It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Confused?  (Read 29343 times)

Offline SurgeonInWater

Confused?
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »
Hello All,

A little about me: I wrapped up a residency in ophthalmology here in the U.S and have had my private practice for about a year now. I finally make enough money to support someone other than myself and am definitely ready to find a companion in my life.

Having said that, I will tell you why I am looking abroad for marriage prospects- I am tired of the AW and her ways. Maybe its just the ones I've met- but all of them have been absolute nightmares and have left me worse for wear. Maybe it was because I was in medical school at the time and could not devote enough time to the relationship- but nevertheless, it was a bad time all around.

I know Russian Women like educated, rich and handsome men just like any other race of women- but what I am confused about is this: do they have a specific racial preference?
I say that because I have gotten conflicting opinions about this by reading this forum- some say Russians are bigots, others say Russians are open minded- of course each woman is different- but what is the deal here?

EDIT: I am an Indian originally from India and look like this:

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/image-popup.php?news_id=2950&img=a

I am a porcelain skinned North Indian myself- I was born and raised in the United States- I think most people don't know that some Indians are fairer than most White people! But even so, is race an issue for Russian women? I was browsing Elena's models and most of them say White/European in their "looking for" section- is this out of ignorance or the common belief that Indians are dark (not that that should matter) and they want someone fair or is out of bigotry/narrow mindedness? I should add that I have had little trouble dating interracially in the U.S.A. I am looking for good-fluent English proficiency, as well as certain other attributes, such as a minimum of a college/university degree. I am willing to become fluent in Russian provided I find the right person- I speak multiple languages and can become fluent in a new one in two years.

I am hoping that Good looking, successful men of any race have a chance- especially after seeing some fat, worse for wear, unsuccessful white men being married to young, beautiful russian women- a sad sight indeed. Constructive answers are appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:27:49 AM by SurgeonInWater »

Offline acctBill

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Confused?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:29:04 PM »
SurgeonInWater problems of race can be a problem in the FSU.  They are far more blunt about the topic than in the west.  Political correctness doesn't really exist in the FSU.  That being said Russia is a large country and has many ethnic minorities.  There are RW who will see a young, educated man with excellent career potential and think that he would make a good husband and provider especially if he is willing to learn Russian.   

If you are looking for an educated RW who has good English language skills that will mean looking in the large cities.  Moscow and St. Pete are the most obvious choices but you will require a visa to travel to Russia.  Travel to Ukraine doesn't require a visa so many guys like to go there to places like Kiev or Odessa.  There are many members on RWD who can answers any questions you have about Ukraine. 

If you want to try a little farther from home places like Kazakhstan would open up a new world to you.  Many different ethnic groups there but of course then there is the problem with religion being one of the 'stans.  Just remember there are many FSUW who will see an American doctor has a way to the good life in American instead of thinking of marriage and a family. 

Have any more questions just ask.

Edit: I just want to add that interracial dating even in cities like Moscow doesn't exist at anywhere close to the levels in the US or Europe. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:42:01 PM by acctBill »

Offline I/O

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:38 AM »
Can-o-worms indeed. Generally, Russians are far more racist and vocal about it than are most other Caucasians however, I am aware of more than handful of of RW married to Vietnamese and other races so it is not mutually exclusive so to say.

I tend to disagree with the above poster in one respect although I also would advise seeking out St P and Moscow first up. I've generally noticed the Moscow girls who are most interested in international marriage are not always the best educated samples. Not lowly but not the best. Nevertheless, a city of 13 million will naturally have many choices and by the same token, I know one Moscow Lass married internationally who is educated and an absolute delight.

I'm not advocating the boondocks but I've noticed a fairly decent standard of education and manners among a number of women from the larger provincial cities. The reasons may be varied but I tender one thought and that is, for the modern young woman, a little more effort may potentially be necessary to gain an ability to compete if necessary, both socially and economically. 

Given you education and profession, a well constructed profile on a website coupled with sensible filtering of responses is, IMO, likely to produce rewarding results. You'll not be flooded, in part because of race and in part because some will doubt your credentials (the usual over weight slobs you mention is all they are used to seeing so to say) but if you persist, undoubtedly some upwardly mobile, young and sophisticated Russian woman will be donning her best when you arrive for a meeting. ;D

Mrs I/O has a friend here from Bangladesh, she speaks fluent Russian, her husband (also from Bangladesh) is a distant colleague of mine, she studied at Moscow State Uni (as I understand) for 7 or more years, she is fluent in at least 4 languages that I am aware of. If and when I get an opportunity, I'll seek her opinion as I tend to think it would be quite enlightening for someone in your particular situation. When the system allows, send me a PM with an email and I'll try to connect some dots.

To be clear, I'm not about to sell you down the this-is-easy road. You'll run across all sorts of boorishness among Russian culture but it is a matter of playing to your strengths. Education, profession, personal grooming, manners and so forth. Hey Doc, you should be able to paint a fairly attractive picture. Bait the hook well. 8)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 04:30:29 AM by I/O »

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 05:29:03 AM »
I would pretty much agree with what acctBill has said.

Racism WILL be a problem in Ukraine and Russia, period.  At best maybe 12% of the women will be open to dating, being seen with, or marriage to a person of dark skin.

Some of the most prejudice women I have seen, as well acts of violence, have come from Moscow and St. Pete.  One might see a few more white women with dark men here but it would only be because of the populations of the cities, Moscow with 17 million if you count undocumented people, about 12 million documented, and St.Pete close to 5 million people.

If you are dark skinned you would have a better chance percentage wise going east, east of the Ural's, east of Novosibirsk.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 05:52:22 AM »
If you are dark skinned you would have a better chance percentage wise going east, east of the Ural's, east of Novosibirsk.

I am a porcelain skinned North Indian myself-

A little contempt prior to investigation Jack?.. LOL

Considering almost every RW I have known are fans of Indian films, I doubt there will be a problem.  I personally know a couple of mixed marriages in RU and have not noted deep signs of racism with anyone in the family or friends.

Like everywhere on earth, you'll always find that 10% are @ssholes and another 10% ignorant.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:29:50 AM »
Indian from India or Native American?

Regardless, you guys are missing the point (except BC). The man said he is lily-white. His concern is the kind of bigotry you find when you are treated like a dog because "you are not one of ours" even if he looks like "one of ours." You know, like an accent, or church preference, etc. At least, that's my take.

AND if that is the case, RWs would not be looking overseas if they felt that way. From my experiences, it has to do with looks rather than race. Meaning, if you are lily-white and can pass like a white American, you sould have no problems.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 07:29:26 AM »
Indian from India or Native American?

Regardless, you guys are missing the point (except BC). The man said he is lily-white. His concern is the kind of bigotry you find when you are treated like a dog because "you are not one of ours" even if he looks like "one of ours." You know, like an accent, or church preference, etc. At least, that's my take.

AND if that is the case, RWs would not be looking overseas if they felt that way. From my experiences, it has to do with looks rather than race. Meaning, if you are lily-white and can pass like a white American, you sould have no problems.

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:49 AM »
Surgeon, with your looks, you will have no trouble with women in any country of the world.

In fact, I might even like to date you.   8)   Could you buy me some new clothes?

Seriously though . . . have a go at the FSUW.  I think you will have zero problems.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

My wife immediately said митхун чак роборти

I wouldn't worry one bit. 

You might need a stick to beat back the crowd though.

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
My wife immediately said митхун чак роборти

I wouldn't worry one bit. 

You might need a stick to beat back the crowd though.

Sounds encouraging, although I am embarrassed to admit, I had to look up the gentleman you mentioned in your post- it seems I missed him by a generation or two. Regardless, this is good news indeed. I am hoping that it is the individual they are interested in, not their race, but I am sure that good looks don't hurt either  ;D Are there any success stories of interracial marriages on this forum? Or for that matter any Indian men that have any insights? Perhaps members have friends that can offer the same?

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
....I am a porcelain skinned North Indian myself- I was born and raised in the United States- I think most people don't know that some Indians are fairer than most White people! But even so, is race an issue for Russian women? I was browsing Elena's models and most of them say White/European in their "looking for" section- is this out of ignorance or the common belief that Indians are dark (not that that should matter) and they want someone fair or is out of bigotry/narrow mindedness? I should add that I have had little trouble dating interracially in the U.S.A. I am looking for good-fluent English proficiency, as well as certain other attributes, such as a minimum of a college/university degree......
Well, I am left to assume that an otherwise intelligent, handsome, successful man as you, who neither has trouble dating interracially IN the US and havd done extensively so before, will and can easily see the logic in staying home and search. There would not be any reason for you to go through the rigors of LDR, or more pointedly, import a wife when there's a small nation of Slavic women likely where you are...

Use the Mamba network and just log in your city. There should be a good number on FSUW living near you if you are within a metropolis proper.

....I am hoping that Good looking, successful men of any race have a chance- especially after seeing some fat, worse for wear, unsuccessful white men being married to young, beautiful russian women- a sad sight indeed.

LOL! You just insulted a healthy number of the men you're hoping to get advice from. Had I been a fat, an unsuccessful white man married to a PYT I would have told you to take a long nightly stroll along the streets of St Pete. That would be a pretty sight indeed.

Constructive answers are appreciated.

Here's one. Racism is a double-edged sword. Prejudicial disposition is a prime component of racism...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:26:52 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »
Yes, the FSU is more racially conscious and prone to stereotypical bigotry than you might find comfortable.

That said, if you are being honest in your presentation of yourself, keep your radar turned on, filter women's responses looking for love rather than infatuation with your earnings potential and passport to a new lifestyle then things should be fine in the long run.

I'm not so sure what you are doing though. You sound a bit more like a trophy-hunter than a man looking for a loving wife to share a life-long relationship with you.

Regardless, if you are serious about this, read the threads, take the Commandments to heart and ask questions as they occur to you.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
Well, I am left to assume that an otherwise intelligent, handsome, successful man as you, who neither has trouble dating interracially IN the US and havd done extensively so before, will and can easily see the logic in staying home and search. There would not be any reason for you to go through the rigors of LDR, or more pointedly, import a wife when there's a small nation of Slavic women likely where you are...

Use the Mamba network and just log in your city. There should be a good number on FSUW living near you if you are within a metropolis proper.

LOL! You just insulted a healthy number of the men you're hoping to get advice from. Had I been a fat, an unsuccessful white man married to a PYT I would have told you to take a long nightly stroll along the streets of St Pete. That would be a pretty sight indeed.

Here's one. Racism is a double-edged sword. Prejudicial disposition is a prime component of racism...

Why would I be on this website if I had no trouble finding a LTR with an American woman? You clearly did not read my post thoroughly! As for "a small nation of Slavic women likely where you are"- I don't recall there being any such thing where I live- and even if such a place did exist- these women would be as Russian as a third generation Russian in the U.S is- that is, just like an American woman.

As for my "insult"- it was anything but- it was merely an attempt to highlight what is popularly portrayed among AM-RW couples- as was highlighted on a Nightline special just last week- and to therefore expand upon the original question I had- if race is some important that they are willing to settle down with men old enough to be their grandfathers- then I am obviously not going to be successful there!

Your post is quite hostile- I am sensing underpinnings of jealousy. I asked for constructive responses, not critiques of my semantics, thank you.

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
Yes, the FSU is more racially conscious and prone to stereotypical bigotry than you might find comfortable.

That said, if you are being honest in your presentation of yourself, keep your radar turned on, filter women's responses looking for love rather than infatuation with your earnings potential and passport to a new lifestyle then things should be fine in the long run.

I'm not so sure what you are doing though. You sound a bit more like a trophy-hunter than a man looking for a loving wife to share a life-long relationship with you.

Regardless, if you are serious about this, read the threads, take the Commandments to heart and ask questions as they occur to you.

Well if wanting a well educated, English speaking Russian woman in my age group (32) means I am "hunting for a trophy" then so be it- Intellectual compatibility is more important than anything in a relationship- because the mind lasts throughout the lifetime of an individual- but the superficial beauty lasts only for the first 1/4 of the relationship at best. I am not saying looks dont matter- but having family values, a sense of pride, education and morals matter as well.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:36 AM »
As you say, so be it then.

Most people looking for real love are prepared to find it wherever it happens upon them without any particular regard to ethnicity or geographic location.

You are becoming defensive (previous posts) and your "constructive comments only" attitude is a bit indicative that you aren't really looking for information unless it agrees with your preconceptions.

Many here will tell you that the whole family values, education and morals bit is purely myth. Of course, there are a couple who will feed your ego and "hunter" mentality (if it exists) with statements that bolster your fantasy.

If you are honest and patient, you can find the FSUW of your dreams.

Best of luck to you if you deserve it!
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »

Why would I be on this website if I had no trouble finding a LTR with an American woman? You clearly did not read my post thoroughly!

LOL! For someone who read things 'clearly', please note: LDR = Long Distance Relationship.

...As for "a small nation of Slavic women likely where you are"- I don't recall there being any such thing where I live- and even if such a place did exist- these women would be as Russian as a third generation Russian in the U.S is- that is, just like an American woman....

Did you even try what I told you first? likely 'no'..FYI, there's a large number of immigrants, students, recently-divorced FSUW looking for Mr. Right in a neighborhood near you. Now, they won't be as easy as fishing from a barrel but that's really not your concern, right?...
...As for my "insult"- it was anything but-

Okay. We can just agree to disagree then.

...it was merely an attempt to highlight what is popularly portrayed among AM-RW couples- as was highlighted on a Nightline special just last week- and to therefore expand upon the original question I had

Are you talking about cute, lovable Joe shucked by Alla? Or that poor Home Depot guy who bought a ring for that gal? Nope, neither one appear fat to me despite folks saying people will look 20 lbs heavier on TV...so try again.

Anyway, take my post as 'merely highlighting' what I noted in your tone.

...if race is some important that they are willing to settle down with men old enough to be their grandfathers- then I am obviously not going to be successful there!

The fact is, to many, the answer is 'YES'. The percentage is irrelevant. The odds are already against you. Now, for the FSUW who already are living here, especially those who's been here awhile, the chances are better since there would have been a bit of exposure and 'saturation' in their psyche...You can believe me or not, agree with me or not, it matters little because a fact is a fact.

...Your post is quite hostile- I am sensing underpinnings of jealousy. I asked for constructive responses, not critiques of my semantics

You think so? Are you sure you're not just 'projecting'? Would you have rather I prefaced every sentence with either a 'sir' or a 'dude'? LOL, The 'underpinnings of jealousy' had me in stitches however. Give me a minute and kick the neighbor's dog.....there, I feel better now. 

To some critique IS constructive.  ;)   

, thank you.

You're welcome!
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 10:50:52 AM »

LOL! For someone who read things 'clearly', please note: LDR = Long Distance Relationship.

Did you even try what I told you first? likely 'no'..FYI, there's a large number of immigrants, students, recently-divorced FSUW looking for Mr. Right in a neighborhood near you. Now, they won't be as easy as fishing from a barrel but that's really not your concern, right?...
Okay. We can just agree to disagree then.

Are you talking about cute, lovable Joe shucked by Alla? Or that poor Home Depot guy who bought a ring for that gal? Nope, neither one appear fat to me despite folks saying people will look 20 lbs heavier on TV...so try again.

Anyway, take my post as 'merely highlighting' what I noted in your tone.

The fact is, to many, the answer is 'YES'. The percentage is irrelevant. The odds are already against you. Now, for the FSUW who already are living here, especially those who's been here awhile, the chances are better since there would have been a bit of exposure and 'saturation' in their psyche...You can believe me or not, agree with me or not, it matters little because a fact is a fact.

You think so? Are you sure you're not just 'projecting'? Would you have rather I prefaced every sentence with either a 'sir' or a 'dude'? LOL, The 'underpinnings of jealousy' had me in stitches however. Give me a minute and kick the neighbor's dog.....there, I feel better now. 

To some critique IS constructive.  ;)   

You're welcome!

Since you're being nitpicky- note that I mentioned in my original post that my experiences dating American women have been anything but dreams- they have been absolute nightmares. Yet, in your first post you claim:

"Well, I am left to assume that an otherwise intelligent, handsome, successful man as you, who neither has trouble dating interracially IN the US and havd done extensively so before, will and can easily see the logic in staying home and search. There would not be any reason for you to go through the rigors of LDR, or more pointedly, import a wife when there's a small nation of Slavic women likely where you are..."

I dont see the logic- not after what I've been through! I have no idea where you brought up the whole LDR vs LTR thing- clearly you care about semantics too much and misunderstood again.

As for:

"Did you even try what I told you first? likely 'no'..FYI, there's a large number of immigrants, students, recently-divorced FSUW looking for Mr. Right in a neighborhood near you. Now, they won't be as easy as fishing from a barrel but that's really not your concern, right?..."

That was pretty distasteful, and in my opinion, confirms my original suspicions. I am not looking for advise on how to date women, whether they be immigrants students or recently divorced in my area, am I? Why should I bother following through with this? What makes you think I am "fishing" for women? And how do you know for a fact that there are such women in my neighborhood? That is certainly not a provable fact.

"Are you talking about cute, lovable Joe shucked by Alla? Or that poor Home Depot guy who bought a ring for that gal? Nope, neither one appear fat to me despite folks saying people will look 20 lbs heavier on TV...so try again.

Anyway, take my post as 'merely highlighting' what I noted in your tone."

Sure, they might not be "fat" but again- you are being too nitpicky and you missed the overall point- the TV special was only a taste of what has been widely circulating on the net and in the media now regarding the popular portrayal of AM-RW- and in the majority of circumstances- the media highlights just how unequal the marriage is- whether it is age, looks, weight, or success- the fact is it is usually not an equal exchange, in the view of the media. And BTW, what is funny is that you only confirm this view by implying that most men fit the "insult" I stated by saying this:

"LOL! You just insulted a healthy number of the men you're hoping to get advice from. Had I been a fat, an unsuccessful white man married to a PYT I would have told you to take a long nightly stroll along the streets of St Pete. That would be a pretty sight indeed."

And finally:

"The fact is, to many, the answer is 'YES'. The percentage is irrelevant. The odds are already against you. Now, for the FSUW who already are living here, especially those who's been here awhile, the chances are better since there would have been a bit of exposure and 'saturation' in their psyche...You can believe me or not, agree with me or not, it matters little because a fact is a fact."

Are you saying that you are the sole authority on the preferences of FSUW and that it is a scientifically provable fact that FSUW will marry a grandfather age, unsuccessful out of shape man just because he is white over a much younger, better looking and more successful man? And how can you speak for the FSUW who are already living here and what exactly do you mean by "saturation in their psyche" - again, this only makes me further doubt your claims. Do you have a source/citation to back up this "fact"?

I think I may have touched a nerve when I said the "old, fat, unsuccessful" thing back in my original post- but again, it was not an insult, and it should not be used as a springboard to remove from the original point of this discussion- let keep it civil and happy.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:09:39 AM by SurgeonInWater »

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »
Surgeon, Have you ruled out pursuing and marrying a woman from India?  And if so, why?

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »
Surgeon, Have you ruled out pursuing and marrying a woman from India?  And if so, why?

I haven't ruled it out- I am just looking to see what's out there- more options are always better. I don't want to settle down with someone and later regret not seeing all possible options. I like stability- divorce is not something I would want, due to whatever reason, whether that may be regret, doubt, etc.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
Man! This thread is appropriately titled!

Since you're being nitpicky- note that I mentioned in my original post that my experiences dating American women have been anything but dreams- they have been absolute nightmares.

Staying 'home and search' as in *staying home and searching* FOR FSUW already living here.  ::)  Is that really difficult to understand?

...Blah, blah, blah.... Are you saying that you are the sole authority on the preferences of FSUW and that it is a scientifically provable fact that FSUW will marry a grandfather age, unsuccessful out of shape man just because he is white over a much younger, better looking and more successful man? And how can you speak for the FSUW who are already living here and what exactly do you mean by "saturation in their psyche" - again, this only makes me further doubt your claims. Do you have a source/citation to back up this "fact"?

LOL.  :wallbash:  You unravel too easily. Is the one below good enough for you?

...the TV special was *only a taste* of what has been widely circulating on the net and in the media now regarding the popular portrayal of AM-RW- and in the majority of circumstances- the media highlights just how unequal the marriage is- whether it is age, looks, weight, or success- the fact is it is usually not an equal exchange, in the view of the media.

I prefaced my sentence with..."The fact is, to many, the answer is 'YES'.." Now which part of that you want me to prove or a citation on to which you, yourself already recognized.

Anyway, yeah, let's kick out the semantics and get on with it...Let me make you feel so much better and tell you what you *really* wanted to hear in the first place...

Sir/Dude: The only reason why it appears as though such fine maiden marry unto white men of advanced ages and/or disadvantaged social status - so unlike yourself, if I may say so - is simply because they're, well, they're not you. (LOL). Go to Russia, dude. Sexy Olgas will be trippjng over each other for you...

There, is that constructive enough?

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:47:21 AM »

Sir/Dude: The only reason why it appears as though such fine maiden marry unto white men of advanced ages and/or disadvantaged social status - so unlike yourself, if I may say so - is simply because they're, well, they're not you. (LOL). Go to Russia, dude. Sexy Olgas will be trippjng over each other for you...

There, is that constructive enough?
[/quote]

I dont even know why I am bothering with this reply, but just to humor you, I will.

"Staying 'home and search' as in *staying home and searching* FOR FSUW already living here.  ::)  Is that really difficult to understand?"

FSUW living here? Here we go again. Lets just say that they are American as far as I am concerned- and I am not bothering with such women. Last time I checked most men on this site were looking for women overseas- not in their own neighborhood. So thanks, but no thanks. Its certainly not difficult to understand, not for someone as educated as myself, thank you. That is a moot and completely different point.

"Now which part of that you want me to prove or a citation on to which you, yourself already recognized."

Every part- where do I claim that this is a fact? Yet you claim, that without exception, it is a fact that FSUW prefer a certain type of man. Such a bold claim needs citations and a scientific study to back it up. Show me one and I'll duly agree. You are twisting my own words for lack of evidence to back up your claims- my claim was to illustrate that most of these relationships are portrayed as unequal- they did not make any mention to the success rate of these relationships- and hence, they make no reference to the "fact" that FSUW actually prefer such men. They might, but this is not a fact, because no one can know for sure.

I understand you have an opinion, but to go around shouting facts and giving unwarranted advice without a shred of evidence to back up your claims is ignorant.

As far as your last bit of immature drivel, thanks, but not thanks. I need constructive comments and opinions, not falsified "facts" and useless advice, nor do I need sycophantic praise from strangers on the internet. Sheesh.

Offline BC

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »

FSUW living here? Here we go again. Lets just say that they are American as far as I am concerned- and I am not bothering with such women. Last time I checked most men on this site were looking for women overseas- not in their own neighborhood. So thanks, but no thanks. Its certainly not difficult to understand, not for someone as educated as myself, thank you. That is a moot and completely different point.

Doc,

You're not DOA, so that's a big plus.  I kinda like it.

May sound like a turn-off so far, but hang in there, you'll do just fine.

There are some gems already on this thread and you and GQ bring one up.

I see RW already in the US as a hint of WYSIWYG.. in other words that traditional woman is such in her own world and will not necessarily stay the same in another world.

As a first effort, dating some RW already in the US may give you a taste as to what to look for in the future, and what to look out for.

Find the gems..

Offline Jumper

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
Are there any success stories of interracial marriages on this forum?

Yes, there have been examples.
Particularly of married black /white couples, and I'm sure of many other mixed ethinicities.

You *may* even be debating with a few ?
Think about it ;)

Yes, I think overall you would see  racism in the FSU.

I doubt it would effect your personal pursuit much,
there are plenty of FSUW that would be interested.

As mentioned , there should be some in your area (if metropoliton?)

To base not looking into that, off thinking  they would be too "americanized" is a very short term outlook ?

Any RW you ultimately married and bring here,
 will fairly quickly  adapt to her new surroundings ,
to the degre  her own individuality dictates.

This is ultimately the same as the individuals adapted
that are already here, and you'd already know that level.
That seems a  positive in your defined search.

For what it's worth there are at least 250,000 RW in my area..
and it isn't hard to line up dates off the websites mentioned.
At least it would give you a taste of RW ,and how they generally  adapt to a western life?

You can just go jump in the deep end of the pool, thats fine too? It's obvious you can swim.

If there are local RW (which is likely) it just seems easy to meander into the shallows first, to see if you even actuslly like the water.

I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive,
rather they were poinrting out something they thought might be an interesting and easier alternative to get your feet wet.

I certainly think you would do well in the FSU..
you are in a position to attract a lot of interest anywhere.
Don't count on the stereotypes of either Amnerican women,  or RW to be very accurate though, afterall you would be marrying one individual.. not a generality.

The big question is whether finding a gem of an individual for you (and you for her) is relatively more likely in another country.
While the FSU has its fair share of racism, I really doubt your ethinic background would matter in this *likelyhood*.

Offline SurgeonInWater

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
Doc,

You're not DOA, so that's a big plus.  I kinda like it.

May sound like a turn-off so far, but hang in there, you'll do just fine.

There are some gems already on this thread and you and GQ bring one up.

I see RW already in the US as a hint of WYSIWYG.. in other words that traditional woman is such in her own world and will not necessarily stay the same in another world.

As a first effort, dating some RW already in the US may give you a taste as to what to look for in the future, and what to look out for.

Find the gems..

Thanks BC..I have developed a relatively thick skin over the years in residency- needless to say I endured all kinds of critiques, both constructive and not. Its expected though, when you have a human life in your hands  ;)

I am not avert to the fact that dating local FSU women sounds like a good idea- its just that where I live, I do not see that working due to many reasons and I am more interested in seeking someone from abroad. I have a lot of Russian friends here in the US, both male and female, but I am not attracted to them in an intimate way- which is why I am looking elsewhere.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »
BC, thanks for toning it down a little.

Regarding the FSUW here in the US, I hate to tell you that what I've seen here in my area are damaged goods. Not saying all are like that. Of course, there are always the exceptions.

Doc. There are plenty well educated R/UW that are willing to marry a foreigner. There are plenty in the medical field and you'd be surprised what a plus that would be. My wife and I are also in the medical field; she's a pediatrician and I'm a toxicologist. We sort of speak a similar language which kind of helped us in our relationship. What really helped us was that we were able to talk to each other and understand EXACTLY what was said. That we understood what we were saying is another story. You state you are 32. Boy, I'd love to be in you shoes. There many (tons) of ladies out there that would jump at a chance with you. Try not to go for the too young. Anyway, you'll be fine.

Hang around and relax. Many newbies had been adviced to develop a thick skin, and you are no exception. Those who did are still asking questions and getting more info than what they would get by themselves.

Wish you luck.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541556
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1832
Most Online Ever: 12701