It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How NOT to behave on a TR  (Read 6087 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How NOT to behave on a TR
« on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:15 PM »
So, a friend of ours rents out her apartment ( in Sochi )  and had a booking from a gentleman wishing to visit a local lady.

Let's save him embarrassment by simply calling him a western guy

He left a day early  - having paid for the week.

Our friend was worried that he might have been unsatisfied with her place and contacted the lady who had put him in contact with her  - to rent the place.

"Oh your place was fine, dear", was the response, "I just finally told me him was a GREEDY man"....

It transpires that on the first night the guy took the lady to a restaurant - well she took him to one - the bill was presented - and he just sat there - waiting for her to pay...

This happened another 2 times, before the lady had had enough..

Now, this is only the lady's side of the story - but it does beg the question of western guys understanding about dating a FSU women ...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: How NOT to behave on a TR
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:52:35 PM »
It transpires that on the first night the guy took the lady to a restaurant - well she took him to one - the bill was presented - and he just sat there - waiting for her to pay...

But....did the lady know that if she paid the bill, the guy would've had sex with her later in the evening? She missed out.

Oh well, some day the guy will find his lady that's into equality.

I dated an FSU woman in the States. First date she takes the bill from me and said "I'll pay half." I took the bill from her and told her I'll pay it all. I'm old fashion and not into the equal rights thing that's going on. She was happy and told me a story where she did that to a guy and he accepted. He even calculated the bill right down the penny on who owed what. That guy didn't get a second date.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 02:20:50 PM »

Now, this is only the lady's side of the story - but it does beg the question of western guys understanding about dating a FSU women ...

Did the lady not enjoy being introduced to his culture? Lol.

I kind of find it funny how we are always expected to play by the lady's cultural rules. No I don't mind paying for dinner but I kind of get the impression the lady sometimes plays the 'man pays for all its worth'. Kind of refreshing to hear of a FSW finding out how it is like when the shoe is on the other foot. Should hopefully remind them not to take advantage of a foriegn guy when he shows generosity.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
In which Western culture is the woman expected to pay for dinner?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:19:45 PM »
Did the lady not enjoy being introduced to his culture? Lol.

I kind of find it funny how we are always expected to play by the lady's cultural rules. No I don't mind paying for dinner but I kind of get the impression the lady sometimes plays the 'man pays for all its worth'. Kind of refreshing to hear of a FSW finding out how it is like when the shoe is on the other foot. Should hopefully remind them not to take advantage of a foriegn guy when he shows generosity.

Your cultural sensitivity is amazing. But certainly I would not be laughing.

Curious have you ever shown generosity to any woman?
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 03:44:02 PM »
In which Western culture is the woman expected to pay for dinner?

In UK the default has been for the bill to be split 50/50 due to gender/pay equality. Pretty sure it's been that way in US for a while too. A guy may offer to pay all of bill, if a girl were to demand he does it would look bad on her/a bad attitude. Sometimes even if a guy says he will pay all the bill the girl can take offence. Usually for feminist reasons, i.e she is not capable/lesser status or maybe think a guy will want sex in return.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »
I know all of that.  In this case, the woman was expected to pick up the entire tab.  That is unknown in Western culture, at least, that's the case in early dates.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:44 PM »
I know all of that.  In this case, the woman was expected to pick up the entire tab.  That is unknown in Western culture, at least, that's the case in early dates.

Progressives are changing the trend and it's becoming heard of on a more frequent basis. First link below says 44% of men would stop seeing a woman if she doesn't reach for the bill. Second chart in the link below says 55% of the women feel picking up the tab shows their date they aren't using him. Lots of women out there don't want to conform to gender roles and some men are embracing the changes. Times are changing but I'll stick with the old fashion girls. The guy Moby is talking about should not be looking for a woman in the FSU. He's going to find out he'll be waiting a long long time before an FSU woman picks up the bill.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/08/21/dating_in_2013_who_pays_the_bill_when_both_men_and_women_work_men.html

http://www.refinery29.com/gender-politics-paying
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline southernX

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 06:01:39 PM »

BO your question was like the concorde  :D, it went straight over his head & he still does not get it

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
In UK the default has been for the bill to be split 50/50 due to gender/pay equality. Pretty sure it's been that way in US for a while too.

:ROFL:

IF this truly is your view of the dating dating scene - I understand another reason why you have been so 'successful' ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »

Maybe the guy got so peed off with having been taken for a ride either with this girl or previous ones he thought he would give the girl an idea of what it is like. I mean if the girl was obviously not into him and became obvious or seemed to him she was along for a jolly. I mean guys that are serious get fed up with girls wasting their time & money when girl could have called it's quits by letting the guy know st the beginning rather after all the entertainment/expense has gone through. If he discovered at the end she was not at all onto him then he probably thought why waste money on a girl he is not going to be with. My thought is if a guy thinks he's got a thing going with a girl unless he's a complete idiot he's not going to have a problem paying the whole bill.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 11:06:53 PM »
So he obtains a visa to Russia, rents an apartment, and the goes out three nights in a row with a woman to "teach her a lesson". He sounds stupid in addition to having no social skills.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:27:32 PM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 11:25:09 PM »
So he obtains a visa to Russia, rents an apartment, and the gies out three nights in a row with a woman to "teach her a lesson". He sounds stupid in addition to having no social skills.

Ah I see, then he probably decided to make her pay until she puts out :D

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 12:09:10 AM »
Boethius,

Do you still think our 'Trenchcoat' isn't a troll ?

Or is he really that socially inept with his 'humour' / social interaction skills ? ...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:07:48 AM by msmob »

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 01:59:39 AM »
My guess a socially challenged troll.

He lives with his mother and his pets, two goldfish and a hamster. I will avoid further commentary to his drivel.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »

He lives with his mother and his pets, two goldfish and a hamster. I will avoid further commentary to his drivel.

Unfortunately the number of threads on other topics (except Trump) is drying up, so it's getting harder to avoid him.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 07:02:51 PM »
Pretty sure it's been that way in US for a while too.

Have you dated in the USA? I've never NOT paid for 100% of the meal.
I have had dinner prepared for me at a young ladies house and I didn't
pay for it, but I would usually bring wine or something.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
Boethius,

Do you still think our 'Trenchcoat' isn't a troll ?

Or is he really that socially inept with his 'humour' / social interaction skills ? ...

It would be really, really funny if he was a troll, but I've never yet met a troll
who was that consistently talented in pretending to be a cheapskate. I would
have a big barrel laugh at my own expense for being fooled.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline JayH

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »

Note how long ago I made that point !!
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21697.0

Online JayH

Finding a Girl in your subject area? Is it best?
« on: February 21, 2017, 01:34:59 AM »
Quote from: jone on February 19, 2017, 12:41:03 PM
Trench,

Gotta tell you, this search for an Eastern European wife is not for you.  You are the most over cautious conservative cheap individual I have seen on this or any other forum.  By virtue of your questions, I can tell that you are not sexually adept.  Nor do you have the communication skills to effectively convey your feelings positively to a lady from Eastern Europe.  Some people just are not meant for this.  You are one such person.

Like I said months ago   -- a socially inept misfit  !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »
Our friend

You can never underestimate the pure stupidity that some people possess.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
You can never underestimate the pure stupidity that some people possess.

From your short quote ..'Our' - I'm guessing you meant the visiting guy?)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 01:51:52 PM »
From your short quote ..'Our' - I'm guessing you meant the visiting guy?)

I was summing up quite a few punters that we run across in the MOB game.

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1969
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM