It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Bizarre activities, most of which took place in Florida  (Read 97027 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Nine foot Florida alligator found with man's body in his mouth
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/body-gator-found-in-polk-county-lake

At one point in the story the gator is described as 9 feet while at another point it's described as 8 feet.

For the metric folks 9 feet is nearly 3 meters.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Bizarre activities, most of which took place in Florida
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2016, 10:15:15 AM »
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/body-gator-found-in-polk-county-lake

At one point in the story the gator is described as 9 feet while at another point it's described as 8 feet.

For the metric folks 9 feet is nearly 3 meters.

The gator was seen rolling it's prey when they arrived on the scene. Usually means the animal in it's jaws is still alive.

Nine feet is big, but not as big as the 15 footer they just caught dragging full grown cows underwater...

http://www.newsweek.com/alligator-florida-photo-cattle-444697

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »

Here's another bizarre activity. South Florida population increases due to war in Ukraine.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article82336357.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2016, 02:08:47 PM »
Here's another bizarre activity. South Florida population increases due to war in Ukraine.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article82336357.html

Sunny Isles aka Little Odessa. We were there Sunday night. Small strip of high rises located just north of Miami by the nude beaches.

We went out to a lounge/bowling alley owned by Russians Monday night in the area as well. Easy to tell when prices are high, techno is booming and hookahs are served who owns the establishment.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »
We went out to a lounge/bowling alley owned by Russians Monday night in the area as well. Easy to tell when prices are high, techno is booming and hookahs are served who owns the establishment.

Hookahs or hookers?  :D

Offline JayH

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2016, 11:16:54 PM »
Such desirable trash

Miami becomes 'Little Moscow': FBI says Russian mob eclipses Italian Mafia in South Florida

Russian mobs have surpassed the Italian Mafia as the FBI's 'no.1 priority' in South Florida after a string of recent nightclub busts.

In April, six notorious members of an Eastern European network - along with a Sunny Isles investor and 10 'Bar Girls' imported mostly from Latvia and Estonia - were charged with conspiring to tempt and rob South Beach tourists by racking up their credit card bills for alcohol at private Russian-speaking clubs on Washington Avenue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393246/Russian-mob-eclipses-Italian-Mafia-South-Florida-FBI-says.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2016, 11:50:33 AM »
Did you guys see the video of this kidnapping attempt in Florida?  It's insane.

My dad always had an idea about moving to Florida.  I tried to talk him out of it.  There just seems like a ton of crazy stuff going on there. 

Offline alex330

« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:59 PM »
Russian mobs have surpassed the Italian Mafia as the FBI's 'no.1 priority' in South Florida after a string of recent nightclub busts.

Not a lot of Italian mobsters down here. Mostly those that have already served their time up north and move down to retire or get out of the game. A RW we know married one here, pretty harmless guy at this point.

We have had some Russian mob. One ran several strip clubs but they booted him from the country years ago. Most just invest or vacation here.

There are organized Cuban grow op rings down here that are high on the Feds watch list. Venezuelan businessmen as well.

South Florida is a bit unique in that it is so diverse and many operate without organizations like they may elsewhere. It is kind of every man for himself down here in regards to the mentality. Many organizations or criminals will live or invest here, but not operate.

Offline alex330

« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »
There just seems like a ton of crazy stuff going on there.

It is always Florida. They have game shows about it and most of the TV shows for crime or murder are filmed here. There is a reason for that. I think it is the swamp water we drink.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »
It is always Florida. They have game shows about it and most of the TV shows for crime or murder are filmed here. There is a reason for that. I think it is the swamp water we drink.

And I always thought it was the drugs.  haha  I remember watching a video of a man driving up to a empty parked police car, getting out and dancing on the roof.  Apparently he was trying to dance away vampires or something like that. 

Who needs television shows when you could sit outside and watch reality tv.   :P

Offline Larry1

« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:23 PM »

And I always thought it was the drugs.  haha  I remember watching a video of a man driving up to a empty parked police car, getting out and dancing on the roof.  Apparently he was trying to dance away vampires or something like that. 

Who needs television shows when you could sit outside and watch reality tv.   :P

There are a lot of drugs in Florida.

The state has a lot of flakka and bath salts, in addition to the older drugs. A guy tried to eat a person's face off under the influence of bath salts:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/flakka-floridas-dangerous-new-drug-trend/

Offline ML

« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »
The state has a lot of flakka and bath salts,

I lead such a sheltered life that I don't even know what those two are.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Larry1

Alligator kills toddler at Walt Disney World
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2016, 05:19:07 PM »
We've been talking about gators in Florida. I think most of you have heard about this, but I thought I would include it in this thread.

The boy's family was at a movie night outdoors at the Grand Floridian resort when around 9 p.m. the boy waded into about a foot of water in a lagoon, authorities have said. Witnesses, including the boy's horrified parents, tried to save him. His father jumped in and tried to pry the gator's mouth open. His mother jumped in, too.
But it was too late. The child was dragged underwater in the Seven Seas Lagoon ...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Bizarre activities, most of which took place in Florida
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »
This one is in the UK, they won't be tried until 2017? why is that?

Cops charged with using police helicopter to spy on naked people

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/293308/british-cops-police-helicopters-spying-on-naked-people/
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Larry1

« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2016, 06:45:16 PM »
This one is in the UK, they won't be tried until 2017? why is that?

It looks like they were arrested in May.  2017 will be here in six and a half months. Lots of things have to happen in the pre-trial period. And in addition to that the courts may be backed up.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Bizarre activities, most of which took place in Florida
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2016, 07:33:16 PM »
It looks like they were arrested in May.  2017 will be here in six and a half months. Lots of things have to happen in the pre-trial period. And in addition to that the courts may be backed up.

In the USA you have a right to a speedy trial, maybe you don't in the UK or they
waived it for some reason.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline fathertime

Re: Alligator kills toddler at Walt Disney World
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2016, 07:36:38 PM »
We've been talking about gators in Florida. I think most of you have heard about this, but I thought I would include it in this thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida

This was an awful story.  I envision myself in that situation and it makes me nauseous.  The poor parents having to witness this happening to their child. The parents did the best they could once it happened....In my opinion Disney is in for a well-deserved lawsuit.  People from outside of the area needed to be clearly informed that there were potentially alligators in that body of water. 

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:39:37 PM by fathertime »
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline alex330

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2016, 08:24:37 PM »

The parents did the best they could once it happened....In my opinion Disney is in for a well-deserved lawsuit.  People from outside of the area needed to be clearly informed that there were potentially alligators in that body of water. 

Disney will of course settle for a large sum, but we have become a sue happy nation. They let a toddler wade into a lake at 9pm. Horrible incident like you say though. I can't imagine what they are going through.

For those who don't live in Florida -  don't swim in the lakes and canals. We have gators, moccasins, brain eating amoebas, hantavirus, leptospirosis, and meningitis.

We are in the month of June, peak mating season for gators. Large males go on walkabouts from lake to lake. There is no way to stop them from entering a lake. And females guard the nests and will attack for no reason.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2016, 09:03:14 PM »
In my opinion Disney is in for a well-deserved lawsuit.  People from outside of the area needed to be clearly informed that there were potentially alligators in that body of water. 

I'm not so sure about that. Depends on Florida's laws. There are beach front hotels in Hawaii and there are no signs warning of sharks. Warnings of sharks and alligators are bad for tourism in Hawaii and Florida. The government tries to keep these kinds of attacks from the media. If the news goes national, it'll hurt tourism and their tax revenue. There are lots of alligator and shark attacks we don't hear about.

A 2 yo playing in the water unsupervised may have died by drowning. Parents should get some blame.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2016, 09:10:30 PM »

Disney will of course settle for a large sum, but we have become a sue happy nation. They let a toddler wade into a lake at 9pm. Horrible incident like you say though. I can't imagine what they are going through.

For those who don't live in Florida -  don't swim in the lakes and canals. We have gators, moccasins, brain eating amoebas, hantavirus, leptospirosis, and meningitis.

We are in the month of June, peak mating season for gators. Large males go on walkabouts from lake to lake. There is no way to stop them from entering a lake. And females guard the nests and will attack for no reason.

It's a man made lake, and Disney has beach events every night, so I can understand the parents' thinking.

Apparently, the lake is attached to a canal, which is how the alligators get in the lake. If Disney knew there could be alligators in that lake, there should have been signage.

I stayed at a few resorts in Orlando, and they all had alligator warning signs.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »
This just broke my heart.  I couldn't imagine what the parents are going through.  Last I checked they ended up with over 5 alligators being dragged out searching for the child.  Who knows how many more are still in that water.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:33:49 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2016, 09:48:43 PM »
I'm not so sure about that. Depends on Florida's laws. There are beach front hotels in Hawaii and there are no signs warning of sharks. Warnings of sharks and alligators are bad for tourism in Hawaii and Florida. The government tries to keep these kinds of attacks from the media. If the news goes national, it'll hurt tourism and their tax revenue. There are lots of alligator and shark attacks we don't hear about.

A 2 yo playing in the water unsupervised may have died by drowning. Parents should get some blame.

My impression was that the boy was right there in ankle deep water with the parents close-by and watching.  They probably never expected an alligator pop up at disney. The same thing could have happened if the boy was back a few feet in the sand near the shore...really they should have mentioned to tourists that alligators might be present!

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2016, 09:50:25 PM »

My impression was that the boy was right there in ankle deep water with the parents close-by and watching.  They probably never expected an alligator pop up at disney. The same thing could have happened if the boy was back a few feet in the sand near the shore...really they should have mentioned to tourists that alligators might be present!

Fathertime!

That is what I read as well.  I also read there was a no swimming sign but no alligator warnings. 

Offline alex330

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2016, 10:07:51 PM »

Now that I am reading more about the incident on other news sites, it seems you are correct. Looks like they were on the man made Disney beach at the hotel. Freak accident with all the right circumstances in place for an attack. Family would never have known...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2016, 10:41:54 PM »
Tough week for Orlando. First a singer was murdered, then the terrorist attack and now death of a 2 yo by an alligator.

The sheriffs department and Florida Fish and Wildlife praised Disney for having a very proactive program in removing alligators. It's a never ending battle.

It's understandable everybody is calling for warning signs after the situation but I found that there were only 23 deaths by alligators in Florida in the last 43 years. This is rarer than being murdered by a gun. Might as well have business establishments posting signs warning of dying by gun before alligator.

Disney will probably offer money to the parents even if they believe they can win. The public backlash for playing hard ball will cost them more in the end.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:21:30 AM by BillyB »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM