It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting Out  (Read 18219 times)

Offline Sean P1

Starting Out
« on: February 03, 2005, 06:55:07 AM »
I am a newby.  I have not made a trip yet but I am planning to go over

in the spring.  I would like to ask the members if they could offer their opinions

as to some of the best methods to find ladies in the FSU.

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Starting Out
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 07:18:04 AM »
The purpose of this thread is to give a guy in the process of finding a girl from the FSU ideas on the most current and up to date way(s) to successfully go about this. 

I do not know exactly how one can define success but I will define it as blissful marriage to a girl from the FSU.  Now, the longer the marriage the more successful, but for the purpose of this thread I'll start it as marriage.  Others may define success as a girl they have a super long term relationship with, others sex, others who knows what.................but I think happy marriage is what the majority of guys are seeking.

OF course any guy should read the "tablets of stone" Dan has already provided.  Take them to heart.  Know yourself and what you require in a mate.

Where should one go?  What country - perhaps Belarus, perhaps Russia, perhaps Ukraine or perhaps some of the other former Soviet republics.  It further goes back to what one is looking for in a mate.  Does one want a girl from a small village, a big city, a smaller city?  How hard should it be for you to travel to?  Do you enjoy flying into a big city and then travelling by car, train or bus, commuter plane etc. for how many hours in generally worse conditions than you are used to, to a more rural region?  Why do you even want to go to the FSU?  Maybe you want to go to Poland, The Czech Republic, South America or the Philippines?  I assume you at least know where you want to go - but the World is a big place and there are alot of different looks all over the world, especially within the FSU.  Just food for thought - my wife recently watched a program on New York Russian television the gist of which was that Belarus women have the most "traditional" values of the FSU.  That and that geographically I would expect a large percentage of the girls to be fair with blue or green eyes would cause me to think about Belarus.  Still, so few guys from the USA go to Belarus on vacation or "wife hunting." 

When do you want to go to the FSU?  My advice is to go when it is warmer, so you can see the girls with a bit less clothes on, when they generally are happier due to better shower and weather conditions.  However, some of you may really like to travel in the winter and not want to see many other foreigners at all.  Some parts of the FSU really come alive in the late Spring, early Fall and especially Summer months, like Sochi, Russia, for example.  Flight prices may be a consideration to some - so that would favor Winter, Fall and then early Spring.  

Once you have the Why and When down, you get to the How to go about this process.  This is another area that so greatly differs.  Do you want to meet a girl through friends, write and take it from there.  International dating is where I think most of you guys are, so meeting through contacts is probably out - though you may get a number / internet address from a guy on this board and take it from there.  How much preparation do you want to put in?  Do you want to advertise in print, on the net and perhaps television?  How long should you advertise for, in what months?  Do you want to advertise yourself at all?  Do you want to write letters at all?  Do you want to use a full service agency?  Do you want to go to smaller parties?  Do you want to go to large socials thrown by major agencies?  Do you want a local agency or one that has a USA presence?  Maybe you just want to go to a region on vacation and see what happens.   My advice would be to learn as much of the Russian language as you can - but I know for some of you this is extremely difficult.  I have been studying it for more than 5 years and it is the most difficult thing in my life to learn properly, in part due to the fact that when you get a bit older you tend to have many more work commitments and do not have the time or strength to learn Russian well.  In any event, there are interpreters that are excellent and do more than interpret - but how much use of an interpreter do you want or really need?  There are so many eligible girls who know at least some English - so I firmly believe all of you could communicate the basics.  The nitty gritty you may need an interpreter for at some point until your girl gets a hand on English - because it seems they learn English well before you learn Russian.  So, do you target only English fluent girls or some English to no English speaking girls - again a good part of what you should be thinking about in advance.  I believe the average guy needs the help of an agency / at the minimum an interpreter / guide for the first few trips over at a minimum, but opinion will vary widely.

There are so many more details that a well prepared guy should consider prior to going over.  I hope this helps the newbie or those involved with the process of finding a great girl for them............hopefully their future wife.  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 07:21:00 AM by Bruce »
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Bruce

Starting Out
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 08:26:10 AM »
It is clearly evident that my attempt to cut and paste did not work!  Sorry.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
Starting Out
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 08:34:14 AM »
Hello Sean,

Well, Bruce has done a pretty good job as to giving you some ideas as to starting out. As Bruce did, I will also offer one man's opinion.

First thing to say to you is that their is no one right way to go about the pursuit for a Russian bride. The means and methods you are most comfortable with are the best way for you. Their are some men who prefer to correspond with one woman at a time, see one woman per trip, this is usually called write one, visit one or wovo. Their are guys who will write several and narrow it down to a few (wmvf). And their are those who will write many and visit many (wmvm). I have seen guys start out with one method and after their first trip change methods. Your first trip will be an eye opener. Chances are your first trip will change your life. And if you meet or get involved with a few Russian women on your first trip, chances are you will never be able to go back to an American woman again the rest of your life.

You will see a lot of different opinions and suggestions as to the best way to do many things involved with the pursuit for a good Russian woman Sean. Every guy who wrote one, visited one and married one is going to say that is the best way. Their will be guys who wrote man, visited many and happily married and they are going to swear that is the best way. Whatever method that guy used is ofcourse going to be his recommended " best" way. However try to read, try to learn, from those who have gone about the approach by using different means and methods and see what they say and preferred and why.

Education is the key here Sean. Read, learn as much as you can. Russian discussion boards such as this one are a great resource but be aware that not all Russian discussion boards are equal. And in fact you really need to get to know a little about any Russian discussion board before you consider a lot of the "recommended agencies" or services. Some Russian discussion boards have major advertisers in which you really can't say to many negative things about. Some owners, moderators, like to direct newby's towards the major advertisers. And be weary of anti-scam sites. Their are some good anti-scam sites and their are also some low-life anti-scam sites who have their list of "recommended" agencies. And low and behold what does it take to be a recommended agency? You would think several years of good and honest work, right? Nope, all it takes is an agency paying a monthly fee, or the new buzz word, "donations".

As Bruce mentioned, the time of year you pick to go is important. In the spring or fall I think are the two best times of the year to go. And to define the time a little more, again one man's opinion, from the last week of April thru to the third week of July is I think the best time frame. And from the second week of September thru the second week of October I think is the second best time frame. If you are going to visit one, or two women, then the winter time is ok, but if your going to meet a lot of ladies I would not recommend to do so in the winter.

If you are the type who writes one, visit's one, not much more to say or do about that. Just try to visit soon. None of these serious ladies want a 6 month correspondence, they want to meet you as soon as they can.

If you are the type who wishes to meet many ladies I suggest you write a lot of ladies and try to go to at least two or three cities. Do your homework. If you know you are going to St. Pete, Kiev and Kharkov, then you need to write a lot of ladies in these cities. Run personal newspaper ads in these cities. Work hard to find 7 ladies in each city who you feel like you could marry tomorrow. "IF" as you leave America you feel you could marry any of the 7 ladies you are going to meet in Odessa, or any of the 7 ladies you are going to meet in Ivanono, then you have done your job.  And why do I grab this number 7 Sean? From my personal and professional experience, if a guy will work hard to find 7 ladies he has real interest in and the ladies seem to have real interest in him, out of every seven such meetings their is one lady whom this is general good chemistry with and he's damn lucky if their are two. But sometimes their are two such ladies. And only three days earlier as you left JFK you were convinced you could marry any of these 7 ladies. Well, after meeting all seven of these ladies, 2 or 3 didn't have real interest in you, 1 or 2 you didn't have real interest in. And 1 or 2, well, their might be some potential chemistry with. You spend 6, 7, or 8 days in your first city. You meet all 7 ladies in the first two days, 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm. Four two hour meetings and each meeting was three hours apart. The second day you have a meeting at 12 noon, 3pm and 6pm. Now after two full days you met all 7 ladies, now with the remaining 4 or 5 or 6 days you spend quality time with the one, or two ladies who rose to the top. You do not spend 2 or 3 days with some lady whom you do not have chemistry with, we don't have that much time to waste. You spend quality time with the lady, or ladies, who rose to the top. Then you hop the 10:30 pm train, go to sleep, wake up in the next city the next morning and start the procedure all over again. You do this a few times and you will get well educated as to the ways of Russian women and hopefully will meet some lady you are very compatible with. This method does take a great deal of effort and you have to be very serious, but it does work.

Offline An_adult-male

Starting Out
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:50:24 AM »
Dear Sean,

My suggestion is to focus on an area or Region of a country. Use everything to find out what women are in what Region. Of course, you should know the lenghth of stay as a tourist in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. I made the mistake of starting in Russia only now to realize it will take time to develop a relationship. So Ukraine is the only great place for me to stay over 5 months on a tourist Visa.

If you want to get jumping, read about the socials. I see EC will finally have its first social in Minsk. This may be great and have a ton of women truely ready to begin a relationship. Been threw Belarus with a one night stay in Minsk. Which ended in seeing 3 women in half a day. So it is full of responding women. But Belarus Visa is a bitch to get. If only Belarus had open doors. EC = European Connections in Atlanta.

I do have a warning which is strange. Almost all hotels have Hotel candy. Which is working girls that work for the hotel that do room service. I was shocked when I went to the Black Sea Hotel in Odessa. But the city is full of women in agencies and clubs. As well as the free web sites. Never hit on women on the street!

Offline Turboguy

Starting Out
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:42:05 AM »
If I were still trying to meet ladies I think I would take a hard look at the Minsk social that EC is having.   I think one of the big plusses is the economy there is among the worst in the FSU.   Some of the places like St Petersburg and Moscow the income level is becoming less of a reason for the gals to leave.

Of course with the gals of Belarus the nice thing is you don't need a ngiht light since they all glow in the dark after being downwind from Chernoble.   I have been to Minsk one time and that was a long time ago.   I think you will find a lot of options there.   If I were a gal there I would do all I could to get out.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 09:10:41 AM »
I
think one of the big plusses is the economy there is among the worst in the FSU

You are wrong, boy. The economy in White Russia is the closest to wich the former USSR had. That means people mostly do have nessesary things for life. And that is not the "worse"

And I have doubts Belarus's girls would exchange what they have for the sake of company of guy with such "smart" humor and respect for their country

Offline Turboguy

Starting Out
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 09:33:50 AM »
Elen,

You are correct, my attempt at humor was in poor taste.  I sincerly apologise for it. 

Chernoble was a great disaster that could have been much worse if it were not for the valient efforts of the people and the government.  Many people lost their lives there and it was a real tragedy.   I have been to the Chernoble museaum in Kiev and even that little taste brought home the reality of it all.   I have some friends that were there when it happened.   I have heard their stories and I should have known better that to make that comment.

I have always had a little concern about the increased risk of health problems with a lady from that region.   I believe the rates of thyroid cancer and birth defects are little higher there.  I think if I were to fall in love with someone from there i would not let that bother me but I think is is something that the guys might want to at least be aware of.  It was this risk that I was trying to draw attention to with my very poorly chosen humor.   Again I apologise.

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 09:56:07 AM »

[line]
You are wrong, boy. The economy in White Russia is the closest to wich the former USSR had. That means people mostly do have nessesary things for life. And that is not the "worse"
[line]

In his book, Belarus - At a Crossroads in History, historian Jan Zaprudnik comments:

[indent]
"The structure of the national economy inherited from the Soviet period is indeed out of joint. The restructuring and retooling of the republic's various industries of which 40 per cent has been geared to military production, require not only much time but huge sums of money. The barter character of such deals burdens the procurement of raw material imports. The labor force must be retrained. New markets must be found and the quality of goods improved. Finally, better management techniques have to be worked out and learned."
[/indent]
The devastation of World War II practically wiped out Belarus' agriculture and industry, leading to intensive postwar restoration efforts. As a result, a largely rural society was transformed almost overnight into a modern industrialized state.

As part of the Soviet Union, Belarus' role was to supply the empire with trucks, cars, agricultural machinery, fertilizers and other agri-chemicals, timber products and agricultural produce, mainly potatoes and flax fibers. In return, it relied on the rest of the Union for oil, coal, natural gas, metals, cotton, synthetics, canned goods and pharmaceuticals.

In 1991, the collapse of the Soviet regime gave Belarus its independence. It unfortunately was left in a state of economic chaos that has worsened during its first years as a free country. Today, Belarus struggles to make order from that chaos and, as with other republics that were dependent on the Soviet system, it still faces drastic shortages that are basic to a functioning society.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 10:09:30 AM »
I should have known better that to make that comment

All of you should know better when you give out your comments about Motherlands of your  brides. It would be better for you to forget what your newspapers write and leave alone your jokes about life here, as well as your desire to show out yourself as Messiahs at mission to save poor girls from awuful reality.

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 11:00:33 AM »

[line]
All of you should know better when you give out your comments about Motherlands of your  brides. It would be better for you to forget what your newspapers write ...
[line]

Helena, and what about your own news... Chernobyl is a cataclysm but how much time was need to the gouverment for accept Western help and reconize the problem... a lot of life of usual people have can be spare when your country in inform and accept help in time...

And the last little incident, with submarine... Russia have wait until it was too late for accept help of American with the special rescue submarine...

And when you read alternative russian newspaper from University group in Russia, you read not the same news that in the gouvermental newspaper from Russia...

Propagande don't exist anymore in our news... they are independant from politic...

Turbo, you tell western style jokes that are not humorous to Russians. Russian jokes are not too funny for westerners nor is western jokes funny for Russians. Most of the time Russians will be offended by western jokes since most western jokes tend to be sarcastic in nature. Avoid being a comedian. Test the waters while your alone if you feel you need to be humorous. Make sure you give yourself time to explain the joke then more time to apologize if they still do not find your humor.

Offline Turboguy

Starting Out
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »
Thank you for the suggestion Bruno.  I think I will do my best to avoid jokes totally unless they are poked at myself.  I do not think it is ever in good taste to joke about the misfortune of people. 

I think I will stand by my statement that the economic conditions are worse in Belarus than other places in the FSU.   I have only been to Belarus one time and that was oh, 1996 I guess.   The Gal I visited was in Vitibisk.  She worked full time in a shop and made $ 40.00 a month.  On the same trip I met a gal in Kiev who was in School to be a customs inspector.   Her pay upon graduation was $ 70.00 a month.  I never talked to her after that but she was checking the line next to me at Borispol two years later so I know she did fine in school.   I would be willing to bet the pay for a customs inspector in Ukraine is now around $ 200.00 a month or better.  I would be willing to bet the pay for a gal working in a shop full time in Vitibisk is not much more than $ 80.00   I think that although the pay everywhere in the FSU is too low that most areas have improved faster than Belarus.    Having been in some businesses related to the agricultural industry in the past I will add a very popular tractor in the USA is the "Belarus"  of course made there.

One of the things that really sinks home when you tour the FSU is the realities of WW II there.   I think most americians have no idea how brave the Russain people were and the courage and fortitude the people showed in defending their motherland.  

When I was in Vitibisk there were still bullit holes everwhere.  the father of my gal there was telling me that it was the worst place to be because it was directly between Moscow and Berlin so the Germans would attack and march through town, the Russian would counter attack ...........  Something like 75% of the people there were killed.   We went on a picnic and I saw these big holes everywhere.  I asked what they were and half were foxholes left from the war and the other half were where artillary shells had landed.   America paid a price in WW II but it can't hold a candle to the fight Russia put up.

Offline Turboguy

Starting Out
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »
I forgot to add, that sure I want to save my russian gal from her awful life but I think I am much more interested in saving myself from my awful life.   Go out with a few American woman and you will see what I mean.    Gosh, good thing we don't have too many american women reading this.  I would have everyone mad at me.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 11:38:19 AM »
Bruno! I'm not about politic, I'm not about differenses in humore (Trust me we would laugh with you if your sarcasm will be about life in America :D). I'm about what you shoud and what shouldn't tell in faces of your russian women.

Call it "double standarts" but the fact you may find out stays the same - Never mind whatever russians tell among themsleves about dirty politic, hard life, crimes, "Putin a-la new tzar" and other "nice" things in Russia ( don't think we read only one-side press. ) I strongly recomend  for you own sake don't repeat all that in conversation with your woman. Reaction may be unexpected for you:D And not good one, but just like - "watch yourselves" and "that is none of your business". 

As for the help from the West then it's not only our fault we don't believe in it's altruism and sincerity, you know. Just a life experiense from history.

Btw in the cases with Chernobl ( can't recall what pricely have you offer:?) and "Kursk" ( ther was no chance to save them) there were nothing you could do better than we have done by our own in such circumstanses. And what about "information" of such events then I should say you the West never hurred with that thing as well.

Propagande don't exist anymore in our news... they are independant from politic...
Ha-ha-ha:D:D Good joke:P

you tell western style jokes that are not humorous to Russians

Nope Bruno! We do have a plenty joke about Chernoble too. Just don't accept them from the Western "humorists".

Most of the time Russians will be offended by western jokes since most western jokes tend to be sarcastic in nature.
Most of the time we will be offened if somebodies from abroad make jokes from our tragedies:? Isn't it the same for you?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 12:04:58 PM »

I think I will stand by my statement that the economic conditions are worse in Belarus than other places in the FSU.

Well let stand by whatever you wish :? As for me I just know that the amount of salary is not the main thing to value the life. Can't found how thing are just now but in 2000 Withe Russia took 60 place in the world , Russia - 71, Ukraine- 108 according to the  U.N. Ranks Quality of Life . So that.

To my own knowledge I see much more Ukraines looking for jobs in Moscow than people from Wite Russia.

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 01:02:53 PM »
[line]

Btw in the cases with Chernobl ( can't recall what pricely have you offer:?) and "Kursk" ( ther was no chance to save them) there were nothing you could do better than we have done by our own in such circumstanses.

[line]

One year before the incident the European Commission have approved plans to help fund two new nuclear reactors in Ukraine to replace the unstable Chernobyl plant. But the reply was : niet, our material is good, don't need your help...

For the Kursk, the american was owner from a special rescue submarine... it was only need to make some adaption for the connection to the Kursk... Russia have wait too much long before authorise these rescue submarine to operate... because of military secret...

[line]

U.N. Ranks Quality of Life

[line]

The index has been calculated for 111 country in 2005

Nine quality of life factor : Material wellbeing, health, political stability and security, family life, community life, climate and geography, job security, political freedom, gender equality.

USA - 13

Belgium - 24

Ukraine - 98

Belarus - 100

Russia - 105

Helena, a lot of change since 2000...

Offline Marc Dayton

• Commercial Member
Starting Out
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 02:07:41 PM »
 All of you should know better when you give out your comments about Motherlands of your  brides. It would be better for you to forget what your newspapers write and leave alone your jokes about life here, as well as your desire to show out yourself as Messiahs at mission to save poor girls from awuful reality.

O I like the last line. My quistion would be if your looking for a girl thats Desperate to get out of the so called poor house. Who is the one that is despreate ?

If you think your going to save some poor girls life you need to take a long hard look at yoursleff. You are not a comic book star with an S on your chest!

You will crash and burn if this is your goal

Offline tim 360

Starting Out
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »
Kursk?  Elen,  please lets at least be clear on the Kursk.  Within the first few hours the sub-crew could have been rapidly helped by the Swedes and Norwegians.  Said help would have been rather fast...but Putin demured.  Each possess excellent oceanic  and underwater rescue equipment and staffs.  Real help for that doomed sub from the USA was much farther away in time.  Due to distance and mobilization constraints.  Had Putin co-operated with the Swedes and Norwegians there was a definite cance some lives could have been saved.  Many men lived for hours in temporarily waterproof compartments.

Chernobyl?  No matter what "help" was offered,  once the meltdown began there was little for other countries to offer but humanitarian help.  The damage had already been done.  Stalinesque the Kremlin dug its head in the sand and proclaimed there was "no danger".  Remember?

Otherwise,  please keep posting as I do agree with some of your views.

"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »
Nine quality of life factor : Material wellbeing, health, political stability and security, family life, community life, climate and geography, job security, political freedom, gender equality.

Let's take away such parametrs like "political freedom" and "political stability" (very doubt ones) and you will see where Ukraine would appeare and where would be White Russia:D

Once more - I don't see girls form Belarus at the roadside from Sheremet'evo to Moscow selling themselves, I don't see Belarus girls at open-air markets in Moscow standing at counters at Russians winter frosts. Mostly it's girls from Ukraine as well as boys from Ukraine are at the top of a list in Moscow criminal chronicles. Do you think it's a result of Ukraine morality of economical situation?

OK let believe what you want in, but if you are going to look for a wife who thinks she can't bear any more economical situation in her country and will support all your "criticism" in adress of her Motherland you with a probability of 99% will get right what you are looking for - a perfect scammer:P

Stalinesque the Kremlin dug its head in the sand and proclaimed there was "no danger".  Remember?

Yes I do remember. Keep remaining all that to your girls it will help to improve your relationship for sure.:?

Tha's all boys I'm off to my job and shall post little in next two days.

But don't worry I'll be back:D

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
Starting Out
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 07:15:21 PM »
Elen makes some very good points.

1- It's a bad idea to think you are going to save your bride
     from a life of poverty. (Instead, view your relationship
      as a normal romance)

2- Most of these women have ultra-pride in their motherland
     and it's generally a mistake to criticize her country.

The woman I am interested in has NEVER criticized her
homeland, so far.  ..She has sent me some nice scenic photos.
In these photos, she looks like a 'normal' woman håving fun
on vacation in a beautiful mountainous area. She doesn't appear to be some pathetic soul dying to escape her circumstances at all.
I'm not about to tell her she lives in the most polluted city in
eastern Europe.

Beware of playing the 'savior' role.   -doug L.

PS. If you do connect with a woman for primarily economic
    reasons, you'll be mucho sorry, like the 'rich' guy in
   America, who wonders if his wife married him for his
   nice big house and shiny Jaguar, rather than love.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Starting Out
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 07:16:09 PM »
Quote from: Elen
Once more - I don't see girls form Belarus at the roadside from Sheremet'evo to Moscow selling themselves, I don't see Belarus girls at open-air markets in Moscow standingat counters at Russians winter frosts. Mostly it's girls from Ukraine as well as boys from Ukraine are at thetop ofa listin Moscow criminal chronicles. Do you think it's a result of Ukraine morality of economical situation?

Elen,

You struck a nerve with this commentary.

Tell us - what do YOU think it is? Are you claiming it is the inferiority of morality in Ukraine as compared to Russia? That seems to be your implication.

How would you know if there were fewer Belarusian girls versus Ukrainian girls prostituting themselves in Russia? Have there been any reliable studies conducted?

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how Russians look down their noses at their southern neighbors.

BTW - while living in Germany and visiting many parts of western Europe, Asia and the Middle East - I can definitively confirm that exactly 52.3 percent of all prostitutes from Eastern Europe working abroad are from Russia and only 38.6 percent are from Ukraine.

[For the record, I am merely making a point]

- Dan

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 01:27:58 AM »

[line]

2- Most of these women have ultra-pride in their motherland
and it's generally a mistake to criticize her country.

[line]

Doug, we don't criticize FSU but it is need to be realistic too... Like all country Russia have some quality and lack... but don't wish reconize it... When you accept to see your lack, you can evoluate and make this better...

[line]

Let's take away such parametrs like "political freedom" and "political stability" (very doubt ones) and you will see where Ukraine would appeare and where would be White Russia

[line]

Helena, you have speak yourself about other parameter for the quality of life and you have speak about the UN ranking... and i have make the search for find the fresh information... You accept the rapport of 2000 because he is good for Russia but not these of 2005 because he is not good for Russia... a very strange reaction...

And for all the fellow American, i have change my meaning about your country... it become better... your president is become a real president ( more adult and responsible ) but i am seduce by the personality of the first lady... she is perfect to be the next president :shock:... she make more interview and is more open that his husband... and she is very very intelligent lady... these visit in Belgium of Bush go change a lot in our relation with US...

The woman I am interested in has NEVER criticized her
homeland, so far. ..She has sent me some nice scenic photos.
In these photos, she looks like a 'normal' woman håving fun
on vacation in a beautiful mountainous area. She doesn't appear to be some pathetic soul dying to escape her circumstances at all.
I'm not about to tell her she lives in the most polluted city in
eastern Europe.

Beware of playing the 'savior' role. -doug L.

PS. If you do connect with a woman for primarily economic
reasons, you'll be mucho sorry, like the 'rich' guy in
America, who wonders if his wife married him for his
nice big house and shiny Jaguar, rather than love.

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 01:32:11 AM »

[line]
Once more - I don't see girls form Belarus at the roadside from Sheremet'evo to Moscow selling themselves, I don't see Belarus girls at open-air markets in Moscow standing at counters at Russians winter frosts. Mostly it's girls from Ukraine as well as boys from Ukraine are at the top of a list in Moscow criminal chronicles. Do you think it's a result of Ukraine morality of economical situation?
[line]

Belarus is a big country with only around 10.000.000 people, only Moscow have more citizen... And when i see the situation in Belgium, we have russian mafia, russian prostitution, russian refugee... but since now, i have never see Ukrainian...

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 04:21:28 AM »
Tell us - what do YOU think it is? Are you claiming it is the inferiority of morality in Ukraine as compared to Russia? That seems to be your implication.

Like they say here "If something seems to you then let's cross your forehead"

The talk was about economical situation in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. Somebody claimed White Russia was the worst. I do think it's Ukraine which is the worst with it's economic That's why Ukraines fload Moscow, that's why the percent of this ethnic groupe is the hightest among others. What YOU saw in my question is business of yours. Mostly people see only what they want to.

How would you know if there were fewer Belarusian girls versus Ukrainian girls prostituting themselves in Russia? Have there been any reliable studies conducted?

From criminal chronic at our TV . From knowing perfectly WHO do stick to guests in the hotel where I work.
You know, it never ceases to amaze me how Russians look down their noses at their southern neighbors.

As for me I "look down my noise"at milician reports. About 25% of crimes are Ukraines ones.

Belarus is a big country with only around 10.000.000 people, only Moscow have more citizen... And when i see the situation in Belgium, we have russian mafia, russian prostitution, russian refugee... but since now, i have never see Ukrainian...

Really?? And why do I doubt you are able to determinate Russians from russian-speak Ukraines ? Would you mind to enlight me how do you do that? Because your "free-of-politic" press doesn't bother itself to do that at all

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 04:27:43 AM »

BTW - while living in Germany and visiting many parts of western Europe, Asia and the Middle East - I can definitively confirm that exactly 52.3 percent of all prostitutes from Eastern Europe working abroad are from Russia and only 38.6 percent are from Ukraine.

he-he-he:D:P sound like you met them all and speaks from your own personal experience

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:39:00 AM by Elen »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843