It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Azerbajanian Women  (Read 10988 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Azerbajanian Women
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »
Just curious about Azerbaijainian women.   I have to go there on business in a few weeks so I just finished writing a few gals from there to see if I can combine some gold mining and business on the same trip.  I don't think I have ever heard women from there mentioned and was just curious if anyone had ever tried it?

Other than the fact that it is predominantly a Muslim country any comments?

Offline Oosik

Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:34:59 PM »
Imet a guy who also lost his luggage coming back from the FSU. He was in Azer... with his fiance. She looks hot, and from what he says, it is similar to the rest of the FSU. Many muslims, but not nutbag wahhabis. Many russians there too, and they feel some discrimination.I'd say good pickings!! Write to a few before you go.

Offline Turboguy

Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:58:34 PM »
I wrote to 4 a few minutes ago.  I will wait and see what kind of response I get.  Basically the others I could find on Free personals that I did not write listed themselves as Muslims which is a little more cultural difference than I would prefer.

Offline Oosik

Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:23:45 PM »
If there was an agency with a "matchmaker" service there, I would do that, and get set up with a few dates. Also, I'd buy some addresses too. See if you can establish some fundimentals with a few. This way, you get to meet and establish chemistry on the company dime, and do a real vacation later after you have written to one or two for a while after a meeting. This guy had a hottie, and she was even 2 years older than him!! He was visiting his dad who was involved in the oil biz when he met her. He said all the expats had gorgeous girlfriends, although some sounded like sugar daddies.

Offline Turboguy

Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »
The pickings from the usual places are a little slim.  For example Elena's had three girls total from there.  I did not meet the qualifications of any.   I will do some looking for an agency.  At this point I don't know how long I am staying.  I will find out tomorrow.  It will be nice to make a trip on someone else's nickel. 

Offline Oosik

Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
http://www.aprettywoman.com has 15

just do the age range and select the country.

If you can find 2-3 girls with commonality on kids/country, who accept  your age range, you will have at least 2-3 nice dinners/lunches!! You  could even meet someone to persue. The more specific you are in the  first letter shortens the time for the weeding process on both parts.  My first letter was very detailed, by the time I met Lyuda, we had  established a boatload of core important issues, even just by the fact  that she agreed to meet me after reading it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:25:00 PM by Oosik »

Offline Turboguy

Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 04:57:09 AM »
Thanks Oosik.  I have never done much with a Pretty Woman but I will visit their site today and see if I can do some good prospecting there.   I have a feeling not too many men go there and I would think I can find a few to visit and who knows.  Sometimes the things you have been working to try to make happen end up happening by accident.   Perhaps this will be one of those cases.

I do appreciate the help and the suggestion.  I think everyones willingness to help is what makes this truly one of the great sites on the internet. 

I did mention to the gals I wrote that I would be there in a few weeks so I would think if they have any interest at all would take me out of the catagory of the guys they write forever but never have a meeting with.   Any others I write I am going to reword that so they don't think I am just looking for some fun while I am there but the tone of my letters is always serious anyway.  I appreciate the suggestion about making the first letter as detailed as possible.  I think that is a good suggestion.

Offline gearond

Re: Azerbajanian Women
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 09:01:21 AM »
Just for the record, it's "Azerbajani" women. ;D

Offline Killer-B

• "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 02:42:45 AM »
TG-

I know a gal there (24) and "cute" - She's a good friend - We MSN chat a couple times a month... VERY laid back, very friendly, very family focused and driven - and wouldn't really size her up to be your "typical" FSU (type) woman...

I was going there for some oil engineering test stuff - and that's I found her before hand (forget the agency site now, sorry) - Whilst true it's very Muslim there (she's in Baku),  it's not as hard core as you'd think - She and I had several long talks about "western beliefs" vs. "Muslim"... She had no problem with mine - and mentioned "switching" if she came to America... File that under "For what it's worth"...

*On the other hand* I don't know what kind of woman you're really looking for? But since they do follow (or are raised) Muslim - most are still virgins... They play that card pretty close to the vest if that matters to you...

When you going over? How long there? Let me know if you want an intro - Worst case she can be your tour guide... She works for the tourism agency and is also a librarian and is pretty fluent in English...

Good luck-

"The best revenge, is to live a great life..."

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 04:55:09 AM »
Hi Killer,

Thanks for the suggestions and offers.  My trip is nearly at hand.  About 48 hours to be exact.  I leave Tuesday the 9th and come back the 19th.   

I am likely to just concentrate on doing business.  If I have time I may make one last attempt to line something up but the one thing I thought I had going sorta fell apart and I have been so busy I have not tried to line anything else up.  I had one I wrote a few letters through Elena's  That seems to have fallen apart.  I have been wanting to write a few from A pretty woman but have been so backed up I just did not have time.

There are some gals there who are not Muslim.  I really would have no problem with a gal who was going to switch if she came here, or one who was content to follow her beliefs and to let me follow mine but the only muslim I ever wrote seriously was insistant whoever she hooked up with switch for her which is not anything that appeals to me.

No it would not bother me that the gals there tend to be virgins.  Good thing you didn't bold that and highlight it.  There would likely be a few hundred guys heading for Google to look for agencies in Baku. 

I think if someone ever found a gal from there who was a virgin, and posted about it it would probably make some of the other threads look tame.

I apprecaite the help Killer.  If your friend, knows someone, lets say has a friend who might be intersted I would be happy to persue that.   I really would not want anything beyond a friendship with your friend though just because I would not want to seriously go after a gal who a friend of mine was working on even if she is not their top choice.  I do appreciate  your mentioning that, your offer of help and the thoughts. 

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 04:09:57 PM »
No prob TG - Not sure if I can catch her within 48 hours, but will see what I can do... I'll drop her an email now... Where are you staying? (City/Hotel) PM me if you want...

RE: My "virgin" comment - LOL  ;) - I hear ya, but that really isn't why I shared - It was really more of a heads up of sorts, for if you were going over to get $%&@  :P - well - since most *are* Muslim - they kinda "protect" that (carefully!) if you catch my drift...

She and I have no future... But will ask if she has any "friends" just the same and see if I can get a reply back before you head out...

Have fun!

KB
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 04:11:37 PM by Killer-B »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »
One of the things I dislike about having other people make your reservations is relying on someone else.  I hop on the plane in 36 hours.  They have not bothered to tell me where I am staying.  They did say they made hotel reservations for me.  I will be in Baku as far as I know.  I expect to know in the morning.  I wrote earlier today and asked so they should be letting me know.

Talk about relying on others.  Somehow the travel agent got the wrong address for me.  I called about my tickets last week and they said, You didn't get them?  They were shipped over a week ago DHL.   Then I found out they had my address wrong by 5 blocks.  I took a ride up to the house they had the address for and it was an unoccupied house and my tickets were laying on the floor of the porch and had been there a week.

Yes, I think that is a good area to not get too wild with the wild side.  They get a little serious about things there.  Go diving into the wrong swimming hole there, they might confiscate your diving board.

I will let you know when I have more details on my trip.  I am going to do my best to have some internet on the trip so I may not be out of touch too much.  I appreciate the help.  Sometime I hope I can return the favor. 

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »
This has to be a really first class hotel they have arranged for me.  Two of the biggest features they are promoting is fire escapes and continuous hot and cold water. 

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
Turbo,

If the hotel is any indication, we will all be waiting with baited breath for your posts on THIS trip. Just be cool and come home with the diving board. Might be the first trip where you didn't use it for a half gainer. Degree of difficulty this time around might be 40.5   LOL.

Viking
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 06:26:53 PM »
People really don't appreciate fire escapes until they need one...

Offline viking

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 06:44:36 PM »
Conner

LMFAO.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 12:23:26 AM »
Seems like a good place. Other hotels promote 3 kinds of water. Hot, cold and dripping from the ceiling.  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 10:54:02 AM »
What I wonder is since they stressed the fire escape so much in their advertising are they trying to tell me the place is a tinderbox ready to go up at any moment. 

I guess I will find out soon enough.  I am sitting at JFK with a 5 hour wait for my flight.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 04:32:39 AM »
While you are in Baku, if you have time - visit "Girl's Tower", sorry, I dont really know the English translation of that place of interest.
Also - make sure that you will try traditional Azerbaijan food, which is shakerbura, gohoal, rice with chestnuts, yummy.... ah, I wish I would be going to Baku now.... ::)

As for the city and the country - i would say its much better that Russia. People are nicer, dont look too gloomy as RUssians do. You are lucky if you meet a nice girl there, they are very very good wifes, family always goes as a priority for them, they are very loyal to their husbands. Its just the way they were brought up in such a way...

Good luck. Caspian wind with oil shades is something you would never forget
:)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »
Thank you moonlight.  I am in Baku right now.  Having a terrible time getting on the internet but having a great time with everything else.  The gals here are very pretty with a bit of a different look than the ones in Russia and Ukraine but very pretty.  I will try and check out the girls tower.  I think that is the very intersting tower I have seen but did not know what it is.  I will ask my Guide.

I do think you are right, The gals tend to be a little more traditional than the Russian gals who have the reputation of being that way but may not always live up to their billings.   Neat place, very prosperous, very windy, great food, beautiful gals.

Offline viking

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
Turbo,

Maybe you might hit your stride in the place that was never on your radar!!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 01:03:11 PM »
Thanks Viking. Yes, to be honest I can't rule that out.  If it does turn out that way I owe someone big time. 

Baku is much different than I pictured.  There is a lot of oil money here and the economy is booming.  I am used to my Russain and Ukrainain friends and there you have to always remember to make sure you do things like give them money for cab fare etc.

The gal I saw here tonight brought her aunt as a chaparone and they picked me up at my hotel in a new Luxury SUV, They paid for diner over my objectons.  It was probably the cheapest date I have had on one of my trips.  That is not important to me, it is just not what I am used to on these trips.

Well, let me see.  Azerbaijan Girls,  Humm, this is the only place I have been where I have seen more men kissing men then men kissing girls.  Fortunately I have not gotten kissed yet.  I was watching over dinner and the one guy was playing with the other guys leg.  They don't seem to have the taboos we have in america.  The names take a little getting used to.  Of course when I think back to my early days of writing Russian gals the names seemed funny to me then.  Now I don't think anything of Olgas and Svetlanas.   Of couse one of the girls I wrote ages ago had the real life name of Olga Vagina.   I think had things worked out with her I would have married her as quick as I could just so I didn't have to introduce her by her Russain name.  People here are mostly Turkish blood along with some Russians.  You see a lot of long black hair and gals that are quite pretty but don't have to waste time and money at the tanning salon.  The moral values for the women seem pretty strict so it would not be a good spot for a sex tourist.  For the men, well they are men.  I have the impression they have about the same moral values as Italian and French men.

The other thing that turned my stomach last night was one guy had a grusome video about an autopsy.  Not much respect for the body.  They were basically gutting a guy at full speed.  It was a real stomach turner.

Well, gotta go.

Ray

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »
Ray,

Does sound a lot like Turkey..

Turkish women were way up on my list of desireable.. lots of great women there both tanned and untanned.

If I hadn't run into my RU wife first, I would probably be now married to either a woman from southern Spain or Turkey.

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 04:14:17 PM »
.....There is a lot of oil money here and the economy is booming....

.....The moral values for the women seem pretty strict so it would not be a good spot for a sex tourist.

Hey TG-

Sounds like things are going "OK"?? Hope so!

I'm not one of those  "I told you so" kind of guys - But, "I told ya so" LOL  :P

Have fun!! Look forward to your T/R and Pix mate!!

Cheers,

KB-

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 08:48:44 AM »
Hi KB,

Thanks for the good wishes.  In case anyone reading my comments wants to try Baku, I will say right now if you wear a toupee, forget it.  Baku is known as the city of wind.  That is the biggest understatement I have heard.  Fortunately my hair is my own. 

I may have even come up with an intersting new business venture on this trip.  It seems like a fun way to make a lot of money.   It is however the most dangerous city I have been in.  I am not talking about the fact that it is muslim here.  I am talking about this place having the worst drivers I have ever seen.  When I was a kid we used to joke about different point scales for running various people over.  Here they don't need it.  They just go for anyone stupid enough to enter a crosswalk. 

The gals are quite pretty here.  They don't seem to have the financial problems of some other parts of the FSU.  The gal I was with today makes $ 600.00 a month.  Not that it is great but if she were in Nickolev it would probably be $ 100.00   I think there is some motivation with the qulaity of the men here though.  I already talked about that.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 11:42:30 PM »
Turbo, Im jealous ;D, I really wish I could be in Baku now ::). First of all, Im more than familiar with this country, city, nation - Im Russian, but I  was born in Baku and spent the significant part of my life in this windy city. Azerbaijan has always been a prosperious place in the USSR, it has great amount of oil, gas, and people who work there and live - their 'way of thinking', their culture, their mentality differs from Russian one (in a good way). Azerbaijan had hard times in the middle of 90s of last century because of Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict - you hardly ever meet any Armenian person in the streets in Baku now. Nowadays, I see lots of new businesses are being opened in Baku, lots of companies set their branches there, especially Turkey, Italy, UK. This developing business gives a lot of careers opportunities to Azerbaijan young people. This country is more civilized, they let their women work, and traditionally when a couple gives a birth to a baby, grandparents take great care of baby, letting parents be free for careers and further life, which is very wise - (my point of view). Usually they live very close to each other, some families prefer to live in the same high-rises which is also a good idea - you live separately from your parents but at the same time you are very close and any time parents need any help, you can just walk from one "blok" to another one. Respect to old people is another typical thing for Azerbaijan. I have not been to Baku for a long time but when we lived there, no old people were ever seen in the streets. Azerbaijan people bring up their children since childhood with respect to older ones, they teach kids to respect, take care, to cherish great-grand-grandmoms-dads, whoever it is. Old people usually stay home, always have the best care from their children now. Very different from Russia where old people live on their own, without help and support from children.

So, Turbo, I dont know if you are enjoying your stay in Baku, I wish you all the best ;) and if you meet a nice lady there, you are a very lucky guy then  :)

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 11:58:22 PM »
Moonlight -

Welcome to the board! Good post! Your "international flavor" and experience with Baku and "cultures" are more than welcome here!

Do you happen to know if there are any agencies there? And what are the women's opinions about western men, and age differences (since the economy is so good)?

I'm sure Turbo is having the time of his life!

Cheers-

KB
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:01:15 AM by Killer-B »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 01:04:38 AM »
::) thank you, Killer B

Unfortunately i dont know any agencies which would be avaliable in Baku, I know one website where you can find lots and lots of people from Baku, www.bakupages.com.
People in Baku kind of conservative, nowadays people meet each other either at work, at the Universities, or at friend's places, or at business conferences. I doubt that any couple in Azerbaijan has met in bar or in the street. Plus, its very popular (yes, it may seem very strange) but usually parents of a young man look for a good girl, and they visit her parents, look at the place where the girl has been raised up, and then the engagement happens. Traditionally parents of groom come to girl's place, give a ring to a fiancee, and they discuss different things for future, like buying an apartment for their children to live, about job for husband (if his job is not a good one), any wedding plans. Usually its about a year from engagements till wedding, and during this time groom's parents make a lot of presents for bride, like jewelry, clothes, tableware (primary expensive Chineese or Janapeese stuff). As for the age difference, traditionally husbands are older than wifes, though I have not met people with difference like 20 or more.  A lot of Azerbaijan women get married Turkish men, they have the same language, the cultures are very close due to the same roots. Women's opinion about 'western men' - really, its a tough question, i think every and each women wants to love, to be loved, to have a successful family and have her kids in emotinally stable environment. I think these values have no boundaries (sorry if spelling is not correct, I have no time to look up online dictionary:)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:01 AM »
What you are talking about sounds like the arranged marriages we have heard about.  I don't know if that is good or not.  I do get the impression that women are not regarded so highly here as we do in America.  My experience wih the men here is limited to the people I am visiting.  The main guy I am working with here is married with two kids, a girlfrined in Kharkov, one in Paris and a date saturday with someone he considers "hot"

I have not heard of any agencies here to match gals with foregn guys.  If you go to some of the traditional sites there are not many gals from here.

I do like the city.  It has the most construction I have ever seen in my life.  I would belive that if you take single family homes out of the equation there are more new buildings going up in Baku than in the eastern half of the usa combined.   I would guess somewhere around 500 new buildings in the 1 story, half a city block wide range.   Single family home construction would far outpace any us city.

One more day here.  I will be very glad to head home.  Today we went to Cuba.  Not the country, it is a summer resort city a few hours drive from Baku.  I think I went to a Muslim funeral, or at least the dinner for one.  As soon as we finished eating we went 5 miles too................ a restaurant in the hills and had a second dinner 30 minutes after we finished the first. 

I am glad to make it back alive.  Let's see, at one point we were going 100 miles an hour or almost in the high speed lane of a four lane divided highway.  Of course we were going northbound in the southbound high speed lane.  Fortuantely someone flashed his lights and we turned around. 

Then there was the flying bus.  We were going about 80 when it was two lane and the road narrowed for a bridge.  As we were crossing the bridge a bus coming the other way went up the bridge ramp towards us, flew through the air a bit, out of control and came into our lane.  We missed him though and he regained control once he got passed us.

Then there was the time we had to ditch into the left berm because we were passing someone with a truck coming towards us a hundred feet away,  we were doing about 80 with a truck beside us so we could not pull back into that lane.   The roads here are the most dangerous I have ever seen.  I do like the place a lot though.  I think anyone would be happy living here.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2021, 11:03:17 AM »
People really don't appreciate fire escapes until they need one...

Topic Bumped,

I like the fire escape line
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2021, 03:04:49 PM »
Bridesandlovers.com lists 59 from there, although only 11 have logged in recently.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296