It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ways of communicating  (Read 18599 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ways of communicating
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:54 PM »
Totally not true.
With Russia being so huge . . . have you forgotten about Siberia . . . there are many, many places in Russia where there is zero means of electronic communication.

Hell even in some states in USA, there are some mountainous areas with few inhabitants so not viable to provide Internet to those areas.

ML -- I agree with what AJ said above . :)

Generally -- one can only comment from what they see directly themselves -- so not unreasonable to do so.

Even though I do not agree with her - and agree with the basis of your post -there is a way to say that ! ;D

In being specific about areas in Ukraine --coverage is not 100%  and there are holes ,even in bigger cities.

Another example --  using GPS on Crimea-- not so long ago --much of it was still not mapped  so GPS was useless.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 10:30:33 PM »
JayH

When were you last in Crimea - prior to late Feb '14 ?

Suggest you download the Crimea map on maps.me or use yandex navigator

Mapping software works just fine and many smart phones work off Glonass, too ( mot JUST relying on GPS) 

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2018, 03:16:53 AM »
Totally not true.
With Russia being so huge . . . have you forgotten about Siberia . . . there are many, many places in Russia where there is zero means of electronic communication.
Then they wouldn't have internet profiles?

If there is telecommunications then people can communicate. WhatsApp is the most popular but often hard to contact people as they'll only be available when using free wifi. But any "normal" person has some type of messenger. If a girl doesn't want to communicate directly she's either not really interested or a scammer.

I was just in Siberia, summer was short but very enjoyable!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Ways of communicating
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 06:56:51 AM »
Any guys have issues that women say they can't use Skype or Facebook to chat?

A good girl who is interested in you will find a way. A girl who is so-so
interested in you will make excuses. Girls who work for pay to chat and
pay by the letter agencies will make excuses as well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:29:19 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
Any guys have issues that women say they can't use Skype or Facebook to chat? Any other options out there where you can use a computer to communicate with them, whether they use a computer or phone? I got rid of my cell phone plan since I didn't use it much so I would prefer to use a computer.

Personally I never did. But then, when I was searching I never allowed myself to get into things that had to be an issue. Communication is a very important segment of your situation, and with so many women out there, why not make it easier on yourself and move on to a woman who is accessible?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline civi68

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2018, 06:08:08 AM »
That's what I decided to do, focus on women that write regularly and can talk on Skype. Anymore, I can't see myself visiting any city for one women if I can't see her on video.

Offline ML

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »
I can't see myself visiting any city for one women if I can't see her on video.

Not just any video.

Ask her to perform a 'go go' dance routine in a video.

- - - - - - -

In another real encounter . . . I was with a FSU gal in Turkey.

When at the local bazaar, she purchased a Hawaiian costume, grass skirt, etc.

She loved to dance 'go go' style or some 'free form' style and wanted me to record to show my friends and family, and she would show her friends and family.

So one time she was wearing the grass skirt and performed a twirl during the routine.
And she was not wearing any panties.  I think she had forgotten about this condition.

I saw this, but said nothing during the filming.

Later, we watched the video . . . and she said  OMG !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline MarinaSirena

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2018, 08:48:27 PM »
Totally not true.

Hell even in some states in USA, there are some mountainous areas with few inhabitants so not viable to provide Internet to those areas.

The fact that you have no friends who don't use electronic communication just indicates how disconnected you are from the real world (including Russia) around you.

That would be like someone who always has a new car and all his/her friends have a new car; making the proclamation . . . all people have new cars.

I have not forgotten about Siberia. By the way I do live in Siberia now. And i talk about my Siberian friends. From big cities. And from little towns. )))I just wanted to say...That if person really wants to communicate with someone they will find a solution anyway. And i have friends in local villages. Belive me. People there can earn 100 dollars per month and have no any car but they ussualy have the phone and 3g. We dont talk about hidden mountain villages and so on...(how could you meet with this type of girl? Beeng in expedition to discover Tayga? So then i understand. Thats difficult to communicate))))) We dont talk about the person who conciously avoids social network...

There are exeptions!For sure.. But often every exeption just proves the rule.
I know one girl. She fell in love with one foreign guy.It was about 15 years ago.So she went in rush every evening to the Internet club to chat with him by email. Now they are married and have 3 children. It was 15 years ago!!! Now every Sibirian hole can provides you 3g. Unfortunly thats true. Who wants to communicate finds the way.. Who doesnt want to communicate finds the reasons to avoid it..To difficult...To expensive..Too busy... Everithig is possible. Just if you really want.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:03:56 PM by MarinaSirena »

Offline civi68

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2018, 04:49:10 AM »
Well said Marina.

Offline msmob

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2018, 08:29:45 AM »
By the way I do live in Siberia now. And i talk about my Siberian friends. From big cities. And from little towns. )))I just wanted to say...That if person really wants to communicate with someone they will find a solution anyway. And i have friends in local villages. Belive me. People there can earn 100 dollars per month and have no any car but they ussualy have the phone and 3g.

Whilst I agree that IF you have the will - one can communicate - there are plenty of places - e.g. Krasnoyarsk region of Siberia - I enclose a map of the region NEAREST the biggest city of the Oblast ....

PLENTY of dead spots

This map has 3G as purple and 2G as red ( I excluded 4G for fairness

Lots of villages and main inter-city routes have NO (internet)  coverage ...  I drove from the border with Latvia to Sochi and perhaps this applied to 35 percent of the time ... possibly a phone signal - but NO internet - not even 2G

I appreciate RU IS the biggest country in the world- but one one think the main routes would have coverage

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2018, 09:54:39 AM »
Whilst I agree that IF you have the will - one can communicate - there are plenty of places - e.g. Krasnoyarsk region of Siberia - I enclose a map of the region NEAREST the biggest city of the Oblast ....

PLENTY of dead spots

This map has 3G as purple and 2G as red ( I excluded 4G for fairness

Lots of villages and main inter-city routes have NO (internet)  coverage ...  I drove from the border with Latvia to Sochi and perhaps this applied to 35 percent of the time ... possibly a phone signal - but NO internet - not even 2G

Finally in this thread . . . an honest answer.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »

There are dead spots in America. We have half the land mass of Russia with over twice the people. I'm sure Russia has more dead spots than America. There are rare occasions women don't have mobile phones.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2018, 12:45:31 PM »
Forgot the map ((

Offline JayH

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2018, 04:08:57 PM »
Finally in this thread . . . an honest answer.

You must have missed my agreeing with you upthread ! ( on access )

Funnily enough --when I first came to forum I made a similar comment to ML on coverage -- and had the self styled "experts" ( the lead critic had never even been in Ukraine)  attacked me and the very same people are antagonistic to me to this day .
Even back then -- one of the then regular ex Ukrainian girls on the forum told me that at her parents home ( she lived in UK) that they had to walk to the end of the street to get phone access ! That was in a location not very far south of Kyiv. That often happens to this day.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »
You must have missed my agreeing with you upthread ! ( on access )

Yes, I must have missed; sorry.

Offline JayH

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
JayH

When were you last in Crimea - prior to late Feb '14 ?

Suggest you download the Crimea map on maps.me or use yandex navigator

Mapping software works just fine and many smart phones work off Glonass, too ( mot JUST relying on GPS)

To answer your question  -- I was in the Crimea a lot more recently than you !  :mooning:

To point out the major flaw in your comments--phone reception on Krym had very significant holes  so the GPS was better bet ---    and -- I was not referencing today and some of the developments on current phone .At the time-- one particular company was far ahead with Crimean coverage-- and I was using it !!
 It was back to a map --or what was the Ukrainian way-- stop and ask !!

Moby--in your persistent pia haste to attempt to show that you are the "seer of all knowledge" you really make some really stupid comments that mostly I ignore in the interests of not boring everyone else off the forum .

Really -- you post so much stuff-- it becomes clear what you do not know or understand with your pedantic responses.

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2018, 10:32:22 PM »
guys) you are so cute)  :-*If the question was *Are there dead spots in Russia?* so the answer will be *yeaah! a lot!
Sorry me) I am a woman, i am a blond, i have not tested all areas, every hidden place near my Krasnoyarsk with my 3g. :D
I just wanted to say that if you are searching for your soulmate  i am not sure that you really needs only the girl from little hidden village in Russia. It could be beautifull story about sinderella maybe, but be honest to yourself! We all need someone who has the same vision, perception,understanding  this life...Most of you talk here about well-educated, pretty, open-mind, kind person...there are plenty of ones in cities with 3g) Take it easy. Communicate with women which want and can communicate with you.
And sometimes if girl uses many @too (difficult/expensive/lack of opportunities) It just means the perfect time for ruining your wonderland of unicorns...And she is not interested in you as much as you want. No messengers..No 3g ..its only polite exuse once in a way

Exeptions exist as well! So then use RussianPost, Phone calls or hurry up on the plane to her place)If its good love and bad internet between you and her :)

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2018, 11:57:54 PM »
guys) ...there are plenty of ones in cities with 3g) Take it easy. Communicate with women which want and can communicate with you.
And sometimes if girl uses many @too (difficult/expensive/lack of opportunities) It just means the perfect time for ruining your wonderland of unicorns...And she is not interested in you as much as you want. No messengers..No 3g ..its only polite exuse once in a way...

That’s already been covered. I , and the OP, agreed to that point already. The guys just have a habit of picking fly sh!t out of peppers on most, if not all, discussions around here.

Exeptions exist as well! So then use RussianPost, Phone calls

Exactly.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »
To answer your question  -- I was in the Crimea a lot more recently than you !

:ROFL:

JayH - why DO some silly folks post about other's lives ...  ?

I was invited to take part in a Yacht race from Sochi to Crimea in 2016 - I declined on the basis that I could exclude myself from future entry to Ukraine..   I downloaded maps.me for my Russian friend who DID go ...

To point out the major flaw in your comments--phone reception on Krym had very significant holes  so the GPS was better bet ---    and -- I was not referencing today and some of the developments on current phone .At the time-- one particular company was far ahead with Crimean coverage-- and I was using it !!
 It was back to a map --or what was the Ukrainian way-- stop and ask !! 

I 'missed' where I discussed the coverage - merely your latest howler re mapping software .... maps.me doesn't NEED a data connection - if the map is already installed ...

WHICH of us does crazy road trips in the FSU ? ;)

Moby--in your persistent pia haste to attempt to show that you are the "seer of all knowledge" ...

Having just demonstrated you posted guff about mapping software for Crimea ? ...  WHAT ARE you talking about ?

Offline JayH

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 12:35:46 AM »

Having just demonstrated you posted guff about mapping software for Crimea ? ...  WHAT ARE you talking about ?

As I said ----

-- it becomes clear what you do not know or understand with your pedantic responses.

finis

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2018, 01:05:42 AM »
JayH..

Just spit it out, man....  'Moby, I posted guff about mapping software in Crimea...'

Offline JayH

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2018, 01:30:06 AM »
JayH..

Just spit it out, man....  'Moby, I posted guff about mapping software in Crimea...'

Moby --it seems that you simply miss any point that is not spelt out to you  and you want to nit pick over nothing  .

My comments were my experiences and observations that were time  qualified and made clear enough to anyone with half a brain

NOTE HERE -- you decline to state when YOU were in Krym

The mapping reference you quote     maps.me     did not exist when YOU were last in Krym !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maps.me

It needs to be noted--I was saying there were large tracts not mapped-- at THAT TIME -- maybe it is now- I cannot comment on that.

There is absolutely nothing you have offered--or can offer to elaborate on the availability of maps in relation to KRYM in the period I was referencing ( fwiw the bigger cities were covered)  or the specific areas referred to-- and above all else -- my own very specific exposure . The fact is I have spent far more time than you ever will on Krym -- so !!!!

Moby-- you deserve yourself !!

That is a wider explanation for all to see -- now that is == FINIS

Offline msmob

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2018, 02:28:56 AM »

My comments were my experiences and observations that were time  qualified and made clear enough to anyone with half a brain

THIS is what you said :

Another example --  using GPS on Crimea-- not so long ago --much of it was still not mapped so GPS was useless.

I pointed out that in JULY 2016 I downloaded the maps.me map of Crimea to a mobile phone and it was used by Russian friends who had sailed to Balaklava and went to Sevastopol, Simferopol, etc., and raved about it on their return  - I had had one of Crimea on my phone for over a year before it..

WHY do you feel the need to post BOLLOX about stuff ?   Just admit it - you were WRONG ....

NOTE HERE -- you decline to state when YOU were in Krym

I certainly haven't been since 2014 - my choice - for the reason given re Visa issues for Ukraine .. ( and YES - I know I can enter via land - but that is pretty useless when I'd be on  racing yacht - entering Balaklava.)

Do tell us when you've been ( if since late Feb 2014) and the reason you gave to the UA govt to visit - to get your 'Dosvil' ...

It's just that I have looked into going and could not - truthfully - say I 'qualified' under any of the points listed in the application  - so it would be 'interesting' to hear how / IF you got yours ....

On the other hand, we have friends from Kherson - living in Sochi - who travel via Crimea to visit relatives and I know the routes they've used and - twice even going via Rostov and crossing  via the 'breakaway' republics ... ( missing out Crimea )

I was fascinated to listen about such trips - being the sort of person who does like to go overland - on 'interesting journeys'

Unlike you, I'm not 'secret squirrel' and share such exploits..

The mapping reference you quote     maps.me     did not exist when YOU were last in Krym !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maps.me

But it DID exist in July 2016  :ROFL: - the EXACT time I mention ...  and - as I said - it proved invaluable to the Russian yachtsmen - I've been using the program as an early adopter...

It needs to be noted--I was saying there were large tracts not mapped-- at THAT TIME -- maybe it is now- I cannot comment on that.

You are talking out of your arse, JayH ..

I'll get you ANOTHER example ..

I went to 'Abkhazia' in 2105 - I used maps.me, then - and Waze - kept 'congratulating 'us' as we found quicker routes....Waze / Google maps did not know about the Gagra tunnel, for example.  I had Crimea downloaded on my mobile - even then - I'm rather anal about maps - pouring over them - and maps.me works where there is no internet ...

Given that I BUY licences for mapping purposes for a commercial product we designed  - where accuracy of location and accurate mapping is required - 'surprise' - we know who to approach for best mapping software in that region .....

exposure . The fact is I have spent far more time than you ever will on Krym -- so !!!!

That is not in dispute - your 'assertion' re it's non-mapping IS....   

One of the purposes of my 'road trip' from the UK - to Sochi - was to TEST our device using various platforms and comparing mapping platforms ...

JayH - will now feign 'tiredness' rather than admitting that he is busted - once again - for posting bollox ...

Edited to add: Honestly JayH - I'm sorry to be so combative - but you REALLY are talking out of your ass when it comes to mapping software and coverage issues of mobile suppliers ... 

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 03:00:16 AM by msmob »

Offline JayH

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2018, 03:20:02 AM »
Moby -- you are a despicable liar .

Answer the question -- WHEN WERE YOU IN KRYM ?

Let me guess -- not since 2010 --or earlier -- so when exactly was it?

NOTE FOR ALL -- this is about the 200th time Moby refuses to answer this question -- and it is abundantly clear why.

You throw up a litany of  irrelevance in the attempt to divert ( gee that sounds familiar)

You did not -- and have NEVER used  the quoted maps on Krym

AND AGAIN -- you are incapable of disputing what I said --it was MY experience ( & as I said -- at that time)

Once again--Moby persists in pettiness to try and justify his own created lies -- and in the process divert a thread to be about him--it is pathetic.

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2018, 03:58:16 AM »
What a hot discussion!) I started to think that probably I need a foreighn Bf ) i can see that they are full of testestron ;) :devil:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541386
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3797
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3790
Total: 3800

+-Recent Posts

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM