It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kemerovo  (Read 4381 times)

Offline chooter

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Kemerovo
« on: November 25, 2020, 01:44:42 AM »
My wife and I have a friend that's been talking with a lady in Kemerovo since the start of Covid. This seems to be a solid thing between the both of them, and they're both in their 60's, so busting balls to try to get over there to meet her asap is not necessary.

As we all know travel restrictions are pretty tight and he can't go to Russia right now nor would he even try with the way Covid is exploding again. She's also had a mild case of Covid and recovered from it. As much as he could he stood by her and wrote, called her and texted her pretty much every day and they talk in Skype every day

We've never been to Kemerovo and would like to help him as much as possible in his trip planning when he can fly over to meet her. so, I've come here to the Google of Russian travel to ask for any information you can possible help him with.

I guess the biggest issue right now is planning how best to travel to Kemerovo from Atlanta. She speaks pretty good English, and he'll be staying in her home with her so that much seems to be covered for him.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated, and thanks in advance for your help.

The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline msmob

Re: Kemerovo
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 02:46:46 AM »
Cannot see how he can go to Russia unless he has a business visa for essential work(

I cannot go unless my wife invites me from my home country..and she us stuck in Russia awaiting entry clearance from my home nation.

Until there is some easing of restrictions, you may need to consider meeting in a nation that will allow Russians and Americans to visit..having taken PCR tests beforehand and on arrival. You will risk getting ill in such a nation. (

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 02:53:03 AM »
An issue to consider, pre vaccine, is if one meets in a third party nation, is getting health insurance, and whether that insurance will cover COVID illness.  I know for Canadians travelling to the US, there is no COVID coverage.

If he can't go to Russia, they could meet in Ukraine.  Although there are restrictions in place currently in Ukraine, it is still open for travel, for both Russians and Americans.  Both need to self quarantine and take a test (cost, 80 hryvnia) on entering the country.  If the test is negative, they need not continue to quarantine.

Relatives tell me that COVID is exploding in Kyiv, so I wouldn't travel until a vaccine is available.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 04:50:36 AM »

Relatives tell me that COVID is exploding in Kyiv, so I wouldn't travel until a vaccine is available.

I work daily with folks in southeast UA.  They also report COVID exploding.  Despite their efforts being careful, they caught it as well.

Offline iwenteast

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »
Serbia is open to both Russian and United States citizens now with no Covid 19 test required.

The situation is getting worse, however: starting yesterday all restaurants are closing at 6 p.m. for a ten-day period.  By the time you make travel plans the situation may change, just like everywhere else in the world.

A handful of other countries are open to citizens of both countries, although I believe they require a Covid test: UAE, Montenegro, and Turkey.  (US citizens require a visa on arrival which costs 25 EUR, this is not required for Russians)

I think a small number of South American countries are open for both countries, although that's obviously a long trip from Kemerova.

Offline chooter

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 10:20:47 AM »
Thanks guys for your relies. Please let me clarify something. Our friend is not interested in flying to Kemerovo until it's safe to travel again and the country has opened back up, nor meeting in another country.

All he's interested in now is how is the best way to get from Atlanta to Kemerovo.

Thanks again for your interesting replies.
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »
...Turkey visa 25 EUR..

A little  more than that , I believe..(

50 USD for a six month m/entree below..screen grab from Turkey e-Visa website for US passport holder

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:11:57 PM by msmob »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 01:11:45 PM »
Thanks guys for your relies. Please let me clarify something. Our friend is not interested in flying to Kemerovo until it's safe to travel again and the country has opened back up, nor meeting in another country.

All he's interested in now is how is the best way to get from Atlanta to Kemerovo.

Thanks again for your interesting replies.

I think the best way would be to catch a flight from Moscow.  There are many routes from Atlanta to Moscow.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline iwenteast

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 01:51:42 PM »
A little  more than that , I believe..(

50 USD for a six month m/entree below..screen grab from Turkey e-Visa website for US passport holder

I don't doubt that you're correct.  That may be the price if you purchase it in advance online.

I have an entry visa that I paid for in a window at the airport in Istanbul for 25 Euros.  I know I'm correct because it's a sticker in my passport and it quite clearly says 25 Euros right on the sticker.  My entry stamp with the visa sticker was from May 2019.

Possibly, it's a different price if you pay it online in advance.  Or perhaps the price has increased since last May.

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 08:07:16 PM »
The last sentence..

Erdoğan ( TR 'President'..Behaves more like a Sultan)  even suspended the right if US citizens to use the e-visa system and you guys had to go to the Turkish embassy / consulate to apply for a visa.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 09:07:25 PM »

There have been some people who walked from the United States to Russia but I recommend using an airplane.  :)

I booked tickets online to Novosibirsk in the past and the first leg, flew on Western planes and the last leg from Moscow to Novosibirsk flew on a Russian plane. If landing at Sheremetyevo airport in Moscow, there are two sides, one for international flights and the other side for domestic flights. There are shuttles to transport people to and from or one can use the much more expensive mafia taxi. [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/color]
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline chooter

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 12:45:09 AM »
Thanks guys for all the interesting replies. We know he has to fly on a plane to get there. I was hoping maybe someone had been to Kemerovo and give us some insight on how they traveled there, what airline n Russia and how best to do it.

When my wife and I go to Russia from Atlanta now we fly KLM to Amsterdam KLM to Moscow. No direct flights from Atlanta to Moscow anymore, and miss that for sure.

My wife is from Staryy Oskol which is a 13.5 hour overnight train ride from Kursky Station. Looks like it would be a long trip on the train from Moscow to Kemerovo.

Lot of gorgeous single women in Staryy Oskol. In the years we've been going back there I've never once seen an American man there. As a matter of fact, I've always seen the women without men there except for the married ones. More women than men. When we were over last summer before Covid,  I told my wife if I was only a few years younger. She laughed and said, well you're not so settle down and keep your eyes focused on me.  Ok, sure not going any further with that one lol.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1968
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM