It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My wife is amazing...  (Read 33089 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: My wife is amazing...
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
I'd recommend him moving out of the FSU, not because of the guy hitting on his wife but for the reason to give his family/kids the best chance for success is to leave the FSU. I've never believed people can succeed there as easy as they could succeed in a Western nation.

Sighs,

Many kids grow up quite happily, there and moving from what is familiar is painful.  They might not thank him, initially

You most defo CAN succeed there  - live well - if you don't  poke a corrupt official / biziniz man

Deccie has had his fair share of crap and it is is for him / his wife to decide what is best for his family - despite our opposing views.

Mine are based on living there .. yours ?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »

Many kids grow up quite happily, there and moving from what is familiar is painful. 

So you say the FSU is a great place to live for most people but you recommend everybody who has a bad experience like Deccie to move. Most people in the FSU will have at least one very bad experience living there.

Mine are based on living there .. yours ?

Much of your advice to Deccie is not based off your experience but based off your fears. You made it clear you'd run if a man with money were to hit on your wife.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2018, 03:10:08 PM »
So you say the FSU is a great place to live for most people but you recommend everybody who has a bad experience like Deccie to move. Most people in the FSU will have at least one very bad experience living there.

BillyB - please learn to READ and THINK - before responding - as you  appear dafter than one gives you a little credit ftr ..

Indeed, one can live a great life in Russia  - if you don't rely on one's income being derived FROM there. 

Much of your advice to Deccie is not based off your experience but based off your fears.

You don't have a CLUE about my experiences in Russia - that is clear .. !  My 'fear' is that Deccie would listen to your 'advice' - bearing in mind you haven't taken on board the opinion of those who DO still go to the FSU / live there

You made it clear you'd run if a man with money were to hit on your wife.

I made it clear that I'd leave / move away - in his position . .. as they have kids and you cannot understand that he can be convicted for something he didn't do - if lover boy has the police in his pocket - he can be moved off the board.

Once again, this isn't the west.

I advise based on the very experience you suggest I don't have..doing what you think I wouldn't ... I've been arrested and spent the night in the cells, for allegedly causing 'Actual Bodily Harm' - when a guy tried to stop me seeing my kids and I had a Family Court contact order for that weekend - I just let him have the first swing and he broke his nose on the top of my head..   

Whilst it was satisfying for a few seconds - I spend a lot of time flying from Cyprus to the UK for 2 x  Magistrates Court hearings and then a trial by jury at a Crown Court...

Of course, I was found unanimously not guilty ... but I didn't see my kids for six months - so it was a pyrrhic victory.. 

Because of such experiences I feel WELL able to advise Deccie to turn the other cheek - as he cannot expect justice in Russia when up against someone who can fight dirtier.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »

Russian Wife : Honey, today at work a big customer of the company touched me inappropriately and I crushed his balls.

Moby/JayH : Sweetheart, you know I've lived in the FSU for a few years which makes me an expert on how things work here. Why did you risk the lives of me and your children by hurting that man? You know every time one of your friends is sexually harassed by the boss or a big time customer, I recommend they move to another Oblast. That is what Russians do everyday for their safety. That is the reasonable thing to do. If you care about my safety, lets do it.

Russian Wife : Are you stupid? I've lived here all my life and understand how things work better than you and if I thought the man was dangerous to my family, I wouldn't have physically hurt him. He's a business man who feels entitled, not mafia.

Moby/JayH : Arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Why did you kick me in the balls?????????????

Russian Wife : I didn't kick you in the balls because you don't have any.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
BillyB the 'alpha  male'   :ROFL:

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »
"He's a business man who feels entitled, not mafia."

mafia and business are the same thing!!!

a similar thing actually happened to me in Sevastopol
a guy who just happened to be the Crimean minister of interior who is in charge of privitizing land sales
gets drunk and grabs my wife's ass at a social event
I went completely ballistic, I didn't want to hit him he was old and out of shape
but I put myself 12 inches from his face and called him a pig for touching a woman so disrespectfully
everyone was in shock, including my wife, at MY BEHAVIOR!
I could hear the Russians around me whispering...
"ahhh, he's Americanski, they're worse than Georgians when it comes to women..."
needless to say, I never made any deals with him
which turns out to have been a good thing

moral of this story tovarish
when in Russia, leave your American glasses at home
you won't like what you see...
wear Russian glasses when in Russia
but be sure to take them off when you come home

a good captain
always makes the journey
as smooth as he can make it
avoid the choppy waters

Offline BillyB

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
mafia and business are the same thing!!!

a similar thing actually happened to me in Sevastopol
a guy who just happened to be the Crimean minister of interior who is in charge of privitizing land sales
gets drunk and grabs my wife's ass at a social event

Politicians and mafia same thing too? Mafia wants to control everybody but they aren't everybody.

We have "experts" here telling Deccie to pack up his bags, his family, and move far far away. That is easy to say because it's not their lives being disturbed. These same "experts" say Russia's a wonderful place to live.

Deccie should offer to help his wife. His wife, not the "Experts" here can decide if his help is productive or dangerous. If dangerous, she can say "thanks but no thanks". If she feels it would be productive, she can invite the businessman to meet her and Deccie at a restaurant to have a mature talk. The businessman can accept or refuse. If he accepts, he may respect Deccie and his wife and his pursuit of Deccie's wife stops.

If Deccie offers his wife no assistance, that could be more harmful to their marriage than the guy harassing her.

Online krimster2

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 09:05:40 AM »
"Politicians and mafia same thing too?"

of course!!!

Online krimster2

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2018, 09:13:24 AM »
i'm just making a suggestion
that your perception is cultural
and when you're living in another culture...
I believe that if you'll check page 17 of the manual
it sez, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"
did you think that only applied to Italy?

by the sound of it, his wife has the situation under control
and no display of manhood is necessary

seriously, don't make waves
ain't nobody got time for that

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
"when in Rome, do as the Romans do"

That's why I said Deccie should talk to his wife about a meeting. She's the expert of the local culture and what is currently going on. Packing up your bags and leaving over an incident like this is not what Deccie's wife is recommending at this time. Deccie should at least make an offer of his services to make his wife's life more comfortable.

Online krimster2

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2018, 09:57:00 AM »
if I were deccie
I'd go to the local butcher
and right after they butcher a pig
I'd ask for the testicles
and put them in a mason jar of vodka
then go to the guy harassing his wife
and apologize for not meeting earlier
but there was another guy harassing his wife
and pull out the mason jar and show him
and say, you're finished with that guy now
and that tomorrow you'll deal with him
and set the jar down and walk out

Offline BillyB

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »

What if the businessman is an expert on pig balls and calls Deccie's bluff? Why don't Deccie walk into the guy's office and drive an axe into his skull? No need to bluff who's tougher and crazier. Deccie will be the new Alpha male in town and be well respected.

Online krimster2

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2018, 12:15:07 PM »
“What if the businessman is an expert on pig balls and calls Deccie's bluff? “

depends on the size of the pig, they look the same as human, just get the right size
seriously, even a doctor wouldn’t visually be able to tell a bloodied pig testicle from a human one
i’ve held them in my hand (you’ll have to guess which kind...)

the ax approach will have consequences
the pay-off required for such behavior might be more than you can afford
especially if he was in a “group” then multiple pay-offs
does it sound like it’s really worth suitcases full of $$$ to you

i learned never to bluff russians, ever
you avoid issues
not try to bluff your way out, that will fail in 2 seconds
russians don’t give a f%%% about your bluff, they will immediately call it

if you’re going to live over there
you make it a habit to NOT to get in conflicts over there PERIOD
because it’s just NOT WORTH THE PRICE
and anybody over there can totally screw you with almost no effort

100 times easier to play defensively than offensively in Russia

Offline msmob

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2018, 02:40:14 PM »
Politicians and mafia same thing too? Mafia wants to control everybody but they aren't everybody.

We have "experts" here telling Deccie to pack up his bags, his family, and move far far away. That is easy to say because it's not their lives being disturbed. These same "experts" say Russia's a wonderful place to live.

It is - given the situation I quoted - once again - try READING ...   

Deccie doesn't need to be a 'hero' ...  only an IDIOT would apply your 'logic' to his circumstances....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2018, 03:03:18 PM »
only an IDIOT would apply your 'logic' to his circumstances....

I'm sure cowards called men who signed up for the military during war idiots too. It's apparent there's nothing important in your life worth fighting for. I'm not even recommending Deccie fight anybody but it seems you think running away is always the smart answer. If every man in your country thinks like you, you wouldn't have a country.

Offline JayH

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »

i learned never to bluff russians, ever
you avoid issues
not try to bluff your way out, that will fail in 2 seconds
russians don’t give a f%%% about your bluff, they will immediately call it

Exactly correct  .

Silly Billy1 is a an undersized pipsqueak who thinks because he can wave his gun around his world that it impresses people -- about as stupid as it gets.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online krimster2

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2018, 04:21:53 PM »
"I'm sure cowards called men who signed up for the military during war idiots too. It's apparent there's nothing important in your life worth fighting for. "

if you go there with that attitude, that's pretty much all you will do there is get into "beefs" with people
what you don't understand is the consequences if it gets out of control will cost you "bolshoi dollar"

in 2006, I was quoted by a major in the Sevastopol PD that $10,000 was "walking away" money for them, if the person you killed was a total nobody and no witnesses
but that's just police
you also have to pay the local prosecutor, the local judge who would have jurisdiction and the local SBU chief the same amount
for a nobody

otherwise you go to jail and they steal everything you own, take your choice

if you kill someone important the amount could be in the hundreds of thousands or more

plus if you are really smart, you pay $20,000 to local criminal gang to take the fall with planted evidence

for $100 anyone can go and bribe a police officer and get all you bank account and property info on anyone
making an enemy there is no joke

many people have security

I had security sometimes

Offline BillyB

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2018, 05:09:09 PM »
"I'm sure cowards called men who signed up for the military during war idiots too. It's apparent there's nothing important in your life worth fighting for. "

if you go there with that attitude, that's pretty much all you will do there is get into "beefs" with people
what you don't understand is the consequences if it gets out of control will cost you "bolshoi dollar"

That "attitude" help people in Ukraine get rid of their mafia president and do police reform.

Exactly correct  .

Silly Billy1 is a an undersized pipsqueak who thinks because he can wave his gun around his world that it impresses people -- about as stupid as it gets.

Jay, you and Moby insult people here more than any other. Nice to be safe behind a computer monitor. In the FSU there are people who get ran over and there are people who do the running over. If a guy like Trench smashed your face in after walking past him at the park, I suspect you'd run like Moby.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »
Ukraine never got rid of their mafia presidents.  They just replaced one set of crooks with another.

Currently, the "new and improved" police are again shaking down citizens, even more insolently than in the past.  To add insult to injury, in the "reformation"of many police forces, the most experienced officers and detectives were terminated, replaced wituh idiots with no police training.  So, in one police force, every experienced drug enforcement detective was let go, and the new head of the unit is a psychopathic schizophrenic whose psychiatrist called a reporter, so concerned he was about this individual having that power.  The end result was the psychopath's brother showed up at the psychiatrist's home, threatening both him and his family if he didn't shut up.  The psycho is still head of a police unit.

On a different note, the stories of some of the guys who decided to stay and fight.  It ended so well for them - in gulags, or sent to the far reaches of Siberia, where thousands froze to death-

http://www.persee.fr/doc/cmr_1252-6576_1997_num_38_1_2486

Here's a whole book, mostly of photos, of people who decided they'd rather fight than keep their heads down.  Spectacular results!

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B000ZZKM3A/ref=acr_dpproductdetail_text?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The description of the book is not completely accurate.  Not every photos depicts someone in a camp.  Some are civilians who never made it to a camp.

Now, the descendants of those who had no compunction in carrying out such atrocities continue to do so with impunity, albeit sans gulags. A few years ago, a couple of Party of Regions politicians were arrested for hunting humans for sport.  How often do you hear of that in the West?  Their sentences were fairly low. 

I remember one of the UW posters posted a video of a prominent politician's son smashing a bottle over the head of a girl in Lugansk, as she spurned his advances.  As it was caught on video, he did go on trial, due to general outrage.  But what is less well known is that he spent virtually no time in custody, thanks to his connections.

This is the reality of messing with the wrong people in Ukraine. I doubt Russia is much different.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:39:51 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
deccie my wife and I read your thread and discussed it. I lived in Moscow for 6 years and my wife is a native of Moscow. Take our advice or leave it.
Don't know where you live if we missed it in reading your thread sorry. My wife had some admirers in Moscow when we lived them. They were merely men who liked very tall young beautiful women. They were no problem for her to take care of on her own.

If as you say this admirer of your wife is the richest man in town and your town is a small town in the middle of nowhere you and your wife may be able to handle it yourselves. However if your town is a city and the admirer is not just the richest man in the city but the richest man in the region/oblast it's unlikely you can handle it yourselves. In fact it's doubtful your wife knows how much trouble she's in.

First bit of advice, our apologies if this has already been mentioned. Find out everything you can on this man. Google him. Discreetly ask around. If you have friends who offer to help get them to do the same but do it discreetly.

Again if this man is the richest man in the area it's likely he not only has contacts in the city's and region's police forces, it's like he controls or has access to some paramilitary groups in the area. In some parts of Russia these paramilitary groups have semi-official status and at times assist the area's police and military groups. It's also likely that as the richest man in the oblast he has some influence or can get some help from Moscow.

Make no mistake and tell your wife this, if this man is that rich and important she could disappear one day and never be found or worse. Women disappear all the time in Russia. Look it up.

It's also possible if he has significant influence in the region he is the reason you have tax problems and this is being used to keep you in the area.

If this man is serious about having your wife the idea that the 3 of you can sit down and have a rational discussion is foolish. If anything this will only encourage his delusion even more. Our advice is if at all possible leave not just the area but the country. Go back to Australia but at a minimum get out of Russia.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »
Currently, the "new and improved" police are again shaking down citizens, even more insolently than in the past.  To add insult to injury, in the "reformation"of many police forces, the most experienced officers and detectives were terminated, replaced wituh idiots with no police training. 

Everybody I talked to who lives in Ukraine told me the police are better. So far nobody told me they are going back to their old ways. Idiots? The new cops are trained by Western nation's police forces. Just like we sent our military over there to train their soldiers, we sent our police too.

Go back to Australia but at a minimum get out of Russia.

I've always said a man should put his family in a good environment and give his kids the best chance to succeed by living in a Western nation but I got experts and expats here telling me what a wonderful place the FSU is. After you read enough of their posts about the problems and misery there and add it all up, you wonder how they can say it's a wonderful place.

Deccie said he and his wife dealt with a man like that before and the guy ended up losing his career. The wife crushed the current guy's balls and got away with it but people talk to Deccie as if he and his wife doesn't understand what they are getting into and the guy is mafia. Maybe he and his wife have a better idea who they're dealing with than we?

Deccie's wife is on the blocked travel list yet people continue to advise him to run. Deccie also said doing nothing isn't an option and a meeting with the guy can't happen until he gets back into town.

I'm glad Deccie started this thread because it gives us insight of the kind of posters we have here. Although Deccie said leaving and doing nothing aren't options, the advice some people continue to give is leaving or doing nothing. They offer zero advice to help a woman.  Deccie needs a solution to get his wife a life free of harassment and Deccie should offer his assistance to his wife and if his wife feels a meeting is a first step to a solution, Deccie should go and not worry about his own skin. Obviously we have men here more worried about their own skin than the welfare of their wife. Leaving town is not an option. Doing nothing allows things to escalate and put Deccie's wife in danger. Is there any MEN here that can offer advice to help Deccie's wife that doesn't include running away or doing nothing?

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »
I got experts and expats here telling me what a wonderful place the FSU is.

I had no problems living in Moscow. However, I spent much of my childhood and adult life living abroad so for me it was nothing new. However, if I had a choice between living in Moscow or NYC I'd choose NYC every time. If I had a choice between living in Moscow and London I'd choose London every time. I actively avoided trouble in Moscow whereas living in NYC I know the rules much better and wouldn't necessarily avoid legal troubles like I did in Moscow.

Deccie said he and his wife dealt with a man like that before and the guy ended up losing his career. The wife crushed the current guy's balls and got away with it but people talk to Deccie as if he and his wife doesn't understand what they are getting into and the guy is mafia. Maybe he and his wife have a better idea who they're dealing with than we?

Maybe Deccie and his wife understand the problem better than us maybe not. We're still missing lots of information. Such as where exactly does he live? As I said it makes a difference. If the admirer is simply some rich guy in a small town in the middle of nowhere Russia he might not be much of a problem. If he's a rich guy in a large city such as, for example Tver and he's the richest man in the region, he's a much much bigger problem. If he really did offer her a villa in a foreign country then he's more than likely the latter. These type of guys own the local police. Have their own corp of bodyguards and might have their own paramilitary unit. They're dangerous beyond what most of us in the west can understand.

Deccie's wife is on the blocked travel list yet people continue to advise him to run.

Why is she on the blocked travel list? Because of the tax problem? Something else? As I said if he has enough local influence her being on the blocked travel list may be his way of keeping her in town.

Deccie also said doing nothing isn't an option and a meeting with the guy can't happen until he gets back into town.

Someone mentioned meeting the admirer in a neutral location. What would a neutral location be? A restaurant or bar or store? If he's rich and owns local businesses or his friends own local businesses how would Deccie and his wife know which places are neutral?

I'm glad Deccie started this thread because it gives us insight of the kind of posters we have here. Although Deccie said leaving and doing nothing aren't options, the advice some people continue to give is leaving or doing nothing. They offer zero advice to help a woman.  Deccie needs a solution to get his wife a life free of harassment and Deccie should offer his assistance to his wife and if his wife feels a meeting is a first step to a solution, Deccie should go and not worry about his own skin. Obviously we have men here more worried about their own skin than the welfare of their wife. Leaving town is not an option. Doing nothing allows things to escalate and put Deccie's wife in danger. Is there any MEN here that can offer advice to help Deccie's wife that doesn't include running away or doing nothing?

BillyB say they meet this guy in what they think is a neutral location. They talk for a while and then a couple of the man's bodyguards come in and grab Deccie's wife by her arms and take her out of the building. She struggles but the men are strong and ex military.

Deccie objects. A couple of other men slap Deccie around until he's unconscious. Deccie wakes up. His wife's gone. All the men are gone. Deccie goes home. His wife's not there. Deccie reports this to the police. The admirer owns the police. The police do nothing. Deccie protests. Then witnesses come forward and say they saw Deccie arguing with his wife and say Deccie dragged his wife away. Can you guess what the police are going to do next?

If this guy is rich and important running may be the only answer. If he can afford to gift her a foreign villa he is likely very very dangerous and running may be their best bet even if it's simply to another part of Russia.

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2018, 08:15:14 PM »
I have several experiences in my life that have taught me not to confront people you don't know or know who their friends and associates are. Confrontation is always the last option.

I boxed at an amateur level for several years and thought I could hold my own in most situations, but after moving to the city, I soon realised how wrong I was.

I started an apprenticeship in the engineering / metal working trade, which has many members of "motor cycle enthusiasts" groups, in it's ranks. On my first day another qualified older guy was also starting and he took me under his wing. We become good friends, but what I didn't know is he also had a side business. He and his friend, ( a massive guy who had used steroids for most of his life ) were stand over / debt collector men for a well know criminal  organisation.

When I was 22 I discovered my ex and my best friend since school, were  having an affair. It was obvious at work that something was wrong with me and I confided in my friend. He said " don't worry, I have your back" two weeks later I found out my ex best friend was in hospital and shortly after he left our state. I learnt later that my work friend had given him a beating and the day he left hospital he was escorted to the border. He was so scared he spent the next 4-5 years living on a small island off the coast of Queensland.

Some time later I had worked my way up to an afternoon shift supervisor. I was supervising 3 affiliates of the same organisation (not my work friend, he had moved on to another job and we eventually lost touch ) when a new guy started. He was a gun smith. He run cnc machines and in between loading jobs he was repairing and making guns, unbeknown to my boss. I made it clear I wasnt happy with the  situation and the next night  2 strangers arrived and I was told in no uncertain terms what would happen to me if I didn't turn a blind eye. I had a young family and needed the job, so I followed their instructions.

One night there was a football game between our two local clubs and the gun smith invited me to his house nearby to watch the game during our break. When I arrived there were many members of the group there and a fight broke out between two mates over the football game. One was a full member and the other was a nom.  The nom was knocked out cold and then kicked in the head until other's stepped in. Another night at their local pub, I witnessed one member beat a total stranger unconscious over some bread that was eaten at the bar. It was an eye opening experience..... If they will do this to their own and others over a simple disagreement, I can only I imagine what they would do to someone they had a real issue with.

I left the job shortly after and decided to start a small engineering business at home, to keep an eye on my wayward wife and spend more time with my kids. I was handballed a customer from a business I supplied parts for. Supposedly he wanted one of my engine bay dress up kits and the business didn't have time to deal with him ( this was a lie, they were scared to deal with him). The first red flag was he could only meet me at a predetermined time as he wore a tracking collar on his leg. I did the work for him and was never paid the $500 he owed. When I called and fired up at him, he threatened me, and my family. He said it might not happen tomorrow, but I'll always have to watch my back.

I started to be concerned and I called the business that was dynoing his car. I was told that he is was an associate of another motorcycle group, extremely violent and has just  been released from jail for extortion, money laundering and manslaughter. It was suggested that I sincerely apologize and offer to forget about the money owed, which I did. He eventually paid me and ordered a kit for his friend, which I was never paid for. Several years later I found out he had been killed in an "accident" in NSW. Again this was another example of a small argument and how far these people will take it...... threats to murder my family.

Three years ago my wife was up to her old tricks and I kicked her out of my  house. I'd caught her having yet another affair. She's married to the guy now and oh boy he's in for a life of misery. 4 months later I received a call from a familiar voice who said one thing and then hung up "I have your back, I'll sort it!!".... I had lost touch of my work friend 10 years earlier, but he still felt obligated to help me yet again. I frantically called him back and told him not to worry as I was happy and in fact this guy had done me a big favour by taking her off my hands. We have become good friends again over a the last few years. He's out of the business now and is living a quiet life, but still has contacts. The stories he's told me of his younger years are insane. If he didn't incriminate himself, it would be a best seller for sure.

So the moral of this short novel is, you never know who you are dealing with and as much as we all think we are tough Alfa males, really we would be a blubbering mess when confronted with the men I've seen first hand involved in organised crime. I can imagine the contacts that some business men have in Russia are on a far scarier level than I've experienced here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:46:07 PM by Davo2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »
Maybe Deccie and his wife understand the problem better than us maybe not. We're still missing lots of information.

We are missing a lot of information but we need to deal with the information Deccie gives us. His wife crushed the guy's balls and she wasn't physically harmed. Deccie feels they successfully dealt with a guy like that in the past and Deccie has considered meeting the new violator even after reading posters concerns. Deccie and his wife feels dealing with this guy won't end up in a worst case scenario.

Why is she on the blocked travel list? Because of the tax problem? Something else? As I said if he has enough local influence her being on the blocked travel list may be his way of keeping her in town.

They say they don't owe taxes but the government says they do so Deccie and wife are fighting it and until it's settled, she's blocked from travelling. Earlier I mentioned the guy may be involved in creating this problem for Deccie and his wife but Deccie is sure the guy came into their lives well after the tax problem did.

BillyB say they meet this guy in what they think is a neutral location. They talk for a while and then a couple of the man's bodyguards come in and grab Deccie's wife by her arms and take her out of the building. She struggles but the men are strong and ex military.

Deccie objects. A couple of other men slap Deccie around until he's unconscious. Deccie wakes up. His wife's gone. All the men are gone. Deccie goes home. His wife's not there. Deccie reports this to the police. The admirer owns the police. The police do nothing. Deccie protests. Then witnesses come forward and say they saw Deccie arguing with his wife and say Deccie dragged his wife away. Can you guess what the police are going to do next?

That can happen but that is an extremely rare event, even in Russia. What is a common event after a meeting is everybody goes home alive and unhurt.

Leaving the country is not an option. Deccie and his wife tried doing nothing but nothing hasn't worked since things have escalated. Doing nothing has now become more dangerous than doing something.

Every man here should put themselves in Deccie's shoes. They should think what can they do to help their wife if she is harassed relentlessly. If their wives asked to have a meeting in a restaurant or her workplace in a conference room with the guy, they shouldn't hesitate to do what their wives want. Whatever a husband and wife decides together to solve the problem and regardless of the outcome, they shouldn't live with regrets.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2018, 09:07:44 PM »
What would you do Billy?

Edit - found it.

I posted some advice if you were living in Russia but someone must've been so bad it got moved to the junk pile. I'll try again. Your wife should invite the guy to meet you in a neutral location. Be polite, let him know you appreciate him thinking his wife is a worth catching and that is why you married her and you both let him know your marriage is solid and for life.

So, somewhere like the desert at 2 am you mean? A "Troy Kell"? Would work if he was alone I guess.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:41:05 PM by alex330 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1972
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM