It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: K1 and K3 visa numbers down  (Read 22000 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: K1 and K3 visa numbers down
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 08:05:07 AM »

There have been stories here and elsewhere of men losing money after a divorce.  Otherwise what's the point of the prenup.  Although Ive also seen sometimes the prenup doesnt hold up in court especially if the woman claims she did not understand the tenets or if she claims she signed it under stresss. 

I believe alimony can go hand in hand with the length of the marriage. 

You're saying a European or British man can also get falsely accused of domestic violence? 

It's definitely a very flawed system.  There are less and less men bringing foreign wives.  Also dating in Russia is not as easy as it was thirty years ago.
Absolutely, false accusations are quite common, or lets me explain that the broad of the law is so large that barely everything could enter in the spectrum of the law. So the judge has just to interpret if the facts are an offence or not. So all depend of the judge. We have  just recently had an old teacher who killed himself in the forest because he bring a children by the arm because he was blocking the stairs at school, Mum filled a complain for violence. Teacher didn't survice, this is involuntary homicide but still an homicide.
Women are rarely sued for such false accusations and send to jail is not gotta to happen.
Consequences : a lot of men die but what is politically correct to say is that men are murders (rapists ...) and the women are mainly the victims, that's a lie more men are dying of homicide (voluntary and unvolontary) than women
It's why i am so tired of this hypocrisy
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 09:29:46 AM »

1) Unheard of, at least I've never heard of this happening. The judges play the PC game but know what the real score is. Usually the women get just get personal items like their car or laptop and clothes.

2) It happens but it is always short term. Maybe for a year.

3) The affidavit of support could be enforced but almost always it isn't. The worst that might happen is the lawyer representing the woman in the divorce trial might use it as a tool to get an alimony decision by the judge. There was something called the Stump decision in Indiana but that was a rare exception where the man was made to pay her support. It was at poverty level. Most women go get jobs.

4) Yes and Canadians also. Only with Canadians (unless they changed the law) a foreign spouse (there are no fiancee petitions in Canada) get their LPR status when they legally enter the country. A number take off immediately after clearing customs at the airport.

5) Sometimes the Western foreign spouse is hit with spousal maintenance because we are all considered rich. Russia and the FSU do not have the out of control divorce laws the West has.

You missed one

6) What is the worst that usually happens?

Heartbreak, from the double betrayal. First by the foreign spouse, second by the government. I've had people tell me they felt more betrayed and angered by their government than by their spouse. I have heard this over and over again.

Depending on the individual, the pain from the breakup is one of the worst experiences a man or woman can feel. American women I've noticed, take it the worst for being scorned. They go into shock when they discover the system won't come to their aid. Added to this when they discover there were political forces at work that set them up. It will make a liberal Democrat woman into a conservative pro-Trump supporter.
6) What is the worst that usually happens?I was prepared to a divorce, in the sense i had read 100 cases in appeal of my local court before my marriage, this is why i had a prenupt on my contract, also advised by my notary.
but Maxx you told everything here
"they felt more betrayed and angered by their government than by their spouse"
My anger against my ex wife has gone but not all the risks that my country dropped on me, I felt in danger, not protected by my state, i had an opposite feeling, this country where i was born, could screw me up me anytime. And every day and every night during my divorce my health was compromised because my ex wife could do whatever she wants to f.... me applauded by the female extorsion organized gang of the court.
I felt a very little relaxed when i hired the best attorney of my oblast.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:34:46 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 10:18:42 AM »
Despite I respect the words of attorneys who post here . . . I will again state that pre-marital assets will NOT necessarily be protected in divorce settlements and split is not necessarily 50/50 regardless of which state rules are being followed.

I have seen specific examples as follows:

1) Man has 1 million in pre-marital assets.  He and wife have 1 million in joint assets.
Judge says to man, you have 1 million over there, so I am giving the wife most of the 1 million in joint assets. 
Judge never has to say he is ignoring the pre marital rule, but result gives exactly the same split as joining the pre and post marital assets and splitting them 50/50.

2) Judge signs what looks like a 50/50 split, but . . .
Wife is given her share in after tax, liquid assets . . . while man gets assets appraised at their pre tax value and that cannot achieve the appraised value without considerable time and effort, and more money invested.

3)I have also seen wife get half of insurance settlement for pain and suffering from accidents occurring to husband . . . despite fact that law states such are separate assets.

Attorneys will truthfully tell husbands that it will be extremely costly to appeal rulings (even as they clearly go against laws) and such are rarely overturned.

Judges favor women because:
1) Women will mass, march and protest and vote out judges.
2) Men are ridiculed if they even suggest doing such.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2019, 10:23:46 AM »

If you like Filipinas then it's 100 times easier to find a young lass. I've got one chasing me who is 44 years younger than me. She's a first cousin of a wife of a friend on mine. Last time she called me I purposely didn't answer the phone. I mean 66 and 22 is a bit of a ridiculous age gap wouldn't you say?

But keep in mind, average gal there is 5 foot tall or so.
That won't work (i.e. won't look absurd) with 'most' western men.

And almost guaranteed that you will be supporting a much, much, much larger family (hers) than you will with an FSU  gal.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2019, 11:00:23 AM »
But keep in mind, average gal there is 5 foot tall or so.
That won't work (i.e. won't look absurd) with 'most' western men.

And almost guaranteed that you will be supporting a much, much, much larger family (hers) than you will with an FSU  gal.

In 23 years of marriage, my FSU wifes family never asked for a ruble. Even when dining out in Russia, I never got a chance to pick up the check. When we met in other countries, I picked up food and lodging costs but my in laws always insisted on paying their own airfare. Other than that, monies that we gave them we had to insist, as it was needed for medical procedures

Contrast that with Pinays that will have large families asking for money, but its often trivial amounts. The young lady in the Philippines I recently spent 3 weeks with was very open about it, and she felt quite generous saying she would only require her Moms $200/mo rent paid if we stayed together. Other family requests would be on a case by case basis.
  ML makes a good point, at 5 ft nothing a lot is missing for an American man. It will work, for me it worked 4 times a day with no pills, but you are really limited in positions and activities

THE MAIN POINT FOR MY POST
The Pinay showed me the YouTube with the techniques Philippine women use to find Americans(she found my FB page through my friends wife), how to date, the K1 Process including the immediate out of claiming abuse. Since I don't speak Ilongo, I don't know what other tricks or schemes the video outlines. I just want to say men, there is a playbook, and if you proceed check into which playbook your lady is or might be using.
  With a staggering 84000 self petitions, it had to be PLAN A for most of those 84000 when they started looking for a man and not the Plan B they hear about at their interview
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:03:06 AM by GenMish »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 12:13:43 PM »
4) Yes and Canadians also. Only with Canadians (unless they changed the law) a foreign spouse (there are no fiancee petitions in Canada) get their LPR status when they legally enter the country. A number take off immediately after clearing customs at the airport.

The law was changed five years ago, or more, mostly due to pressure from the South Asian community.  The foreign spouse must remain married for at least two years to obtain landed immigrant status.

There is a spousal support requirement, but no minimum income.  When I married, it was 10 years.  It's shorter now, but I can't recall what, and I can't be bothered to look it up.

Heartbreak, from the double betrayal. First by the foreign spouse, second by the government. I've had people tell me they felt more betrayed and angered by their government than by their spouse. I have heard this over and over again.

Depending on the individual, the pain from the breakup is one of the worst experiences a man or woman can feel. American women I've noticed, take it the worst for being scorned. They go into shock when they discover the system won't come to their aid. Added to this when they discover there were political forces at work that set them up. It will make a liberal Democrat woman into a conservative pro-Trump supporter.

Why should the government be involved?  People make bad decisions all the time.  I understand the heartache, but live and learn.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 12:20:18 PM »
If you like Filipinas then it's 100 times easier to find a young lass. I've got one chasing me who is 44 years younger than me. She's a first cousin of a wife of a friend on mine. Last time she called me I purposely didn't answer the phone. I mean 66 and 22 is a bit of a ridiculous age gap wouldn't you say?

As the better half would say, it is not ridiculous, if you have a young male neighbour. :P

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:54:44 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »

That's funny ((, several of my friends  got divorced from their Filipina wives and it was hell. They went after every asset they could, drained $$$ with the courts, turned daughters against their father. Might be easy to get a young one but later on, you may regret it.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Omega82

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »

In 23 years of marriage, my FSU wifes family never asked for a ruble. Even when dining out in Russia, I never got a chance to pick up the check. When we met in other countries, I picked up food and lodging costs but my in laws always insisted on paying their own airfare. Other than that, monies that we gave them we had to insist, as it was needed for medical procedures

Contrast that with Pinays that will have large families asking for money, but its often trivial amounts. The young lady in the Philippines I recently spent 3 weeks with was very open about it, and she felt quite generous saying she would only require her Moms $200/mo rent paid if we stayed together. Other family requests would be on a case by case basis.
  ML makes a good point, at 5 ft nothing a lot is missing for an American man. It will work, for me it worked 4 times a day with no pills, but you are really limited in positions and activities

THE MAIN POINT FOR MY POST
The Pinay showed me the YouTube with the techniques Philippine women use to find Americans(she found my FB page through my friends wife), how to date, the K1 Process including the immediate out of claiming abuse. Since I don't speak Ilongo, I don't know what other tricks or schemes the video outlines. I just want to say men, there is a playbook, and if you proceed check into which playbook your lady is or might be using.
  With a staggering 84000 self petitions, it had to be PLAN A for most of those 84000 when they started looking for a man and not the Plan B they hear about at their interview

Can we verify the number is really 84k?  Sounds staggeringly high. 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 08:55:46 PM »
"Sounds staggeringly high.  "

so...do...I...
kinda like the time I was at Disney and the sign said, "You have to be THIS HIGH to be on this ride"
dewd, I was like WAY higher than that but I still got on and I was just fine, no idea why they put that warning there

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »
I'll try and dig it up. I posted the source here but nobody seemed interested.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 11:44:47 PM »

Can we verify the number is really 84k?  Sounds staggeringly high.

I am searching for it. In the meantime I am going to post links to information on this subject.

This 7 minute radio interview of a woman I also interviewed. This was back 2007. I don't know when the radio interview was.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/9808913/elena-maria-lopez-09-06-18

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 11:54:13 PM »

Elena @ 4:30 tells the percentage of these marriages being fraudulent. Most marriages are

http://www.newsmaxtv.com/vod/Elena-Maria-Lopez-Speaking-on-Immigration-Fraud/vid/0_9jjupsou 

Offline Maxx2

Offline BC

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 03:26:34 AM »
30% of K1's end up as WAVA.. sure that's a credible figure.  Are they all fraud, likely not, I'd tip probably 1/3rd or so, maybe a bit more but this is just guessing.

It doesn't take much to classify as a true blue WAVA, doesn't need to be black eye or worse.

Marital arguments, especially when law enforcement is called.
Alcohol, drugs, gambling problem.
Limiting freedom of movement - no, you have to stay home, you can't get a driving license, you can't visit your friend / family.
Controlling finances - here's your 'allowance', no you can't have a credit/debit card, you can't buy that, you can't have a car or other necessity.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2019, 11:09:22 AM »
Naturalizations, green cards and visas are also taking at least twice as long to process than they used to. The best explanation I could find is that the Trump administration reassigned staff from processing applications to reviewing old ones to find clerical errors or other reasons to revoke the same, I.e. witch hunts against brown people:

http://missionlocal.org/2019/02/sfs-bissap-baobab-to-close-as-owner-fights-immigration-case/

http://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/denaturalization-case-citizenship-kansas/

The second case suggests the policy started before Trump, but he accelerated it.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »
Naturalizations, green cards and visas are also taking at least twice as long to process than they used to. The best explanation I could find is that the Trump administration reassigned staff from processing applications to reviewing old ones to find clerical errors or other reasons to revoke the same, I.e. witch hunts against brown people:

http://missionlocal.org/2019/02/sfs-bissap-baobab-to-close-as-owner-fights-immigration-case/

http://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/denaturalization-case-citizenship-kansas/

The second case suggests the policy started before Trump, but he accelerated it.

I don't believe Trump has a witch hunt on colored people. My Ukrainian MIL is white and her green card paperwork is taking longer than normal to process. Trump does discriminate against lazy people. He wants people with skills and who wants to work.

Trump has increased seasonal worker visas by 30,000 two weeks ago to help with the booming economy. Most of those seasonal workers are going to be Hispanic.

http://www.apnews.com/3a7a25136e9a4857a76023364337436c

Trump wants to eliminate the lottery visa program, lower the amount family based visas, and greatly increase visas for skilled immigrants. Trump is attempting to drain brains from other nations for our benefit.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trumps-immigration-plan-high-skilled-workers
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Omega82

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2019, 08:37:11 PM »
30% of K1's end up as WAVA.. sure that's a credible figure.  Are they all fraud, likely not, I'd tip probably 1/3rd or so, maybe a bit more but this is just guessing.

It doesn't take much to classify as a true blue WAVA, doesn't need to be black eye or worse.

Marital arguments, especially when law enforcement is called.
Alcohol, drugs, gambling problem.
Limiting freedom of movement - no, you have to stay home, you can't get a driving license, you can't visit your friend / family.
Controlling finances - here's your 'allowance', no you can't have a credit/debit card, you can't buy that, you can't have a car or other necessity.

Do 30% of K1's end up in VAWA?  This seems rather high.  Can someone verify the numbers please. 

Offline GenMish

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2019, 04:23:55 AM »
Do 30% of K1's end up in VAWA?  This seems rather high.  Can someone verify the numbers please.

Go to the links Maxx2 provided. In one of them there is a video , and during the video statistics are given. It is rather high. As I speculated in an earlier post, a number that high means its the visa holders plan A not a plan B backup if the man is an abuser

Offline civi68

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2019, 05:53:58 AM »
It's doesn't surprise me that the numbers are so high. While some guys are fortunate enough to find the kind of woman that we are all looking for when we began this search, a lot end up with problematic situations and women. Or some end up with a woman that ends up not being that interested in them once she is here. Sometimes, it is the guy's fault for having emotional problems or being unrealistic about his partner (age or beauty differences). Most of us are not studs that choose this route so average to below average men seeking above average women in the looks department poses additional challenges.
Let's not forget that bringing a woman here for marriage is a risk. We try to control or minimize this risk with our choices but in the end the one factor we can't control is what the woman wants. That can change at any time. We can be kind, responsible, and do everything right but if the woman is no longer interested or only had limited interest, we did the best we could.
    As for the drop in visas, I suspect younger guys are not entering this dating pool as much as years ago, either due to not having the money or the trend of less interest in marriage among younger people. I found it interesting that when I read about the drop in birth rate in the US to Russian levels over the past few years that a big reason for the drop was less younger people dating. So, it was not just couple not having as many children but people not being in a relationship at all.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2019, 08:11:23 AM »
It's doesn't surprise me that the numbers are so high. While some guys are fortunate enough to find the kind of woman that we are all looking for when we began this search, a lot end up with problematic situations and women. Or some end up with a woman that ends up not being that interested in them once she is here. Sometimes, it is the guy's fault for having emotional problems or being unrealistic about his partner (age or beauty differences). Most of us are not studs that choose this route so average to below average men seeking above average women in the looks department poses additional challenges.
Let's not forget that bringing a woman here for marriage is a risk. We try to control or minimize this risk with our choices but in the end the one factor we can't control is what the woman wants. That can change at any time. We can be kind, responsible, and do everything right but if the woman is no longer interested or only had limited interest, we did the best we could.
    As for the drop in visas, I suspect younger guys are not entering this dating pool as much as years ago, either due to not having the money or the trend of less interest in marriage among younger people. I found it interesting that when I read about the drop in birth rate in the US to Russian levels over the past few years that a big reason for the drop was less younger people dating. So, it was not just couple not having as many children but people not being in a relationship at all.

A lot of these marriages break up from outside interference. This is especially true by the new "friends" of these women. There is the financial incentive to break up a marriage. Olga was a Russian woman in Phoenix who made a living breaking apart these marriages. She'd get her women "friends" to loot their husbands when they were in lockup on false charges and then turn over to her.  I'll see if I can find the video of the news report.   

Young people especially males are not interested in settling down. Back when I was young everyone was looking for a wife or husband. I think people were hornier then. We had more testosterone pumping through or veins than the 'soy boys' do now (tell TC).

Offline Maxx2

Offline Boethius

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2019, 10:05:22 AM »
A lot of these marriages break up from outside interference. This is especially true by the new "friends" of these women. There is the financial incentive to break up a marriage. Olga was a Russian woman in Phoenix who made a living breaking apart these marriages. She'd get her women "friends" to loot their husbands when they were in lockup on false charges and then turn over to her.  I'll see if I can find the video of the news report.   
IMHO, a good marriage can't be broken up by outside forces.  If someone can break the marriage, it was built on a foundation of sand.

Young people especially males are not interested in settling down. Back when I was young everyone was looking for a wife or husband. I think people were hornier then. We had more testosterone pumping through or veins than the 'soy boys' do now (tell TC).
I don't think the lack of marriage is about sex.  I think it's just generally more difficult, financially, now to start a family.  Most young people graduate with a boatload of debt.  Housing prices are higher, particularly in cities, than they were in the past.  In many cities, young people can barely rent a place to live, let alone buy a home.  I believe that, less religion, and growing up in a culture where divorce is prevalent, are all factors that mean marriage is not valued.

Offline Omega82

Re: Found it K1 and K3 84,030 abuse claims in 10 years
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »

@ 2:53

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/White-House-Staffers-Meet-With-Citizens-Who-Say-They-Were-Victims-of-Marriage-Fraud-487699471.html

The News 4 I-team filed a FOIA request

It doesn't say how many of the 84K vawa claims resulted in the American being arrested? 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »

IMHO, a good marriage can't be broken up by outside forces.  If someone can break the marriage, it was built on a foundation of sand.
I don't think the lack of marriage is about sex.  I think it's just generally more difficult, financially, now to start a family.  Most young people graduate with a boatload of debt.  Housing prices are higher, particularly in cities, than they were in the past.  In many cities, young people can barely rent a place to live, let alone buy a home.  I believe that, less religion, and growing up in a culture where divorce is prevalent, are all factors that mean marriage is not valued.

Didn't say "good marriage"

Boe, watch this video please

I've talked with these guys 15 years ago.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:34:02 PM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1877
Total: 1888

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM