It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Change of life style  (Read 7003 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Change of life style
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 11:08:12 AM »
Not even get rid of your bed and redo the bedroom? Your wife is definitely the exception. You should keep her.

Correct on all.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 06:29:25 PM »
One of the best parts of dating fsu is watching your lady strut through London turning the heads of men and women fortunately they do not adapt and still have the shortest dresses and smartest heels after several years.  If you end up living with her you kitchen is going to get an ergonomic makeover as is your wardrobe and your bedroom bedlinen and curtains.  So might as well wait.  Most fsu have good taste.  if I was you id complement and support her dress sense why import a Ferrari and turn her into a Chevrolet

:clapping:

I second that :) Its part of what I like about FSW. Who wants their woman to look dowdy to fit in with all the other dowdy dressed women. For women jeans are mostly real boring unexiting stuff for them to wear. I've seen the way many US girls dress and apart from the exceptions most girls that adopt the 'casual look' its just really dull and unbecoming, possibly worse than even UK girls. Its like they have all been turned out of some machine to all look automaton, not stand out and all the same. Its a very unappealing sight, its like a 'I've just thrown on this and its ok' sort of attitude, like some slack pair of jeans and some mundane sweater or shirt, not a great look. Lets face it that stuff basically started out life as mens wear and I've heard that few FSW like it very much and that's on men.

Again the previous girl I was with had her tastes in clothes for me to wear even though I was quite smartly dressed. Kind of annoying really, I spent a fair bit on some decent western brand clothes that cost a decent sum only for the girl to want me to wear other stuff. If that happens with many a girl it could become a real pain. The lady we were renting the apartment though specifically recalled a US guy that came to meet another FSW, he was dressed US casual style to the T by all description, apparently it did not go down well and the FSW on seeing him rather wished he wasn't there for her, lol.

On the plus side if she dresses you up a bit you'll beat the local competition :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:36:51 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »
For women jeans are mostly real boring unexciting stuff for them to wear.

I disagree.
Women (with good bodies), look very good in skinny jeans and form fitting sweater.
Go with such a gal to an event where there are many steps to climb to go to and from seats (sports games, etc.).
She will draw the looks of virtually every man and woman within viewing distance.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 12:42:51 AM »
One of the best parts of dating fsu is watching your lady strut through London turning the heads of men and women fortunately they do not adapt and still have the shortest dresses and smartest heels after several years.  If you end up living with her you kitchen is going to get an ergonomic makeover as is your wardrobe and your bedroom bedlinen and curtains.  So might as well wait.  Most fsu have good taste.  if I was you id complement and support her dress sense why import a Ferrari and turn her into a Chevrolet

I've dated a few FSU W and I dread when they first want to buy me clothes .....   

As for adapting to western culture .. depends on the lass ..

I totally disagree with James re the 'up to 40 thang' and clothes, too

Never met a FSU W who didn't like shopping for clothes...although SC hates synthetic material and looks for style ideas and makes her own !

She HATES wearing jeans ....   But.. I readily admit 'normal' she is not ;)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 10:42:48 AM »
I have never been out with an f s u woman who wore jeans unless they have first sized holes cut In them or they've been cut down to shorts.  Cowboy I'm concerned you let your first wife play games with you and kept you moving walls and windows .  You've asked some questions on this site that show a lack of self confidence.  I hope you are not talking to your g f like this.  Just be careful you have the key to a very valuable usa passport and property that when split will set her up nicely in her new life.  So just remember to play it alpha at all times which definetly means keeping your own clothing style .  Get a pre nuptial agreement  . Keep your wits about you in the blur of legs and curves.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 12:36:21 PM »
T wears jeans, and it's far from mundane.  Form-fitting skinny Levi's 501, $170 in Ukraine that we picked up for a "bargain" in Vienna for $110.  Even matched with a loose fitting sweater she looks fantastic.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 05:18:34 PM »

T wears jeans, and it's far from mundane.  Form-fitting skinny Levi's 501, $170 in Ukraine that we picked up for a "bargain" in Vienna for $110.  Even matched with a loose fitting sweater she looks fantastic.

I see less and less jeans being worn. Leggings are very popular and the FSUW have nice legs to show off.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline DCcowboy

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 05:41:06 PM »
I have seen her wearing jeans. But she looks very good and classy.

Offline Gator

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »
WHAT DO RUSSIAN-AMERICANS WEAR?

MIAMI WEALTHY.  We just attended a Russian "superstar" music concert in Miami at the Fillmore Theater.   Tickets were expensive.  About 3,000 wealthy Russians of all ages attended, wearing what they deemed fashionable attire. 

Overall, I observed three different camps, and the colors among all tended to be dark or understated. 

1.  As Boe wrote, a large number selected the ostentatious option, expensive but tasteless in my opinion such as the words "Christian Dior" emblazoned in large glitzy letters on the reverse of a jacket.

2.  Many men and some women wore expensive jeans with a fashionable jacket. 

3.  Many were dressed in the style my wife prefers and calls "classy."  I would label it as "sophisticated chic."  Well tailored, high quality material, understated yet polished.  This is how my wife dresses, except she will frequently display more color than the average RW. 

I do not recall seeing any woman dressed in an artsy style, nor did any of the young women have a "preppy" or "rocker" look.   It was either too cold that evening or the tickets too expensive because only a very few women wore sexy attire (mistresses?  ;)).   

I was ordered to wear dark trousers with black shoes, with a linen sport coat and white shirt. 

HOCKEY WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS.  My wife somehow became friends of the Russian mama of a Tampa Bay hockey player.  We have attended a few games and sat in the family section behind the bench.  Mama dresses in "classy" clothes.  The Russian wives/girlfriends tend to wear jeans and expensive sweaters/jackets, all with understated colors.  Gorgeous women!!!   BTW a shout-out to the Tampa Bay Lightning, who seem invincible (so far). 

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 06:03:28 PM »
WHAT DO RUSSIAN-AMERICANS WEAR?

I was ordered to wear .......

Yep.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Jumper

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
I am not sure how the discussion changed to trying to educate me on what it is like to live with a woman. But believe me I understand.  :cluebat:

What you'all are talking about is minor!! I did three full house remodels for my first wife. BTW That is the danger of being a general contractor. She had me moving walls like they were Legos. Changing and adding window as if it was as easy as drawing it on paper. So you want to talk about expensive, the first remodel cost me 70k usd$ in materials alone and that was on the lower end of the three. I understand this part very clearly. If I get away with just buying furniture and decorating and painting. I would be a very happy man. That is nothing to me. Easy-peasy. I understand some men are a little intimidated about removing walls, but not me.

What I was asking about and maybe was not clear. Is about if when Russian Ladies come to US or other, do they maintain the same fashion. Because she dresses like a runway model. Inclusive of furs, jewelery, silk, etc. She is a very classy Lady. But maybe instead of remodeling a house my money will be going to make sure she is well taken care of, which of course I wouldn't dream of anything less.

The two Ladies that responded cleared up my question.

Well you have lots of opinions,  and why wouldnt you, as we each marry individuals .

My wife taught pattern making and is an excellent seamstress.There is very little she couldn't make it she wanted to. (She left that career to be an accountant,as it's what worked for her at the time)
Anyway the background is a pretty good sense of fashion and a keen interest in it.Although she has always preferred a more subdued or simple style.
She dislikes the over done stereotypical Russian flair.
She does like to keep up with the latest style and trends ,and can easily dress so.

However that interest is not in wearing it herself really. she actually seldom.shops for clothes , and i cannot recall the last time she wore high heels or anything resembling the fashion youd see downtown in her birth city.
   In fact there was never a time once here, that she went to that type of style.
  She wears jeans ,shorts, of yoga pants most days, I certainly dont blame her or want her to change her style.
  You couldn't pick her out by style from any other of the thousands of soccer or dance moms in my area.

All this to say , here is a  fsu person with a background of interest in fashion,
Who has never dressed in the west any different than any nornal.person her age here.
Part of thst may be self confidence, she didn't feel any need to stick out like a white bird,and a greate part of that is with a child, her focus is on other things in life,  family, etc.,
Seeing a cool dress design,  she would notice, but not different than seeing a cool painting, it doesnt mean youd want to have it in your home, , or  wear it.?
She has very little interest in jewelry, anymore, and certainly  not into furs.
  So in my case, no, that's not some cultural  trait that lingers at all.

(Certainly ive seen cases of the opposite as well)

Anyway I still contend that you simply cant reliably predict what a person you hardly know will do during or after assimilation to a new culture.
Much less about something like fashion sense.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
I think that your Russian lady will soon notice how do people around her tend to dress,
and will pick up a good idea of what would be appropriate. Even then I think she would
chose something on the higher end ;)

+1

Also, as it relates to the OP she will steer him into wearing better clothes when going
out.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM