It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What Jacket?  (Read 13872 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: What Jacket?
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »
it’s deeper than just clothes, fellas
ask a real estate agent
they do a thing called “staging”
whereby they influence a buyer’s perception by adding furniture, etc to a property
to increase it’s visual appeal
think of this as “props”....

my all time most successful “prop” was a Mac PowerBook
top end model was $3,500 in the USA and double that in Ukraine
there was maybe 2 or 3 in the whole country of Ukraine, and I had one of them...
best to keep it locked in a leather brief case like I did

other props
inside the briefcase were misc travel brochures, exotic “stuff” that no Ukrainian girl would ever see...

go into Taras Shevchenko library
find a place where a buncha girls are sitting
don’t make eye contact
just pick a table and have a seat
pull out some “work” and then do some “stuff” on the power book
within 5 minutes, they’ll come over
shy and hesitant at first
big smile and act surprised
keep voice low
ask for some help or assistance, a good choice is location of a nearby cafe to get a cuppa
when she tells you, look confused, then say, “hey I know, why don’t you come with me and show me and we’ll have lunch”

they call that step 1 and then you go on to step 2

I am not BSing you, I had a 50% success rate with this approach with women 18-28 and I was 40 at the time...

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:06:51 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
it’s deeper than just clothes, fellas
ask a real estate agent
they do a thing called “staging”
whereby they influence a buyer’s perception by adding furniture, etc to a property
to increase it’s visual appeal
think of this as “props”....

my all time most successful “prop” was a Mac PowerBook
top end model was $3,500 in the USA and double that in Ukraine
there was maybe 2 or 3 in the whole country of Ukraine, and I had one of them...
best to keep it locked in a leather brief case like I did

other props
inside the briefcase were misc travel brochures, exotic “stuff” that no Ukrainian girl would ever see...

go into Taras Shevchenko library
find a place where a buncha girls are sitting
don’t make eye contact
just pick a table and have a seat
pull out some “work” and then do some “stuff” on the power book
within 5 minutes, they’ll come over
shy and hesitant at first
big smile and act surprised
keep voice low
ask for some help or assistance, a good choice is location of a nearby cafe to get a cuppa
when she tells you, look confused, then say, “hey I know, why don’t you come with me and show me and we’ll have lunch”

they call that step 1 and then you go on to step 2

I am not BSing you, I had a 50% success rate with this approach with women 18-28 and I was 40 at the time...

Good to know Krim :) Well I guess I could try with my Samsung Tab S6. Don't think I would purchase anything new just for the task though. In general it's more a permanent relationship I'm after than a quick hook up. Though I've never really seen why a quick hook up can't lead to a more permanent footing, so maybe I guess.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »
Krim back in the day all I had to do was pull into a dinner along route 66 and speak with an English accent and the girls came flocking and no props at all except a rental car.  Its the millennial pull of the chance of acquiring exotic DNA.

Online krimster2

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2019, 06:12:57 PM »
tiz what all my British friends say, and the reverse is also TRUE!!!
seems to me some kinda Anglo American partnership could be put together, some kinda "cultural" exchange
young dewds today seem to need a LOT of help

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 01:00:58 AM »
TC,
  What would you normally wear?
A.to a nice, but  not too pretentious restaurant?
B.daily ,or to go walk by the park or marina ?

Wear those things you already own  for your profile photos, its who you are.

Nothing wrong with with updating your wardrobe, IF, its something you want to do for yourself, or would normally do at intervals anyway.

You know when I might think of fashion or clothes?
5 minutes before heading out the door .
Or in case of a long trip ,perhaps 15 minutes to grab  a few things and toss in my bag.
You know the one  time I might even put any thought into a particular choice of what to wear?(other than weather)
A first meeting or date.
Other times where a bit nicer dress code is warranted,  I'd already know what I'd wear out of a couple choices.
I do occasionally think to wear stuff my  wife finds attractive on me, but it's just stuff I already own that she happens to like the fit of better.

You know when I might care what any given random man or woman i dont know thought of my style ,or lack of fashion sense? Never.

So why (in th he past) would I care on a first date ?
It's not random and is someone I've had some type of connection with and would like to make a decent first impression,however the little bit of thought I'd put into it ,would be mostly deciding exactly the fine line between not dressing above what I'd do most naturally, and yet still looking a tad polished.

I would absolutely be completely ecstatic if some woman was not interested in me because of how I was dressed in either a chance meeting or an intentional one.

Do you understand that concept?
Sorts out who I'd actually  be compatible without fuss nor muss.
Women who its that important  to, well ultimately they would be  unlikely to end up a good fit in my life,  or I in theirs.
  Women that wouldn't put so much emphasis on such things. ,props,or what brand watch,computer or cell phone I have, are far more likely to be compatible.
See how this actually works in real life?

The flip side is
I have been in long term relationships with fashionistas, it works as long as they dont expect that to also be my interest,and if they don't mind that  I'm not going change wardrobe in some weird  founding of a relationship.  I dont expect them to take up motocross or desert racing either, so ....lol

You know that poor folk marry every day, so do wealthy folk,  fashionistas,  adventurers,  and trash collectors.
Pray tell how ,if it takes all this manuavering, props, proper fashion down to what jacket ?
Ugh , thats draining and boring.

I'm not saying dont tidy up, I am saying be true to yourself.
Its the  way you'll find someone compatible, .in fact it's the best way to do so.

You are over thinking it.

You only need to find one.

Part of sorting out is natural selection, for every women who would be disappointed you did not dress better (given a bloke already dresses within the realm of normal)
There would be at least one woman that found your confidence in not caring deeply about the subject , or what others thought of your attire , attractive.

My opinion is you need to meet more, dwell on the details less.
  Someone may indeed love you for your passion for research and details, but you still need to keep meeting people(locally or wherever)  to run into that person.

Offline Kunstkammer

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 08:49:50 AM »
So I’m sitting here at work, bored between classes, I read this OP, start laughing out loud. Colleague comes and she asks me what I’m laughing at, I let her read. Laughter ensues. Another colleague comes to see what is so funny. Other colleague is too busy laughing so I read it out loud to her. She starts dying. Other colleague (French teacher who doesn’t speak English) is intrigued  I translate it to her, laughter ensues.

Thanks for the break in boredom. Best thread ever.
По всему Кавказу про нас слава ходит, наш дедушка, наш Ермолов на всех страх наводит.

Online krimster2

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:58 AM »
your "Fransuska" finds us amusing (big eye roll)
really?
can you ask your ami for me which Parisian Pissoir is her "favorite", s'il vous plaît?
chic alors!

"Yermolov"? did you read the new biography, it says he was gay!!!

PS
please tell your French woman with hairy arm pits
that I have slept with more Ukrainian women than the two of you put together plus all your friends and relatives combined...
and that I find this fact entertaining as well!!!!!
merci, spossiba!!!!

PS II
hey malchik, if we're such "pridorki"
how come y'all copy every freakin thing we do, music, culture, technology, and EVERYTHING else
I don't think you had an original idea since the time you figured out how to put one little wooden doll inside another one

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:01:41 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »
So I’m sitting here at work, bored between classes, I read this OP, start laughing out loud. Colleague comes and she asks me what I’m laughing at, I let her read. Laughter ensues. Another colleague comes to see what is so funny. Other colleague is too busy laughing so I read it out loud to her. She starts dying. Other colleague (French teacher who doesn’t speak English) is intrigued  I translate it to her, laughter ensues.

Thanks for the break in boredom. Best thread ever.

Over a thread about a Jacket? ???

I'm telling you there have been far funnier and entertaining threads on here. Admittedly generally when a western guy meets a Russian girl, and yes I'm guessing that occasionally means me.

Take James and his recent meeting with a Ukrainian woman north of Kiev. No one including himself would have guessed how that one would have twisted around. Nothing on him just it happens quite a lot to many of us on here including myself.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2019, 11:04:16 AM »
TC,
  What would you normally wear?
A.to a nice, but  not too pretentious restaurant?
B.daily ,or to go walk by the park or marina ?

Wear those things you already own  for your profile photos, its who you are.

Nothing wrong with with updating your wardrobe, IF, its something you want to do for yourself, or would normally do at intervals anyway.

You know when I might think of fashion or clothes?
5 minutes before heading out the door .
Or in case of a long trip ,perhaps 15 minutes to grab  a few things and toss in my bag.
You know the one  time I might even put any thought into a particular choice of what to wear?(other than weather)
A first meeting or date.
Other times where a bit nicer dress code is warranted,  I'd already know what I'd wear out of a couple choices.
I do occasionally think to wear stuff my  wife finds attractive on me, but it's just stuff I already own that she happens to like the fit of better.

You know when I might care what any given random man or woman i dont know thought of my style ,or lack of fashion sense? Never.

So why (in th he past) would I care on a first date ?
It's not random and is someone I've had some type of connection with and would like to make a decent first impression,however the little bit of thought I'd put into it ,would be mostly deciding exactly the fine line between not dressing above what I'd do most naturally, and yet still looking a tad polished.

I would absolutely be completely ecstatic if some woman was not interested in me because of how I was dressed in either a chance meeting or an intentional one.

Do you understand that concept?
Sorts out who I'd actually  be compatible without fuss nor muss.
Women who its that important  to, well ultimately they would be  unlikely to end up a good fit in my life,  or I in theirs.
  Women that wouldn't put so much emphasis on such things. ,props,or what brand watch,computer or cell phone I have, are far more likely to be compatible.
See how this actually works in real life?

The flip side is
I have been in long term relationships with fashionistas, it works as long as they dont expect that to also be my interest,and if they don't mind that  I'm not going change wardrobe in some weird  founding of a relationship.  I dont expect them to take up motocross or desert racing either, so ....lol

You know that poor folk marry every day, so do wealthy folk,  fashionistas,  adventurers,  and trash collectors.
Pray tell how ,if it takes all this manuavering, props, proper fashion down to what jacket ?
Ugh , thats draining and boring.

I'm not saying dont tidy up, I am saying be true to yourself.
Its the  way you'll find someone compatible, .in fact it's the best way to do so.

You are over thinking it.

You only need to find one.

Part of sorting out is natural selection, for every women who would be disappointed you did not dress better (given a bloke already dresses within the realm of normal)
There would be at least one woman that found your confidence in not caring deeply about the subject , or what others thought of your attire , attractive.

My opinion is you need to meet more, dwell on the details less.
  Someone may indeed love you for your passion for research and details, but you still need to keep meeting people(locally or wherever)  to run into that person.

Thanks Jumper I think you have solved my problem here :) I guess in a way I was getting near to it anyway. In recent years since I have started FSU dating I have updated my wardrobe a bit by bit and I think it works well for me doing it that way. I keep some of my older favourite clothes and get a few new clothes from mid range fashion brands I in the past wouldn't usually have bothered with.

The expensive clothes/top fashion brands I can't be bothered with its just really not me and  I think would make me feel phoney and unsure of who or what I am or am doing. I think trying to look stylish for not large sums of money is a reasonable way about this situation.

Since I've already got jackets I will go with a pre-existing one and see how it goes. I personally don't think a real expensive jacket is going to change matters for me in any positive way. Like you say it will help filter out the wrong girls by not going down that path and that will be a good thing. So I will keep any new  purchases including jackets to a moderate price to try for a good cut between decent clothes that look good (well hopefully!) whilst avoiding the wrong type of girls as that would just waste more of my time.

Many thanks for your help on this, I appreciate it :)

Offline Kunstkammer

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 11:08:13 AM »
your "Fransuska" finds us amusing (big eye roll)
really?
can you ask your ami for me which Parisian Pissoir is her "favorite", s'il vous plaît?
chic alors!

"Yermolov"? did you read the new biography, it says he was gay!!!

PS
please tell your French woman with hairy arm pits
that I have slept with more Ukrainian women than the two of you put together plus all your friends and relatives combined...
and that I find this fact entertaining as well!!!!!
merci, spossiba!!!!

PS II
hey malchik, if we're such "pridorki"
how come y'all copy every freakin thing we do, music, culture, technology, and EVERYTHING else
I don't think you had an original idea since the time you figured out how to put one little wooden doll inside another one

Lulz, dude I’m an American living in Russia for nearly 10 years, and she isn’t ‘my’ anything other than coworke, but she is Russian not French. Russians are allowed to teach languages too.
По всему Кавказу про нас слава ходит, наш дедушка, наш Ермолов на всех страх наводит.

Offline Kunstkammer

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2019, 11:11:33 AM »
Over a thread about a Jacket? ???

I'm telling you there have been far funnier and entertaining threads on here. Admittedly generally when a western guy meets a Russian girl, and yes I'm guessing that occasionally means me.

Take James and his recent meeting with a Ukrainian woman north of Kiev. No one including himself would have guessed how that one would have twisted around. Nothing on him just it happens quite a lot to many of us on here including myself.

Pretty much everyone was laughing at the deep process of thinking about what jacket to have for new profile photos on the internet. They found it ridiculous, my colleagues are mostly single Russian women between 25 and maybe 40. So think about that.

Online krimster2

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2019, 11:42:15 AM »
"Lulz, dude I’m an American living in Russia for nearly 10 years, and she isn’t ‘my’ anything other than coworke, but she is Russian not French. Russians are allowed to teach languages too. "

gozpedy
sorry for the bardak brat
wait, are you "Internet Research" like me? (see my sig? eta pravda!)
RU GRU 26165?  s'matree 27131 eta ya!!!
Москва to Texas VPN
shhh, don't tell anyone...
kak de la moy brat?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:18:43 PM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2019, 11:49:10 AM »
Over a thread about a Jacket? ???..

Absolutely!

Listen to what Kunstkammer and Jumper are telling you (I tried to tell you the same thing before my post got deleted. This likely will, too). You have got deeper problems if in your mind donning a jacket, or anything, for a picture enhances yourself to anyone.

Also, please, burn that silly blue jacket while you're at it. Frankly it's hideous...It's a myth to believe one has to spend a great deal of money 'to look good'.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:50:45 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2019, 01:17:32 PM »
Absolutely!

Listen to what Kunstkammer and Jumper are telling you (I tried to tell you the same thing before my post got deleted. This likely will, too). You have got deeper problems if in your mind donning a jacket, or anything, for a picture enhances yourself to anyone.

Also, please, burn that silly blue jacket while you're at it. Frankly it's hideous...It's a myth to believe one has to spend a great deal of money 'to look good'.

LMAO, well I've never been too sure on it. The girl I was with seemed to have a real problem with the colour 'black' - she didn't like the colour. I went to meet her in a black jacket, black chino's, black shoes, only my shirt I wore was not black. She had a problem with pretty much all of it, I thought I had dressed reasonable and smart, she didn't seem to think much of how I dressed. I rather like the colour black though in fairness to her it can probably be too much/dismal if you wear a lot of black. I think in general though she had a particular taste is fashion preferring the more colourful end. It was another area where we had issues with one another. I partly out of interest as to where she thought I was of tge mark and partly to try and come to terms with her on it decided to allow her to fish out some stuff to her taste for me. There were items that I took more to but the jacket I was never really sure off.

To be honest in reality it is probably a bit more brighter than in the pic and probably looks better in natural daylight and being worn. Even still it is an aquired taste I guess :-\

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »
Krim, would be interested to know what you think of the blue jacket? I know you said about wearing a  jacket of colour but I'm just wondering if I would be better of sticking it safe with a black jacket that may offend the few. What do you think?

Online krimster2

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »
it's Ukraine... so black is always the new black
blue maybe in the spring but it's a tougher color to match you have to have a light shirt go for a red tie for most contrast
black jeans, leather shoes

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 03:01:21 PM »
it's Ukraine... so black is always the new black
blue maybe in the spring but it's a tougher color to match you have to have a light shirt go for a red tie for most contrast
black jeans, leather shoes

Thanks Krim, well I've a few light shirts like a striped blue & white one, etc so it could go. I guess on a purely stand out basis so the girls spot you its not a bad idea. I personally don't hate the jacket I got, I think it looks better wearing it than on the rack. I think I'll shoot profile photos of me with both a black and a blue jacket and see what goes down best online and what seems to look good to me.

Online krimster2

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »
a capital idea!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2019, 03:31:16 PM »

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »
she didn't seem to think much of how I dressed.

And since you were dressed reasonably appropriately, and admit fashion isnt  a big interest of yours,

It just illustrates my point.
You could have,and should have, saved yourself a lot of time in Mrs not right *for you.

She expressed that she  dint like how you dressed,even though it was within the range of standard,  obviously it was quite an important point for her and not one for you. So you both should move on right  then and there.
Shell find a guy more into fashion, you'll find one less into its nuances.
No need either to be put off about it.

Dont sweat these kind of details, they help, not hinder you in finding long term compatibility .

And think about that, who would you really feel completely compatible with?

Not some fantasy girl, not physically, who as a person would you admire?
I mean truly admire.

Look for her, 
the rest us just white noise that gets in the way.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 07:34:42 AM »
And since you were dressed reasonably appropriately, and admit fashion isnt  a big interest of yours,

It just illustrates my point.
You could have,and should have, saved yourself a lot of time in Mrs not right *for you.

She expressed that she  dint like how you dressed,even though it was within the range of standard,  obviously it was quite an important point for her and not one for you. So you both should move on right  then and there.
Shell find a guy more into fashion, you'll find one less into its nuances.
No need either to be put off about it.

Dont sweat these kind of details, they help, not hinder you in finding long term compatibility .

And think about that, who would you really feel completely compatible with?

Not some fantasy girl, not physically, who as a person would you admire?
I mean truly admire.

Look for her, 
the rest us just white noise that gets in the way.

Thanks Jumper, your guiding me does help a lot :)

Yes I see now that we were not aligned enough nor ever likely to be. Its a shame as I think she was a nice girl apart from all the clothes buying stuff, lol but I now more sure that that was because of her very specific interest than any real attempt to make it a money making operation. She told me that she liked me and I think she was genuine in that though I think long term the relationship would have probably come under strain and struggled to work. It was a match that somewhat worked but was not really quite there. Like you say I should have walked away Iwas considering it in the first meeting week but in some ways we did get on and there was a degree of attraction there so I stuck it out when perhaps I shouldn't off. It was good experience anyway and I think time again and in future it will help me look at relationships with a more critical eye which should hopefully help in the future.

I know its come up a bit before as to what type of girl other than the physical.

I know I previously said theatre, music, performing arts girls are not really suitable for me and I stick to that, but bringing this point up again helps to hightlight an area I needed to think more on.

I think most girls with any intense interests are probably out as they can be difficult to keep up with if its full on all the time or be in alignment much with. The one exception might be architecture, buildings, sight seeing as its my area on specific interest although if a girl is too full on even that may get a bit heavy if she has little other intersts. I'm happy with girls that like a bit of clothes shopping for dresses, etc but ones which are not too rigid in there tastes or too full on with it. So I think girls who like hiking, general leisure activities, light amounts of sport, gardening, not too extreme intellectual interest, reasonable amounts watching TV, getting around/tourism, sightseeing, the odd restaurant, etc is fine with me. Basically as said anything that I don't find almoist inaccessible such as theatre and is not too much of an extreme part of her life. I'm quite happy to try most new things though stuff at height is not really a thing I would want to get with, boating, winter sports or offbeat stuff all fine.

I think the main thing is if I found a girl I like but had an extreeme interst in something would either be to decide if we could at all become aligned or call it a day. If she was mind set rigidly on her interst as the first girl I doubt it would work out. I could see it she could take to other activities to broaden her out a bit and if she didn't clash too much then maybe but like you say finding one that I don't clash with on her intersts is no doubt something to aim for. 

Offline DCcowboy

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »
Wow, sometimes I am amazed at how many responses a subject gets! I watch shows and get fashion ideas and up too know have not had a issue with profile pictures....... maybe I am just better looking than the average Joe....... But I don't think this is the issue. ......but my Russian Lady seems too have initially picked me being looks..... Recently asked her. So trench sorry to say maybe there are other issues going on buddy. Wheres the confidence of who you are?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
Wow, sometimes I am amazed at how many responses a subject gets! I watch shows and get fashion ideas and up too know have not had a issue with profile pictures....... maybe I am just better looking than the average Joe....... But I don't think this is the issue. ......but my Russian Lady seems too have initially picked me being looks..... Recently asked her. So trench sorry to say maybe there are other issues going on buddy. Wheres the confidence of who you are?

Confidence comes and goes depending upon my mood, mostly I have confidence there. Over the past few days I've not been feeling in the mood much, a bit washed out, but today I think it is coming back and I'm feeling more energetic and positive.

Well, I can get women message me, it kind of varies depending on site, picture, etc. In recent times I used to put up pics of me wearing glasses but no longer do (laser eye surgery) so need to take some more pics. I have some previous pics from where I have just taken glasses of for the pic to compare the difference. When I started on this venture I used to wear glasses that tinted over in the sunshine so they looked more like sun glasses. So that was on my profile pic and while it was a nice pic and got a fair few responses I think it may have kind of misled some girls into thinking they were sunglasses and that I didn't wear glasses.

Anyhow, thing is I now might as well make sure the clothing thing is appealing to a fair amount of women as I'm going to re-do main profile photo over time anyway. Its not really a question of getting a girl up but number. I'm wishing to do visit many this time around so want to put myself in the best light possible to get the number of girls up. One girl I have on hand already but need more and don't want to be unwittingly getting loads of no joy for the sake of bad photo's or whatever. I'm going to follow ML's strategy to try and get up a lot of girls to meet and of course on meeting it is good if the majority are not disappointed with my appearance I think.

I think with your situation DC it may be too early to read much into it as until you meet its just messaging and most get to manage to reach that stage in FSU dating even if they have to wait around a bit.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »
Ok, I've resurrected this thread as I've had a bit of thought of recent and this thread seemed the most obvious place to put it.

I'm coming around to thinking that I do perhaps wear too many colours that are too dark. I know Pat etc have helped by showing how a different style can help out and Krimster with more brighter colours.

Now I'm not saying my colour choice is bad per item but as a whole a wardrobe full of clothes all of the none bright spectrum is a bit lifeless perhaps. I'm coming to thinking there are times to wear certain shades of bright or darker clothes and times for a combination of both maybe. Also that done right and not over the top, that it need not horribly clash.

My thoughts have turned to viewing others in public. I've noticed that some others like myself err perhaps too much with all darker shades and the effect is not necessarily all that good. Of course there are some on the brighter side who over do it a bit and there can be quite a clash.

Looking back at some of the photos of me in the past, my choice of a black suit jacket may indeed not suit me that well. This is quite an upheaval in my mind I feel as for most of my life I think I have been quite stayed in sticking with the darker shades in feeling they are more refined and descrete, more class even. I still would maintain that bright colours need careful use so I'm not about to chuck out my darker shades but I think carefully choosing a few brighter shades, non blacks may be the way to go for me.

On that count the girl I met in Kiev may well have been right in terms of going for something other than blacks.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »
Ok, I've resurrected this thread as I've had a bit of thought of recent and this thread seemed the most obvious place to put it.

I'm coming around to thinking that I do perhaps wear too many colours that are too dark. I know Pat etc have helped by showing how a different style can help out and Krimster with more brighter colours.

Now I'm not saying my colour choice is bad per item but as a whole a wardrobe full of clothes all of the none bright spectrum is a bit lifeless perhaps. I'm coming to thinking there are times to wear certain shades of bright or darker clothes and times for a combination of both maybe. Also that done right and not over the top, that it need not horribly clash.

My thoughts have turned to viewing others in public. I've noticed that some others like myself err perhaps too much with all darker shades and the effect is not necessarily all that good. Of course there are some on the brighter side who over do it a bit and there can be quite a clash.

Looking back at some of the photos of me in the past, my choice of a black suit jacket may indeed not suit me that well. This is quite an upheaval in my mind I feel as for most of my life I think I have been quite stayed in sticking with the darker shades in feeling they are more refined and descrete, more class even. I still would maintain that bright colours need careful use so I'm not about to chuck out my darker shades but I think carefully choosing a few brighter shades, non blacks may be the way to go for me.

On that count the girl I met in Kiev may well have been right in terms of going for something other than blacks.

You mean much like putting red lipstick on a pig????
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1894
Total: 1905

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM