It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why Ukrainians and Russians will never be Brothers  (Read 41675 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why Ukrainians and Russians will never be Brothers
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:52 PM »
It must be difficult to walk around life knowing everything all the time and never ever be wrong. 

Let me rephrase that for you.

It must be difficult to walk around life knowing you are wrong all the time.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »
Russia is a leader.  It leads Europe in unsolved murder, abortion and heorin abuse.  Talk to us again about Morality honest Russians.  You are so smart.

Oooh, seems another Gulliani look-alike.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

lordtiberius

« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »
I got mine, AC.  Still advise Ukraine uber alles.

lordtiberius

« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »

Let me rephrase that for you.

It must be difficult to walk around life knowing you are wrong all the time.

No hope, no compassion, no mercy, no forgiveness for you atheist.

If you have any Spanish blood, you would meet me and insult me to my face alone.  But I doubt it.  You see, you and JayH have something in common.

Ta ta

lordtiberius

« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »
Agree with you there.  Might as well pull out and start over.

Agree.

:clapping:

Offline Muzh

« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
No hope, no compassion, no mercy, no forgiveness for you atheist.

If you have any Spanish blood, you would meet me and insult me to my face alone.  But I doubt it.  You see, you and JayH have something in common.

Ta ta

When you start taking your pills, then we'll talk.

lordtiberius

« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

Do NOT talk for me. I happen to agree with Mendy, which BTW, you accused me of being a Russian lover because I don't want Obama to send the troops in.

And THANK GOD you are just an ex military grunt who has no decision-making capabilities.

Tell us how awesome Obama is again, atheist?  Tell us how Obama is managing this crisis so uber.  Can you?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »
Tell us how awesome Obama is again, atheist?  Tell us how Obama is managing this crisis so uber.  Can you?

Hey, I lake the atheist moniker. Much better than stoopid.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »

Hey, I lake the atheist moniker. Much better than stoopid.

:rolleyes:

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
Your missives are becoming increasingly maniacal in nature, Doll.

As I mentioned up thread having Canadian soldiers in Ukraine is one way to minimize a full on Russian invasion. Russia can't afford to go toe to toe with a NATO member country, it's that simple.

My guess is in time there will be several NATO member countries with contingents on the ground in Ukraine training Ukraine's soldiers, resupplying/equipping and rebuilding their infrastructure.

You won't be aware of it but there was an American/Canadian combined unit of elite commandos called the 1st SSF (Devil's Brigade). I'm reminded of their 'calling card'  which seems apropos in light of Russia's current predicament. Translated it reads "The Worst Is Yet To Come."

Brass

That's an excellent way to put it about Russia in all regards.  Power has been cut to Crimea and Putin is not going to get his land bridge anytime soon.  He's running out of foreign reserves much faster than he anticipated and the West's resolve in dealing with him is only going to get more decisive and cutthroat as it should.

Add to that the fact than soon enough the Ukrainians are going to get the heavy weapons that they want in order to defend their territory and I almost feel sorry for the hell that is about to be unleashed on the bandits from Moscow.  Hopefully when they retreat back in haste they take their frustrations out on the Putin regime.  I predicted he would be gone within 5 years and I think that is a safe prediction.  Billionaire oligarchs are as greedy and brutal as they get and his own worst enemies are his former partners.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
That's an excellent way to put it about Russia in all regards.  Power has been cut to Crimea and Putin is not going to get his land bridge anytime soon.  He's running out of foreign reserves much faster than he anticipated and the West's resolve in dealing with him is only going to get more decisive and cutthroat as it should.

Add to that the fact than soon enough the Ukrainians are going to get the heavy weapons that they want in order to defend their territory and I almost feel sorry for the hell that is about to be unleashed on the bandits from Moscow.  Hopefully when they retreat back in haste they take their frustrations out on the Putin regime.  I predicted he would be gone within 5 years and I think that is a safe prediction.  Billionaire oligarchs are as greedy and brutal as they get and his own worst enemies are his former partners.

So, does this mean we can put off the meteor showers until next week?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
The West is getting all the credit for these weak sanctions but the Saudis deserve the credit for driving down the price of gas. Win Win.  Every $ 1 is $ 2B Belvis, Doll and other honest Russians can't use to kill Ukrainians and get their own boys killed.

I pray Navalny and his people overthrow this bastard.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2014, 01:55:53 AM »
My guess is that the USA has made a deal with the Saudis. Keep in mind that America is not only their prime consumer of resources, but also their military strongman. The Saudis take a hit now and keep prices low, impacting Russia. In return, the low pricing will also kill the American shale boom, benefiting the Saudis down the road.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Misha

« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2014, 02:13:41 AM »
My guess is that the USA has made a deal with the Saudis. Keep in mind that America is not only their prime consumer of resources, but also their military strongman. The Saudis take a hit now and keep prices low, impacting Russia. In return, the low pricing will also kill the American shale boom, benefiting the Saudis down the road.

In the short term, the real threat to the Saudis is ISIS (or whatever acronym it goes by these days). It was selling stolen oil from seized oil fields at much lower than market prices both undercutting the Saudis and financing their war. In the short run, the Saudis are nervous about ISIS marching into the Saudi Kingdom (who knows whether its armed forces would support the government of side with ISIS), so bringing down oil prices is also a way to seek to ensure that ISIS won't have the money required to fund its armed forces...

lordtiberius

« Reply #214 on: December 23, 2014, 05:53:10 AM »
Isis, Assad, Hezbollah and Iran are all client states of Russia.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2014, 08:55:26 AM »

Mendy, I know you are trying to educate the clown, but he is a lost cause.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2014, 11:40:13 AM »

While I appreciate your guess and I agree it's possible, the more likely scenario is that the Saudi's want to undercut fracking technologies in the USA in order to stop them dead in the water and also they wish to retain market share at all costs.

I have a hard time believing the Saudi's would be honorable enough to do this for us.

lordtiberius

« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
Russia is our greatest geopolitical foe.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
Russia is our greatest geopolitical foe.

Perhaps for another few years, and then the Russians themselves will likely enact a swift and somewhat violent regime change once they wake up and really smell the coffee.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2014, 11:49:40 AM »
While I appreciate your guess and I agree it's possible, the more likely scenario is that the Saudi's want to undercut fracking technologies in the USA in order to stop them dead in the water and also they wish to retain market share at all costs.

I have a hard time believing the Saudi's would be honorable enough to do this for us.

I believe that is part of what Mendy said. There is no way to know IF there was a deal.

What we do know is that the fracking industry in the US can go as low as $40 a barrel and break even. Well, at least that was the figure we calculated sometime ago for Gov (Prince Andrew) Cuomo's report on fracking. It may be lower now.

So, there can and will be a lot of countries whose economies are going to suffer IF there is a pact between the US and the Saudis. The Saudis can very well weather the storm. Question is, for how long?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2014, 11:55:44 AM »

What we do know is that the fracking industry in the US can go as low as $40 a barrel and break even. Well, at least that was the figure we calculated sometime ago for Gov (Prince Andrew) Cuomo's report on fracking. It may be lower now.

Unless they are an established oil producer with very deep pockets my information is that the smaller companies are already either going out of business or simply shutting down operations on a wait and see basis.

I believe that OPEC could drive oil all the way down to $20 per barrel in an effort to retain market share.  Will they go that low is a very good question.

If there was any collusion between Obama and the Saudi's I give him props.  He is a sports guy so he likes to compete.  No doubt Putin motivated him to compete.

lordtiberius

« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
With the Keystone pipeline the NAFTA countries would act as a counterweight to OPEC.

2/3 of Russia's economy is tied to oil.

Offline Misha

« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »

Well, ISIS may have spooked them, and currying friends is a good thing to do when you might need military assistance  >:D 

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »

Well, ISIS may have spooked them, and currying friends is a good thing to do when you might need military assistance  >:D

Also a very good possibility.  I personally wish the Saudi's and others would fight their own battles so that the USA could get out of that area.  Wishful thinking.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »
With the Keystone pipeline the NAFTA countries would act as a counterweight to OPEC.

2/3 of Russia's economy is tied to oil.

What in the world are you talking about?

My god.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3772
Most Online Ever: 12701