It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My belated trip report from 2011!  (Read 28653 times)

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: My belated trip report from 2011!
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2018, 08:43:23 PM »
About 8-9 years ago. It's still ranked in the top 1000 websites visited in the world today. I'm not sure if that includes their sister copycat sites but it's certainly one of the most used dating sites in the world even if they didn't include their sister sites.
Myspace was still a thing 8-9 years ago. :D

Dating, at least with younger women is done more via apps which is not reflected in that list.

http://www.businessofapps.com/russia-loves-dating-apps-tops-charts-download-numbers/

I never tried Frim but tried the others in the top 5 in Rusia. Badoo is ok but the rest aren't that great, topface is a plugin for VK and seems to be largely bot driven.
 Tinder was not in the top 5 and IMO is a waste of time.

I prefer quality over quantity, and mamba isn't the best option - particularly for WM.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2018, 08:57:55 PM »
Dating, at least with younger women is done more via apps which is not reflected in that list.

http://www.businessofapps.com/russia-loves-dating-apps-tops-charts-download-numbers/

Your link says Mamba is the #2 most used app in Russia. Frim is #1 but it's more of a chat site. Mamba #1 most used dating website and #2 in apps makes for it to be an excellent place to find a lot of available women.

There are hookers that advertise on Mamba. I understand some guys waste time talking to hookers, gold diggers, and green card girls. Those guys have had bad experiences on Mamba. While those guys have wasted time there, other men seem to be smarter on how they find quality women and avoid the insincere and have a huge amount of success there. Men should stop blaming dating sites for their woes and blame themselves instead if they are having a hard time hooking up with women.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2018, 11:29:21 PM »
Billy - you haven't used mamba in almost a decade. There are better options now - especially for WM, although I think it is futile to try to convince you.

I think the most women I met with was through a site that isn't on any of those lists and I don't think has been mentioned on this site. Quantity does not equal quality.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2018, 12:48:13 AM »
Billy - you haven't used mamba in almost a decade. There are better options now - especially for WM, although I think it is futile to try to convince you.

How many times do we read the bolded text in connection with BillyB ?.......

Billy, will you now confirm that you DO still use dating sites - just to help the newbies ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »

You just provided a link that said Mamba was the #2 app in Russia and #1 dating app. I showed you a link that showed Mamba is in the top #1000 sites in the world. Link below shows love.mail.ru is #42 in Russia and the top dating/relationship site. Love.mail.ru is a Mamba sister site. Add that, Mamba and other sister sites together and it's exponentially more popular than any other dating site in the FSU.

You can't convince me with your one experience and opinion when the stats I just talked about are easy to find.

http://www.similarweb.com/top-websites/russian-federation

I understand some men here have had bad experiences using Mamba. Moby says it's full of prostitutes but other men have had good experiences.

Man #1 goes to Cheers Bar and routinely picks up the hottest chick at the bar. Man #2 goes to the same bar and gets the fat ugly ones or goes home empty handed. Man #1 tells everybody Cheers is a great place to find women. Man #2 says avoid the place like the plague.

Man #1 goes to social events often and gets lots of phone numbers.  Man #2 goes to social events and can't get phone numbers. Man #1 says social events are a great place to hook up with women. Man #2 says social events suck.

Man #1 gets dates often on Mamba. Man #2 doesn't. Man #1 says the site where the most FSU women congregate to look for a man is a great place. Man #2 says the place has hardly any women.

Both men are absolutely right based off their experiences. The difference lies within the men.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2018, 07:30:05 AM »
You just provided a link that said Mamba was the #2 app in Russia and #1 dating app. I showed you a link that showed Mamba is in the top #1000 sites in the world. Link below shows love.mail.ru is #42 in Russia and the top dating/relationship site. Love.mail.ru is a Mamba sister site. Add that, Mamba and other sister sites together and it's exponentially more popular than any other dating site in the FSU.

Dear BillyB
mail.ru / oknoklassniki / vk are allis part of a huge media group that is effectively state controlled  -  but that is for another thread if someone wishes to debate same

Did the likes of tinder appear in your 'stats ? .. I think you'll find not

This is classic BillyB  -  he won't answer when he was last in the FSU or used a dating site and tells those who do go /spend an inordinate amount of time there that he STILL knows better ;)

You can't convince me with your one experience and opinion

It's not one opinion - is it BillyB ?

I understand some men here have had bad experiences using Mamba. Moby says it's full of prostitutes but other men have had good experiences.

I believe I've said it's full of guys thinking they gain get quick gratification and LTRs - they may be an inordinate amount of ladies of the night there, too - but they are easy to spot

What we are try to point out to you - as you unwisely still 'recommend' this site - is that you ain't doing a newbie any favours

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:08:16 PM by msmob »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
Relying on traffic stats is akin to proclaiming a tray of supersized slop from McDonalds is superior to fine dining at a French restaurant because the portions are bigger.Quantity does not equal quality.

Your supposition that guys who don't meet women via mamba are incapable of meeting women is erroneous, as is your obsolete and tightly-held belief that mamba is a great place for WM to meet women. You don't seem to comprehend that the world has changed since you last dated almost a decade ago.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »
Relying on traffic stats is akin to proclaiming a tray of supersized slop from McDonalds is superior to fine dining at a French restaurant because the portions are bigger.

If you don't like stats, why did you supply stats on Apps to prove it's the "in thing" people are doing? I'm not sure you read the whole link but after I pointed out your link says Mamba is the overall #2 app and #1 dating app, you didn't like to hear it, and now you give this McDonalds to fine dining analogy.

Your supposition that guys who don't meet women via mamba are incapable of meeting women is erroneous, as is your obsolete and tightly-held belief that mamba is a great place for WM to meet women. You don't seem to comprehend that the world has changed since you last dated almost a decade ago.

Mamba has the world's biggest collection of FSU women looking for men all in one spot. When you have the biggest collection of women and can't find any quality there or have success with average women, a guy needs to question what's his problem when other men are getting the lions share of dates. It doesn't matter if it's 1958, 2018, or 2058, being outdated never applies. In any era, when you have the biggest pool of single women looking for men, YOU should have success when you dip into that pool. You don't even have to be the perfect guy. You could be the average guy which is better than half the men in the world and have success.

.Quantity does not equal quality.

When you have tens of millions of women, there's quality in there. Increase in quantity increases quality. Moby said he only found hookers at Mamba. I've seen men on these forum over the years say they've encountered nothing but scammers and gold diggers on various dating and marriage agencies. Why do they have that problem and other men don't? Some guys just don't know how to identify and attract the good girls. Some guys don't know how to attract any girls.

Offline msmob

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2018, 01:13:16 AM »
There now follows more BillyB daftness ....ANYTHING .. to avoid admitting he's giving crap advice to newbies by advocating the use of mamba to find a life partner from the FSU

If you don't like stats, why did you supply stats on Apps to prove it's the "in thing" people are doing? I'm not sure you read the whole link but after I pointed out your link says Mamba is the overall #2 app and #1 dating app, you didn't like to hear it, and now you give this McDonalds to fine dining analogy.

No , Silly BillyB  it isn't ....  IF you still went to FSU nations - you'd know that ....  mamba is but one of a myriad of platforms used by  a VERY large media group of which mamba is a pat..

More tosh ...

Mamba has the world's biggest collection of FSU women looking for men all in one spot.

It really doesn't - but you are the 'expert' on dating - given you go to the FSU and must still be dating whilst happily married  :rolleyes:

When you have tens of millions of women, there's quality in there.

10s of millions, huh ?

The population of Russia is 140 million of which 70 million are women

Then we can remove the married and LTR ladies, followed by kids ( well for most of us ) and ladies that might be too old for a ( say) 40 yr old seeker ..  ( let's make it 18-40 ) then there's those ladies who wouldn't use any dating site, followed by those who won't use mamba..  They might be on Tinder or fdating. Elenas, dmnotify, et al ....   I don't think if one added in other FSU nations  including FSU W from outside the FSU you'd get even 10 million

Moby said he only found hookers at Mamba.

You're not even honest about that...  SC used ( note the past tense) mamba - are you suggesting she'was  hooker, now ? ! ))   

I DID say she regarded it as the preserve of males looking for quick sex and not 'serious men'...

I've seen men on these forum over the years say they've encountered nothing but scammers and gold diggers on various dating and marriage agencies. Why do they have that problem and other men don't? Some guys just don't know how to identify and attract the good girls. Some guys don't know how to attract any girls.

Ri-ight....  So now, you are suggesting those in a LTR - who have found partners who were members of mamba more recently know less than BillyB - who found his wife on the site in it's prime - a decade ago )) ?

What is scary is that you simply don't get how you open yourself to derision with your posts ...   You come across as a neanderthal cave man ..

News for you BillyB ... women chase men these days and may even use them in the same way 'we' use women ;) 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:16:53 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2018, 01:21:04 AM »
Following Ray's ( Turbohuy)  pointing out that he knows peterwarwick9 - I humbly apologise for suggesting he might be sting123

Offline rwd123

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2018, 02:02:22 AM »
Two of the other top five are topface and loveplanet. Topface is largely bot-driven and traffic is derived from a silly VK plugin (that's how I discovered it). I was bombarded by dozens upon dozens of women on loveplanet and not interested in any of them - not one! Badoo is easily the pick of them. Mamba is not that good! Maybe a decade ago but not now. I came across an article which had Tinder and Anastasia Date in the recommended dating sites. Good luck with that!

Simply meeting women in daily life is still the best option IMO because the majority don't use dating apps or very seldom. And I'm not talking about fat 40 year olds that work in perehods, not my demographic of choice. You'll find demographics differ somewhat on different apps/sites, but since you haven't dated in almost a decade you wouldn't appreciate the differences.

Mamba has the world's biggest collection of FSU women looking for men all in one spot.
I keep saying, quality. Bud Light is the top selling beer in the USA. Many people are happy with crappy.

You keep drawing the fallacious assumption I did not date many women because I did not meet many on mamba. A friend showed me around the night spots of a large Russian city, all I asked for was classy. In a city of over a million people, maybe hundreds of places, there were only one or two places I liked in the whole city. Quantity does not equal quality! If you go to a hundred gopnik bars seeking classy ladies you're wasting your time. Better to know one good place.

Edit: Billy, with all due respect your posts come across with a condescending undertone, as if any guy who doesn't brag about dating dozens of women or found his true love on mamba is some sort of social gimp who should cure his leprosy before jumping on a plane. I'm not sure this is intended but it may be why others who frequent this board aren't the most convivial towards you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:47:15 AM by rwd123 »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
I have always sort of felt that life was a journey.  That sometimes it isn't reaching the end that is important but the things we experience along the way.  I have played some golf in my life.  I have never shot a hole in one or won the Masters tournament but I saw some beautiful courses, shared some great times with friends and do think the experiences we have are what is important and not always who put their club ahh, I mean ball in the most holes. 

As far as what makes a loser.  I tend to think the biggest losers are those who feel a need to put others down to boost their own ego.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »
" I tend to think the biggest losers are those who feel a need to put others down to boost their own ego."

defend your buddy
but calling a dud a dud is just speaking the truth, my ego is not involved at all

unlike Peter, I don't require someone else to defend me
I can stand up for myself

if Peter himself wants to live by the sword
don't whine when I thrust mine

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:02:34 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2018, 10:07:33 AM »
To each his own.  Personally I have never felt a need to call anyone a "dud"   By some measure we are all dud's in one way or another.  It is just a part of being human.  To me those that feel a need to put others down is a real dud.

Online krimster2

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
calling a dud a dud, has no connection to my ego
it's just speaking the truth about what he really is

in case you haven't picked up on it yet
he's a 35 yr old INCEL
that sound NORMAL to you?

because I have 2 teenage daughters, I have encountered a swarm of teenage boys at my house over the years
probably 90% have better dating skills than Peter who's a "GROWN-ASS MAN"
and THAT'S A FACT, AND HAS NO RELATIONSHIP TO MY EGO
a silly conjecture on your part, that the subject of the failures of someone like Peter
can somehow make me feel better about myself...
likely derived not from an actual conjecture, but merely a clumsy, not well thought out attempt at creating a tiny,  ineffectual verbal barb
no, sorry, Peter's failings don't boost my ego, it's too trivial. and I can't relate to his failures at all
Peter's life doens't even make Peter feel better about himself, and no schadenfreude for me either

but he's your bible study buddy and you're protecting him
awww that's sweet....

Peter decided that HE wanted to live by the sword
don't cry for your buddy when I wield mine in return
t'was his choice, not mine

Peter
you have another choice
either keep repeating what you're doing and keep getting the same results and just learn to accept it
or get rid of your programming
and go and have SEX!!!

WTF? how can this be difficult for you to understand
once you see that red snapper staring you in the face
you'll know what to do, trust me!!!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:11:24 PM by krimster2 »

Offline PeterWarrick9

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
calling a dud a dud, has no connection to my ego
it's just speaking the truth about what he really is

in case you haven't picked up on it yet
he's a 35 yr old INCEL
that sound NORMAL to you?

because I have 2 teenage daughters, I have encountered a swarm of teenage boys at my house over the years
probably 90% have better dating skills than Peter who's a "GROWN-ASS MAN"
and THAT'S A FACT, AND HAS NO RELATIONSHIP TO MY EGO
a silly conjecture on your part, that the subject of the failures of someone like Peter
can somehow make me feel better about myself...
likely derived not from an actual conjecture, but merely a clumsy, not well thought out attempt at creating a tiny,  ineffectual verbal barb
no, sorry, Peter's failings don't boost my ego, it's too trivial. and I can't relate to his failures at all
Peter's life doens't even make Peter feel better about himself, and no schadenfreude for me either

but he's your bible study buddy and you're protecting him
awww that's sweet....

Peter decided that HE wanted to live by the sword
don't cry for your buddy when I wield mine in return
t'was his choice, not mine

Peter
you have another choice
either keep repeating what you're doing and keep getting the same results and just learn to accept it
or get rid of your programming
and go and have SEX!!!

WTF? how can this be difficult for you to understand
once you see that red snapper staring you in the face
you'll know what to do, trust me!!!

You don't know anything about me other than that I took a trip to Ukraine in 2011, Krim.

I don't want to be anything like you nor will I respect any advice from you. I hope to never become the "man" that you are. You are a very immature and sick guy; I weep for your daughters.

But thanks anyway...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:29:01 PM by PeterWarrick9 »

Online krimster2

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »
ohhh, sorry, you thought I was seriously offering you advice?
LOL no!

enjoy your many future sight seeing trips!
you should make a little collection of postcards, etc
oh how marvelous and colorful they can be!

it's much more gratifying to be accused of being a sinner
than to instead be a self-professed saint

my life has given me great  pleasure and satisfaction
and you on the other hand, are going to get a little postcard collection

not hard for me to choose the life I'd want
you made your choice, you just have to live with the consequences
like 7 failed trips to Ukraine

I live with my choice
a lot of great experiences, a beautiful home and family
I've hit a home run Peter with the bases loaded
you've struck out 7 times
and you're tellin me I don't know how to play the "game of life"
ohhh the irony

turboguy nuffin about ego, just pointing out FACTS to our confused and hopelessly lost child of god

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:08:14 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:16 PM »
You're not even honest about that...  SC used ( note the past tense) mamba - are you suggesting she'was  hooker, now ? ! ))   

You are the one earlier in this thread that said Mamba is a place for a short term hookup and possible lifetime of regret as in getting a disease. You insulted your fiancée. I say the place she signed up on is a great place to find women.

I DID say she regarded it as the preserve of males looking for quick sex and not 'serious men'...

Yet two years ago you recommended Mamba to her friends. I posted a link earlier to the thread but it got deleted. You've been recommending Mamba forever until the day you wanted to disagree with me.

Anyhoo, if many men participating at Mamba are morally bankrupt, there's absolutely no reason decent men shouldn't be having success. You don't have to be the best guy in the world, just better than most your competition.

Edit: Billy, with all due respect your posts come across with a condescending undertone, as if any guy who doesn't brag about dating dozens of women or found his true love on mamba is some sort of social gimp who should cure his leprosy before jumping on a plane. I'm not sure this is intended but it may be why others who frequent this board aren't the most convivial towards you.

A tear runs down my cheek. What do you propose I do to win a popularity contest here? Look at the FEW guys who are not nice to me. They are a brick shy of a full load and they are all single.

Next time someone needs advice on what site to use, feel free to say Mamba is crap and give your reasons. I'll say it's a great place to find a woman and give my reasons. It should end there and a newbie can choose advice based on who gives the best reasoning. If you proceed to challenge my experience, I'll challenge your ability to use the site and find a woman. Fair enough?

Offline msmob

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2018, 12:24:11 AM »
You are the one earlier in this thread that said Mamba is a place for a short term hookup and possible lifetime of regret as in getting a disease. You insulted your fiancée. I say the place she signed up on is a great place to find women.

I apologise to anyone dropping in on this thread and believing you are watching the scribes of a normal person

BillyB reading lesson .. Try to understand... I was referring to sexual liaisons arrived at by any means - not just mamba :ROFL:

Yet two years ago you recommended Mamba to her friends. I posted a link earlier to the thread but it got deleted. You've been recommending Mamba forever until the day you wanted to disagree with me.

Silly BillyB Telly Tubbie moment : No-ow ..    SC would NOT recommend mamba.ru to anyone- it is funny that you would suggest otherwise !

Anyhoo, if many men participating at Mamba are morally bankrupt, there's absolutely no reason decent men shouldn't be having success. You don't have to be the best guy in the world, just better than most your competition.

If one likes to do things the hard way... BillyB's your man... IF the woman looking for an LTR / marriage on mamba.ru...?

A tear runs down my cheek. What do you propose I do to win a popularity contest here? Look at the FEW guys who are not nice to me. They are a brick shy of a full load and they are all single.

Another  Telly Tubbie moment ... you are being challenged by guys who are married / in LTR's, too and some of them have actually been to the FSU in the last few years..

Your 'advice' re mamba.ru sucks

Next time someone needs advice on what site to use, feel free to say Mamba is crap and give your reasons. I'll say it's a great place to find a woman and give my reasons. It should end there and a newbie can choose advice based on who gives the best reasoning. If you proceed to challenge my experience, I'll challenge your ability to use the site and find a woman. Fair enough?

Hardly. You demonstrably don't know - your info is just about a decade out of date- you're not still going to the FSU  nor listening to those who are there.

Your challenge is so much bollox .. You'd actually con a woman to be interested in you, for an experiment ?

Thanks for further demonstrating your 'sanity' ..

Hopefully, my days of ever having to use a dating app / dating site are finished ..I don't feel the need to demonstrate 'what I've got' to any other woman ... just my beloved ..

I've far more respect for a guy who has a settled, calm, loving relationship over a creepy  bloke who feels the need to prove his 'manliness' ...

If you choose to recommend mamba.ru - expect to be challenged with questions like :

1/ ..and how long ago did you use the site to find a wife ?

2/ when did you last date an FSU W ( other than your wife of a decade ) from the site..?

3/ When were you last in the FSU ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2018, 06:12:37 AM »
Or get a great price for paid for sex...  Our BillyB doesn't understand Russian, doesn't go there and insists on 'recommending mamba' to newbies - despite it now sucking as a place for a westerner to seek a wife ...

Mamba should be great if you are looking for a very short relationship with some sort of gratification and possible a life time of regret..

BillyB reading lesson .. Try to understand... I was referring to sexual liaisons arrived at by any means - not just mamba :ROFL:

Get your head examined Moby. If  all you found were hookers in the biggest pool of single FSU women there is, you have a problem since no quality woman answered your message. They figured you out in one message.

Offline msmob

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
Get your head examined Moby. If  all you found were hookers in the biggest pool of single FSU women there is, you have a problem since no quality woman answered your message. They figured you out in one message.

Thanks, for taking the time to read my responses ( not) and also dealing with my points in a well-reasoned, point by point basis ( not)

1/ mamba.ru is NOT the biggest pool

2/ the only women I saw on mamba - that interested me - was a woman who hadn't logged in for ages and I set about tracking her down .. As to her 'quality' - I'm quite satisfied ;)

3/ I said that SC reckoned that many of the guys on mamba were mainly after sex rather than a relationship and that many hookers on mamba were easily identifiable..

4/ I am not suggesting there aren't good women on mamba - I AM saying there are better places, now

You haven't used the site in a decade - (unless winding up women you have no intention of meeting )   and I five years.. 

We have others who are single and live in the FSU telling you that it ain't a good place - yet Billy - who doesn't even GO to the FSU  'knows better ' :)

Offline Jumper

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2018, 01:27:38 AM »
At some point she started complaining about her husband not being able to provide for this and that and then she said "Well, but in order to replace him, I would have to go to the gym, keep a diet, put on make up and high heels and go on those boring dates again. I am not up to it.  I would rather curb my wants and stay where I am.

I know its your friend, but assuming she is an adult , has earning her own this or that ever crossed her mind? There are more than 2 options in life. Lol

I understand mercenary,   but based on that if  her husband provided more of this or that ,then he could trade her for the woman that goes to the gym ,watches what she eats, wears makeup,  dresses well etc.etc right. ?
Kind of a slippery slope for those with that mentality.

Same ol , same ol.

Hopefully their relationship has a tad more depth than that.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701