It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Could this all be true?  (Read 20415 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Could this all be true?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 07:52:14 AM »
Zeus, education was very important to all the RW I met, yet I met only RW with university degrees.  There was one with a "college" education, which is equivalent to our tech school, and she had more money than the highly educated RW.

Now if you owned your diesel repair business, that would be a different matter entirely.

Start reading this site like it's for the bar exam.

Good analogy, yet do you think he understands it?  That it is not a 3-hour study program that can be done in one hour.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 09:49:02 AM »
Zeus - I am not sure where you are at, but I'll assume you are mature for your age.  I strongly suggest you go to a Russian language intensive course in Russia.  There are many of them in major cities like St. Petersburg, Moscow etc.  as well as smaller cities like Tver.   Spend at least six weeks over there learning the language and something about the culture.  Then come back here and tell us what you think.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:41:58 AM by Bruce »
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Christian

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »
Ok I guess I will put off getting married, I heard Russian women like men who are extreme amounts older than them anyways. This will also give me time to learn the language.

And no I'm not zeusophobic, infact I'm prettymuch the opposite. I just like to use this sn beceause nobodys ever able to pronounce this word and I find it funny.

Zeus, Dios (Greek mythological god) + phobia (fear).  Its good to hear that you don't fear Zeus, although there is a movemnet to restore the worship of the Greek gods.  The last time I checked the bronze statue of Zeus was still without his spear (thunderbolt) and his eye sockets were hollow having lost his milky orbs long ago.

If you go to Russia to learn Russian you will lose income.  Learn the basics here, attain an intermediate level of proficiency and socialize with native Slavs here in America for cultural and linguistic purposes.

Marriage is a serious undertaking.  To become someone's husband requires a lot of responsibility.  Think about it over and over again.

Christian
Ибо [только] Я знаю намерения, какие имею о вас, говорит Господь, намерения во благо, а не на зло, чтобы дать вам будущность и надежду. 
И воззовете ко Мне, и пойдете и помолитесь Мне, и Я услышу вас; 
и взыщете Меня и найдете, если взыщете Меня всем сердцем вашим.

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »
The gals you listed are pretty average for this endeavor.   As you scout around more you will see that.

There are guys who have been at this a long time.   For me it was a decade.   I see others that get close to that mark.   I think the worst thing may be to meet a gal on the very first trip.   You miss a lot and there is a chance that your newness may let you make a mistake but many have met great women on their first trip.

If you can fix an exhaust in 1 hour that is supposed to be taking 3-4 hours I am not sure I would want you working on my exhaust.   I hope you don't carry that through to the search for a RW.   Take the time to do it right.   It is easier to do a k-1 in two days than it is to change the exhaust that fast but it would be a big mistake. 

There are women who will accept a larger age gap than is customary in the USA but most want a pretty normal age gap.   You have lots of time at  your age.

Haha, you're actually the first person who has said that. I bet you don't work in an auto shop and have never been in the marines.

First of all, if I fix that exhaust in 1 hour, it is infact completely fixed, beceause it has to get go through quality control and pass a 20(?) point inspection (it's been a while since I've done quality control).

Also, book hour is made to be generous, slow mechanics can do an exhaust job in 2 and a half hours.

On top of that Marines do not make mistakes and we are well above the bar. If you have ever met a marine in your life, not only would you not be surprised when he was completing projects in one third of the time, but you'd expect that from him.

You may not want me to fix your exhaust, but my boss sure loves the hell out of me, and my future wife won't have any complaints when I'm getting 24 hours worth of pay in 8 hours and making 6 digits as a mechanic =).

On a different subject- the education thing. I don't understand this, I have most of the credits I need to get a bachelors degree in diesel mechanics- I got these between my military training and getting my certification.

I could go get my bachelors if it's THAT important. It would probably take me a year and a half to finish. Infact I might get a slight hourly payraise if I showed it to my boss, I doubt it though.

Infact if I went and got a bachelors degree in diesel mechanics I don't think that would change me at all, except for the fact that I could tell people I have a degree, and for the next year and a half there will be lots of time taken out of my life that I could have spent learning Russian.

Why do these women care so much about a degree?

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »
if I told one to just stay home all day with the kids while I work this would make her happy?
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Misha

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »

It is a cultural thing: it is a sign of class and sophistication. I know one RW here who is nagging her son non-stop to go to university and get an education. He just wants to work. She can't understand why he does not want to go to university for his "future." Her son who has been Canada for 4 years and completely integrated, is telling his mother to go back to Russia and leave him alone.

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »
This leads me to beleive that alot of the Ukrainain women are in a piss poor situation in their home country and they just want to jump ship to America more than anything.\

Again, totally wrong in a number of ways.

Ukrainians are not piss poor.  They lead good lives and have the material things they need, including very nice clothes.  They work and have good jobs and enjoy life.

And no, they don't want to jump ship and leave Ukraine.  The fact is leaving home to move to a new country is NOT what they want to do.  They love their country and culture. It would be a sacrifice to them to leave their country for yours.

Offline Christian

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 12:54:20 PM »
Haha, you're actually the first person who has said that. I bet you don't work in an auto shop and have never been in the marines.

First of all, if I fix that exhaust in 1 hour, it is infact completely fixed, beceause it has to get go through quality control and pass a 20(?) point inspection (it's been a while since I've done quality control).

Also, book hour is made to be generous, slow mechanics can do an exhaust job in 2 and a half hours.

On top of that Marines do not make mistakes and we are well above the bar. If you have ever met a marine in your life, not only would you not be surprised when he was completing projects in one third of the time, but you'd expect that from him.

You may not want me to fix your exhaust, but my boss sure loves the hell out of me, and my future wife won't have any complaints when I'm getting 24 hours worth of pay in 8 hours and making 6 digits as a mechanic =).

On a different subject- the education thing. I don't understand this, I have most of the credits I need to get a bachelors degree in diesel mechanics- I got these between my military training and getting my certification.

I could go get my bachelors if it's THAT important. It would probably take me a year and a half to finish. Infact I might get a slight hourly payraise if I showed it to my boss, I doubt it though.

Infact if I went and got a bachelors degree in diesel mechanics I don't think that would change me at all, except for the fact that I could tell people I have a degree, and for the next year and a half there will be lots of time taken out of my life that I could have spent learning Russian.

It shows them stability - stick-to-it-ness.  There is no shame in being a "grease monkey."  It is an honorable profession.

Calendar girls (whether in the shop or barracks) ain't the real thing.  Nope - no way.  They cry, laugh, are mischevious, take revenge seven years later (where did that come from or what the hell?) and some can even cook!  You got to be able to live with them and produce more than a parting remark to "the babe" on the wall....

Neither the value of your life or life itself can be measured in dollars and sense.  Can you make her laugh, feel needed, secure and worthwhile?  Sex is great, but better with one that you will not discard.

Christian  
Ибо [только] Я знаю намерения, какие имею о вас, говорит Господь, намерения во благо, а не на зло, чтобы дать вам будущность и надежду. 

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 01:05:53 PM »
Hello Zeus,

There are a lot of former military people here and many with service as Marines. AJ comes to mind as well as myself and at least three others who I cannot think of there screen name at this time.
   Many excellent FSU people are here who can give much detailed descriptions of the way life is in the fsu and how the people and culture work which you may find different as well as very interesting.

Makkin
FUBAR

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 01:09:01 PM »
Hello Zeus,

There are a lot of former military people here and many with service as Marines. AJ comes to mind as well as myself and at least three others who I cannot think of there screen name at this time.
   Many excellent FSU people are here who can give much detailed descriptions of the way life is in the fsu and how the people and culture work which you may find different as well as very interesting.

Makkin

Cool, what MOS?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 01:16:12 PM by Zeusophobia »

Offline Christian

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
Again, totally wrong in a number of ways.

Ukrainians are not piss poor.  They lead good lives and have the material things they need, including very nice clothes.  They work and have good jobs and enjoy life.

And no, they don't want to jump ship and leave Ukraine.  The fact is leaving home to move to a new country is NOT what they want to do.  They love their country and culture. It would be a sacrifice to them to leave their country for yours.

Nonetheless they are leaving - in great droves - more than from any other FSU country.  Why?  Some seek better employment opportunities and get trapped abroad (the mislead and dissembled) or don't use their time wisely.  Others seek true love and are disappointed.  A few get the whole ball of wax.

Christian

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 02:32:34 PM »
Hello,

Christian bopped my post as I failed to look and went elsewhere as we must have posted the same time..lol

Zeus,

MOS was 3535 in the USMC reserve and later I went to the Army for another hitch..lol I am atraitor it seems..lol

The USMC is far ahead in training as you know and when I went into the Army all I had to do was a two week orientation at Fort Jackson,SC as Marines already have all the training and even a basic Marine 9900 is far ahead of many of those now serving in Iraq for the Army. Seems AIT in the Army is a specialty for job training unlike AIT for Marines where it's part of the package and it's Advanced Infantry Training whereas AIT is Advanced Training for the job specialty and there is no advanced infantry traing in Army unless you are in the Rangers or your MOS is related only to combat...

In the Army I was a Comabt Medic as well as an operating room technician where I was both trained for hospital service as well as field conditions operating procedures in the field. I did my share of surgeries on folks as only in the Army could you find an E-4 through E-6 who could close a patient and move him on to the next stage of recovery. Amazing times when a doctor looks at you and then tells you to close up the patient without a second thought...lol Try that in the civilan world..lol

My friends son is in the USMC and is also a diesel mechanic where he is stationed now in Okinawa. I believe his traing was in Florida but not completely sure? He is a gung ho lad and a great service to our country. I admire him very much for his love of country and duty.

Zeus,

Have you considered going back for another hitch?

Makkin

FUBAR

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
I did some field as well while being a mechanic. I remember the medic was everybodys best friend.

I was actually contemplating doing another 3 year and applying as a translator so they would teach me how to speak fluent Russian.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 03:28:59 PM »
There is a saying that goes something like you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.    I doubt that you skills as a mechanic have much to do with your Marine background.   My son spent 4 years in the Marines and mechanically I can run rings around him.   That did not come from my time in the Army.

A college degree will not have that much impact one way or the other.  I would not worry about it that much.

When I started this the economy was terrible in Russia and Ukraine.   I think in those days there were a lot of women desperate to get out and to get a better and more secure life.   Those days are pretty much in the past.   The people in the FSU can lead a pretty normal life.   Some are willing to leave some are not.   

Yes, there is an Exodus of people but it is not because they don't have a pot to piss in.   Maybe they seek more opportunity but most don't like the idea of leaving their friends and family and would love it if a man were willing to relocate there.  Most women would rather work and find staying at home boring. 

Offline Christian

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
There is a saying that goes something like you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.    I doubt that you skills as a mechanic have much to do with your Marine background.   My son spent 4 years in the Marines and mechanically I can run rings around him.   That did not come from my time in the Army.

A college degree will not have that much impact one way or the other.  I would not worry about it that much.

When I started this the economy was terrible in Russia and Ukraine.   I think in those days there were a lot of women desperate to get out and to get a better and more secure life.   Those days are pretty much in the past.   The people in the FSU can lead a pretty normal life.   Some are willing to leave some are not.   

Yes, there is an Exodus of people but it is not because they don't have a pot to piss in.   Maybe they seek more opportunity but most don't like the idea of leaving their friends and family and would love it if a man were willing to relocate there.  Most women would rather work and find staying at home boring. 

Yes, this is generally true, but I must beg to differ with you on some of this.  There are still families who do not have hot and cold running water and wash using a garden hose from a well.

Whether one wishes to work and be out and about is an individual issue based on values.  The younger and older women probably would like this more but to regulate the inner core values of motherhood and homemaking to peripherial considerations is wholly unwarranted as I see it.  Besides, evidently, Zeusophobia is not interested in such a woman anyway.

Christian

Offline Christian

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 06:54:29 PM »
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Well, yes, perhaps Zeusophobia worded his remarks here badly, but woman who wish to make a "cozy home" and "make a family" evidently think that putting their fanny in the air entails more than just an orgasm consequently.

Christian

Offline I/O

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
There has got to be a catch.

There sure is a catch buddy. I just came home from another weekend away with my relatively new Russian wife and this is the first thing I have opened to read. Seems you've been reading the egency hype. (I haven't read past the opening post yet, but can imagine where it is going).

Less annoying.....holy schit are you in for a shock.....!!!! In your face like a bad sandstorm is closer to the mark. Stay at home... :ROFL: :ROFL: Not a chance...!!! Dedicated housewife? They do their bit and then some but they ain't gunna suck up to your every whim and fancy. More likely the other way around. 5-1 girls to boys..?? C'mon the war dead generation is two generations old now and the numbers have evened up quite a deal. The last believable data I saw was 88-100 (Men to women) and I even saw that figure shot down, so my guess is about 90-100 give or take a little. As for dieing to get out of Russia or Ukraine. :ROFL: :ROFL: Only the schit end of town is trying that on now, albeit if a few guys still come in sucker for it.

Drunks and wife beaters? Russia has it's share of them, but not many more percentage wise than the next place. Basically another agency BS line.

Haven't looked at the profile links you posted, don't need to. Shut down your PC soon and go book a ticket to Russia or Ukraine, go take a look and then you'll see the real story. Yes there is wonderful women there, some of those really wonderful women are married to guys from here on RWD and IMO they are a class apart from any woman you will meet anywhere in the world. A class apart, not necessarily above or below, but unique. To this extent Russian women are not for everyone. Some guys can and do fit nicely with them, but I can imagine many who would not.

Basically toss out most of what you wrote in the opening post and go to the FAQ section here, then ask a few informed questions, then shut down the PC and get travel plans if you think this might be for you. BTW nobody here would disrespect you if you decided it wasn't for you. Most of the guys with just a tad of experience know just how tough it is, but I can tell you the rewards are above and beyond all expectations for those who make it through.

One word of warning, if you ever do get to touch a real Russian woman, doubtful if you'll ever want a western woman again. Think carefully before you take any solid steps. It is pretty hard to go back to looking at CZ's when you have had high grade diamonds, although there is one poster here who might beg to differ. ::) ::)

All the best.

I/O
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:15:55 PM by I/O »

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
There sure is a catch buddy. I just came home from another weekend away with my relatively new Russian wife and this is the first thing I have opened to read. Seems you've been reading the egency hype. (I haven't read past the opening post yet, but can imagine where it is going).

Less annoying.....holy schit are you in for a shock.....!!!! In your face like a bad sandstorm is closer to the mark. Stay at home... :ROFL: :ROFL: Not a chance...!!! Dedicated housewife? They do their bit and then some but they ain't gunna suck up to your every whim and fancy. More likely the other way around. 5-1 girls to boys..?? C'mon the war dead generation is two generations old now and the numbers have evened up quite a deal. The last believable data I saw was 88-100 (Men to women) and I even saw that figure shot down, so my guess is about 90-100 give or take a little. As for dieing to get out of Russia or Ukraine. :ROFL: :ROFL: Only the schit end of town is trying that on now, albeit if a few guys still come in sucker for it.

Drunks and wife beaters? Russian has it's share of them, but not many more percentage wise than the next place. Basically another agency BS line.

Haven't looked at the profile links you posted, don't need to. Shut down your PC soon and go book a ticket to Russia or Ukraine, go take a look and then you'll see the real story. Yes there is wonderful women there, some of those really wonderful women are married to guys from here on RWD and IMO they are a class apart from any woman you will meet anywhere in the world. A class apart, not necessarily above or below, but unique. To this extent Russian women are not for everyone. Some guys can and do fit nicely with them, but I can imagine many who would not.

Basically toss out most of what you wrote in the opening post and go to the FAQ section here, then ask a few informed questions, then shut down the PC and get travel plans if you think this might be for you. BTW nobody here would disrespect you if you decided it wasn't for you. Most of the guys with just a tad of experience know just how tough it is, but I can tell you the rewards are above and beyond all expectations for those who make it through.

One word of warning, if you ever do get to touch a real Russian woman, doubtful if you'll ever want a western woman again. Think carefully before you take any solid steps. It is pretty hard to go back to looking at CZ's when you have had high grade diamonds, although there is one poster here who might beg to differ. ::) ::)

All the best.

I/O

OK I will go to that section, but I've heard Russian women described as "fierce" and that they order you around. Does a relaxed Russian exist or are they all high strung and mean like people make them out to be? I don't want a mean wife. And I'm going to that section you recomended right now.

Offline I/O

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 09:44:17 PM »
OK I will go to that section, but I've heard Russian women described as "fierce" and that they order you around. Does a relaxed Russian exist or are they all high strung and mean like people make them out to be? I don't want a mean wife. And I'm going to that section you recomended right now.

Good for you...!!! Read and read the FAQ section. Our ol' Texan mate JB managed (As I understand it) the development of that section and he knows his stuff regarding Russia as do most of the contributers to that section (I am not one of them).

Fierce and not relaxed. Well let me paint this picture to you. My Mrs and I were having a serious ding dong this morning as we were packing to come home. (Over some unimportant BS as is usual with us) Then 5 minutes later she appeared wearing one of my shirts (Not much else) with coffee and a kiss for me, go figure, then on the way home she was "Seat pushed back, book in hand, feet on dashboard of my SUV, window open and long blonde hair flowing in the breeze". Pretty relaxed I suggest. She is the softest, kindest and most affectionate person I have ever known, but when she has her dander up, one has got to be on their metal to go toe to toe with her. I just love it because I can't stand a wet sock but there is some guys she would steam roll.

A few days ago, another Russian woman, (Local here who I think is a trouble maker) suggested to my wife our marriage would not go the distance. Holy schit didn't my wife cut loose on her and give her the real "How's your mum" in both Russian and English.

Point is, the loyalty is something worth noting and even for me somewhat surprising, particularly at this early stage of marriage. My wife was wholey insulted by the inference and was not about to let this dame of the hook lightly, regardless of the fact she was a fellow country woman, she copped the sharp end of a Russian tongue for quite some time. (I just sat and watched the process of one Russian being put right back in her place and then dissected by another Russian woman, quite entertaining actually)

Russian women don't like to be pushed around, but by the same token they don't seem to respect a guy who is easily pushed around also. They seem to like a leader, but a real leader is not a dominator. (Think where you fit into that one carefully). If you demonstrate yourself as a worthy leader, IMO a decent Russian woman will be your partner to hell and back, but remember she will be a partner not a puppy and she sure as hell wont be mean or nasty if you handle her the right way.

I/O

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 12:33:04 AM »

Good stuff I/O

Makkin
FUBAR

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 05:14:35 AM »
I have to agree with most everything I/O said.   Don't let it discourage you though.   Believe me, once you get hooked you are hooked for life.   

I would say strong willed and determined are better words than fierce and mean.  They are not mean at all.  I would call them the most loving and affectionate women you could want and they will use that strong willed and determined quality to stand up for you or your relationship too.   I do not see them as women you are going to order around.

Offline Christian

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2007, 08:40:34 AM »
I have to agree with most everything I/O said.   Don't let it discourage you though.   Believe me, once you get hooked you are hooked for life.   

I would say strong willed and determined are better words than fierce and mean.  They are not mean at all.  I would call them the most loving and affectionate women you could want and they will use that strong willed and determined quality to stand up for you or your relationship too.   I do not see them as women you are going to order around.

They are passionate about things that matter and are jealous against all else inconsequential.  This includes their husband's and family's health and well-being and their intolerance to half-hearted measures. 

Passionate in bed, in homemaking, in values and in life.  Definitely ask her opinion and input.  Value it!  Cherish it! - even if she is wrong!

Christian   

Offline deccie

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2007, 12:39:17 PM »

Fierce and not relaxed. Well let me paint this picture to you. My Mrs and I were having a serious ding dong this morning as we were packing to come home. (Over some unimportant BS as is usual with us)

I/O, my only question is will you find these "unimportant BS" arguments you describe you two having as at all wearing over time? Do you expect the frequency to decrease over time?

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »
I/O, my only question is will you find these "unimportant BS" arguments you describe you two having as at all wearing over time? Do you expect the frequency to decrease over time?
I'll handle this one as after 8 years of marriage I have a little insight to this.  No, the little BS conflicts never really ever "go away."  It is the price you pay for marrying a strong willed woman.  As said many times here, RW are not for the weak of heart.
KenC
(BTW, I totally related to I/O's post)
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »
(BTW, I totally related to I/O's post)

I'll just say "me too" on this one. Good stuff I/O!

Ken

P. S.  Would someone please tell me how JC Superstar could have any insight into this? He's been to Russia what, once on a business trip right? Just another case of steroid induced verbal diarrhea it seems.
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 3392
Total: 3401

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM