It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Wow this is awkward..  (Read 20265 times)

Offline SMS60

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Wow this is awkward..
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »
Zeke, I dont know much about angecies.

But

I will throw something at you from a diffirent perspective. If you are right on the inside, right frame of mind, know your worth, ect..... these are all issues of self improvement. Your internal compass will work correctly. It does not matter where or how you search, being in the right frame of mind will detect most toxic or fake women.

Make sure your head is clear and free of fog and things will workout. You will chose the right woman.

I hope you understand where Im coming from.
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »
I agree, Zeke,
it's a good thing to take some time to be alone after a divorce and not jump into another relationship too soon. Take your time, reflect upon what happened in your marriage, assess what you need to do to improve yourself to become a more desirable partner for your future lady, try to clearly understand in your mind what qualities are important for you to see in your future soulmate. All this takes time, soul searching and being brutally honest with yourself. It is also good to educate yourself on the differences between men and women, how a woman's brain works differently from ours and they perceive things sometimes opposite of us. If you haven't already done it - check out the book called "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus".
It is important to understand that there are all kinds of women in the FSU, from Mother Theresa types to serial murderer type and everything in between. Mob agencies will have you believe thatall RW/UW are ALL these beautiful, feminine, honest and loyal creatures. The reality is quite different though and you must be careful and selective as you would be in your own country when searching for a life partner.

The good part is that there are plenty of nice, family oriented single women in Russia that would love to find their soulmate and create a happy, loving family with him. And they are easy to locate and get to know. You just need to know how to approach them, how to talk to them and catch their interest. Honestly, if I was single right now I wouldn't waste a day looking for a woman here in the US (Unless she was a RW already here). I would become active on Russian dating sites and have several good prospects in just a few weeks. It's really not as difficult as some people would have you believe!

Do what you've got to do, take as much time as you deem necessary before you start the search and then, when you are ready go for it and it can be so much fun!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline dogspot

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 12:36:54 PM »
3 months...not very long

My advice to you (from my own experience) is to enjoy your time alone. Date locally and don't jump into any serious relationships. Have fun and do the things that you couldn't do while married. Keep reading this board and take your time and learn from others' experiences. After a couple years of enjoying your alone time and armed with some good knowledge about international dating, ask yourself if you are ready to take the plunge.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you aren't looking for or ready for a serious life-long relationship right now. For this, I would suggest refraining from joining any international dating sites at this time. But stick around. This forum is actually very interesting and entertaining.

Offline veritas

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
It is also good to educate yourself on the differences between men and women, how a woman's brain works differently from ours and they perceive things sometimes opposite of us. If you haven't already done it - check out the book called "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus".

Excuse me, but this is HARDLY universal -- I'm more "Venusian" myself, and I know women who are more "Martian" ...

That's why I LOATHE books like that ... I believe men and women with similar PERSONALITIES actually have more
in common with each OTHER than they do with same-sex persons with DIFFERENT personalities ... I don't believe
there are any over-arching factors (other than physical/sexual) that should divide men and women into different
"categories" entirely ...

Let's not be lumping EVERYONE into familiar stereotypes here ...  It's NOT really "us" and "them" ... :rolleyes2:

Kevin

P.S.  I totally agree with dogspot -- that was my first thought, too, when I read "3 months" ....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:01:01 PM by newkt »

Offline LanaRUS

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »
And I like  this book  "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus".
I think, it really help  better to understand each other...
Some heads of this book of a steel for me revelation... :)
Never stop smiling even when you ar sad. Someone may fall in love with your smile.

Offline veritas

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
And I like  this book  "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus".
I think, it really help  better to understand each other...
Some heads of this book of a steel for me revelation... :)

Well, Lana, it took a while for this to happen, but you and I have FINALLY "agreed to disagree" ... ;D

Kevin

P.S.  Sorry, Zeke -- back to you ... :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:21:35 PM by newkt »

Offline Zeke0123

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »
Thanks for the sound advice everyone...and thanks to the site..admins etc for just being here...that was a sad trip with a lonely bad ending waiting to happen and I appreciate getting knocked off course :).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:37:05 PM by Zeke0123 »

Offline Zeke0123

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »
Zeke, I dont know much about angecies.

But

I will throw something at you from a diffirent perspective. If you are right on the inside, right frame of mind, know your worth, ect..... these are all issues of self improvement. Your internal compass will work correctly. It does not matter where or how you search, being in the right frame of mind will detect most toxic or fake women.

Make sure your head is clear and free of fog and things will workout. You will chose the right woman.

I hope you understand where Im coming from.
I do and thank you :) but why jump in the piranha pool when there is a nice chlorinated one right next to it :)

Offline Gator

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
Zeke,

Yes, date locally. 

When you fall off a horse, you need to get back on.  Find an easy horse to ride before taking on the RW thoroughbreds who can be a bit touchy.

I would still continue to look in the FSU as well as date locally.  Just acknowledge to them that you need some time.  RW will prefer a man who will travel to them in the next few months.  The desperate RW (to be avoided) will want someone even sooner.  Yet, a few decent, sincere RW will not be deterred if you think you can travel within the next 9-12 months.  That is a lot of emails, so find women with whom you can communicate directly without paying for each email.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 03:06:24 PM »
Excuse me, but this is HARDLY universal -- I'm more "Venusian" myself, and I know women who are more "Martian" ...

That's why I LOATHE books like that ... I believe men and women with similar PERSONALITIES actually have more
in common with each OTHER than they do with same-sex persons with DIFFERENT personalities ... I don't believe
there are any over-arching factors (other than physical/sexual) that should divide men and women into different
"categories" entirely ...

Let's not be lumping EVERYONE into familiar stereotypes here ...  It's NOT really "them" and "us" ... :rolleyes2:

Kevin
Hi Kevin, I agree with you that this can not be applied to a 100% of the population and there are diversions and exceptions. But in general terms my life experience supports the idea that men and women do think, perceive and rationalize differently from each other. Failure to understand that may cause additional problems in a relationship IMO.

Here is something for people who'd like to learn Russian: разное восприятие = [rah-znoh-yeah  vah-spree-yah--tee-yeah] = different perception
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:32:04 PM by Eduard »
realrussianmatch.com

Offline veritas

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »
Hi Kevin, I agree with you that this can not be applied to a 100% of the population and there are diversions and exceptions. But in general terms my life experience supports the idea that men and women do think, perceive and rationalize differently from each other. Failure to understand that may cause additional problems in a relationship IMO.

I do know what you're trying to say here, but ...

It is important to understand that there are all kinds of women in the FSU, from Mother Theresa types to serial murderer type and everything in between.

And the same is true for women everywhere, of course, and for men everywhere, of course ...

So what I'm trying to say here is that "Mother Theresa" types and "Father Terrence" types have more in common
with each OTHER than EITHER of them has with either the male OR female "serial-killer" types -- and vice versa ...

I really believe that "personality type" differences are MORE important than "male-female type" differences, and so
it's always been a pet peeve of mine when people try to make "male vs. female" into "Mars vs. Venus" and the like ...

There are instead books like "The Enneagram" that prefer to classify people by personality type rather than by gender ...

Kevin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:56:28 PM by newkt »

Offline Eduard

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
I do know what you're trying to say here, but ...

And the same is true for women everywhere, of course, and for men everywhere, of course ...

So what I'm trying to say here is that "Mother Theresa" types and "Father Terrence" types have more in common
with each OTHER than EITHER of them has with either the male OR female "serial-killer" types -- and vice versa ...

I really believe that "personality type" differences are MORE important than "male-female type" differences, and so
it's always been a pet peeve of mine when people try to make "male vs. female" into "Mars vs. Venus" and the like ...

There are instead books like "The Enneagram" that prefer to classify people by personality type rather than by gender ...

Kevin
Kevin, to use your own quote: "Excuse me, but this is HARDLY universal -- I'm more "Venusian" myself", I must admit that you, Kevin, prolly are much more in tune with the way women think and perceive things than I was several years back, when I read "man are from Mars, women are from Venus". But for me, having more of a typical psychological make up of a male, I must say that reading this book was an eye opening experience. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one  :)
realrussianmatch.com

Offline veritas

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
Kevin, to use your own quote: "Excuse me, but this is HARDLY universal -- I'm more "Venusian" myself", I must admit that you, Kevin, prolly are much more in tune with the way women think and perceive things than I was several years back, when I read "man are from Mars, women are from Venus". But for me, having more of a typical psychological make up of a male, I must say that reading this book was an eye opening experience. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one  :)

Good enough for me!  :)

Kevin

P.S.  But, of course, I'd say that I'm more in tune with people having a similar PERSONALITY -- men OR women ...  ;)
        I think of myself as a person, rather than as a "male" OR "female" ...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:17:21 PM by newkt »

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
Good enough for me!  :)

Kevin

P.S.  But, of course, I'd say that I'm more in tune with people having a similar PERSONALITY -- men OR women ...  ;)
        I think of myself as a person, rather than as a "male" OR "female" ...

ah HA! Our very first asexual member (pun intended of course)  ;D
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline veritas

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 03:40:42 AM »
ah HA! Our very first asexual member (pun intended of course)  ;D

No problem, Dave!  ;D

Kevin

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »

look at American men like fools and cash cows 

This should read: "Most of the world looks at America as a Cash Cow." Keep this in mind and you'll be yards ahead of most of the other fools )))

And Welcome Zeke, it sounds like you're doing some smart things, walking around with your eyes open and the radar on.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Shadow

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
This should read: "Most of the world looks at America as a Cash Cow." Keep this in mind and you'll be yards ahead of most of the other fools )))

And Welcome Zeke, it sounds like you're doing some smart things, walking around with your eyes open and the radar on.
On the contrary... you will be labeled as 'greedy' for an American.
Being Dutch it is almost impossible to be seen as more 'greedy' than the stereotype.  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 12:00:22 PM »
On the contrary... you will be labeled as 'greedy' for an American.
Being Dutch it is almost impossible to be seen as more 'greedy' than the stereotype.  ;D

I didn't say "Be greedy" I said understand that a lot of the world views American's as a source of easy money. Use your regular spending habits modified to fit the local financial situations.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Shadow

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »
I didn't say "Be greedy" I said understand that a lot of the world views American's as a source of easy money. Use your regular spending habits modified to fit the local financial situations.
But the other side might see the regular spending habits as greedy, knowing that Americans are famous for throwing around cash.  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Zeke0123

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »
I probably need to check that book out...I'm and "Alpha" type in just about all of my relations work women etc...I'm certainly not a dick but I tend to take control of situations pretty early..maybe thats not always good. 

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »
Never be a marshmellow around a woman )))

Offline MatryoshkaMan

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
I completely, wholeheartedly recommend www.singles.ru. On the left side there is an English tab. Click it and you are off to the races on a course with perhaps 20million russian-speaking women. Pay the $10 for the premium membership so you can access the "advanced" search - reason being that you can search by a lot more parameters, including language. Check "UK English" (as opposed to US English with no one checks off) and of course by detailed city/region, etc. I almost guarantee you within a week you will be happily chatting away with all sorts of interesting women, some of which you can (if you want) be webchatting with via Skype within a week. When I threw myself back into the ring recently I was thinking about re-joining Elenas but decided to focus on singles.ru. It paid off in spades and I couldn't be more happier with the result. You WILL have fun, you WILL meet women who are sincerely interested in you and you WILL quickly cull out the scammers. These are real women, the kind you see walking on the streets and in the stores all over the FSU on a daily basis. Singles.ru membership is like having your own key cut to a world of beautiful, interesting and eligible women. Go get em!
On the 2nd go-round. Married 9 years to a RW already!

Offline Velena

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Ah! JR, you are back, I missed you......you are naughty boy, what are you up to these days?
I almost forgot what I was going to write about, I ve got so excited reading you, JR, you r naughty naughty boy.
Anyway, Ladies & Gentelmen, I think I need an advice or to be precise I would like to listen to your opinions. I am not sure if it is a correct subject for my post, but......here we go....
After several months of hard search for love on the various dating sites, it finally happened. I met Him and the attraction was immediate and immense, the blood was rushing in to our heads and it felt just so great! We met 3 times so far during last 2 weeks and we are keeping in touch by txt, phone, email an so on. Everything seems to be perfect, but there is one thing that I am worried about. It maybe sounds petty, but the bloke doesn't have a pot to piss in, he is a forklift driver and still is living with his mum (he is 38 y.o). We had a really good time together, but before we seal our connection with the passionate act of love I want to make a desision about the possibility of our potential future together. I am very ambitious person with the demand for certain life style. I am very confused  :-\
The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously

Offline Boethius

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »
Why should a man provide your lifestyle?  Can't you provide your own lifestyle?  It sounds as if he is not ambitious, but if you're ambitious, does it matter?   I would be more concerned  with his character than anything else.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Velena

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »
He doesn't have to provided it. I have a very good career and I am earning twice as much as he does. The life style we are living now is very different, our desires and expectations from life are different. I wonder if it can become a problem in a longterm.
P.S. I am Russian, but livung and working in UK. He is English.
The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701