It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My plans for 2018 FSU Dating  (Read 53300 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: My plans for 2018 FSU Dating
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2018, 10:19:25 AM »
True, I get the impression Russian/Ukrainian women tend to get quite dictatorial with their men.
From my observation of hundreds of relationships, I don't think this is true.  FSUW largely control family finances, but FSUM are not shrinking violets.  Women there are more likely to be dictatorial if their husbands drink.

PS - You may wish to read about Lord Marlborough.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:46:39 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline lyndontom

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2018, 11:16:18 AM »
Yes and the ones that were did the same as all the UK girls if they were pretty they knew what they were worth and went after the best deal going. That or they went on websites like Match and got inundated with guys messaging them and hence became very choosy. Or they became career girls and got career obsessed. Believe me once they are here they are no good like all the UK girls, they become spoilt goods very quickly.

Again with the same negative mentality. I agree with the other posters here; you're going to have to work out what it is you're looking for and work on improving yourself and what you bring to the table. If you're paranoid and don't value what you can offer to any woman, will your future wife also understand her 'worth' shortly after arriving in the UK? Where will you look if that happens, to the next country down on the list?

Seriously, and it's not a jibe - I think with your outlook on life you'd be better suited to trying to find a partner in SE Asia - and even then there are no certainties in life.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »

You still don't.

There is virtually no difference between Polish culture and Ukrainian culture.  I'd say one difference is that Poles' opinion of themselves is, historically, higher than Ukrainians' opinions of themselves, probably because Poland was, for centuries, an empire.

Not exactly the stuff long term successful marriages are made of. 

It is airy fairy because it is basic.  It's not about how you relate to a woman on a day to day basis.

So are you hiring a manager to collect rents, deal with failure to pay rent when you're abroad, deal with anything that breaks down in the home when you're gone, etc.?

No need for me to hire a manager, I'm setting it up so it can run itself. I've put a key safe outside the door if they get locked out. Maintenance I can email a local tradesman for any job that can't wait for me to fix it. Rents will be collected by direct debit and I'll have a deposit so any shortfall I will have time to deal with. I'm looking to just rent out to students who are normally reliable with rents since an eviction would be disruptive for them. Like I say I would return to UK several times a year so I can sort out any problems then. With all the modern technology around these days it's very doable :)

Well it's not how I relate to the woman but a woman will look at different guys and realise 'ok I'm into these few guys here but of them only this or that guy can provide for me' She could still go off with a guy that can't provide but all the guys are 'true love' options so she'll likely go for a provider as that is apparently what they want. If the provider guy she is attracted too can't relate to her well she might reconsider her options.

I think how I relate to a woman will depend on that woman, if we don't relate well to each other then maybe it is best to find one I do, but that is the same for everyone. You for example may not like guys who you feel are mysoginistic, chauvanist, etc but some girls may not mind at all or may even like it. It all depends on finding the right one.

If you feel you know what else there is please feel free to enlighten?

Anyway, well a lot of Ukrainians go to Poland so who knows I may end up with a Ukrainian girl again. There probably are similarities there but there are no go doubt differences as well. The western part of Poland used to be Germanic as did the north. Poland has long since been Catholic not Orthodox and it is much farther in Europe & part of the EU. It's economy and society is wealthier due in large part to the several hundred billion of Euros the EU has pumped into it for infrastructure, etc. And many of its citizens work in the UK & send money home as even with the drop in the value of the pound the pound still buys more than the Polish currency. Poland us essentially a cheap production area for Europe,  has been since the late 80s but even more so today.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2018, 11:21:15 AM »
Culturally, there is virtually no difference between Poles and Ukrainians.  They eat the same food.  They have the same attitudes.  I have seen this up close.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »

Again with the same negative mentality. I agree with the other posters here; you're going to have to work out what it is you're looking for and work on improving yourself and what you bring to the table. If you're paranoid and don't value what you can offer to any woman, will your future wife also understand her 'worth' shortly after arriving in the UK? Where will you look if that happens, to the next country down on the list?

Seriously, and it's not a jibe - I think with your outlook on life you'd be better suited to trying to find a partner in SE Asia - and even then there are no certainties in life.

You may end up being right in the SE Asia thing who knows. Well if I end up living in Poland then the UK thing is no worry. I think with the right woman, setting in the UK & at least a couple of kids in tow I would be alright. I'm not a complete non starter but I know my own country at least and the problems that exist in it. I know what happens relationship wise in the UK and how a woman abroad will often be better because of their different values towards family, etc.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2018, 11:29:38 AM »
Culturally, there is virtually no difference between Poles and Ukrainians.  They eat the same food.  They have the same attitudes.  I have seen this up close.

You may be pretty much right and this is no bad thing. I want a woman that wants a provider as it's territory I can fulfill. I want a woman that wants family/children as that is what I want too. The big difference is the UK immigration mule is not present with Polish women and that removes a big problem for me. True I don't have the UK passport to offer but ad I have explained I have othe things and if we relate well enough to each other then might do better by trying my luck in Poland.

I do think Poland's closer relationship to the UK means they understand us better or at least more about us though.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »
You may end up being right in the SE Asia thing who knows. Well if I end up living in Poland then the UK thing is no worry. I think with the right woman, setting in the UK & at least a couple of kids in tow I would be alright. I'm not a complete non starter but I know my own country at least and the problems that exist in it. I know what happens relationship wise in the UK and how a woman abroad will often be better because of their different values towards family, etc.

I know my own country too and I know that there are good British and Polish women living here. My happily married friends and relatives with families around me confirm that. If you have dismissed them all as non-starters, the problem doesn't lie with them, but elsewhere and the solution is not found (easily, at least) by moving to another country.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2018, 12:27:09 PM »
I get the impression Russian/Ukrainian women tend to get quite dictatorial with their men.

If you have your act together, women will be sweet with you. If you don't have your act together, they'll run you over.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2018, 05:32:56 PM »

I know my own country too and I know that there are good British and Polish women living here. My happily married friends and relatives with families around me confirm that. If you have dismissed them all as non-starters, the problem doesn't lie with them, but elsewhere and the solution is not found (easily, at least) by moving to another country.

In the UK those with good social skills do well & those women that are pretty do well, it doesn't matter where they are from, but not everyone has good social skills. Its a fact of life that some people genetically aren't born with the gift of the gab or anywhere near it. Others may get other skills but in the UK for some reason only those that can open and close their trap in quick succession are seen as worthy. The rest of us are a form of underclass especially viewed as such by the women. In the FSU this seems less so, the ability to provide is something I see a lot of women express in their profiles, in the FSU this seems to come top and that is good news for me :) 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2018, 05:47:55 PM »
Providing is not the number 1 attribute FSUW look for in FSUM. Most of both marry very young.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »
Providing is not the number 1 attribute FSUW look for in FSUM. Most of both marry very young.

Maybe not for those that marry young, but for older girls it seems to be a factor, of course the number one is always that the girl has to be into the guy but after that it seems to rate highly.

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »

How about the "potential" for providing?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:25:47 PM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2018, 06:35:19 PM »
Seems like another far fetched plan.  Now Trench wants to become a landlord and move to Poland?  what the heck...Dude you know nothing about either.  What if your renter decides not to pay and knows you are in another country.  Better hope you know the tenant rights in the UK.

All this provider talk is BS.  Unless the girl is in an absolutely poor condition with no way out she won't care about that.  Remember she's gotta spend alot of time together with you.  If you are boring and dull even all the money in the world won't make up for it.  well, ok if you were Hugh Hefner or some billionaire then you might have a chance.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »

All this provider talk is BS.  Unless the girl is in an absolutely poor condition with no way out she won't care about that.  Remember she's gotta spend alot of time together with you.  If you are boring and dull even all the money in the world won't make up for it.  well, ok if you were Hugh Hefner or some billionaire then you might have a chance.

I have never met a woman looking for a husband that didn't care about financial security. Why would a woman migrate just to end up in worse shape than when she started? They want a normal life.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:12:14 PM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »

I have never met a woman looking for a husband that didn't care about financial security. Why would a woman migrate just to end up in worse shape than when she started? They want a normal life.

Thankyou :clapping: I think you are right on both counts Steamer. 'Potential' is important to for young people, I have a cousin who has a daughter who was going out with this guy during her late teens. He too was in his late teens roughly same age as her, anyway he looked like he could have been on he's way into a good profession but in the end this failed to materialize and it became clear it would be extremely unlikely to. In fact she had to get him a part time job where she worked in retail, so he went from fame to lame, lol. It was not long before they split up and she is now after the best deal possible and playing the field as many young pretty girls do.

From what I heard I don't thin she was all that into him either, but he was seen as having 'potential' in the beginning, it failed to materialize so he's stock took a pounding. He was shown up for not being able to deliver.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2018, 09:19:31 PM »
Seems like another far fetched plan.  Now Trench wants to become a landlord and move to Poland?  what the heck...Dude you know nothing about either.  What if your renter decides not to pay and knows you are in another country.  Better hope you know the tenant rights in the UK.

She wants to be reasonably sure they guy can pull he's weight not sponge of her. She also has to be sure that he can contribute the resources necessary to starting a family. A bit on in and out of work in low paid jobs and no real financial savings or assets such as a house behind him will not be very reassuring to her. If he rents a doss hole of a pokey dive of a flat and goes out boozing, smoking and perhaps even using drugs that takes up any money he does have then he will be a non-starter in her eyes.

Girls will consider guys they are not that into merely because they are at least able to be in a financial position to have a family as a prerequisite that few girls can ignore common sense wise. If you don't have the financial resources chances are you aren't in the running to begin with.

Consider also that it is not only guys that are boring and dull but girls also. However, many of them get a guy because they have the ability to have children which most guys want. Its not the guys dream match but that's life, he busies himself with work, etc and enjoys having a family. Like I said before a lot depends on having interests each other enjoys. A car rally will be fun to some guys and girls but some girls may find it boring. Some girls will find some guys simpletons that are easily amused by the unfunny while others will find them hilarious.

Don't worry about all the renting thing Sting I know all what I need to know about evictions etc, so know how to avoid problems, plenty of info out there these days on all that stuff. Consider also you're availability to spend time with a girl, if you're pushed for money its not going to be an easy one. Many relationships break up because the guy is always at work all the time. A girl wont be interested in a guy if she finds him repulsive or is just non-interested in him but if there is the slightest bit of interest a decent financial position could swing it for the guy.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »

yeah but if that's all that Trench offers it not enough...  of course a woman won't go to a new country for a poorer guy.  But I mean Trench should have his finances in order, have some money saved up, an investment portfolio in stocks, bonds, dividend paying stuff.  If you say you have no mortgage and paid off your house then that's a first step.  But you could be better off selling the house for the capital gains.

No girl I dated in Russia talked about money first.  They want to see how you are as a person.   Of course if you are bad with money and don't know how to save or invest then there will be problems later.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

The women are like most FSW after a guy that can provide for family. I have also heard they are feminine and not difficult like girls on the west. I have also heard that they are attractive and have big tits ;)

stop talking like a teen who's just hit puberty dude..  well, wait that's your maturity level!  it would be pure to see how you talk to women in real life.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »

Don't worry about all the renting thing Sting I know all what I need to know about evictions etc, so know how to avoid problems, plenty of info out there these days on all that stuff.

Doesn't sound like you've ever been a landlord before..good luck man.  Plenty of info on alot of things but if you don't act on it it's useless.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »

Girls will consider guys they are not that into merely because they are at least able to be in a financial position to have a family as a prerequisite that few girls can ignore common sense wise. If you don't have the financial resources chances are you aren't in the running to begin with.

Only if she's really ugly or just not attractive and has few options.  Logic doesn't play into girls' minds.  You gotta remember, any half decent looking girl can find many suitors no problem.
I got Russian friends who had marriage proposals and stuff from strangers.  They turned em down cause they didn't want to be with the guy.  Other Russian friends who went to another country on a whim for guys. 

Unless you are super rich and can offer a lifestyle so much higher than what they are used to, I'd say stop using your wallet to attract girls.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »
yeah but if that's all that Trench offers it not enough...  of course a woman won't go to a new country for a poorer guy.  But I mean Trench should have his finances in order, have some money saved up, an investment portfolio in stocks, bonds, dividend paying stuff.  If you say you have no mortgage and paid off your house then that's a first step.  But you could be better off selling the house for the capital gains.

No girl I dated in Russia talked about money first.  They want to see how you are as a person.   Of course if you are bad with money and don't know how to save or invest then there will be problems later.

See your financial astuteness isn't great Sting. I could sell off the house for capital gain, bit what would I do with the money? I would have a large pile of cash with no income if I gave up my job. Who knows the girl might even surprise me and says she wants to live in the UK of only for a little while. Now think, I could both have a pile of cash and an income without a job. I could mortgage the house, still rent out rooms to cover the mortgage cost and have some left over. The left over income would not be enough to cover rent but I would have a lump sum to do that for a while or buy something in Poland, either a small place or a decent size house if she had a job and we went in together on it. Meanwhile I still have my mortgage being paid off with the rent money :)

I have a few thousand in stocks & bonds, some if it divIdend paying stuff some of it not. You have to be careful as a lot of money can be lost on the stock markets. I would say it's far more volatile than it used to be before the banking crises a decade ago. A reasonably safe stock won't give you a good dividend payout. You would have to invest a lot of money into about at least half a dozen reasonably safe stocks that payout dividend at different times of the year for it to be able to offer much income support at all. If one or more of those reasonably safe stocks ran into trouble here then you could end up with a financial headache on your hands.

For example Tesco supermarket in the UK used to be seen as a safe stock an relatively speaking if still is, however a few years ago they found out the directors were cooking the books to make if look like the store was doing better year on year than it was - result - share price took a dive and the dividend was axed for a good while (they were also under pressure from rival discount supermarkets). They've only now just restored the dividend and the share price has recovered a little. Which goes to show relting on dividends would not be a wise move for me they are a top up not something I invest a lot on shares to live off.

Conversely you could buy shares in a company that pays out no dividend at all but if good news is starting to come through from that company you may make a ton of money far more than any poxy dividend. They are normally far more riskier companies and often to a large extent unknown quantities. So you could lose a large part or all of your money. So they are much more a gamble and less of an investment. Upside is at least your not investing in a company you think is rock solid then finding out otherwise like we did with the banks. Bitcoin is not a bad example of the money you can make.

So financially speaking I'm nowhere near the big boys in terms of financial strength. If things go my way I could be a lot better of if not then I remain another guy off the streets that is not all that wealthy. To a FSW even from Poland I would probably be pretty wealthy by their standards. Most Poles that come to the UK rent they do so not only because they don't know how long they will be here and may want to move around but also because house prices are high in a lot of areas and they don't have the money. Most I hear prove to be very reliable tenants as they are not brought up on the live off welfare as a livilihood as some people are here.

So that us about the size of it. If you go out to meet FSW do you want to go out there with an uncomfortable feeling of not being in a decent financial situation to be able to make a go of it with her? I couldn't I would feel like I'm going in light. The girl would of course not give you a financial run down on first meeting but she would subtly ask questions over time and more candidly judge you by your actions and what you tell her as to how wealthy/successful you are.If she's pretty she will judge you against any other alternative options of guys she may have.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2018, 03:09:58 AM »
See your financial astuteness isn't great Sting. I could sell off the house for capital gain, bit what would I do with the money?

haha pretty funny considering I completed my higher education in business and worked in finance.  Manage my own portfolio.  When you talk about stocks I can tell you know nothing.

You probably don't invest in global stocks at all, only British.  I am heavily weighted in American stocks.  Check the performance of Google, Facebook, Amazon etc..  Basically they have gained 5-10x in the past decade even with the big crash of 08-09.

I don't know the housing price trends in your city but if you bought a place in London a decade ago you would be laughing now.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2018, 03:36:29 AM »
So, what we have here is two posters 'willy waving' - the plans for finding a partner seems to have been forgotten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2018, 04:36:11 AM »

How about the "potential" for providing?

Yes, that is a factor for many women.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2018, 04:50:19 AM »
haha pretty funny considering I completed my higher education in business and worked in finance.  Manage my own portfolio.  When you talk about stocks I can tell you know nothing.

You probably don't invest in global stocks at all, only British.  I am heavily weighted in American stocks.  Check the performance of Google, Facebook, Amazon etc..  Basically they have gained 5-10x in the past decade even with the big crash of 08-09.

I don't know the housing price trends in your city but if you bought a place in London a decade ago you would be laughing now.

If I was able to buy in central London I would be laughing, but the prices were steep 10 years or more ago now, they are even steeper there now. In outer London the prices are high but still a lot cheaper than central London. If I were in London now I would sell up as the house prices are vastly inflated and due for a correction. I predict that if they do not go south towards the end of this year then they will do in 2019.

I do not live in London nor have any property there, that's one boat I missed/could not get on because I didn't earn enough, still don't. I live in a much cheaper part of the country but one which shouldn't suffer too much in a house price slump. Mainly because prices have only gone up steadily. My mother lives in on the south coast on quite a wealthy part of the country but still not nearly as pricy as London. I own some American stocks, American companies can get big in a short space of time. Though you no doubt have a lot more than me. I'm not a high earning guy just a regular guy on the street I don't mind admitting that, thus I don't have loads to pour into stocks and if if dosent work out just pour a load more into other stocks and hope they do better. I just have to work the best with what I've got but even this to many Polish women will bea fair amount.

Main thing is Sting is that most women will be reading a guy like a book from the moment they meet him. Every time a guy opens his trap it adds to the story and what they make of a guy. Of course they are not so socially inept to ask you for a financial run down after you've first met or even further down the line, they know dojng so would torpedo their chances with you if you turned out to be what they wanted. For sure there us such a thing as knowing someone and gaining joy from friendship they will want that as a basic. If there us no chemistry a girl will likely run, if there is bur you're an *sshole the girl may think twice or for munwrous other reasons. Young girls often just want to date as they have time on their side, but ax they get older they get more serious about whether a guy has much go in him.

Let's face it some girls are materialistic & some aren't. If we say it's 50/50 then it's still 50 percent of girls that will want to hear good things on the wealth front. The less she hears good things over time the more the guy doesn't fit the mold of what she wants in a guy. Turning your back on the 50 percent that have some level of materialism is basically cutting out too many women.

What I am learning ax I get older is that reading people is an important skill. Some people just gab without realising what they are actually telling someone. Some people read people very little if at all (probably mostly us guys). My sister at a speed dating event years ago was reading the guys and they didn't even realise she was able to pick out all the little porkies they were letting slip without realising it. A guy may go on saying he has this or that in a bold financial statement but then in a reply to a casual question later let's slip he went for the cheaper option on something for example like he parked up where the free parking was and walked a distance in bad weather where if he was as wealthy as said he would have used to pay for car park or whatever. Main thing is over time a girl will pay little credibility to the big bold statements as she will have a litany of little titbits of information that tell her this guy is a bag of wind and really has no real wealth at all. A girl will also be polite about ditching a guy in such a situation, she'll make her excuses and take her leave. No off course you can't buy a girl/use your wad it's a mistake but a girl will be reading you and judging weather your the one given the options available to her to go for. Hence why some people say it's the woman that choses the guy (the gig just does the approach/initiation part in most cases).

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1963
Total: 1972

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM