It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartments Versus Hotels  (Read 82347 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
If you go for 1-2 nights i'd recommend a hotel, if you plan to stay for more than 1 week an apartment is a better deal.
Attention!!! An apartment should cost about 60% of a same quality hotel room.

Ari -- you can read my comments in general above- :popcorn:

On cost issues  -- I dispute that comment as being correct.
In a very specific example --it is in fact near enough the same cost  -- and in real terms can be cheaper in a hotel.
If you take into account  that breakfast is included -- it is in fact cheaper. At my favoured Hotel group it is an excellent breakfast that caters to numerous styles and healthy eating !
Now that is a current day fact !

For the record -- I use both Hotels and apartments --it depends on all the circumstance at any given point of time.

Now another one that a few of the dinosaurs here may not have seen --loosely titled is the rise of the  Apartment/Hotel or Hotel/ Apartment !
It can be in effect a either way in emphasis-- more of one than the other either way.Generally speaking --it allows the privacy issue raised here as being so important  to some ( erroneously in my view as being a major issue) and some of the benefits of both !
An apartment taken for along stay ( far longer than the mob'er is likely to be undertaking) could be cheaper --but even that is not absolute.
These specific comments highlight why some of the dogmatic  unequivocal comments made by some here are outdated and it is just plain wrong .
Finally --my experience and time on the ground is both substantial and CURRENT.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:23:15 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2017, 10:39:37 PM »
JayH

As you KEEP demonstrating - any practical 'experience' you have of travel and staying overnight in the in the FSU seems to be contrary to mine.

The REAL rise is those using services like booking.com, airbnb, etc.

Longer stays tend to be in apartments.

Offline JayH

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2017, 10:54:15 PM »
If you actually check Booking.com you will see   some hotel/apartments  stroke apartment/hotel !!

Moby -- wake up-- knowing something as an "opinion"does not make it mutually exclusive .
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »
If you actually check Booking.com you will see   some hotel/apartments  stroke apartment/hotel !!

IF you actually read, JayH - I don't dispute the 'rise' of apart/ hotels ....  I just don't agree with your advice  / criteria on choosing places to stay

Moby -- wake up-- knowing something as an "opinion"does not make it mutually exclusive .

;D I wasn't the one starting off his previous post by suggesting the opinions of others were invalid ....

Offline JayH

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 04:13:30 AM »
Against my better judgment I will tell you a snippet of a story that happened on an early trip into Ukraine some time ago( recent compared to some who write here!! --2010 ) and relates to this topic .
This happened in what is now occupied Crimea  -not too far from where a misguided bridge is being attempted to  be built.

I went to meet a specific girl that I had had solid prelim prep with (  I did not see forums until some years later btw_)
We spoke again on the morning I was leaving Kyiv to meet her at prearranged place that evening. So all good it seemed.

Arrived on schedule,checked into the HOTEL -- an older style but quite beautiful in a traditional sense in the public areas and gracious.
I showered and changed and headed off to meeting early . Sent sms -  no reply.Sat and waited -nothing,SMS and calls nothing at all,she had gone to ground and as I learnt later-- had got cold feet ( so to speak).

Like a half smart little wood duck-- I had plan B !!  ( & C,D,E,F,G,H etc) :)

So after a fair amount of frustration & wasted  time ( in retrospect it was all good learning time) I got in contact with PLAN B ( believe me she as an A+)  who could hardly believe I was there--but came asap to meet.I cannot say how much I enjoyed meeting her -- for many reasons.

Now to the point of this anecdote!  On the second day -- she was interested to see something on my computer, true!!
Now the issue of the Hotel was discussed ( as per the most negative conversations  here ) - so with a shrug of the shoulders - off we went.  At entrance of Hotel  she looks across to receptionist -- and immediately recognised her from school !! So evasive action into lift is expedited in a flash!! Lot's of laughter and shushing and we arrive at floor.
Now this is an old Soviet style establishment with a floor supervisor still in place-- probably used more at that time as a linen closet and forlady to cleaning etc. The lady in charge  is ensconsed in her cubby hole --low and behold-- the lady happens to be a good friend of the mother of the  girl I was with -- and we were face to face with her!! 

A very valid point about meetings-- ALL meetings- --especially in smaller cities-- is that girls do not wish the gossip to be about them -in any circumstances let alone being on the way to a western mans hotel room !!

That girl is now a working lawyer  and happily married to a very nice Ukrainian guy--  but all that was back in another time

Offline msmob

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 05:04:43 AM »
Which just goes to demonstrate why a hotel may not be a wise choice if meeting someone ... 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 05:53:00 AM »
A girl I am due to go out to see was adamant that she would not stay in a hotel, though for the short time period of a week a hotel actually comes in a bit cheaper than the apartment. It will be interesting for me to do the apartment thing and no doubt has its upsides but hotels I just see as being more convenient. That said I decided to not do hotel with her as if its a big obstacle then its pointless as the whole point of me going is to be with someone. Funny thing is its not even in her hometown or remotely near it. Why many women out there have this big hang up over hotels is comical.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 07:34:11 AM »
Why many women out there have this big hang up over hotels is comical.

There you go again Trench... IF you still think this - you will fail - again ... 

There's been enough 'help' for you on here as to why a lady doesn't want / need gossip.. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »
There you go again Trench... IF you still think this - you will fail - again ... 

There's been enough 'help' for you on here as to why a lady doesn't want / need gossip..

I know I wouldn't set myself up with a Hotel these days knowing women there have hang ups over it, unless of course I was going on a meet many to 'interview' the ladies in which case I would choose a location away from the hotel. There reaction to Hotel though still amuses me, :D lol, it's so different from here in the West but in a way refreshing I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2017, 11:56:30 AM »
Why many women out there have this big hang up over hotels is comical.

I'm sure they have gangsters where you are from, but you don't cross paths
with them because you don't do gangster type stuff and you run in different
circles. Imagine they hung around hotels and rented out prostitutes.

Imagine you were a pretty young girl and a guy suggested that you went to
the hotel where the gangster pimps were at. Further imagine that some of
those girls were voluntarily prostitutes and some were forced.

How likely would it be that a slim young girl who isn't a Ninja would want to go
to a place where there were gangster pimps that potentially force girls into
prostitution?

The gangsters run the prostitutes in the hotels. Do they force girls to become
prostitutes? Maybe not, I have no idea. Are these prostitutes hooked on drugs?
again, I have no idea. Could the whole scenario scare a slim young girl?

Could it be repulsive to her? Has she heard horror stories? Is it pretty comical 
that she would want to avoid all of this?

Trench, I don't know if any of the above scenarios are real or not. I am sure
that the hookers at the hotels are controlled by mobsters.

The girl you are meeting is probably seriously considering you as a potential
mate. If things go well, she might want to bring friends/family to your
apartment to meet you. She might want to play house. You can't do those
things for crap in a hotel in the FSU.

for the short time period of a week a hotel actually comes in a bit cheaper than the apartment.

Once you figure in the cost for restaurants vs home cooked food, the savings
you speak of go out the window, same for laundry.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:01:34 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline JayH

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2017, 12:04:27 PM »
2T-- you have some ridiculous ideas-- and the post above takes the cake.

It is such a narrow distorted view it is unbelievable.

Maybe it is just dated -outdated that it.

Gangsters,prostitutes--  at hotels -- not in my world .

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
2T-- you have some ridiculous ideas-- and the post above takes the cake.

Gangsters,prostitutes--  at hotels -- not in my world .

Jay, you are a little naive,

Do you think that any freelancing prostitute is allowed to practice their trade at
any hotel without paying a tax? Do you think hotels aren't regulated/shaken down?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline JayH

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »
A girl I am due to go out to see was adamant that she would not stay in a hotel, though for the short time period of a week a hotel actually comes in a bit cheaper than the apartment. It will be interesting for me to do the apartment thing and no doubt has its upsides but hotels I just see as being more convenient. That said I decided to not do hotel with her as if its a big obstacle then its pointless as the whole point of me going is to be with someone. Funny thing is its not even in her hometown or remotely near it. Why many women out there have this big hang up over hotels is comical.
I am replying because you are making an attempt at a more rational approach--just dont post repeating stuff that you have picked up on forum and only half understand.

A couple of points --you confirmed my comments on comparable cost --you in fact stayed at one hotel I recommend. It actually has a higher cost than the same chain in other cities.

My bet is you saw zero of any gangsters or prostitutes while you stayed there!!

On apartment--if a girl offers to arrange--take great care -both with booking and price-- and with her if it does not add up.
If you are collecting key -establish a precise time you can keep -- make sure you have phone contact,try and know if they speak English- send sms a few hours in advance confirming you will be on time -- and No1 -establish if contact point(meeting place) is the actual address of the apartment.

Meeting in another city  eg  ZAP to DNK goes to the point above where a girl may be underwhelmed at being seen with a stranger in town . Secondly-- she can leave any time she chooses without having a guy on her doorstep and is a cheap bus ride to home for her.

Whatever the apartment arrangements are- presume nothing and hasten slowly !!

Offline JayH

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
Jay, you are a little naive,

Do you think that any freelancing prostitute is allowed to practice their trade at
any hotel without paying a tax? Do you think hotels aren't regulated/shaken down?

Sheesh -- maybe you need to frequent a better class  of hotel?
Your all encompassing comments are simply garbage.
Maybe a tiny %  - that is all I would concede and I have only seen in a pretty subtle way in a big Moscow hotel --and not in Ukraine at all.
Am I naive -- mmm -- hardly .

Offline Arti99

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »
Ari -- you can read my comments in general above- :popcorn:

On cost issues  -- I dispute that comment as being correct.
In a very specific example --it is in fact near enough the same cost  -- and in real terms can be cheaper in a hotel.
If you take into account  that breakfast is included -- it is in fact cheaper. At my favoured Hotel group it is an excellent breakfast that caters to numerous styles and healthy eating !
Now that is a current day fact !

For the record -- I use both Hotels and apartments --it depends on all the circumstance at any given point of time.

Now another one that a few of the dinosaurs here may not have seen --loosely titled is the rise of the  Apartment/Hotel or Hotel/ Apartment !
It can be in effect a either way in emphasis-- more of one than the other either way.Generally speaking --it allows the privacy issue raised here as being so important  to some ( erroneously in my view as being a major issue) and some of the benefits of both !
An apartment taken for along stay ( far longer than the mob'er is likely to be undertaking) could be cheaper --but even that is not absolute.
These specific comments highlight why some of the dogmatic  unequivocal comments made by some here are outdated and it is just plain wrong .
Finally --my experience and time on the ground is both substantial and CURRENT.
Let me disagree with your opinion as I do short term rentals in Ukraine for about 12 years, I do both - apartments and a mini-hotel, so a studio or a one bedroom apartment will be always cheaper than a hotel room, some of my 2 or 3 bedroom apartments are same price than a hotel room, I will agree on this.
As for me, when I travel alone I book hotels, if not, I prefer apartments.
Let's hope, let's love
J'adore ce flair de site de rencontre franco russe

Offline JayH

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2017, 11:52:07 PM »
"so a studio or a one bedroom apartment will be always cheaper than a hotel room,"

Simply untrue as I said. It is just plain wrong to state that.
If one pays via Ukrainian sites -- it can be cheaper -- but often hard to get equivalent standard.
Where are you based?
If in Kyiv or Odessa  itself -- your assertion has the greatest chance of being closest to correct -- but outside of that I will back my comments .
So-- give us a few examples of reasonable style apartment for say -- a 4 day stay .

Offline msmob

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2017, 12:09:58 AM »
JayH

If only I had a 100 quid for every howler you have copied and pasted - believing it to be 'true'... [i.e.factual]

Perhaps 'nearly always' would have been a wiser choice of words - knowing your tendency to be a pendant - whilst rarely acknowledging when you are mistaken. ..as in this case.

Offline JayH

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »
JayH

If only I had a 100 quid for every howler you have copied and pasted - believing it to be 'true'... [i.e.factual]

Perhaps 'nearly always' would have been a wiser choice of words - knowing your tendency to be a pendant - whilst rarely acknowledging when you are mistaken. ..as in this case.
You are full of it--  your trolling onle serves to show the idiot you are

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21587.1300

Quote from: msmob on April 27, 2017, 02:23:33 AM
"JayH

This is your constant 'excuse' when posting stuff that is so often ill-researched , sloppy journalism or just downright fake news..

You may achieve ( if you have not already done so ) the status of the boy who cries, 'Wolf' .... no-one will believe you  / pay attention - even if you post a decent, thought-provoking article  :( "

QUOTING REPLY FROM ANOTHER THREAD
"Moby --I think you are a complete dill --but -- it is a waste of time repeating it.You throw your trolling cast out repeatedly to draw attention to yourself-- simply pathetic.
On matters Ukraine -- you are like the guy that says some of his best "friends" are Jewish and then continues unabated in his anti semitic ranting. That along with your support of the Russian filth that has invaded Ukraine and continues to kill,maim ,suppress good Ukrainians and ruin lives disgusts me.There is NOTHING nice about the current Russian regime and those that SUPPORT it--in any way.
You are an inadequate twit that seeks the applause of forums for your life--just pathetic.

As  to your comment above -- deliberately maliciously incorrectly attributing words not said by me-- only goes to illustrate your ignorance( & those who have repeatedly done it)in general .There is nothing constant or excuse making in ANYTHING I said --just another attempt at creating a fiction -- perhaps like the Russian scum of your admiration  you cant tell the truth either.
If you are so dumb that you refuse to read links--or cannot see they are often wide discussion point-- the more stupid it make YOU ( & others)"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:03:25 AM by JayH »

Offline JayH

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2017, 01:17:59 AM »
For those that want to discuss some reality-- what can you show for $15 to $20 per night?
That is possible for one night or 20  & includes a very decent breakfast of unlimited quantity >>

So--let us see what is comparable. :)

Apartment can be  had for that price -that is true enough too-- but--often not as good a quality level and no breakfast.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:21:05 AM by JayH »

Offline msmob

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2017, 01:25:08 AM »
 :D

JayH

If 'trolling' is pointing out your many inaccurate articles and assessments on this particular thread -  then I am 'guilty' ...

In the meantime, I am pretty confident I have stayed in more FSU accommodation and in more places than you over the years and recently.  To remind you - I was in Ukraine 25 percent of my life  - business reasons - in recent years

Once again, you suggest some 'support' - on 'my' behalf -  for VVP's away games in neighbouring states that would suggest you want us to read your copy and pastes -  but haven't the courtesy to read posts of others..thus making a fool of yourself...

So, I'm a 'russiophobe' in another place and a 'fan' of his - to you - on here  :ROFL:

Now, IF you want to deal with the daftness if your assertions appertaining to THIS thread ....  I missed any validating 'evidence' to support your flip-flopping stances ...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:13:28 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2017, 01:36:10 AM »
For those that want to discuss some reality-- what can you show for $15 to $20 per night?
That is possible for one night or 20  & includes a very decent breakfast of unlimited quantity >>

Easy ... It was even possible to find such places within five mins of the Sochi F1 GP - during the GP - I found such a place on booking.com for a Russian friend from Moscow and a member on here found his own place using the same site...

I have recently stayed in an airport 'Guest House' that offered transport to and from the airport - INCLUDED - in the price for the target you suggest and posted the info on here .... brand new place - super std of accommodation, WiFi, Powerful shower / standing jacuzzi, writing desk, terrace over garden ...

You know JayH .... most members CAN use search engines and find decent accommodation - with good reviews

Offline JayH

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2017, 02:20:17 AM »
:D

JayH

1/In the meantime, I am pretty confident I have stayed in more FSU accommodation and in more places than you over the years and recently.  To remind you - I was in Ukraine 25 percent of my life  - business reasons - in recent years

2/Now, IF you want to deal with the daftness if your assertions appertaining to THIS thread ....  I missed any validating 'evidence' to support your flip-flopping stances ...

1/ See there you go again--you have zero idea of me-And I will happily bet you ANY amount  that I have spent more time in Ukraine than you  ( in the time of my recent situation fwiw since 2010_)
You keep showing your arrogant ignorance

2/ Validating evidence-- note --you offer none at all . A few pieces of anecdotal comment.My specific comment refers to a hotel group  that has clearly identifiable published prices . As it happens-- I also get a decent discount that I have not referred to here.

If you can actually read my comments-- they are to a degree qualified -- I only bother mention that for others reading.

As for you staying in more places  --now that will be rubbish -- as so many and much of your garbage is in your over zealous attempts to try and show what a "genius" you are !!
Moby -- you are a complete f..wit.

For all to note --here is Moby again seeking to make a thread about HIM !!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:23:53 AM by JayH »

Offline JayH

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2017, 02:22:37 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline msmob

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2017, 02:52:17 AM »
See there you go again--you have zero idea of me-And I will happily bet you ANY amount  that I have spent more time in Ukraine than you  ( in the time of my recent situation fwiw since 2010_)
You keep showing your arrogant ignorance

I am VERY confident that an Aussie cannot go backwards and forwards to FSU like I can ...     Did you need to replace a passport - I have TWO remember - as they got full of FSU state entry / exit stamps ?   That's over 62 pages filled in less than 10 years :))  The new - one UK - just over 1 year old -  is already 25 percent full. 

I don't like to stay in bed-factories / chains and prefer seeking out friendly - hostelries

Validating evidence-- note --you offer none at all . A few pieces of anectdotal comment.My specific comment refers to a hotel group  that has clearly identifiable published prices . As it happens-- I also get a decent discount that I have not referred to here.

If you can actually read my comments-- they are to a degree qualified -- I only bother mention that for others reading.

As for you staying in more places  --now that will be rubbish -- as so many and much of your garbage is in your over zealous attempts to try and show what a "genius" you are !!
Moby -- you are a complete f..wit.

For all to note --here is Moby again seeking to make a thread about HIM !!

Moby is simply pointing out that JayH has a record of posting bollox 'info' and being busted ...

You  make up stuff to 'discredit' - like my 'supporting the Kremlin's 'away games' in Ukraine - rather than READING folks ripostes - that call the basis for your 'opinions' into doubt.

As for validation - I have quoted numerous examples and my trip reports often feature the accommodation I stay at ...  :)

I'm happy to post several FULL pages from my passports - just UA / RU - across the years to demonstrate your folly.   

Mine are stored on photobucket - used to silence a Kremlin troll - you may need to put down the popcorn - lest you choke.....  :cheesy:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:55:07 AM by msmob »

Offline JayH

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2017, 03:14:19 AM »
You said Ukraine -that is what I responded to - I have been quite specific on that -to point out the obvious.
You are such a sly cretin you seek to move  as it suits you  - really -- you cant provide a link to support your assertions? Yeah right -- not that it changes my point one iota !

You seem to think you and your exposure is "superior" --I say bs and you are simply full of crap.( spread across many threads and forums_

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1968
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM