It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: "Let me, That's women work", She said....  (Read 17603 times)

Offline Mir

Re: "Let me, That's women work", She said....
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2007, 09:25:14 AM »
One of Cesar's biggest frustrations was his developing male pattern baldness. He could have done well to consult a good dermatologist :)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2007, 09:42:41 AM »
One of Cesar's biggest frustrations was his developing male pattern baldness. He could have done well to consult a good dermatologist :)
He probably did, but the specialty was in its infancy then, and wearing a cow dung spread or similar remedies on his pate for a few weeks could not much appeal to his statesmanship ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »
Umm...  I started this post because I was just wondering if I should help with the dishes!  Wow.  LOL

Definitely a learning experience.  ;)

Well Dave, by now I would have thought you would already know that absolutely nothing related to FSUW is simple... ;D

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Yulz

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
Well, you could always post your picture here...  ;D  LOL

err... and what's stopping me from posting a picture that's not mine? :P

Offline Yulz

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »
Yeah:) Juliette is absolutely amazing I think  though I like  this name Yulichka or  Yulita it is like in spanish manner well they start it with the other letter, but we can ommit it:)))

Or Yulitochka or Juliettochka  but yes I agree Juliette is absolutely passionate mysterious and full of pure beauty:)

Of course I picked it out quickly cos Yulz:P what else could it be? Yulz it is like in russian Юльс I think very friendly name plus this name means cuddly , curly something like that:)

I love to learn things about names my fav russian names are Nastya , Irina, Ekaterina well I like Yulia of course, I also like the name Sofia,  but I like the cuddly name of it Sonichka:)

hahahaha! you're too funny, Jazzy! Juliettochka does sound pretty cool. It's like Italian and Russian all in one (v odnom flakone) :) :)
Wow, I never knew that Sonia was a short version of Sofia!!!

Offline Yulz

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »
The term matriarchy has become somewhat of a feminist term because there is really no common agreement on what the term means.  If you are referring to a matrilinear society, such as the ancient Egyptians you mention followed, this only reflects only the ruling class and the transfer of power through the lineage of the woman.  Most societies that were once termed matriarchal were and are in fact egalitarian, where the decision making power is not based on sex at all and women have an equal voice.
Despite your claim, there never was widespread matriarchy.  Of course a standard may change over time, but despite significant changes in circumstances over the centuries, the "traditional" roles have been maintained.  Even in those societies that were forced into a different role through wars or natural disasters, once the situation normalized, the traditional roles were resumed.

ScottinCrimea!!! LOL LOL!!! Everyone, I'm giving up the reign to the King of History over here!!! :D
You are absolutely right about the traditional roles having been a standard :) Women are physically weaker and should be protected as they bear children.. The humankind would not have survived if women had gone to wars, performed heavy physical labour, or hunted for food (well it's either that or men would have developed the ability to bear children through evolution :):):))
However, we have experienced an enormous technological progress over the last few centuries and a progress in our economic structure.. But you never commented on my point that changes in surrounding/environment bring with them changes in social structure.
I am not a fan of the traditional family structure because, the way I see it, it imposes a certain role on people. A guy might not enjoy fixing cars or putting in 80hrs a week at work to "provide" for his family, but doesn't mind cooking. By the same token, a woman might not be enjoying washing the dishes, or driving kids to school every day, but she loves to put in extra hours at work. A traditional family set-up would make these people miserable.
But.. if people willingly choose to set up there family in this fashion, I have absolutely nothing against it!!! :)
So, to answer your earlier post (I think it was your post), traditional approach is not for me personally, but I will not bash couples, who choose to follow it.

Offline Yulz

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »
Umm...  I started this post because I was just wondering if I should help with the dishes!  Wow.  LOL

Definitely a learning experience.  ;)

Oops, sorry.. I think it was my fault  :-X
Offer to wash the dishes :)

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2007, 11:33:11 AM »
But.. if people willingly choose to set up there family in this fashion, I have absolutely nothing against it!!! :)
So, to answer your earlier post (I think it was your post), traditional approach is not for me personally, but I will not bash couples, who choose to follow it.

Now this way of expressing it I can live with!  :)  As far as answering your question, perhaps you are right and social/techological structure changes may change the "traditional" role, but so far in the history of the world we haven't seen it yet.  What it has done is given more women the opportunity to choose, and I am all for that.  However, I absolutely refuse to bear the children!

Offline corp

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »
Now this way of expressing it I can live with!  :)  As far as answering your question, perhaps you are right and social/techological structure changes may change the "traditional" role, but so far in the history of the world we haven't seen it yet.  What it has done is given more women the opportunity to choose, and I am all for that.  However, I absolutely refuse to bear the children!

That women (or men) now have greater opportunity to choose, might or might not be a good thing, the long term effects are not fully known.
 I think few would disagree
that it would not be very difficult to demonstrate growing problems within  families, depression, suicide, collapse of relationships.
Q: Do societies which have thrown off the traditional family roles do better or worse in the strength of the family?
These answers will be more fully revealed in the years to come.

-----------------
Am I the only person who had an AW who preferred I stay out of the kitchen and would rather I not get involved in cleaning?
It has been my experience that women typically feel men do not know how to clean, even if they appreciate the effort.

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
Corp, I think the AW you are referring to was secretly stolen away from the FSU during the cold war.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2237
Total: 2248

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM