It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to Visit Many without lying?  (Read 124808 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How to Visit Many without lying?
« Reply #425 on: November 26, 2018, 12:40:56 PM »
Yeah. 

Was just banging my head against the desk thinking how stupid it would be to go to the coast of the Black Sea right now.  Although Russia will probably be a lot quieter than Ukraine.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #426 on: November 26, 2018, 02:28:11 PM »
BB, you are headed to Kyiv and will stay there, correct?   The latest news is martial law to be implemented in territories bordering Russia, the Azov Sea and Black Sea.

I am flying back to Kyiv tomorrow.  Then 2 days in Poltava Oblast, then on to....Donetsk Oblast.  Fun.

Offline brownbeard99

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #427 on: November 26, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »
BB, you are headed to Kyiv and will stay there, correct?   The latest news is martial law to be implemented in territories bordering Russia, the Azov Sea and Black Sea.

I am flying back to Kyiv tomorrow.  Then 2 days in Poltava Oblast, then on to....Donetsk Oblast.  Fun.
Yea... I just boarded to plane. This should be interesting.  Maybe I’ll run into you in Kiev or Poltava...lol. The duchess’ family owns a hotel in Poltava. We may go there for the weekend if everything works out.... 

Or I may be alone under my bed trying to hide from the Russian Invasion...

Seriously though.. how bad can martial law be?  I once lived in a country that was occupied by a foreign military and it wasn’t bad... but, then again... I was the foreign military...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:12:09 PM by brownbeard99 »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #428 on: November 26, 2018, 03:25:05 PM »
Seriously though.. how bad can martial law be?  I once lived in a country that was occupied by a foreign military and it wasn’t bad... but, then again... I was the foreign military...

:rolleyes:

Seriously, have a nice and safe trip! Eyes wide open, baby!

If you're interested, do write a trip report, sans any details you may want to skip...Also, you can write a T/R void of any responses here, if you so desire...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?board=60.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:26:47 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #429 on: November 26, 2018, 03:46:32 PM »
Seriously though.. how bad can martial law be? 

You're an American and Ukraine needs powerful friends right now. Creating an international incident with you will piss off Americans and America will be less likely to help Ukraine should they get invaded. Don't sweat it, you'll be fine.....but just in case I'm wrong, I hope you brought that postage paid, self addressed body bag with you so the authorities can mail you home.

Don't let your girl know you have fears about what is going on. Focus on her and enjoy the moment.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:03:07 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #430 on: November 26, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »

Martial law only in the 10 oblasts bordering Russia (also Transniestra)and the Sea's
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2018, 05:54:47 PM »

Right,

An American going to the Donetsk Oblast.   Have you watched the Vice News episode whereby the reporter gets hauled off to someone's basement?  Have you really thought this through?   Donetsk is ruled by a bunch of thugs right now.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2018, 10:25:26 PM »
Right,

An American going to the Donetsk Oblast.   Have you watched the Vice News episode whereby the reporter gets hauled off to someone's basement?  Have you really thought this through?   Donetsk is ruled by a bunch of thugs right now.

Without considering the potential of the current situation -- I wrote recently that areas of the Donetsk Oblast quite close to the frontline   are remarkably normal in the everday life sense.
Some that were temporarily under Russian occupation ( with all the scars) people are going about their daily business .

That in no way is intended to encourage anyone not savvy to be there at this time.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #433 on: November 27, 2018, 01:23:11 AM »
I’ll be in Donetsk Oblast, on the Ukrainian side, not Donetsk, and not (hopefully) near the border. 

BB, perhaps we can meet, but I think you'll be at KBP airport?  We will arrive at Zhuliany at 16:30 from Bratislava.

Good luck and safe journeys!  Do write a TR if you get a chance.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #434 on: November 27, 2018, 01:58:01 AM »
I’ll be in Donetsk Oblast, on the Ukrainian side, not Donetsk, and not (hopefully) near the border. 

BB, perhaps we can meet, but I think you'll be at KBP airport?  We will arrive at Zhuliany at 16:30 from Bratislava.

Good luck and safe journeys!  Do write a TR if you get a chance.

Thanks!

Yea, I’ll be at KBP. I’m in Vienna now and about to take off.

I may end up flying down to Zaporizhia later in the week if Kiev doesn’t work out as planned.  Since my girl won’t be in Kiev until tomorrow, I managed to squeeze in another date this evening (no WMVM vs. WOVO lectures please)

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #435 on: November 27, 2018, 02:02:39 AM »
:rolleyes:

Seriously, have a nice and safe trip! Eyes wide open, baby!

If you're interested, do write a trip report, sans any details you may want to skip...Also, you can write a T/R void of any responses here, if you so desire...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?board=60.0

Thanks GQ!

I will do a trip report sans comments later... I’d like to share without everyone picking apart every detail apart!

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #436 on: November 27, 2018, 03:10:15 AM »
Interesting.  We we're in Vienna yesterday, waiting 2 hours for the warning strike to end to take our train to Bratislava.  Leave it up to the Austrians to first, announce and plan a strike, and then strike between 12:00 to 14:00, precisely.  At 14:00 the first train rolled into the station, followed by the others.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #437 on: November 27, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
Landed in Kyiv Zhuliany.  No problems, only danger is sister-in-law-to-be's driving...

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #438 on: November 27, 2018, 08:35:22 AM »
Much ado about nothing...

It seems like business as usual around here.  In general, I’m kind of underwhelmed here.  This is just like any big city... nice malls with everything... I am getting by just fine.  Maybe it’s not a good deal here, but I hired a guy to be my personal driver for $20 an hour.  He will take me around and sit and wait for me... he’s a good tour guide and, hey... I’m helping the local economy. 

My aparment is nice and modern... no complaints so far...

Offline rwd123

« Reply #439 on: November 27, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »
Maybe it’s not a good deal here, but I hired a guy to be my personal driver for $20 an hour. 
It's not a deal, it's a rip off. Just use Uber whenever you need to travel, or get around on foot/metro (8UAH per trip ~ 30 cents).

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #440 on: November 27, 2018, 02:16:09 PM »
$20 is theoretically a rip off, but if BB is getting decent info to speed up his knowledge of Kiev & the driver is waiting it could be worth if to BB. I get the impression money is not much of an object to BB. Often FSW want guys to 'lead' which even with the resources of the internet is not easy these days if you don't know where you are, lol.

On the return trip to Borispol airport on my first trip I didn't have enough ghrivna's left to hand when trting to get a taxi fron thd hotel. It was too early in the morning & all the cash exchanges would have been shut & there were no nearby cash machines around. So I offered the guy £20 for the journey, he eagerly accepted & double checked at least once to confirm what I said is what he thought I said (maybe my reputation had already spread ;D ). For me it was partly an experiment as well as convience. It told me that money speaks out there and people will be pretty enthuiastic to what is just a few extra $ or £ out there - a relatively insignificant sum to us in the big scheme of things but worth a lot more to them. I didn't mind the extra so much it highlighted how poor they are out there and helping them out with a few extra quid is really appreciated. He no doubt ate well on me that evening.

That said I would usually use apps these days to get a cheap fare as I like to get stuff cheap and many a taxi driver can also be shysters. Watch them with care.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #441 on: November 27, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
Well, I would say my first day in Kiev was a smashing success!

First, I’m trying to figure out if people on this forum are out of touch or were just f***ing with me on the beard thing. As a beard owner, I couldn’t help but notice beards are just as popular in Kiev as they are in the US... maybe even more popular... and a lot of these guys with beards had cute girlfriends too.  “Nuf said.

As for me and my beard, we had a good day. I rushed to take a shower and get to the date I had set for the afternoon.  The girl said I took too long and said she had to go to work, so she wanted to reschedule for tomorrow.  I called another girl to confirm our date (as I was triple booked) and she couldn’t make it until way later. I called another girl to set something up.  I set a date with her... immediately the second girl tried calling me to get out original date time back, but I had to tell her “no” because I already had a date for tonight.

I would have sh*t of my date cancelled after all this BS... I was beginning to wonder if I will ever get my first date in Ukraine.

Anyway, we met at Independence Square, then went to the mall there before eating dinner at Mafia.  After dinner, we got in an Uber and went back to my apartment.  I clearing my calendar and spending the rest of the week with this lovely gal.  She is 25, never married and no kids... pretty much the exact girl people said I would never have a chance with. It’s going to be a great week!

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #442 on: November 27, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »
Think the beard advice is just a playing if safe thing , it's probably not a deal breaker for many women if  the right guy has one I'm thinking.

Where are you sourcing your girls from BB? You seem to be bringing them up pretty quick. Are you still considering meeting the 'duchess' who you had planned to meet tomorrow?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #443 on: November 27, 2018, 08:53:02 PM »
Think the beard advice is just a playing if safe thing , it's probably not a deal breaker for many women if  the right guy has one I'm thinking.

Where are you sourcing your girls from BB? You seem to be bringing them up pretty quick. Are you still considering meeting the 'duchess' who you had planned to meet tomorrow?
I met these girls on fdating and UkraineDate.  Many of them are willing to give out their phone number after one or two exchanges.

I haven’t decided on the dutchess yet!  Her plane will be landing in five hours...

Offline JayH

« Reply #444 on: November 28, 2018, 12:04:41 AM »
I met these girls on fdating and UkraineDate.  Many of them are willing to give out their phone number after one or two exchanges.

I haven’t decided on the dutchess yet!  Her plane will be landing in five hours...

So--back to the thread title and what you are telling girls?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #445 on: November 28, 2018, 12:21:42 AM »
So--back to the thread title and what you are telling girls?

I tell them.. “I met this girl online and I thought we really had a connection, so I bought a plane ticket and made plans to see her.  Unfortunately, after a lot of talking I discovered that it wasn’t going to work out with her.  I already purchased my plane ticket, so I decided to go to Ukraine anyway, even though I’m not going to see anyone in particular anymore.  If you are free during the next few days, I would love to meet you”

It works like a charm, and it’s 100% true... I guess after pages and pages of discussion in this thread, I finally answered my own question!

Offline rwd123

« Reply #446 on: November 28, 2018, 12:50:04 AM »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #447 on: November 28, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
Seriously though.. how bad can martial law be?  I once lived in a country that was occupied
by a foreign military and it wasn’t bad... but, then again... I was the foreign military...

It could be pretty bad, but I doubt that there will be any problems in or near Kiev.
If you see a Russian tank rolling down the street, I would make a note to cut my
trip short.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #448 on: November 28, 2018, 02:51:07 PM »
I tell them.. “I met this girl online and I thought we really had a connection, so I bought a plane ticket and made plans to see her.  Unfortunately, after a lot of talking I discovered that it wasn’t going to work out with her.  I already purchased my plane ticket, so I decided to go to Ukraine anyway, even though I’m not going to see anyone in particular anymore.  If you are free during the next few days, I would love to meet you”

It works like a charm, and it’s 100% true... I guess after pages and pages of discussion in this thread, I finally answered my own question!

In my opinion, you've volunteered too much information too early. This is about her not the
previous girl. That is an excellent thing to say after she brings it up. 

How about this instead:

I saw your photo and was captivated by your smile, I want to meet you for coffee to
see if I can make you smile even more.

Pishi!

The Brown Bearded One

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #449 on: November 28, 2018, 05:45:42 PM »
In my opinion, you've volunteered too much information too early. This is about her not the
previous girl. That is an excellent thing to say after she brings it up. 

How about this instead:

I saw your photo and was captivated by your smile, I want to meet you for coffee to
see if I can make you smile even more.

Pishi!
The Brown Bearded One

Sorry Bill...I kinda like what BB said although I agree it was too verbose...

If asked, why not just be straight.

If the following question is - 'Why are you in Ukraine?' - 'I have an opportunity to be in Ukraine and would like to meet people and explore further opportunity to possibly meet someone whom I can have a mutual interest with to pursue possible lasting relationship with.'

"Is that the only reason why you came to Ukraine"?: If the reason is such, then just respond 'yes'. If not, 'say it didn't work out with a gal I met online. It isn't a loss. We were just not compatible. This is reality.'

'Does this means you'll meet someone else besides me?'. 'That depends in how we spent the next few moments together.'

Then just look directly at her. If she fussed, end the drama. She ain't the one. Be gracious.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541400
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2796
Most Online Ever: 12701