It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 457009 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Will somebody please shoot Trench and put him out of his misery?

I don't have a gun but may rethink my position if he keeps up his trolling.

It's not trolling BC, a lot of people will go with what society tells them is the conventional route at any given point in time. Recent decades that has been education, before that it was a suitable marriage prospect. Few people actually think for themselves and upon realising the logic no longer fear breaking free from the crowd. What if Bill Gates said screw this opportunity that had come up with IBM I would rather finish my uni education. There would be no Microsoft, no rich Bill Gates just a douche Bill Gates holding a diploma with far less going for him.

So now we have Krim, one of his daughters we are told is going to marry a rich guy out in Moscow. So what is she to do??? If she says the 'I want to finish my degree first' like a lot of the rubbish women have been brought up told to say he will likely feel she is not serious about him, may not ever go to Moscow to live with him/marry him and that she is wasting his time so he should move on. After all if she finished her degree she might then say, 'Ive been offered this amazing opportunity in so & so in the US and it is too good an opportunity to turn down I will have to do that first then we can ...blah, blah, blah'.

Degrees these days are two a penny BC, after you have finished your degree there is another year following on from you full of students on virtually every given career path. The market is swamped with loads of students being churned out every year. You're one of many, many people holding a degree in a given subject these days.

Now Krim's daughter on the other hand has an opportunity here in marrying well as they used to call it. Maybe she is indeed very much in love with this rich Moscow guy. In any case she will be marrying into a comfortable lifestyle, she won't need to go out to work with a degree to afford that lifestyle and put up with the ordeals of whatever the workplace throws at her. She could even have more scope to do what she pleases by marrying into a rich family.

Most attractive women are around their prime in their late teens to early twenties. Many attractive women can still be very attractive in their mid to late twenties and lose nothing of their appeal. However some do already start to go downhill in the looks department and in any case most of the most promising partners are married off by around their early twenties or promised to be.

Hence while Krim's move here may seem rash to some it is likely to have a lot more go in it than his daughters being sat behind a computer screen all day finishing off their uni courses while they lose out on the most promising years of their life. Remember learning can be done later at any age.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
So your one example is the world's richest man, who had been making software deals since high school, and actually did attend an Ivy League university for two years. 

Ignoring the outliers, look at average salaries, and you will note that those with educations have, on average, higher salaries than those with no education. 

Being solely reliant on a man, who may decide after a few kids that he needs a younger, tighter, model, is the worst thing a woman can do.  Tying herself to a loser who can't support her is equally as bad.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

Sure.  Until she has a baby and then figures out the 40 year old schmuck she married, who can't generate an income in excess of £27,000, can't afford to buy her more than the very basics.  So, uneducated, she is forced to work as an Asda cashier in order to purchase school uniforms, runners (I believe you call them "trainers"), and be able to get a good haircut and occasional manicure for herself.

The prettier the girl generally the more richer guy she can get. It's not all of course about money or as simple as that, not always but it's a general rule of thumb. In general the less women they are competing with men out in the workplace the more higher salary a man can command and the more likely me are to get into the jobs they need that the women want them to have. In depriving a man of that job they are also depriving themselves of the man they want ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

Your lack of understanding of the most basic of human relations is on display yet again. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
So your one example is the world's richest man, who had been making software deals since high school, and actually did attend an Ivy League university for two years. 

Ignoring the outliers, look at average salaries, and you will note that those with educations have, on average, higher salaries than those with no education. 

Being solely reliant on a man, who may decide after a few kids that he needs a younger, tighter, model, is the worst thing a woman can do.  Tying herself to a loser who can't support her is equally as bad.

Many cases are abound of people that didn't finish Uni and did well, not because they couldn't finish the course or were impulsive with no good reason but because they realised that they would get much more, much better by acting on something else there and then that couldn't/wouldn't wait for them to finish their degree. Brad Pitt was close to finishing his degree but chucked it in to go to LA to do acting. He didn't have any offer when he did that but he no doubt envisaged that if he finished his degree he would then feel compelled to use that degree by going for a stayed job at a decent but regular salary that he would then feel compelled to stay in as he "progressed". So to avoid that stable yet unexciting vision he went to Hollywood to try his hand. He probably figured he could finish degree off later and no doubt the chicks on campus digged him so he probably had some good reason to believe it could turn out good for him.

Your figures for salaries are outdated Boe, they are from the previous generations of the 60s, 70s, 80s. The market is swamped with graduates these days and the salaries they can command as a result are low because if it.

All this feminist being solely reliant on a man is a load of clap trap. The Male-Female symbiotic relationship doesn't work if one side says 'hey I don't trust you so I am going to do what you offer so then I am in a strong position' whether that be the women going after a career or the man learning to do all the housework. The very symbiotic relationship works because each side can offer sonething the other side needs. It needs that not feeling you can do it all to help hold the relationship together and make it work well, for most anyway though if course not always all.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
What are the divorce laws in Russia ?

If a women gets dumped by her Oligarch husband because he's found a younger,tighter,model can't she just take half his money/assets as women do in the UK/USA ?

If so ,Krims daughter marrying a wealthy Russian bloke could prove to be a better investment than getting her degree.

If the marriage works she'd have a nice life and if it doesn't she'd still have a nice life post-marriage.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:09:57 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Boethius

US, 2017

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-more-college-graduates-earn-than-non-graduates-in-every-state-2019-5

US, 2017, 2018, 2019

http://study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html

Canada, 2017

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/as-sa/98-200-x/2016024/98-200-x2016024-eng.cfm

UK, 2018

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/26/uk-data-on-england-graduates-and-salary-expectations.html

OECD -

http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=EAG_EARNINGS

As for "feminism", it's not feminism.  It's called "self preservation".  Women have always worked.  Modern societies just mean the method of work is different.  Women are not "taking jobs" from men.  Men with skills will always be welcome in the workforce.  If a woman is "displacing" a man, it's because she is doing the job better than he can.

You can come back and lecture me me about male-female relationships when you've had a successful relationship for 25 years or more.

Google was used for the above links.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Krim posts should be enjoyed with a dash of salt.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Your lack of understanding of the most basic of human relations is on display yet again. 

Mark Zuckerberg is another. Yet what lady would be interested in either Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates if they had not 'made it'. Both are geeks, and geeks are usually a turn off for girls, yet rich geeks not so. In the film the 'Social Network' we see the (lack off) ability of Mark Zuckerberg to get on with women and the poor way he can treat people and how badly that comes over, yet he got rich and then had no problems finding a woman, lol.

In truth yes compared to the vast bulk of general society they are 'outliers' as you call them. Most people won't do or see what they could be much better if in or have the ability to or find themselves in a place to do so. Yet it remains the case that many people out there could be better off skipping uni and most of them are women since they can marry into what they seek or better, including or excluding how they feel about the guy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:51:00 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
http://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/nearly-6000-deaths-care-homes-new-figures-reveal-12655146/

For any UK citizen still suggesting 'herd immunity' ..is 'the way to go..

The UK now has more deaths due to this virus than Italy...

'We' have it spread across the nation, unlike Italy in concentrated hot spots.

Offline Boethius

Mark Zuckerberg is another. Yet what lady would be interested in either Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates if they had not 'made it'. Both are geeks, and geeks are usually a turn off for girls, yet rich geeks not so. In the film the 'Social Network' we see the (lack off) ability of Mark Zuckerberg to get on with women and the poor way he can treat people and how badly that comes over, yet he got rich and then had no problems finding a woman, lol.

In truth yes compared to the vast bulk of general society they are 'outliers' as you call them. Most people won't do or see what they could be much better if in or have the ability to or find themselves in a place to do so. Yet it remains the case that many people out there could be better off skipping uni and most of them are women since they can marry into what they seek or better, including or excluding how they feel about the guy.

None of which negates my statement. 

Nevertheless, for the record, Bill Gates starting dating his wife Melinda before Microsoft went public.  They got engaged a year after Microsoft's IPO, when its stock had crashed.  It took over 2 years for that price to recover.

Mark Zuckerberg met, and became coupled with his wife at a frat party a year before Facebook was even founded.

Based on the above, another fail for you.

Offline fathertime

I saw more effects yesterday of the corona virus.   I hadn't been about town for a spell but yesterday I had to do a few household errands.  I noticed supermarkets are low on products again, more people than ever are all 'gloved up'.   Had to wait in a line to get inside the food store..a lady in front of me politely asked me to step back to 6 feet, I think I was about 4 feet from her.    Plexiglas up everywhere now...Home Depot, Smart and Final, finally the front line employees can feel more protected.    I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be the way things are going to be going forward.   I hear when Vegas opens, they are going to allow 2 players per table and have plexiglas between players and dealer.    I can see doing all of this for the time being, although if this becomes the new way of life permanently it would be quite a change.  My own feeling is that the virus is not really stoppable and at some point it will need to be confronted by practically every individual.  On the other hand perhaps it is stoppable if society is willing to continue to live in this new weird way. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
None of which negates my statement. 

Nevertheless, for the record, Bill Gates starting dating his wife Melinda before Microsoft went public.  They got engaged a year after Microsoft's IPO, when its stock had crashed.  It took over 2 years for that price to recover.

Mark Zuckerberg met, and became coupled with his wife at a frat party a year before Facebook was even founded.

Based on the above, another fail for you.

Ok, let's try and enlighten you another way. Arnold Schwarzenegger says he doesn't like Plan B, he just doesn't do it or have one. For him there is only Plan A, because that way you are not wasting energy and resources on Plan B and are more committed to Plan A as there is no Plan B. I see this as a good way forward, you are suggesting Boe that Krim's daughter potentially sacrifice the Moscow relationship/marriage in favour of getting a back up Plan B sorted first and then hope the Plan A is still there at the end of it or another suitable alternative, that to my mind is just plain crazy!

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
Plan A is the education and self sufficiency.

Plan B is maybe pursuing her passion, like painting or medieval french poetry.

Plan C is probably travelling and having fun.

Plan ZZZZZZZ is marrying some russian mobster boris and forced to live in hideout near Moscow to please your father.

Trench...you are crazy.  Batsh*te insane.  I give you credit for being a mammal, and that's about it.

Offline BillyB

a lady in front of me politely asked me to step back to 6 feet, I think I was about 4 feet from her. 

In today's world, getting within 4 feet of a woman can be considered sexual assault! Keep your distance big boy.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
In today's world, getting within 4 feet of a woman can be considered sexual assault! Keep your distance big boy.

Only if you're a Republican. fathertime is a (CCP) Chinese in a Democrat suit...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

AOC's district is the worst hit district in America. Residents of the neighborhoods of Corona and North Corona in her district have had more coronavirus cases than any ZIP code in the country. The solution here is for those neighborhoods to change their names.

http://news.yahoo.com/aoc-existential-crises-her-district-184508593.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

Plan A is the education and self sufficiency.

Plan B is maybe pursuing her passion, like painting or medieval french poetry.

Plan C is probably travelling and having fun.

Plan ZZZZZZZ is marrying some russian mobster boris and forced to live in hideout near Moscow to please your father.

Trench...you are crazy.  Batsh*te insane.  I give you credit for being a mammal, and that's about it.

👏👏👏👏

I was going to respond, but this response is perfect.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:03:45 PM by Boethius »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
my daughters have put their univ education on "pause"...
they both know they don't NEED an education the way most people do...
they can afford to wait
they found stuff to do in Russia, and I've left them each a trust fund
and men who I trust to look after them
there isn't going to be a normal world in the future
normal rules won't apply to an abnormal word
even they get it...

my future is less certain
on one hand I'm being offered AMAZING deals in Russia, I mean mind boggling amazing
but OTOH, I don't want to live there
my kids handle it much better than me, they're both happier there than in the USA
once I make sure they're setup, then I head back to my bunker in the USA
and continue preparing myself
for next year's onslaught after the collapse-alypse

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:24:00 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
my daughters have put their univ education on "pause"...
they both know they don't NEED an education the way most people do...
they can afford to wait
they found stuff to do in Russia, and I've left them each a trust fund
and men who I trust to look after them
there isn't going to be a normal world in the future
normal rules won't apply to an abnormal word
even they get it...

my future is less certain
on one hand I'm being offered AMAZING deals in Russia, I mean mind boggling amazing
but OTOH, I don't want to live there
my kids handle it much better than me, they're both happier there than in the USA
once I make sure they're setup, then I head back to my bunker in the USA
and continue preparing myself
for next year's onslaught after the collapse-alypse

Exactly!

If things hit the sh*t over here I'll bunker down with Moby, he's just down the road from me and I know he would be overjoyed to see me. Fresh milk each morning straight from the Moobs! :D

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
New York----It is safer to sleep on the street than in a nursing home....
Coronavirus News: More than 1,700 previously undisclosed deaths at NY nursing homes
ALBANY,  New York (WABC) -- New York state is reporting more than 1,700 previously undisclosed deaths at nursing homes and adult care facilities as the state faces scrutiny over how it has protected vulnerable residents during the coronavirus pandemic.

At least 4,813 people have died from COVID-19 in the state's nursing homes since March 1, according to a tally released by Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration late Monday that, for the first time, includes people believed to have been killed by the coronavirus before their diagnoses could be confirmed by a lab test.

Exactly how many nursing home residents have died remains uncertain despite the state's latest disclosure, as the list doesn't nursing home residents who were transferred to hospitals before dying.

The revised list shows that 22 nursing homes, largely in New York City and Long Island, have reported at least 40 deaths.
http://abc7ny.com/health/more-previously-undisclosed-deaths-now-reported-at-ny-nursing-homes/6153135/
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
On Monday morning, the White House economic adviser Kevin Hassett warned the second quarter could reflect a 20 to 30 percent decline - something that has not been seen since the 1930s Great Depression.

so this week, the white house announced up to a 30% drop in GDP is expected by the end of next month!!!
and this is the optimistic version!!!!

are you guys getting a handle now on understanding it?

Offline BillyB

Russian doctors who complain about the lack of PPE and support in the fight against the virus have acquired the same habit as Russian journalists falling out of windows. The third Russian doctor to fall out of a window within two weeks is in critical condition with a skull fracture. The other two died.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/05/04/third-russian-doctor-falls-from-hospital-window-after-coronavirus-complaint-a70176

Offline calmissile

Interesting how many people tied to Russians "FALL out of windows".
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Faux Pas

are you guys getting a handle now on understanding it?

No but our drugs aren't as good as yours brah

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541463
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3136