It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is this normal for Russian Women?  (Read 27388 times)

Offline Geoffrey D

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Is this normal for Russian Women?
« on: October 12, 2017, 11:25:33 PM »
....or did I get really lucky.

I met a beautiful 29 year old Russian girl on Sept 11....(32 days ago) online. (My email was available somehow though a dating website)

She lives in the tiny village of Maza... 200 km north of Nizyny Novgorod. She was an orphan and grew up in a children's community. Other than 5 years of college, she has lived in Maza her entire life. She is a nurse and actually works in the same hospital she was born in.

This town has very little communication with the outside world. No Mobil service or in home internet.

After work she rushes to the internet cafe and emails me. This all the communication we've had in 4 plus weeks. Daily emails.

I think she is starving for love...(which I will give her). We talked about past relationships, and she says she had a boyfriend in boarding school but he went to the army and never returned. And she had a boyfriend a short time in college...and didn't really like him that much.

That's it. I don't think she's been touched by a man in 7 years or more. Could this orphaned village girl possibly be a virgin at 29?

She is by far the most romantic woman I've ever met and so sweet and innocent

She does have TV and influences her differently than us. She actually begged that I wouldn't make her sell herself.as a prostitute.
 Another email she pleaded that I won't leave her at the airport.

So innocent. This girl is really quite special.

Well to make a long story somewhat shorter, this girl is dead set on coming to California and living her life with me. She has already bussed to the city twice to see about visas, and passport. And talked to a travel agent.

Niether one of us can currently afford all the expenses involved so she tells me yesterday that she is selling everything she has that isn't important.

She also mentioned she talked to a realtor about selling her room.....what does this mean? She writes very good English most of the time, but like all forieners learning English, she mixes words up occasionally and I wonder if she really meant to say she was selling her house....not just a room

In russia, do you not rent a room but instead actually own it? Interesting.

Now comes the biggest condundrum..... She is 29....I am 58.

I've sent her all my old man photos, and it doesn't matter.

She says most  people in her region don't consider age in relationship. I guess age is irrelevant to her.

But she says I give her sensations she's never felt before, and can't sleep and is constantly thinking about me.

She is definitely in love and she is definitely coming here.

What do you folks make of this whole thing?

I'm exactly twice her age. Does this have any chance of actually working and being happily married....I know I'll be happy....
. I wonder about her in 15 years

Is this a blueprint for disaster or can a young Russian lady really be happy with such an age gap.

She says things to me, I've never heard anyone say. She is so romantic and tells me daily how she imagines my hugs and kisses and how she wants to wake up in my arms every morning.

Incredible stuff. And we've never even heard each other's voices.

Any comments would be welcomed. Thanx

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:33:07 PM by Geoffrey D »

Offline Mappy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Is this normal for Russian Women?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:53:12 PM »
This sounds like a scam.  It has most of the classic signs, and if so a request for funding is surely imminent.  She isn't *definitely* doing anything, based solely on email correspondence, but is most likely getting you well hooked in readiness for the sting.  The fact that your correspondence appears personal is no longer any indication this isn't a scam.  My own experience is in the intro forum.

At the very least, you need to check the header of the email and run an IP check, and run the photos, phone number and any unusual sentences in her first few emails through Google.

Did you offer to go to Russia to meet?  If she turned you down that is a huge flag.  The chances of *her* getting a visa on her own are slim.

In no circumstances send any money to someone you haven't met.  Read up on how the scams typically work - there is info on this site and tons more on the internet (focus on the more recent stuff, as the scams are more bespoke than they used to be), which will save you from an humiliating and expensive disaster.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:18:28 AM by Mappy »

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:41 AM »

This town has very little communication with the outside world. No Mobil service or in home internet.

After work she rushes to the internet cafe and emails me. This all the communication we've had in 4 plus weeks. Daily emails.

Oh really? At 29 years of age, she can't get herself a very cheap mobile or landline service? One wonders where the internet cafe gets their internet from. And where does she get her photos taken? Friend's camera? Friend's laptop? :-\

I think she is starving for love...(which I will give her). We talked about past relationships, and she says she had a boyfriend in boarding school but he went to the army and never returned. And she had a boyfriend a short time in college...and didn't really like him that much.

No, good girls do not starve for love, they demand "respect". Also, if she is any attractive at all, she is bound to have hundreds of guys, local and foreign, eagerly waiting to give her some attention and love.

That's it. I don't think she's been touched by a man in 7 years or more. Could this orphaned village girl possibly be a virgin at 29?

Hold your horses mate. You are not even sure yet whether she is real at this stage.

She actually begged that I wouldn't make her sell herself.as a prostitute. Another email she pleaded that I won't leave her at the airport.

A girl with honest intentions, I think,  would not even talk about prostitution in the first place. Seriously, EVEN IF she is real, would you actually want to marry an insecure, low self-esteem lass? If she is afraid of even appearing at the airport, how would she fare in another foreign country? Your choice of course.

Niether one of us can currently afford all the expenses involved so she tells me yesterday that she is selling everything she has that isn't important. She also mentioned she talked to a realtor about selling her room.....what does this mean?

But she says I give her sensations she's never felt before, and can't sleep and is constantly thinking about me.

As you said. You have never gotten her phone number yet. You haven't even heard her voice yet. You don't know where she lives for certain. And yet she has "fallen deeply in love" and "she says I give her sensations she's never felt before". And now she is considering selling her shelter "a room?"

All in one month too! Feels like a fast-track Romantic graphic novel  :popcorn:

How do you really know she is in love, when you have not even had any phone calls yet?  :-\

So many things scream SCAM! Start putting your thinking cap on and stop looking at them beautiful pictures  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:53:43 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:16 AM »
Pretty sure there is no scam working here  (plus I am a master at baiting the scammers. Had lots of practice with a swarm of Ghanian beauties that flooded hangouts and my email account for months recently)

Her first trip into the city looking for info on what is involved for a Russian to come  to the US she found out how difficult and time consuming it is to  get a US visa. Plus she said she was in shock how costly it is.. she came back to her little village heart broken and in tears thinking it would be impossible to ever see each other.

I told her (and I was dead serious) if she can't get to the US, then I will come to her and live with her in her tiny little village.

She loved that idea. And started telling me that I'll probably have to land in Moscow, get to Nizhny Novgorod and she'll meet me there. Was clearly excited.

When I found out it's just as hard for me to get into Russia as it is for her to get in US...we decided winter weather in California is slightly better than living in a place that has permanent snow on the  ground for 5 straight months.

Plus in California, as a full fledged nurse she'll earn between 65- 100 grand per year. A little bit better wages than Maza.

Scam is the least of my concerns.

I'm just worried about her coming here and then having regrets about it.

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
Pretty sure there is no scam working here  (plus I am a master at baiting the scammers. Had lots of practice with a swarm of Ghanian beauties that flooded hangouts and my email account for months recently)

I think it's fair to say only you know your situation with your girl best. Just be careful. Do update us as you go along. I'm sure most of us would love to hear more about your adventure. :popcorn:
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »
If you do some research on Maza, you'll surely  find out that the closest town is over 200 km away and nothing but thick forest in between. The only communications are through satellite dishes.

I always recognize scam ...Everytime... and this is nothing close to that.

Plus if it costs me exactly zero dollars to met and greet her, how am getting scammed exactly?

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »

Plus if it costs me exactly zero dollars to met and greet her, how am getting scammed exactly?

Indeed, what is there to lose if it costs nothing? Only a little time I suppose. So, she started thinking of going to California after you cancelled your plans for a trip to Russia?
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Mappy

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:21:11 AM »
Geoffrey, you are not thinking straight.

Of course, we can't know for sure.  But almost everything you have posted screams scam to me.  Based on my very recent experience and a lot of reading.

Seriously, pull up the email header and run it through one of the free IP checkers on the internet.  And run some Google checks.  Probably the reason you are getting once daily emails (like I was) is that this is being run from an office hiding behind a VPN, with someone responding to the email from each potential mark daily.

Actually, it's fairly easy for you to travel to Russia (your apprehension aside - and hers should be much greater than yours) and almost impossible for her to do the reverse.  IMHO you are being set up for a last minute tap for funds which, given all her own 'sacrifices' which she has nicely told you all about, you will find very difficult to refuse.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:25:20 AM by Mappy »

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:26:50 AM »
Dude, you are clueless. You really truly believe good girls can't crave love?

Even the good girls that have never felt the touch of a man before.....or how about the lonely village girl that hasnt been with a man in 8 years.

No they don't need or crave love. Hell no. Remember, Russians are emotionless with no soul.

And your take on the prostitution thing is only the you see it. 99% if the world's population would not agree with that lame ass BS

What are you a man trying to give me a woman's perspective?

Save it for someone that values your wisdom as a woman

Offline Mappy

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:31:01 AM »
We are simply trying to protect you from an expensive humiliation.

$€£ millions are sent to Russia every year by men like us, seduced by photos and some very persuasive emails. 

The money is never seen again and the photos are stolen or contrived.

As I say, DYOR but for goodness go run some checks and searches - a better use of time on the net than simply posting here that you are *sure* everything is legit.

If you were so sure everything was as described and your life is heading for happy-ever-after, you wouldn't have hunted out this forum and asked for advice, right?  Like I did, just a few weeks ago, in a similar position to yours.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:38:32 AM by Mappy »

Offline Geoffrey D

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 01:38:47 AM »
Mappy, I really would like your input. what exactly screams of scam?

She has not asked for a dime. She knows I am broke and live in my Yukon 3 days a week. I told her early so she wouldn't get attached. I told her I am unemployed currently and barely survive day to day.

It doesn't faze her.

If I'm getting scammed.  God let me pray I get scammed more often

It's funny when people think they "can see all the signs" or smell a "scam".....when they have no clue of the history of the people involved. Nice try though

Offline Mappy

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 01:51:00 AM »
Geoffrey, at the end of the day it's your risk, your life and your money.

The warning signs I can see are:

- she contacted you out of the blue via a dating site
- the incredibility of the situation (thirty year age gap and your employment and financial circumstances)
- the unnatural once-daily nature of your correspondence (this was my big early flag)
- she is still of marriageable age in Russia
- you haven't spoken
- you haven't Skyped
- your conversation hasn't arrived at the easiest and far most suitable option for her of meeting first in Russia
- her proposal to come to you is simply incredible given the financial and visa obstacles she will face (this was my great big flag)
- the tale of personal sacrifice for her to make the trip sounds like the pre-work for a later request for your help.

If you do the checks I recommend - especially to find out where the emails are coming from, which is very easy (Google email header IP check), you may be able to add to the list.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 03:26:34 PM »
She knows I am broke and live in my Yukon 3 days a week. I told her early so she wouldn't get attached. I told her I am unemployed currently and barely survive day to day.

You shouldn't get involved with a lady overseas. It costs thousands to bring her over and do the paperwork to get her legal. If you can barely survive, you shouldn't be getting involved with any woman until you can fully support yourself. When I was a young boy, my mom asked me what I'm going to do when I grow up. I told her first I'm going to get married, then I'm going to buy a house and then get a job in that order. Looking back, that would be a dumb move if not impossible.

You spent a month talking to this lady. Why continue to waste time and wonder what this is all about?  Call her often. A scammer may be enthusiastic for a short time but if you're not putting out money, they will not enjoy your calls everyday for months. A woman that is into you will enjoy that daily call for many months.

I remember an FSU woman coming here sending $5000 to a man she thought she was in love with and who needed help. She was scammed. It's possible your lady is blindly in love because these things do happen. Truth is you've done nothing on your end to bring you and her closer. You're waiting for her to do all the work. There's really no reason for her to love or even like you but maybe God or a voice told her to pursue you and everything is going to be alright. First you need to figure out if this girl is real and you're not trading love letters with hairy Boris.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 04:04:50 PM »
It's far more likely that you will be able to get a Russian visa than she is able to get an American visa.  But it sounds like you don't have any money to travel over there.  As harsh as it sounds, unless you find a way to get over there, this is a monumental waste of time, completely separate from the fact that you could be in a scam situation. 

To be honest, the story makes no sense to me.  I can't barely find any information about this location "Maza" that you have mentioned.  I think I found the spot on the map you are talking about but nothing more, not even evidence of a hospital.

In Russia, if you are thoroughly dejected with your situation and want to make a change, you'll go to Moscow.

This story isn't adding up.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
Remember also scammers often pass on email addresses to other scammers. So you may have well not fallen foul of other scammers but they could have passed on your email address as a person willing to engage with scammers. Many scammers are just looking for people who will at least entertain their initial advance as they view them as susceptible to scamming.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline jone

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »
....or did I get really lucky.

I met a beautiful 29 year old Russian girl on Sept 11....(32 days ago) online. (My email was available somehow though a dating website)

She lives in the tiny village of Maza... 200 km north of Nizyny Novgorod. She was an orphan and grew up in a children's community. Other than 5 years of college, she has lived in Maza her entire life. She is a nurse and actually works in the same hospital she was born in.

She does have TV and influences her differently than us. She actually begged that I wouldn't make her sell herself.as a prostitute.

So innocent. This girl is really quite special.

Well to make a long story somewhat shorter, this girl is dead set on coming to California and living her life with me. She has already bussed to the city twice to see about visas, and passport. And talked to a travel agent.

Niether one of us can currently afford all the expenses involved so she tells me yesterday that she is selling everything she has that isn't important.

She also mentioned she talked to a realtor about selling her room.....what does this mean? She writes very good English most of the time, but like all forieners learning English, she mixes words up occasionally and I wonder if she really meant to say she was selling her house....not just a room

In russia, do you not rent a room but instead actually own it? Interesting.

She says most  people in her region don't consider age in relationship. I guess age is irrelevant to her.

What do you folks make of this whole thing?

I'm exactly twice her age. Does this have any chance of actually working and being happily married....I know I'll be happy....
. I wonder about her in 15 years

Is this a blueprint for disaster or can a young Russian lady really be happy with such an age gap.

She says things to me, I've never heard anyone say. She is so romantic and tells me daily how she imagines my hugs and kisses and how she wants to wake up in my arms every morning.

Incredible stuff. And we've never even heard each other's voices.

Any comments would be welcomed. Thanx

As others have pointed out, it is a classic scam scenario.  When you go to work in the morning (when you're working) and are told to feed all of the chickens in the coop, you don't look to see which are laying eggs or which are fat enough for the table.  You feed the chickens. 

You, sir, are the prototypical male that a scammer feeds on.  You are the chicken in the above analogy.  An agency employee comes into the office and has fifty letters to write before they are on their way home.  Some of the relationships pan out, some don't.   But as a percentage, if the writing on their side is good, they can figure somewhere around twenty percent will send money to them.   

You can say you are destitute and not making any money.  It won't make a difference to this agency employee.  He/she is simply feeding the chickens.  And is waiting for any of his/her chickens to stick their neck out. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:39:05 PM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »
Mappy, I really would like your input. what exactly screams of scam?

She has not asked for a dime. She knows I am broke and live in my Yukon 3 days a week. I told her early so she wouldn't get attached. I told her I am unemployed currently and barely survive day to day.

It doesn't faze her.

If I'm getting scammed.  God let me pray I get scammed more often

It's funny when people think they "can see all the signs" or smell a "scam".....when they have no clue of the history of the people involved. Nice try though

Since it seems you have not sent any funds to Ms. Maza. . . . you are not being scammed. But you are being emotionally hooked on a false premise as well as deceiving a woman from a foreign country.

Consider do you have a passport?

Can you travel abroad?

Will you be able to support a woman who moves to your country?

Until you spend face time on Skype you are dreaming.

I would as is suggested up thread check her IP address.

vA
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 06:50:38 PM »
I'm not an experienced member here so don't take my word as gospel, but I have dedicated many hours over 9 months reading evey bit of information I can about dating FSU women. On the scam black lists I've read 100's of men's reports,  telling the  exact tale that you have just told. Most first time men, who were certain the women who contacted them were genuine. With the amount of red flags I see, a scam should be your biggest concern.

I went into this blind and I'm lucky I met someone genuine straight away, or I might have been one of the 1000's of men who fall victim, to what I thinks happening to you. Only when I come here, did I release the dangers, just like Mappy did a short time ago. I'd  listen to him, he's only looking after you as  others did for him.

My limited personal experience, talking to only one women is, the moment we started talking regularly, after one week, she wanted to spend every chance she had to talk face to face or call on skype. Only after 6 months was there any talk of romantic feelings and never any mention of love, it's a foolish man or  woman who falls in love without meeting in person.

Really you have no proof that you're even talking to a woman, it could even be a man from the US, after reading a news report  yesterday. He scammed $700 000 from fellow  countrymen, pretending to be Russian women..... Be very careful and good luck : )
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:32:09 PM by Davo »

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 07:53:26 PM »
It's far more likely that you will be able to get a Russian visa than she is able to get an American visa.  But it sounds like you don't have any money to travel over there.  As harsh as it sounds, unless you find a way to get over there, this is a monumental waste of time, completely separate from the fact that you could be in a scam situation. 

To be honest, the story makes no sense to me.  I can't barely find any information about this location "Maza" that you have mentioned.  I think I found the spot on the map you are talking about but nothing more, not even evidence of a hospital.

In Russia, if you are thoroughly dejected with your situation and want to make a change, you'll go to Moscow.

This story isn't adding up.

Have to agree with you Bounder, it does not add up or make any sense.  On the other hand, the OP doesn't have a job or any money so how would be ever support her let alone the costs involved in all the paperwork, visits, etc.

Some get lucky, but it took me several years before finding the perfect wife in Ukraine and when all added up, it probably cost me $40K plus before she got to the US permanently.   This is not an inexpensive endeavor. 

Offline Belvis

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »
I agree withe the guys that the case looks like a typical scam.

Other than 5 years of college, she has lived in Maza her entire life. She is a nurse and actually works in the same hospital she was born in.
I doubt there are places in Russia with hospitals and without home internet or mobil service. Hospital means it must be a town with the full package of communication options.

Could this orphaned village girl possibly be a virgin at 29?
Certainly, the poster has no idea how look and behave village orphaned girls.

This girl makes fun of the poster. I would say her fears look like the ridicules in style of a man, not girl.

I assume that crazy russian woman can sell her possesions, but usually this happens for victims of marginal sects.

She says most  people in her region don't consider age in relationship.
I start suspect that her region is located beyond Russia.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 01:32:26 AM »

I agree with this. In the FSU (or almost anywhere) when young people are looking for better opportunities they generally move to a bigger city. Also, for a 29 year old RW to say that age isn't a factor when searching for a mate is simply BS. I've lived in the FSU for 7 years now and have never met a woman whose husband was twice her age.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:59:22 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline CaptB

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 01:44:10 AM »
I have to ask the poster if he has read the "TEN COMMANDMENTS" at the top of the forum home page. It amazes me how often guys reads them.....but.....STILL....says "our" (he and the RW he is in contact with) situation is.........."DIFFERENT, SPECIAL, DOES NOT APPLY etc. etc. Too many red flags. I have been involved in this process for almost 20 years......and married for 14 of those. I don't have all the answers (ask my wife)......but I can smell a scam pretty well. I met my wife "pre-SKYPE". Very fortunate for me.....she had a university degree in English language.....with a minor in American culture. A perfect candidate......"right"..........wrong. She was very interested in America.....like I was/am in the Caribbean, Africa, Australia, Canada.......many places. But the thought never crossed her mind to move to the US. I was visiting her city (Stavropol, Russia)......and decided to hire the services of an interpreter.....to show me the attractions of the city. A friend suggested looking on a dating site....."TrueLoves.com"........and find an English speaker there. Agencies charge a fortune......I offered her $10 per hour......in the beginning. I could have offered much less. I found out she was "not" looking for a foreign husband. Over the years she helped many girlfriends.....who "were" looking for a foreign husband....with letter writing (you remember letter writing.....paper.....pens.......envelopes.....stamps)......interpreting phone calls......e-mails.......SKYPE interpretation.....etc......etc. The reason why she was on the website......was "goading" by her friends. "Via.....make a profile......you never know what will happen.

I hired her about three months or so......before leaving for her city. At first we talked for an hour a week......more as new friends......not for any "romantic interest". She was interesting, funny, smart........I could tell she really cared about her friends.....relatives.....and people in general. But......she was 13 years younger than me.....I had always drawn a realistic (for me) line......at ten years. Of course my age.....or a little older.....was always an option. After a few weeks the phone calls became more frequent. Eventually they became daily by the third month. My plans had changed. I was coming to visit Stavropol.......and her. She arranged an apartment for rent for me. I offered her the money ($11 per day x three weeks......in 2003. She said we will take care of these things when "you get here".

I arrived at the airport in Stavropol at about 11:00 pm.....in April.....2003. We spent the first night together in my apartment........talking until about 5:00 am.......then fell asleep. "Love".............is a tricky word. I know people who "love" each other.....but......don't seem to like each other. Love......takes time. You don't get it.....over the phone....or on Skype.......but in person. After talking all night.....in person.....I was really starting to "like" this girl. In the morning she went to work. She taught English at an international language institute. I fact she worked two out of the three weeks that I was there. We did some travel in he region.....during the week she had off. I met her family (Mother, Sister & niece).....many of her friends and coworkers.

The real advantage to meeting (first time) your FSU woman in "her" hometown.....as opposed to a "vacation" somewhere else is.......you get to see how others feel about "her". How they regard her.....resect her.....the type of friend, daughter etc.......she is. With my future wife there was a common theme: "I" was very lucky that she was interested in .........me. All of her coworkers, friends, relatives said "she" was their favorite person. She was honest, happy, funny, smart, educated.......a good friend. They always reminded me how "lucky I was".........and a little sad.......but supportive that she may be leaving them. Oh......and about those phone calls before we met........probably over 60-70 hours worth......but no "I love you's). There were "no" red flags......no asking for money (on the contrary.......I owed her.....upon arrival).

1) Read the 10 commandments......if you ignore red flags......you will probably leave this forum in embarrassment.......and we will not here from you again (like many others
    who do not heed the warning signs)

2) If you are really serious you need a job. You need to at least be renting a home/appartment.

3) You need to have disposable income. This adventure is "not" going to cost a few hundred dollars. Although my first trip to Russia was "not" for the purpose of finding a wife
     ........but to "visit" Russia.......the possibility of an RW was in the realm of .......possibility. I made 8 trips to Russia......each about three weeks long.....with each trip costing about $4,000 (very cheap actually).......or about $32,000 (ouch!). Others have spent this much ....and more.....with no results yet. A few have spent much less....and were successful.......or not.

4) I have a dozen or more friends married to RW (8 -15 years)........and no red flags before they met in person.

5) I need to ask a personal question.......were you divorced in the last few years? After divorce the "loneliness factor" can be rather heavy at times. Although this can be fun for you........wasting a woman's time........when you are not ready to move on (not to mention financially).....is not fair............to her.

Sounds like you have a lot of work to do before looking for "any" (foreign or domestic)......woman. Finding an FSUW is not an easier replacement for a local (USA... or insert other nationality)......partner. On the contrary........as my friend JB (terror of the forum in past years) said.........pursuing and FSUW is not the GED.........but the Masters degree........in pursuing a "partner". Good luck.....but try to be realistic.

Capt B
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:36:34 AM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline CaptB

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 02:05:37 AM »
P.S.

The "age difference myth".......is just that. All things being equal (FSUW forum members please respond).......most women in any "contemporary" culture.....would prefer a partner close to there own age. On this forum there is a couple (when married) that had quite an age difference......he about 64......she about 28. I am not a naysayer.....I am rooting for them.....and others with a significant age difference. My wife and I are 13 years apart.......and because of that difference....."I'......almost passed her by. It was my Father who convinced me.....at our ages......me 51.....her 38......"what was the problem". We were both divorced (hence....each married once).....liked each other....had common interests.....and in good health. It was "i" who had an issue of more than a 10 year age difference. Thank god I listened to my "Dad". Large age differences can work for "the present".......but I do not want my spouse to be a slave to me......in the later years. It is hard enough when one of you (equal age) has health issues. Don't be selfish for an age difference that works for ..............the "present". I exercise and try to eat healthy......so I won't be a burden. Just a thought.

Cptt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Mappy

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »
There is lots of good advice here, but the bottom line is that this is more than likely not a scam.

The OP hasn't returned, and is hopefully running the checks I recommended up thread to help him make up his mind.  Hopefully we have at least saved him a lot of grief and time if not some $.

In my own case, I was rescued by the fact that I regarded the possibility of travelling to Russia as a potential adventure, and was looking forward to it and starting to do the planning.  That *she* reacted with disinterest and proposed visiting me for a whole month instead was the moment that confirmed for me that it was indeed a scam, as I had at least partly suspected from the outset.

Sadly many men - and I suspect a greater proportion of Americans - regard the idea of travelling somewhere with different language and customs with horror, which makes the scammer's job of persuading them to accept a visit (despite the impossibility of a visa) much easier.

p.s. An 'off topic' aside on internet connectivity - a few years ago my then girlfriend was working with VSO in Rwanda, and I visited her out there.  Almost every young person in the village had a mobile phone, and yet few houses had electricity.  That this was possible became clear when she took me to the house of a woman in the village - who lived in a two-room hut - but she had electricity in her front room. Her  'job' was charging the mobiles for everyone in the village.  The front room was full of mobiles, a huge number of them, all running on chargers from multi-leads all connected back to her two sockets - the entire room was full of phones and each had a piece of paper beside it to tell her how long each person had paid for charging.  Everyone who lived there was having their phone charged by this woman, and the pennies she was charging each person more than covered her electricity bill and gave her an income on top. Her 'hut' was a hive of activity with people coming and going and paying her for recharging their phones.

If this is possible in the 'third world', any young lady in the 'second world' who explains how she can only visit the Internet cafe once a day is spinning you a yarn...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:00:59 AM by Mappy »

Offline Boomstick77

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 08:13:58 AM »
I'm always optimistic because listening to people tends sometimes to more harm then good. If I had listened to the naysayers I would have never even stepped foot in Ukraine and my wife would have falling into the scammer category. But I did take stuff into consideration without confrontation if I asked people's opinions. That being said...I don't think you'd listen anyways Geoffrey with no matter what anyone says on here because some people are deadset on their own ideals and know all the signs. its like my ex-best friend. His wife has cheated on him 6 times...one of those times he even caught her on top of a guy naked getting it on in a car. that would be scarred into his brain for life. After he caught her and needed time to himself...he went back out into the dating world and it scared him. His wife by most men's standards would be considered pretty and even out of his league..he lucked out. every girl he tried to get to know rejected him. Even below average girls.. being desperate and lonely he gave her a chance again and again, etc. Now what I'm getting at is... everyone could tell him that he was stupid for getting back with his wife and tell him the sore truth and he wouldn't listen. He only liked to complain about things and get things off his chest and if you mentioned one thing that wasn't good about him sticking around her...he dismissed it and didn't want to hear it. So what did I do just to see how stupid people really can be. I just said...oh man...she's just probably going through a mid life crisis the same way guys do...she's getting older and wants to feel attractive and wanted by men...let her get it out of her system...she'll finally realize after a while how great of a man you are...he smiled and said..yes..see man..you actually get it. I agreed that she was still an amazing girl and watched him get cheated on again. I've recently seen on his Facebook page a picture of his wife fishing in a river and it titled..."my dream girl". Wow... nobody commented on it because they knew the whole story on her...what's so dreamy. Was I being a bad friend...nope..after countless times of listening to him saying he got cheated on...why try and convince someone that wasn't going to listen. I just said what they wanted to hear. Then I dropped him because he was dead weight to me...true story.

The only thing I can say Geoffrey is this girl sounds amazing...any girl that sells all her stuff to get with you is truly a catch. There is no way she's a scammer. You could read tons of red flag posts on women and she wouldn't be considered in the same category because she is truly is unique. This girl is displaying some of the most endearing sacrifices I ever seen a girl do...if only most men met a girl like this on the sites, they'd hit the jackpot. Being a lonely village girl must be rough but you came into her life at the right time...you got this man...good luck.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1847
Most Online Ever: 12701