It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Whatever happened to?  (Read 25355 times)

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Whatever happened to?
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »
I have not seen Doug Salem post anywhere since the debacle at RWG. Whatever happened to him? I have noticed Donna Pedro and some others are also MIA.

Offline PeeWee

Re: Whatever happened to?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:45:54 PM »
I have not seen Doug Salem post anywhere since the debacle at RWG. Whatever happened to him? I have noticed Donna Pedro and some others are also MIA.

Was Doug not connect with the "Ask Olga" forum? I still get email questions sent to me from "Ask Olga".  The other guy was Shawn Ness? A fellow from 3 or 4 years ago who had one devil of a time with an RW. I had heard that he returned to
Russia and found another bride. I was happy to hear that.

Winston Wu who made himself somewhat infamous when he returned from Russia with photos of he and his RW in bed, among other things. Last I saw of him he was selling DVDs of his Russian Sex-capades on Ebay.

Where are they now?

Peewee

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:28:38 PM »
Ask Olga and Friends is Doug's wifes forum.

Shane Neff (I think that is who you meant) is (or was) over on WooWeasle (spelling?) list bashing Winston Wu and Brad Sharp. He spent quite a while as a Mod on the RW-X and RW-X2 before some difference of opinion with the owner of the list. Winston makes an appearance oon WooWeasle now and then. I was sent an invitation to this site about a year ago and checked it out for a month but it is all pretty negative stuff (some of Shane's posts were quite funny though).

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 04:18:29 PM »
Ask Olga and Friends is Doug's wifes forum.

Shane Neff (I think that is who you meant) is (or was) over on WooWeasle (spelling?) list bashing Winston Wu and Brad Sharp. He spent quite a while as a Mod on the RW-X and RW-X2 before some difference of opinion with the owner of the list. Winston makes an appearance oon WooWeasle now and then. I was sent an invitation to this site about a year ago and checked it out for a month but it is all pretty negative stuff (some of Shane's posts were quite funny though).

Ken

I recall Brad Sharp. Yeah...Shane Neff. I knew it was something like Shawn Neff or Elliott Neff...or something like that.  Shane it is.

Peewee

Offline Bruce

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 09:24:06 AM »
Doug Salem had a tiff a long time ago on this board and decided he would not post here.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:27:40 PM »
Doug Salem had a tiff a long time ago on this board and decided he would not post here.

His undies in a bunch, you say? I get tiffed here from time to time but it does not seem to stop me from posting. If I recall Doug was always barking with someone about something no matter which forum he posted on.

Peewee

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »
PeeWee.. maybe you remember from military days.. what was that when someone pulled your underwear up from the back, ripping them off you?  was it 'a wedgie'?  ???

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 04:29:26 PM »
PeeWee.. maybe you remember from military days.. what was that when someone pulled your underwear up from the back, ripping them off you?  was it 'a wedgie'?  ???

A Melvin is when you grab the back of his shorts and haul them up his back. It becomes an Atomic Melvin if you can succeed in getting the elastic band up and over his head.

A Melvin is bestowed on those guys that you kind of like. A "Blanket Party" is resevered for the guys who flat just don't fit the mould. Feature this. A dark room, barracks, the unknowing suspect enters, someone throws a blanket over him so that he cannot identify who it is that is about the beat the crap out of him. Next several lads, who have carefully wrapped a bar of soap into their shower towel, proceed to flog the hepless dweeb. It is all very barbaric in nature but in a way quite necessary because the guy who has received this honor never mucks it up again. I've seen worse. Sometimes what happens is flat out creative genius.

We used to have to go up 30 to 90 feet on tree to do what it was that we had to do. In train we would spend the day going up and down up and down as fast as we could. A "burnout" was when you slipped near the top. You were taught to push away from the trunk and fall to the ground. The option was to hug the trunk and in so doing you gained an arm load of wood slivers from top to bottom and then you went to the hospital. What was down right mean was the blanket party guys would get exlax slipped into their morning chow. Just about the time the Exlax kicked in he would be at the top of the tree. There were not bathrooms out there either. Just man, the tree, and some sage bursh for toilet paper. So a Melvin is a good thing, even if it is of the atomic variety.

Are  you now sorry that you asked, BC? Come on. There has to be some guys out there who are ex-military. You know what I am talking about.

peewee

Offline corp

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 09:44:26 PM »
A Melvin is when you grab the back of his shorts and haul them up his back. It becomes an Atomic Melvin if you can succeed in getting the elastic band up and over his head.

A Melvin is bestowed on those guys that you kind of like. A "Blanket Party" is resevered for the guys who flat just don't fit the mould. Feature this. A dark room, barracks, the unknowing suspect enters, someone throws a blanket over him so that he cannot identify who it is that is about the beat the crap out of him. Next several lads, who have carefully wrapped a bar of soap into their shower towel, proceed to flog the hepless dweeb. It is all very barbaric in nature but in a way quite necessary because the guy who has received this honor never mucks it up again. I've seen worse. Sometimes what happens is flat out creative genius.

We used to have to go up 30 to 90 feet on tree to do what it was that we had to do. In train we would spend the day going up and down up and down as fast as we could. A "burnout" was when you slipped near the top. You were taught to push away from the trunk and fall to the ground. The option was to hug the trunk and in so doing you gained an arm load of wood slivers from top to bottom and then you went to the hospital. What was down right mean was the blanket party guys would get exlax slipped into their morning chow. Just about the time the Exlax kicked in he would be at the top of the tree. There were not bathrooms out there either. Just man, the tree, and some sage bursh for toilet paper. So a Melvin is a good thing, even if it is of the atomic variety.

Are  you now sorry that you asked, BC? Come on. There has to be some guys out there who are ex-military. You know what I am talking about.

peewee

Thanks Pee Wee, I needed that little flash back.
Havn't had fun like that in a while.

The only part you left out was the lone responsible voice saying.....
"okay, okay, don't break his glasses".
 ;D

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 12:06:50 AM »
Thanks Pee Wee, I needed that little flash back.
Havn't had fun like that in a while.

The only part you left out was the lone responsible voice saying.....
"okay, okay, don't break his glasses".
 ;D

LOL!! Yeah, right, Corp. To spend anytime in the military will have a tendency to twist one's mind a tad. You take the good with bad and the funny with the sad.

Peewee

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »

Salem lives, Clyde. I got an email today. He was looking for someone to meet Olga's parents at JFK to help them transit to their flight to California. So the lad is still alive and kicking. I have his email address if you want it, Clyde.

Peewee

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 05:51:17 AM »
http://forum.fiance.com/forum2.asp?Main=ShowTopic&topicid=1302

Every time I do a Google search it leads me here.

Offline jb

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »
I don't know how many guys remember him, but I just had a two hour conversation with CaptB.

He's doing well.   He and his lovely wife bought a new house last year, and relocated his business to a more profitable area.  She got her school records evaluated and is now shown to hold two masters degrees, and has since sat for the teachers credentials exams for the State of Michigan.  He says she did outstanding on all three exams.   Of course, I was sure she would do well, she's one of the sweetest and smartest gals to ever come across the pond.

As we talked, I remembered this thread and asked if he'd heard from Bean recently, he said he had not talked with him in about 6 or 7 months, so the Dutchman has sort of fallen off the radar.  Too bad, I always enjoyed his rants.

For what it's worth.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 04:18:07 PM »
As we talked, I remembered this thread and asked if he'd heard from Bean recently, he said he had not talked with him in about 6 or 7 months, so the Dutchman has sort of fallen off the radar.  Too bad, I always enjoyed his rants.

For what it's worth.

Falling off the radar is usual for most crash-n-burns. It's like how a man during a divorce finds that his couples friends have drifted off. The wives are not too keen on having their husbands associate with the divorced man. Then people drop hints that you are stupid failure and deserved what you got while they are marital geniuses. Then there is allot written here that is a painful reminder of the dream gone bad. When people post about the cute things their wives say how can a crash-n-burn contribute to that? They know they can't.

Maxx

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 04:24:55 PM »
Falling off the radar is usual for most crash-n-burns. It's like how a man during a divorce finds that his couples friends have drifted off. The wives are not too keen on having their husbands associate with the divorced man. Then people drop hints that you are stupid failure and deserved what you got while they are marital geniuses. Then there is allot written here that is a painful reminder of the dream gone bad. When people post about the cute things their wives say how can a crash-n-burn contribute to that? They know they can't.

Maxx

Everyone has their own value to the whole, Maxx. I think that if I were to crash and burn that I would not have the heart to spend my time posting an analytical account of it. Shane Neff did. Doug has. That stuff is valuable reading. I would never consider any man who dared to try but utlimately failed to be a "stupid faliure".  I call him a war hero and in this case a decorated vetern of a foriegn war (VFW). Three people types. Those that make things happen. Those that watch things happen. Those that wonder what happened. From what I have read you are one of the make things happen guys. At some point you may of wondered what happened but only for a moment.

Peewee
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 04:27:34 PM by PeeWee »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 06:51:04 PM »
Sorry Folks, but here I go again....

Thanks Pee Wee. I have told various men that a well planned exit (divorce) of a marriage to a RW is similar to the first 25 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan". One guy I talked with last week got woken by a phone call from the police. They asked him to step outside. When he did he had 5 guns pointing at him. His Russian wife was standing on the front lawn with another RW who runs a women's shelter. When he got back home he found out his new car was missing. It had been donated by his wife to a charitable organization who's director is the RW who was with the wife. According to the police report she was there before the police arrived. Not just cars but houses go to. Dropped charges in exchange for donating property. One guy goes to prison for 8 years based on the testimony of his Russian wife and her boyfriend a RM. While locked up she phoneys up some documents that shows he owes her some money and then gets the court to take his house away from him. I could go on and on. Who can identify with this stuff? Not the usual poster here.

Maxx

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 07:35:42 PM »
Sorry Folks, but here I go again....

Thanks Pee Wee. I have told various men that a well planned exit (divorce) of a marriage to a RW is similar to the first 25 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan". One guy I talked with last week got woken by a phone call from the police. They asked him to step outside. When he did he had 5 guns pointing at him. His Russian wife was standing on the front lawn with another RW who runs a women's shelter. When he got back home he found out his new car was missing. It had been donated by his wife to a charitable organization who's director is the RW who was with the wife. According to the police report she was there before the police arrived. Not just cars but houses go to. Dropped charges in exchange for donating property. One guy goes to prison for 8 years based on the testimony of his Russian wife and her boyfriend a RM. While locked up she phoneys up some documents that shows he owes her some money and then gets the court to take his house away from him. I could go on and on. Who can identify with this stuff? Not the usual poster here.

Maxx
Maxx, I have never completly trusted any woman to be 100% ethical if she feels that she has been wronged in some way. Hell hath no greater fury than a woman scorned, as they say. That timeless idea certainly came from somewhere. Women simply do not know how to fight fair. Add to that a woman who comes from a country where there seems to be a large number of people who are not opposed to taking advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself. Elena told me the other day the one thing that she does not like about her people is that they have a tendency to ignore the laws. That's a Russian talking. It does not suprise me in the least that when she is cornered a RW would  not hesitate to call the cops on a guy. Sad too that she may not even fully realize the ramifications of her actions.

AW do it too. The nice thing about our DV laws is that the man or the woman can call. The one with the bruise goes to jail. Maybe what you do is let her hit you, if you see it coming, and then let her go to jail? But you have to hope that you chose the right lady to begin with so that you never find yourself involved in a DV situation.

Peewee

Offline ecr844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »
Everyone has their own value to the whole, Maxx. I think that if I were to crash and burn that I would not have the heart to spend my time posting an analytical account of it. Shane Neff did. Doug has. That stuff is valuable reading. I would never consider any man who dared to try but utlimately failed to be a "stupid faliure".  I call him a war hero and in this case a decorated vetern of a foriegn war (VFW). Three people types. Those that make things happen. Those that watch things happen. Those that wonder what happened. From what I have read you are one of the make things happen guys. At some point you may of wondered what happened but only for a moment.

Peewee

"Peewee,"

Your post reminded me of this quote:
[quote]"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)
[/quote]
Eric

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 04:25:53 AM »

Peewee

Please bring me up to speed. I manage to remain pretty well-informed, but if Doug and Olga broke up - that is news to me. Is that what happened?

- Dan

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 05:16:05 AM »
Doug and I did not see eye to eye on many issues and his last posts on RWG seemed as if he had the intent of getting himself banned for eternity.

I spoke with Doug many times on the phone and the face he presented on the boards was nothing like the nice guy I had spoken with. Doug may have issues and maybe marital problems but I never mentioned anything to him about his maybe not having as perfect a marriage as he presented on the surface.

Doug left RWG with some very angry posts in which he attacked individuals and RWG and its moderators. This led me to believe maybe there were problems in his life.

For a guy who can post so much stuff, he is a very quiet laid back guy on the phone. I think the posts may have been an extension of what he was dealing with in every day life. You could feel the tension because he would jokingly post something to defend himself and if he received a negative response he would verbally attack the person on the board.

PeeWee, I have Doug's email address but have not used it in over a year.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 05:19:02 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline aikorob

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 07:25:08 AM »
Donna Pedro is doing well down on the beach. I drove down to FLA yesterday and spent the day visiting with the Pedros. She says she occaisionally visits the Russian Women forums, but she is usually busy working. She asked about a few of the old guys like Maxx, and jb, and Bucky from the old RWG board.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 07:29:21 AM by aikorob »
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 11:10:33 AM »
I talked with Bucky a few months ago. He told me that he dumped the lady he was engaged to for a few years. She was not a get down to business (marriage) sort of gal. He said he was in contact with two women that he met in Ukraine. Women in their forties I believe. One worked in a circus at one time and was a natural athlete. He showed her how to toss a frisbee and in her first throw sent it straight at him but he missed catching it and it sailed another 100 yards. She could walk on her hands too.

Maxx   

Offline Daknack

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 12:21:27 PM »
Why does that turn me on Maxx?  My bedroom would be the greatest show on earth (Least till I got undressed and ruined a strange and beautiful image  :'()

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 12:26:46 PM »
I talked with Bucky a few months ago. He told me that he dumped the lady he was engaged to for a few years. She was not a get down to business (marriage) sort of gal. He said he was in contact with two women that he met in Ukraine. Women in their forties I believe. One worked in a circus at one time and was a natural athlete. He showed her how to toss a frisbee and in her first throw sent it straight at him but he missed catching it and it sailed another 100 yards. She could walk on her hands too.

Maxx   

Walks on her hands, you say? This sounds like a woman of value.

Peewee

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 04:35:28 PM »
Maxx Thanks for the news on Bucky.  I am glad he finally broke up with that woman.  It was obvious to everyone (except Phil) that her only interest was spending his money.  I laugh when I recall the arguements we had about the amount of money he spent on her.  Buying her a new car.  Luxury vacations in the Far East....

Funny thing is that the chump is often the last person to see the true situation.  The very first photo I saw of Bean's wife and I just knew he had married a slapper.  Of course it was impossible to tell him.  He had to find this out for himself.  I just hope the divorce settlement was not extortionate.

Great that CaptB has a happy marriage.  Marc became very clued up on this quest.  Initial failure followed by reasessment and persistance pays off.  I am sorry he no longer posts on the boards.  Same goes for Donna.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1933
Total: 1942

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM