It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Millenials - The New Reality in finding Women in Russia  (Read 8347 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Millenials - The New Reality in finding Women in Russia
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »
The new generation that has come of age in Russia is much easier to diagnose than the previous one. 

My future wife is part of the Millenials.  I have spent time around her friends and I can make some generalizations that may assist readers in relating to how a woman acts.

Here are the general observations:

1.  Millenials seem to be more goal driven than family driven.  That is not to say that they eschew family life.  In reality, they seem to think that they deserve it all. 

2.  Millenials seem to ignore the political activies of their government.  Most Millenials only seem tangentally aware of  the political give and take ongoing currently. 

3.  The view of Americans (and Westerners) by the Millenials is VERY positive.  This is a generation who has grown up watching Disney and many other Western sources of information. 

4.  In a small straw poll of the Millenial women that I know, none have hang-ups about committing to a long term relationship.    They are simply goal oriented which includes making decisions based on their future.  If you are part of their perceived future, then you will have their full support and commitment.

I would be happy to hear discussion on my above theories.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Millenials - The New Reality in finding Women in Russia
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »
The new generation that has come of age in Russia is much easier to diagnose than the previous one. 

My future wife is part of the Millenials.  I have spent time around her friends and I can make some generalizations that may assist readers in relating to how a woman acts.

1. Millenials seem to be more goal driven than family driven.  That is not to say that they eschew family life.  In reality, they seem to think that they deserve it all. 

2.  Millenials seem to ignore the political activies of their government. Most Millenials only seem tangentally aware of  the political give and take ongoing currently.

3.  The view of Americans (and Westerners) by the Millenials is VERY positive.  This is a generation who has grown up watching Disney and many other Western sources of information. 

4.  In a small straw poll of the Millenial women that I know, none have hang-ups about committing to a long term relationship.    They are simply goal oriented which includes making decisions based on their future.  If you are part of their perceived future, then you will have their full support and commitment.

Interesting observations, Jon.

In essence [my bolded] what you're describing are character traits normally associated with western women. Something I've read many times on these forums are character traits the men involved in this endeavor are seeking to avoid.

Is it your observation that generation millennial woman from the FSU have adopted a similar outlook to family, career and the "I deserve it all" attitude as their western sisters have?

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline jone

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:02 AM »
Brass,

I do.  And I think it is something to consider if pursuing an FSU woman. 

Anyone who peruses the VK listings will see a sense of entitlement promoted by the selfie generation that heretofore was not experienced in Russia (and Ukraine).

Reality hits in when the kids arrive and the limitations of Russian or Ukraine society make for some unhappy women.  That is one of the reasons many of these women are looking.  For many of these women, a Green Card to a Western Country allows them unlimited access to the type of life they crave.    And the man who brings her to the West may not be the one she winds up with.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:22:06 AM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
We have had men on the forum that have attempted to buy their way into the hearts of women.  They have failed miserably. 

Is this where we're headed?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »
We have had men on the forum that have attempted to buy their way into the hearts of women.  They have failed miserably. 

Ha . . . name three.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »

2.  Millenials seem to ignore the political activies of their government.  Most Millenials only seem tangentally aware of  the political give and take ongoing currently. 

I  would point out you have qualified your comments to Russian women ie from Russia-- and not the FSU at large.

And then this[

Is it your observation that generation millennial woman from the FSU have adopted a similar outlook to family, career and the "I deserve it all" attitude as their western sisters have?

As I said- the part I quoted in Jone post refers to women in /from Russia--not fsuw generally.

Of course-- my exception is Ukrainian girls--who have been and are extremely politically aware.

The other comments are fair observations.Some of us who have been actively involved in recent interactiion/s have recently been talking about how out of touch and current context  many regular posters on the forum here are
  There also seems to be a generational type change in attitudes that Jone is attempting to address( i think) . Some of our older( I mean in term involved-not age per-se) seem very out of step to me-let alone a 30 yo that comes to the forum.

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 11:23:06 AM »
Ha . . . name three.

'Men who fail by spending money' should be a thread of its own.  There multiple ways this happens.  One way is to over indulge the ppl or ppc sites.  Another is to plan a trip without the women's active participation.  But I was referring to the giving of extravagent gifts. 

And at least one that I am thinking of is still active on the forum, so I am not going to point fingers.

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:29 PM »
And at least one that I am thinking of is still active on the forum, so I am not going to point fingers.

One of them has brown hair; right ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 01:53:02 PM »
My 26-yo stepdaughter is very serious and family oriented.  I don't know any other millennial RW. 

You mentioned gifts.  Some very wealthy men who spent time with her would lavish her with luxury, perhaps in the hope of advancing the relationship or perhaps that is how they lived ( a  young Frenchman with his own jet and homes in Paris, Cannes and Miami).    Did not work.    She married a young entrepreneur whose invested every nickel  in his company, yet he spoke to her heart. 

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 03:28:28 PM »
My wife and all her friends are Millennials and for the most part you make very valid observations. Most could care less about politics. Maybe a few of her male friends felt the patriotic need to enlist, but that's about the extent of it. View of Americans is certainly positive in all we know

Most of the women are still more family oriented than many of the women here in the West though. That being said I do see a big change in those that arrive here in the US. They are more goal oriented than their Western counterparts in most cases and look to building their future and achieving set goals. If you are able to play a role in that they will stand by you no matter. If not, they will do what is necessary.

1.  Millenials seem to be more goal driven than family driven.  That is not to say that they eschew family life.  In reality, they seem to think that they deserve it all. 

Offline LAman

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »

Do you mind better describing Millenial's? Is it age based???? or thought based? I could find many that could cross either one.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »
Do you mind better describing Millenial's? Is it age based???? or thought based? I could find many that could cross either one.

Millennials were born 1982-2000?
My wife is Generation X were born 1964-1982
I'm technically a Baby Boomers were born 1946-1964
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:41:41 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »

Then where does Generation Y fit in??????

Offline LAman

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 06:08:28 PM »

Sorry but I meant in speaking of Russian Millennials. I don't see it. Never did I look at a girl this way. The goal driven can be at any age or family driven at any age....it is the individual, the individual girl. A goal driven girl who wants best for herself and family, is ideal, and kind of girl I bet what everyone has high on their list.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »

It get's real fuzzy  ‎

It's really marketers who started these names trying to hit different demographics
with advertising. My Dad was born in 1940, he was a war baby, I was born in 1961
so in reality I was too young to be a Baby Boomer but they lumped me in there and
I was too old to be a Gen Xer. They have the generations spread too far apart and
their are too many tweeners after each one so it gets fuzzier and fuzzier.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline alex330

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »

Millennials are Generation Y. Different name for same generation.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »

Older generations always seem to wonder what's wrong with the younger generations but there really isn't much difference except in maturity. The current younger generation may seem more goal driven and materialist but so was the generation before them when they were young.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 10:18:51 PM »
There may be a difference between the Millennials born in the early eighties versus the tail end of that generation as well. A woman born in the early eighties will have been old enough to remember the fall of the Soviet Union and that may have helped shape her moreso than someone born in the early nineties.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
I  would point out you have qualified your comments to Russian women ie from Russia-- and not the FSU at large.

As I said- the part I quoted in Jone post refers to women in /from Russia--not fsuw generally.

I stand corrected - "millennial woman from Russia"...

Brass,

I do.  And I think it is something to consider if pursuing an FSU woman. 

Anyone who peruses the VK listings will see a sense of entitlement promoted by the selfie generation that heretofore was not experienced in Russia (and Ukraine).

Reality hits in when the kids arrive and the limitations of Russian or Ukraine society make for some unhappy women.  That is one of the reasons many of these women are looking.  For many of these women, a Green Card to a Western Country allows them unlimited access to the type of life they crave.    And the man who brings her to the West may not be the one she winds up with.

So in effect although there is a new generation of Russian women looking for mates overseas, the same rules apply for the western men involved in the pursuit.

Avoid green card girls or being used as a mule.

When this particular activity was discussed regarding Russian woman in the old days it was called "trading up" though. So maybe not much has changed.

If I were a cynical guy, I might come to this conclusion...

The only difference being whereas some women from the generation before were consciously and with forethought scamming the millennial generation think it's a legitimate part of the deal.

Having said that the international relationship game has changed to the point that long distance relationships are more (or have the potential to be) the norm than the exception. It's not the micro niche it was even when I first joined the forums.

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 11:52:52 AM »
Sorry but I meant in speaking of Russian Millennials. I don't see it. Never did I look at a girl this way. The goal driven can be at any age or family driven at any age....it is the individual, the individual girl. A goal driven girl who wants best for herself and family, is ideal, and kind of girl I bet what everyone has high on their list.

I dated several girls who were too young but I think you need to take your theories to
Jone who is the Russian Millennials profiler and thread starter ask him to contrast
his experience with yours. In my experience the difference dating the young hot babes   
vs the older hot babes is that the older girls had more experience, and general life
knowledge.

Maybe the younger girls breasts defied gravity a tiny bit better, but at least the ones
I dated seemed fairly similar across the different ages. There were as many younger
mental cases as there were older. The prodaters tended to be younger, but they got
tossed out quick enough in any case, they can't hide what they are.

Having said all that, I have only my anecdotal experiences. I didn't pursue that many
millennials and I didn't hang out with their friends. 

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541014
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1874
Total: 1885

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM