It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Traveling to Ukraine at this time  (Read 23603 times)

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Traveling to Ukraine at this time
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 02:33:14 AM »
Duh, no.

You know exactly what I was getting at and just trying to muddy the waters with your inane commentary.

Be patient (/end irony)
Trench has never experienced businessclass, he has no idea what he is commenting, per usual.
If he could he would book a place in the cargo hold just to save a £
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Darth_Budda

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2021, 04:32:14 PM »
So Just booked tickets,  Leaving for Central Ukraine on the 21st...  for almost 2months...

So I guess we are gonna find out what we have to do...

Wife is vaccinated I am gonna get vaccinated soon..
kids still can't I think...

From what I am reading Because she is a Ukrainian National and I am her husband..
We don't have to follow some of the harsher rules they make people on vacation do...

So I guess we will find out

We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
Can anyone point me to more info on what is accepted for the 72 hour covid test and where can I get this covid insurance?

My wifes uncle is gonna pick us up at the airport and we are gonna drive right to her parents house.. I doubt I really need to worry about any of this,, I can just pay the bribe if need be,, or have my friends connections flex a bit...

But yea,,,  Might as well try  be official...
Caleb Maupin

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2021, 09:57:30 PM »
Can anyone point me to more info on what is accepted for the 72 hour covid test and where can I get this covid insurance?

My wifes uncle is gonna pick us up at the airport and we are gonna drive right to her parents house.. I doubt I really need to worry about any of this,, I can just pay the bribe if need be,, or have my friends connections flex a bit...

But yea,,,  Might as well try  be official...
What bribe are you on about?
If you don’t prepare for your trip and have what you need, the airline shouldn’t even carry you.
So don’t take the PCR test or get Covid insurance. Tell us how that goes when you get bumped off your flight.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2021, 10:20:29 PM »
So Just booked tickets,  Leaving for Central Ukraine on the 21st...  for almost 2months...

So I guess we are gonna find out what we have to do...

Wife is vaccinated I am gonna get vaccinated soon..
kids still can't I think...

From what I am reading Because she is a Ukrainian National and I am her husband..
We don't have to follow some of the harsher rules they make people on vacation do...

So I guess we will find out
Whether you are vaccinated or not makes little difference at the moment when it comes to international travel. That might change, if and when a vaccine passport is introduced.
There are different rules for UKR nationals arriving in Ukraine and for foreigners.
Do the research and don’t get caught out.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2021, 10:28:47 PM »
What bribe are you on about?
If you don’t prepare for your trip and have what you need, the airline shouldn’t even carry you.
So don’t take the PCR test or get Covid insurance. Tell us how that goes when you get bumped off your flight.

Not talking about the airlines Dude...  once I am in Ukraine...
I am not a tourist...  I am the spouse of a Ukrainian citizen.
So I have different rules...

Now can you answer my questions or not....

What type of test is the PCR. Where do you get it... Hospital?
This Covid insurance is a joke... Just a Tax on foreigners...

Me and my wife will be vaccinated before we go...

My wifes mom said not to worry.. once we get into Ukraine.. That stuff is for tourists and people in the capital...  Things get a little different once you get out side the capital area...

Anyways... Please answer my question.. save the crap comments... 
Caleb Maupin

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2021, 10:31:55 PM »
COVID-19 TRAVEL ALERTS
Passengers who have been in India for 7 days or more in the past 14 days are not permitted
to enter Ukraine, due to the outbreak of Covid-19.
This does not apply to the following passengers, however they must quarantine on arrival in
Ukraine regardless of their PCR test result:
1. Nationals of Ukraine, and their spouse or child;
2. Passengers who are permanent or temporary residents of Ukraine;
3. Stateless persons;
4. Employees of foreign diplomatic missions and consular offices; or
5. Representatives of international organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of
their families.
Caleb Maupin

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2021, 11:07:16 PM »

My wifes mom said not to worry.. once we get into Ukraine.. That stuff is for tourists and people in the capital...  Things get a little different once you get out side the capital area...

Not sure what rules you are talking about by just being married to a Ukrainian citizen, since from what I read she is no longer a resident of Ukraine.  Maybe I am wrong.

We are in Western Ukraine as I write this, been here for 1 1/2 weeks.  Staying until the end of June.  We flew in to Borispil from Munich and before that Denver.  We had to show our PCR test at each and every stop.  We are fully vaccinated but it made absolutely no difference.  At least to Lufthansa.  We bought the medical insurance online and paid $8 for a months coverage.  If you use the ones on the Visitukraine web site you will pay vastly more for the same coverage.  We used Insurance Company Misto based in Vinnystia.  There are others.  As far as the PCR test, you can get it at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and many others.  Just make sure it’s a PCR and no older than 72 hrs upon entering Ukraine.  At Borispil we had to show that test no less than 4 times to different people.  I would suggest having it electronic (phone) and paper copy. 

Our challenge now is getting a new PCR test for our return trip. 

I hope this helps.   

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2021, 11:33:00 PM »

Hmmm.

I take it you are:
Not a citizen of Ukraine?
Not a permanent resident of Ukraine?

That being the case, you need a PCR test and Covid Insurance.

Where can you get these?
Any testing facility recognised by the public health authorities in your country. Google is your friend.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 11:36:16 PM by John Gaunt »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2021, 11:39:06 PM »
COVID-19 TRAVEL ALERTS
Passengers who have been in India for 7 days or more in the past 14 days are not permitted
to enter Ukraine, due to the outbreak of Covid-19.

This does not apply to the following passengers, however they must quarantine on arrival in
Ukraine regardless of their PCR test result:
1. Nationals of Ukraine, and their spouse or child;
2. Passengers who are permanent or temporary residents of Ukraine;
3. Stateless persons;
4. Employees of foreign diplomatic missions and consular offices; or
5. Representatives of international organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of
their families.
Are you travelling from India? If not, why quote rules that apply to those who are?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:15:36 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »
Not sure what rules you are talking about by just being married to a Ukrainian citizen, since from what I read she is no longer a resident of Ukraine.  Maybe I am wrong.

We are in Western Ukraine as I write this, been here for 1 1/2 weeks.  Staying until the end of June.  We flew in to Borispil from Munich and before that Denver.  We had to show our PCR test at each and every stop.  We are fully vaccinated but it made absolutely no difference.  At least to Lufthansa.  We bought the medical insurance online and paid $8 for a months coverage.  If you use the ones on the Visitukraine web site you will pay vastly more for the same coverage.  We used Insurance Company Misto based in Vinnystia.  There are others.  As far as the PCR test, you can get it at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and many others.  Just make sure it’s a PCR and no older than 72 hrs upon entering Ukraine.  At Borispil we had to show that test no less than 4 times to different people.  I would suggest having it electronic (phone) and paper copy. 

Your experience is similar to mine, apart from the number of flight changes.
On my return I did my PCR test in Kyiv with a company called Діла.
Very efficient.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:12:02 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2021, 12:08:46 AM »

I hope this helps.   

Yes,, Thank you very much. This is the info I was searching.

Seems like every time I get on here most people just want to troll and make posts that answer absolutely no questions and are just full of crap.

Thank you for actually helping.
Caleb Maupin

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2021, 12:14:06 AM »

Yes,, Thank you very much. This is the info I was searching.

Seems like every time I get on here most people just want to troll and make posts that answer absolutely no questions and are just full of crap.

Thank you for actually helping.
Perhaps if you didn’t make silly posts about bribing your way in and quoting rules which don’t seem to apply, you would get the responses you seek.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2021, 12:22:26 AM »

I hope this helps.   

Did you guys not have Health Insurance in Colorado?
Or is this special Insurance just for Ukraine?

I take it my NYS Health insurance wont work in Ukraine?
I had to go to a hospital once in Ukraine and the cost was extremely low.

The health insurance part I did not realize we had to have..
Bringing the Kids with us this time.. So I can see how having coverage would be good.
Kids will be kids..

If you don't mind what site did you buy it at?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:44:33 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2021, 04:55:12 AM »

Did you guys not have Health Insurance in Colorado?
Or is this special Insurance just for Ukraine?

I take it my NYS Health insurance wont work in Ukraine?
I had to go to a hospital once in Ukraine and the cost was extremely low.

The health insurance part I did not realize we had to have..
Bringing the Kids with us this time.. So I can see how having coverage would be good.
Kids will be kids..

If you don't mind what site did you buy it at?

Keep in mind the insurance you need to buy is not the normal medical coverage.  You need special COVID insurance, and NO your insurance from the U. S. Will not work.  I have Medicare and Tricare ( retired Navy) and they are useless in Ukraine. 
We actually live in Texas, just had to fly thru Denver.  As long as you have a negative PCR less than 72hrs you don’t need to quarantine.  Passport control did scrutinize our tests and insurance. 
I don’t know the web site for that insurance, wife found it.  Try searching for the name of the insurance company I said in my first post, sorry.  Just FYI the cost was higher for me because I am over 60.  It was $2-3 less for the wife as she is just 51.  In any event it was a bargain for a whole months coverage. 

Good luck. 

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2021, 05:54:48 AM »

I bought a whole year of Covid insurance cover for 1000UAH. Saves me all the repeated paperwork every time I travel.
Next in Kyiv early July and will be in Ukraine for a whole month. Still to buy my tickets but I have the insurance sorted.

Will be travelling to the west into Karparty to a little Spa resort for some R&R.

Who knows, I might meet our Buddhist friend or maybe even Trench on my travels.  :clapping:

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2021, 07:05:01 AM »
Keep in mind the insurance you need to buy is not the normal medical coverage.  You need special COVID insurance, and NO your insurance from the U. S. Will not work.  I have Medicare and Tricare ( retired Navy) and they are useless in Ukraine.
We actually live in Texas, just had to fly thru Denver.  As long as you have a negative PCR less than 72hrs you don’t need to quarantine.  Passport control did scrutinize our tests and insurance.
I don’t know the web site for that insurance, wife found it.  Try searching for the name of the insurance company I said in my first post, sorry.  Just FYI the cost was higher for me because I am over 60.  It was $2-3 less for the wife as she is just 51.  In any event it was a bargain for a whole months coverage.

Good luck.

Thanks again for your help It is very much appreciated.
We are a young family  I am 37 my wife will turn 30 this year, "I mean 18 forever" and my kids are 12 and 3.

We had plans to go last year than this Covid hit...
But we can't wait anymore. Her grandparents are getting older and we don't want to wait..

I think it will be a great experience for my oldest daughter..
Help get her out of the American Box so to speak.. Let her see some of the world..

We have a lot of plans, Her family owns a small fishing pond with a few Dacha on them that they rent out..
So we will be spending some time on the pond Fishing and we might head over to Crimea for a bit see her Aunt..

Being from central Ukraine her family is part of the Russian speaking section of Ukraine with many family members in Russia.
So we might even take a road trip into Russia with the my old Lada.. Who knows?  But we are all getting excited!

So my family thanks you...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:11:35 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2021, 07:20:57 AM »

....... As long as you have a negative PCR less than 72hrs you don’t need to quarantine.  Passport control did scrutinize our tests and insurance.

AS far as I know, there is no quarantine in Ukraine now, you just need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival in Ukraine. ( although I know someone who was closer to 80 hours who was let in) The quarantine was earlier when you took the PCR test in Ukraine and waited for results
You need to find a place who has a quick turnover of results. I am lucky in LA, at LAX it is possible to get results within ~~5 hours ( timing is important). My friend went to airport the day before to get PCR test because he had a morning flight.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2021, 07:47:11 AM »
I bought a whole year of Covid insurance cover for 1000UAH. Saves me all the repeated paperwork every time I travel.
Next in Kyiv early July and will be in Ukraine for a whole month. Still to buy my tickets but I have the insurance sorted.

Will be travelling to the west into Karparty to a little Spa resort for some R&R.

Who knows, I might meet our Buddhist friend or maybe even Trench on my travels.  :clapping:

Not Likely, We keep to the the central and eastern Parts. We are more comfortable speaking Russian and Surzhyk. We find the Pure  Ukrainian spoken in the far west difficult.
But Odessa, Mariupol and Crimea are on the List..  I want to see some Roman and Greek ruins..
I have a friend who became a DJ in Kiev so We might go watch a show..  But we prefer the country and village life..

Tossed in a Pic of the Pond..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:11:41 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline ML

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2021, 08:01:51 AM »
Darth is talking like he can move freely between Ukraine, Crimea, Russia.

I don't think that will be the case.

But others probably know a lot more about this.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2021, 08:14:36 AM »

My friends don't seem to have a problem..  It was only the first year..
But they all have either family in Russia or parents that work in Russia..

A lot of people in Ukraine have family in Russia,, It does not seem very uncommon..
At least with the people I know..  In fact only my wife is part Ukrainian Jew. every one else is ethnically Russian, Belorussian, Georgian or Greek..

I need a Visa for Russia,, But from what I read it is not a issue..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:19:32 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2021, 08:18:55 AM »

I have done this plenty of times, what's the big deal? Just don't be a blabber mouth. With problems in Belarus, it is slightly more difficult.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2021, 08:27:31 AM »

I have done this plenty of times, what's the big deal? Just don't be a blabber mouth. With problems in Belarus, it is slightly more difficult.

My favorite Beer is made in Belarus....  I do worry about the current issues going on...
It sure makes the Road trip in the Lada from Kiev to St. Pete impossible this time around...

One of my Ukrainian friends, I hope is going to marry a very nice girl from their..
When ever he goes he is always sending me pictures of the Venice of the north and picture from Soviet War museums,
He knows that me being a Communist I really enjoy these things... especially the old Studebaker katyuska rocket trucks..
A nice blend of American and Soviet technology..  Back in the day when we were friends and allies...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:49:09 AM by Darth_Budda »
Caleb Maupin

Offline Chase Warden

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2021, 04:22:33 PM »
I am leaving tomorrow for Kiev. I research multiple options.  Lessons learned. 1. Refundable ticket. If you have issues like I did ( being denied boarding in the US yesterday because my PCR test would be older than 72 hours upon arrival).  I easily changed tickets at no cost. If not the change fees exceeded $800. Whoo. 2. PCR test timing. Make sure you have adequate time from the testing date /time. Take into consideration possible delays. They don't care. The rapid test means nothing. 

I did this with no travel agency. The airline had curren, up-to-date information.  Especially if transferring from another country.

Now the covid test.  Be prepared to get an expited test. Most testing facilities do not take insurance.  So double check. Most insurance companies will reimburse you for your expense. Bring your passport for your test. Some testing facilities will link your test to your passport number.

Booking a room is usually not an issue. There are some good sights. Some require a deposit or charge a fee if you cancel or change within so many hours or days.

Let your banks know you are traveling abroad.  You will quickly find out that most banking fraud detection will deny your reservation charges. So to ovoid any inconveniences, notify them in advance.

Transportation.  From sites like booking (just an example, no plug) you can have a ride waiting with your name for safe passage to your destination.  No worring about paying the driver except for a tip, if you like.

This is my 4th trip, but to different countries.  All had different processes and procedures.  Getting out of the US is just the start. Don't get stuck in customs.  Some countries require proof of exit. So unless you want to book a last minute flight or transportation out of the country, have a documented plan.  Round trip will suffice.

Well good luck. I leave the US tomorrow for Kiev via Amsterdam.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2021, 07:12:14 PM »
I am leaving tomorrow for Kiev. I research multiple options.  Lessons learned. 1. Refundable ticket. If you have issues like I did ( being denied boarding in the US yesterday because my PCR test would be older than 72 hours upon arrival).  I easily changed tickets at no cost. If not the change fees exceeded $800. Whoo. 2. PCR test timing. Make sure you have adequate time from the testing date /time. Take into consideration possible delays. They don't care. The rapid test means nothing. 

I did this with no travel agency. The airline had curren, up-to-date information.  Especially if transferring from another country.

Now the covid test.  Be prepared to get an expited test. Most testing facilities do not take insurance.  So double check. Most insurance companies will reimburse you for your expense. Bring your passport for your test. Some testing facilities will link your test to your passport number.

Booking a room is usually not an issue. There are some good sights. Some require a deposit or charge a fee if you cancel or change within so many hours or days.

Let your banks know you are traveling abroad.  You will quickly find out that most banking fraud detection will deny your reservation charges. So to ovoid any inconveniences, notify them in advance.

Transportation.  From sites like booking (just an example, no plug) you can have a ride waiting with your name for safe passage to your destination.  No worring about paying the driver except for a tip, if you like.

This is my 4th trip, but to different countries.  All had different processes and procedures.  Getting out of the US is just the start. Don't get stuck in customs.  Some countries require proof of exit. So unless you want to book a last minute flight or transportation out of the country, have a documented plan.  Round trip will suffice.

Well good luck. I leave the US tomorrow for Kiev via Amsterdam.

Good luck
Caleb Maupin

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1889
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM