It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12  (Read 109011 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2016, 07:35:12 AM »
Okay.  I was thinking of something loftier. :D  Even so, I had to show my stepson how to use paste polish on his shoes rather than liquid.  He is in Jr. ROTC and must "spit polish" his shoes.

But  he grew up without a father, did he not?

Shoes and fingernails are two things I always notice. :)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline redfeather

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:40 AM »
Boe,

You are a symptom of the sickness in your society, TP.  You just fail to see that.

I was wondering how long it would be until you started a fight with the direct attacks and name calling.
I agree with all the posts here in this thread about why we do not date AW anymore.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 07:43:35 AM »
Please point to my name calling.

Unlike the "traditional" men here, and the "traditional" women they marry, this feminist has been married exactly once.  I have been in a marriage where my husband and I respect each other in all aspects of our lives.  We raised our children, none of whom gave us trouble as teens, within a marriage where there were no half siblings who only saw their father part time, and no worries or rivalries about Dad spending time with another child not living under our roof.  So yes, I suppose I am a symptom of the problem.  Ironic that a bunch of divorced men are attempting to school me on "traditional values" which, frankly, never really existed.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:00:11 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »
I have never known a woman who has been denigrated for choosing family over career.  I suspect other things were at play. 

A shockingly clueless statement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kirsten-powers/this-is-why-so-many-peopl_b_23328.html

"The tasks of housekeeping and child rearing [are] not worthy of the full time and talents of intelligent and educated human beings. They do not require a great intellect, they are not honored and they do not involve risks and the rewards that risk brings."

Adele, famous singer, says that she found a purpose in being a mother...

Slate.com goes nuts

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/02/16/adele_tells_vogue_that_motherhood_gave_her_a_purpose.html

This is a bold, potentially controversial, statement for a celebrity mom. Adele, ADELE, didn’t feel like she was truly living before she became a mom?! She, the universally adored force of nature behind, at the time, one of the bestselling albums of all time, felt like she didn’t have a purpose?

Natalie Portman said something similar a few years ago - the response from the Feminist Commissars was predictable:

http://www.salon.com/2011/02/28/natalie_portman_most_important_role/

"In her acceptance speech, the "Black Swan" star suggests that pregnancy trumps a career. She's wrong. "

There are only a bajillion more examples of feminism spitting vitriol on anyone who even dares suggest that motherhood is preferable to career.

(Gloria Steinem, funded by the CIA, makes an occult symbol with her hands while proudly showing her degeneracy via the t-shirt she wears).
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 08:18:18 AM »
A shockingly clueless statement.

I repeat.  I have never known a woman who has been denigrated for choosing a family over a career.  What the chattering classes in magazines write, creating controversy for profit, is irrelevant to what I see daily IRL.  I don't live in, or for, magazines or online opinion pieces.

There were many stay at home mothers at my children's school.  In fact, a majority of the women were stay at home mothers.  I can't say I ever heard anyone criticizing that.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 08:23:54 AM »
I have never known a woman who has been denigrated for choosing family over career.  I suspect other things were at play. 

The nuclear family historically has not been the epicenter of a successful family.  Families usually included grandparents, who usually lived with parents.  The "nuclear family" you praise is a fairly recent phenomenom. 

I don't follow BLM, but neither liberalism nor feminism is about destruction of the nuclear family.

How is a woman who has at least one divorce under her belt, who often rejects and even resents the children of her husband (from previous marriages), and who leaves her own family - her parents and siblings - to move abroad and see them rarely, "traditional"?  She isn't, at least not in my definition of traditional.

You are a symptom of the sickness in your society, TP.  You just fail to see that.
It appears that we will simply have to agree to disagree on this. My experience is vastly different than your sounds. My mother was married at 16 and I came along 2 months after her 17th birthday while my father was off fighting in Korea. All of the children I grew up with were part of the traditional Nuclear Family, a father that worked to support the family and a mother who stayed home and took care of the children.

This was the norm in the America I grew up in. The sickness as you suggest is not a more traditional family structure but the advent of Feminism in the late 60's and early 70's.

While you may not have experienced the disdain many American career women have for traditional stay at home mothers my wife and most of her Russian friends have.

While your beliefs and experiences might have been different than ours and of those we associate with that dose not make them any less real and to suggest as much is disrespectful of those women who have experienced such things.

If a woman wants a career and a milk toast man who bows to her every whim that is their choice. As for me and the men I know all of them want a traditional family structure, so far all of them men in our social circle have succeeded with their Russian Ladies.

Your choices are your, mine and other are different we can agree to disagree because neither of us will change our minds. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »
I could not be married to a milque toast man.  Most women who work aren't either.  But then, I couldn't be married to a man who chose to make a family with another woman and de facto abandon his existing children, either.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
Never sought and American woman .. the FSU women are generally closer and don't speak English as if they have clothes pegs permanently attached to their noses ..

tease

This is something that drives me INSANE. Has anyone else noticed this trend in the last 5-10 years of AW talking more increasingly nasally, with an uptick in every sentence, and what can only be described as exceedingly annoying?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »

FSU women win in the physical appearance department. They tend to take better care of their bodies and dress more feminine. Living in Western countries they get more attention from men than their Western sisters. Some may say there's no difference in women. After dating a lot of FSU women, they're clearly different than American women and I like the differences.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
The point of the post was when a woman looses interest in sex for whatever reason, assuming for a moment the husband is interested and wants sex yet his passion is refused then there are few options left to him.

Should that be the case as is said in the article then the man's choices are clear.

Live celibate
Have external sexual affairs
Divorce and move on

She knows she's got him by the balls financially because after so many years of marriage he'll lose his shirt in the American divorce court system if he decides to end it. So she says to herself, "What's he going to do? Leave me if I don't have sex with him?" Pffft  ::)

I believe menopause is a huge contributor to this phenomena.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2016, 08:39:28 AM »
If they have been married a long time, and built their lives together, why shouldn't she get half of their accumulated wealth?

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
Okay, since we have started this topic I will weigh in.  Why did I stop dating American Women:  Feminism is a cancer and plague all at the same time and it has ruined many of the women in America.  The no fault divorce is really his fault divorce and it allows AW to rape their husband financially.  There is greater than a 60% chance that an AW will divorce you because our society praises women for divorce and Hollywood puts women up on a pedestal for divorcing their husband and destroying their children's lives.  American women do not offer stable relationships.  We have an epidemic in America of women on depression drugs and other mind altering drugs for anxiety and other made up issues.  Divorce law is a system which is ruthless beyond the capacity of any single individual's resistance; it is a mean system designed to chew you-up and spit you out for the woman's  exclusive benefit. You can't out-mean their system, don't even try.  Many AW are over weight and they have standards way beyond their level of attractiveness.  AW watch to much TV like the Twilight and The Secret and are addicted to their smart phone and addicted to social media.  AW care more about maintaining their career than a good home and a good marriage.  They have too many trashy tattoos and they sleep around and have dozens of sex partners.  Many AW do not know how to cook and maintain a home.  Friendships are fake and phony.  Women are conditioned to despise men and look down on them as fools, predators and criminals.  Many AW Women are selfish entitlement queens.  With AW you have to do endless talking about nothing.  If you're a real gambler and you're willing to risk marrying an American woman, at the very least insist on a prenuptial agreement.  Feminism is about women trying to be men without any responsibility. Feminism has left you with a pool of women who are truly insane.  Civilization exists because of the nuclear family. Certainly marriage has been tainted in the last 50 years, to the detriment of all, but if you make smart decisions you can cut down your risk tremendously.

Okay, I know many women will read this and want to throw me under the bus...so flame away.

Absolutely spot on. This is a perfect assessment of the current situation with AW. After my recent breakup with my FSUW girlfriend, I decided to get back on a couple of dating sites that I was using for years previously. I figured that it would be some comic relief and I would keep my dating skills honed as I take a short break from my FSUW pursuit.

Within a week it became crystal clear (once again) why I don't take AW seriously for the most part. Not that I wouldn't welcome a "good one" into my life with open arms but generally speaking here is the current situation:

- A GROSSLY over inflated sense of self-worth

- A very high percentage of obesity

- A giant entitlement attitude towards men especially

- Trashy tattoos and piercings are rampant and have become quite the fad in the last     
10 years

- A laziness in trying to present themselves well because according to their mentality towards men.....they obviously don't have to due to such high competition for their fat princess asses.

Fortunately more and more AM are wising up and looking overseas. AW will have their day of reckoning if this trend keeps up and I'll be there to point my finger at them and snicker.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2016, 08:56:12 AM »
Most AM marry AW.  And, most of those AM stay married to those AW for their lives.  So, I doubt there will be some "day of reckoning" for AW.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »

How are you going to do that without being a control freak? How can you prevent media influence?
The more you try to control her life the more you will lose control.

Exactly as Steamer said, Trench. You might want to tread lightly at the least on that subject and completely change your stance at the most. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to run your life, but it seems to me that this could only lead to trouble.

There will be no avoiding her becoming somewhat Westernized but if she has her core beliefs and values intact, those shouldn't change much especially if she's older and not a young girl in her 20s who's still "growing" and trying to figure out who she is.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline redfeather

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 09:15:27 AM »

Unlike the "traditional" men here, and the "traditional" women they marry, this feminist has been married exactly once.  I have been in a marriage where my husband and I respect each other in all aspects of our lives.  We raised our children, none of whom gave us trouble as teens, within a marriage where there were no half siblings who only saw their father part time, and no worries or rivalries about Dad spending time with another child not living under our roof.  So yes, I suppose I am a symptom of the problem.  Ironic that a bunch of divorced men are attempting to school me on "traditional values" which, frankly, never really existed.
[/quote]
Boe,  My hat is off to you for being married to only one man.  I admire both men and women who uphold their marriage vows, and stay married to each other.  I tried to stop my ex-wife from divorcing me because I do not believe in divorce, but the way the American divorce system is rigged against the man you cannot stop a woman from divorcing you.  I renamed the term no fault divorce to his fault divorce because that is how you are treated in the court system.  I call it the crucifixion of divorce because that is a good way to describe how it feels.
Please remain married to your only husband because you will be way better off and so will your children.
I looked at these AW that were divorced and after I left being on a date with them I said out loud...what a train wreck.
There are dozens of bigger problems that occur when a woman caught up in her emotional mindset runs out and gets a divorce only because her girlfriends and her sister are coaching her on to get a divorce.
More women need to think thru the long term implications of what they are doing, but they won't.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
If they have been married a long time, and built their lives together, why shouldn't she get half of their accumulated wealth?

She's the one breaking the contract by cutting him off unilaterally.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 09:20:20 AM »
Irrelevant, as the law deals with such types of contracts, and has since the days of the Goths.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
Irrelevant, as the law deals with such types of contracts, and has since the days of the Goths.

OK so point me to a recent case in the USA where a woman got penalized in divorce for cutting her husband off.  Like, the division of property was clearly reduced due to her behavior, with the court citing this behavior as the reason for the deviation from a 50/50 split.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »
Behaviour is not taking into account in a division of property. 

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2016, 09:27:26 AM »

I'm not talking about "half". I was referring to the cases of the outright financial raping of men in the American divorce courts. Lemme guess. You're going to deny that this has even been a phenomena?

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
Behaviour is not taking into account in a division of property.

Which was my point?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2016, 09:33:00 AM »

I'm not talking about "half". I was referring to the cases of the outright financial raping of men in the American divorce courts. Lemme guess. You're going to deny that this has even been a phenomena?

Statistically, women do not fare better under divorce if they have children. 

Explain to me how a man is "raped" if assets built during a marriage are split 50/50. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
Which was my point?

No, you asked for a case where a woman was punished for behaviour.  The law does not take into account behaviours in the dissolution of a marriage.  Men who leave their wives for younger trophy wives aren't punished either.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »

No, you asked for a case where a woman was punished for behaviour.  The law does not take into account behaviours in the dissolution of a marriage.  Men who leave their wives for younger trophy wives aren't punished either.

No, I said that she was breaking the marriage contract by cutting him off unilaterally. 

Then you tried to deflect by saying that it was covered under contract law. 

After that I challenged you to provide a case where a man was rewarded over a woman breaking the contract in this fashion - so far you haven't provided one. 

A contract with provisions that can't be enforced or that have no effect if breached - what is a typical term for such a contract? "Unconscionable?"  "Null and void?"  "Fraudulent?"

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2016, 09:51:22 AM »
Quote from: redfeather on Yesterday at 02:52:25 PM<blockquote>Okay, since we have started this topic I will weigh in.  Why did I stop dating American Women:  Feminism is a cancer and plague all at the same time and it has ruined many of the women in America.  The no fault divorce is really his fault divorce and it allows AW to rape their husband financially.  There is greater than a 60% chance that an AW will divorce you because our society praises women for divorce and Hollywood puts women up on a pedestal for divorcing their husband and destroying their children's lives.  American women do not offer stable relationships.  We have an epidemic in America of women on depression drugs and other mind altering drugs for anxiety and other made up issues.  Divorce law is a system which is ruthless beyond the capacity of any single individual's resistance; it is a mean system designed to chew you-up and spit you out for the woman's  exclusive benefit. You can't out-mean their system, don't even try.  Many AW are over weight and they have standards way beyond their level of attractiveness.  AW watch to much TV like the Twilight and The Secret and are addicted to their smart phone and addicted to social media.  AW care more about maintaining their career than a good home and a good marriage.  They have too many trashy tattoos and they sleep around and have dozens of sex partners.  Many AW do not know how to cook and maintain a home.  Friendships are fake and phony.  Women are conditioned to despise men and look down on them as fools, predators and criminals.  Many AW Women are selfish entitlement queens.  With AW you have to do endless talking about nothing.  If you're a real gambler and you're willing to risk marrying an American woman, at the very least insist on a prenuptial agreement.  Feminism is about women trying to be men without any responsibility. Feminism has left you with a pool of women who are truly insane.  Civilization exists because of the nuclear family. Certainly marriage has been tainted in the last 50 years, to the detriment of all, but if you make smart decisions you can cut down your risk tremendously.

Okay, I know many women will read this and want to throw me under the bus...so flame away.
</blockquote>
Absolutely spot on. This is a perfect assessment of the current situation with AW. After my recent breakup with my FSUW girlfriend, I decided to get back on a couple of dating sites that I was using for years previously. I figured that it would be some comic relief and I would keep my dating skills honed as I take a short break from my FSUW pursuit.

Within a week it became crystal clear (once again) why I don't take AW seriously for the most part. Not that I wouldn't welcome a "good one" into my life with open arms but generally speaking here is the current situation:

- Trashy tattoos and piercings are rampant and have become quite the fad in the last     
10 years

- A laziness in trying to present themselves well because according to their mentality towards men.....they obviously don't have to due to such high competition for their fat princess asses.

Fortunately more and more AM are wising up and looking overseas. AW will have their day of reckoning if this trend keeps up and I'll be there to point my finger at them and snicker.   

10 years

Those two posts  summarize largely the topic.
But what is the most surprising, whatever is the logic developped by the male members writing here, is how they are fed up and uncomfortable.
When i read the posts it's impossible to not notice the common hostility about this new society that has screwed up (write feminists, government, politicians here if you prefer) relationships between genders.
I mean that, whatever are the arguments pointed by Bo men have largely suffered about the situation, and especially about the divorce. As a result, this new deal in the divorce has also leaded women to a new dating (no big efforts, no respect for men ....).
So the question is not to know why or is it fair or unfair or is it, is it allowed by the law, the court.

The question is how to remove such dislike and hostility from men? I do believe that few, very few women are interested to help them. They absolutely don't care about men (except in the personal sphere, for love reasons), and are not interested in their condition.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:58:07 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1967
Total: 1976

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM