It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Different perspective or delusional?  (Read 24843 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Different perspective or delusional?
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »
I thought it was a pretty good offer.  For the internet, in particular.

I can tell you, as well, that if I were him, I would have no problem telling my wife.  Hell, I tell my fiancee stuff that goes on here all the time.  She thinks it is benign fun for me.  Of course, she's from Eastern Europe.

Whaddaya say, LFU?  Hell, for a hundred bucks, I'd be happy to have my challenge called.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »
That assumes LFU cares.  I submit he does not.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2015, 09:48:07 AM »
I thought it was a pretty good offer.  For the internet, in particular.

I can tell you, as well, that if I were him, I would have no problem telling my wife.  Hell, I tell my fiancee stuff that goes on here all the time.  She thinks it is benign fun for me.  Of course, she's from Eastern Europe.

Whaddaya say, LFU?  Hell, for a hundred bucks, I'd be happy to have my challenge called.

I actually believe he is married and is friends with a guy that is interested in taking advantage of economically challenged women.  No challenge on my part.  ;)

I challenge his reasoning for being on this site and signing up for dating websites.    Jone, let me know when you sign up for dating sites and what your fiancee says then.   :D 

So what exactly type of entertainment will I get for my hundred?  Some old dude, his wife and a fat friend?  Man, I need more than that otherwise I will just donate the hundred to some old dude and his fat friend in town. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:49:40 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline jone

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:31 AM »

I actually believe he is married and is friends with a guy that is interested in taking advantage of economically challenged women.  No challenge on my part.  ;)

I challenge his reasoning for being on this site and signing up for dating websites.    Jone, let me know when you sign up for dating sites and what your fiancee says then.   :D 

So what exactly type of entertainment will I get for my hundred?  Some old dude, his wife and a fat friend?  Man, I need more than that otherwise I will just donate the hundred to some old dude and his fat friend in town.

:)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »

Jone planned this whole thing to make a hundred off of me.   :P   He was going for the long con.

Offline jone

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »

You submit, Counselor?

(Couldn't resist.)

I know that LFU doesn't care.  But I was impressed with the response from our thread starter.  No chocolate soldier here.  I look forward to many more discussions that he participates in. 

We have a good forum this morning.   

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »
It has no pic, no exact info and shows me as an old man of 60.

Whoa up there! Now you're poking holes into my delusion. 61 yr. old that looks like 30.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

Whoa up there! Now you're poking holes into my delusion. 61 yr. old that looks like 30.

I am one of the genetically gifted.  Although by calendar I am 60, in looks I could easily pass for 59 years, 11 months and 29 days.  it is a gift at times and a curse at others.  I am so tired of being challenged at the senior buffet line and being forced to prove I am 60.

Nope, you would get a hundred bucks.  Except it appears you now concede I am telling the truth.  Good enough.  Let me know though if you ever want to take up my challenge.

Tell you friend to come here and we'll help him out. Some will ridicule him but others will try to set him on the straight path.

I want free dinner too.

Billy, if you come to SW Missouri let me know and I'll buy your dinner.  Hope you like country cooking. 

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2015, 04:44:57 PM »

I am signed up on USSR Star also , accurate date but no pictures or profile description.  You can't easily browse the site without signing up.

I think my favorite was from a 22yo, in her photos she is scantily dressed ... the Subject line of her message was "Take me to you bed, Slumba."  She must have discerned my aura!
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2015, 06:23:41 PM »

Billy, if you come to SW Missouri let me know and I'll buy your dinner.  Hope you like country cooking.

Love country cooking. My late grandparents lived in Buffalo and Long Lane, MO. I spent some time there and my grandmother was one of the best cooks I've experienced.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »

Love country cooking. My late grandparents lived in Buffalo and Long Lane, MO. I spent some time there and my grandmother was one of the best cooks I've experienced.

Small world indeed.  I am about 50 miles south of Buffalo on 65 just outside Springfield.  The offer stands and if your lucky and we can do breakfast.  Oooh buddy, there is nothing like biscuits and gravy with a gallon of coffee. 

Offline LAman

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
Small world indeed.  I am about 50 miles south of Buffalo on 65 just outside Springfield.  The offer stands and if your lucky and we can do breakfast.  Oooh buddy, there is nothing like biscuits and gravy with a gallon of coffee.

:puke:
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »
... Oooh buddy, there is nothing like biscuits and gravy with a gallon of coffee.

:puke:

You don't like coffee?

Nice reply  :D, but I'm with LAMan on this one.  Why on earth would you put gravy on biscuits?  Gravy goes on meat.  Or is this another weird American food that's called something different in the rest of the civilised world?????

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »
Nice reply  :D, but I'm with LAMan on this one.  Why on earth would you put gravy on biscuits?  Gravy goes on meat.  Or is this another weird American food that's called something different in the rest of the civilised world?????

Not national American but rather southern/rural midwestern regional cuisine. I use the word "cuisine" loosely.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »

Don't knock it if you haven't had it.  It's actually delicious when prepared correctly.  As are grits.   :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:49:25 PM by AC »

Offline LAman

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »
Don't knock it if you haven't had it.  It's actually delicious when prepared correctly.  As are grits.   :P

I had it...didn't like it. Matter of choice. There is a reason people add coffee to their cream and sugar!!! YUK!!!!

Don't mind the eggs with hash browns/country potato with toast!!!
Interesting story on what is normal food for where you grew up. I was seeing a girl in Halifax. We went to breakfast one morning, looked at the menu....hmmmm, I'll have the eggs (scrambled well done), hash browns and toast.
What I got was eggs looking like omelette, mashed potatoes and French roll.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:00:56 AM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »

Typically the gravy in biscuits and gravy is heavily laden with skillet browned sausage.  I guess it is a regional thing.  If any member shows up in Mo. for free breakfast, I won't insist they try anything they don't want to. 

As to weird American foods?  I would say compared to some things, B's & G would be pretty tame.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »

Well for that one would have to ask a member of the civilized world. I'm not sure you'd qualify.  ;D Given you're still a subject of her majesty the Queen we wouldn't really expect you to understand. But yes, gravy poured over biscuits is very tasty and quite the comfort food. Biscuits btw isn't a sweet cookie

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »
Yep, FP's comment about the biscuits not being cookies is important. ;)

As a fellow subject of the Crown I quite enjoy biscuits and gravy when over the line. I also like grits...

Kiwi, think "scone".

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2015, 06:08:16 PM »
...But yes, gravy poured over biscuits is very tasty and quite the comfort food. Biscuits btw isn't a sweet cookie

Yep, FP's comment about the biscuits not being cookies is important. ;)

As a fellow subject of the Crown I quite enjoy biscuits and gravy when over the line. I also like grits...

Kiwi, think "scone".

I thought "cookies" were things in my computer which helped it remember where it had been?  :cluebat:

So what the hell ARE American biscuits?

Brass - if I did as you suggest, and put gravy on scones, anyone near me would be calling for the men in white coats!

Offline alex330

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2015, 06:29:16 PM »

Biscuits (Southern bisquits that is) are a soft doughy bread that crumbles easily. They are not sweet as mentioned. Generally made with flour, salt, buttermilk, and butter. Quite good with gravy, honey or jam.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2015, 06:46:05 PM »
Biscuits (Southern bisquits that is) are a soft doughy bread that crumbles easily. They are not sweet as mentioned. Generally made with flour, salt, buttermilk, and butter. Quite good with gravy, honey or jam.

:clapping:

I'm hungry all of a sudden.  Good job, Alex!

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »

Thanks, Alex.  I still would not be tempted to put gravy on them!

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2015, 07:29:10 PM »
I thought "cookies" were things in my computer which helped it remember where it had been?  :cluebat:

Brass - if I did as you suggest, and put gravy on scones, anyone near me would be calling for the men in white coats!

Oh c'mon, don't tell me you've never had fresh baked oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies from the oven? You don't know what you're missing, mate. ;)

American biscuits are the same as Canadian buttermilk scones. I have no idea why you think you'd be hauled away for putting gravy on a scone, you should try it you might like it.  :)

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1985
Total: 1994

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM