It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Reading through the following scenario, please cast your vote as to whether this is a scam (or not):

Yes, definitely a SCAM
10 (43.5%)
No, definitely NOT a scam
9 (39.1%)
Unsure, see post in-thread
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Scam - or NOT a Scam ?  (Read 54962 times)

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Scam - or NOT a Scam ?
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2010, 12:25:13 AM »
I'd take it step further and say IMO most of these guys would be better off forgetting the idea of finding a foreign bride, and most likely a portion of them should forget about a long term relationship, until doing a little soul searching and maybe a little house cleaning.

Sorry to anyone if it sounds a bit stern, but IMO needs to be said.

Hear! Hear!   :applaud:
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline tim 360

« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2010, 10:42:02 AM »
I'd take it step further and say IMO most of these guys would be better off forgetting the idea of finding a foreign bride, and most likely a portion of them should forget about a long term relationship, until doing a little soul searching and maybe a little house cleaning.

True words.   :applaud:
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

Gylden,

Looks like you are receiving a chorus of applause to your comment - mine included.   :applaud:

There is an 'old sage' over at PL going by the moniker of Hoda, whom we do not see much of anymore. If you take the time to look for his posts, and his avatar, you will see why. Hoda had a 'mantra' that earned him a TON of respect from most - and some grief from a few - but that mantra was; Most guys on this journey, before they ever get started, need to get a thorough check-up from the neck up. I'll add - and it better result in a clean 'bill of health'.

Good advice.

- Dan

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »
Gylden,

Looks like you are receiving a chorus of applause to your comment - mine included.   :applaud:

There is an 'old sage' over at PL going by the moniker of Hoda, whom we do not see much of anymore. If you take the time to look for his posts, and his avatar, you will see why. Hoda had a 'mantra' that earned him a TON of respect from most - and some grief from a few - but that mantra was; Most guys on this journey, before they ever get started, need to get a thorough check-up from the neck up. I'll add - and it better result in a clean 'bill of health'.

Good advice.

- Dan
Dan, although I've had a number of nutcases contact me to help them look for an FSU wife (obviously I have always turned them down) I find that the vast majority of WM who get scammed/taken advantage of, being nice, decent men who are just too trusting and maybe a bit inexperienced. They tend to judge the world and people according to their own values, and since they usually are honest and sincere they expect the FSU girls they correspond with to be the same which as we all know is not always the case. Many of these men are very bright, professional, good hearted individuals who really do deserve to have a happy family of their own. All they need is a little guidance to help them navigate these treacherous waters to stay away from scam and women with ulterior motives, and once they meet and connect with a good, sincere woman things seem to work out fine for both of them majority of the time.
realrussianmatch.com

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541400
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2718