It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Question?  (Read 7846 times)

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Question?
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:30:07 AM »
Probably not the right place for this question.... Has anyone had experience traveling between Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo airports? What's the quickest and easiest option with luggage?, cost? and how long does it take at 9am?

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Question?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 03:45:49 AM »
Discussed on forum somewhere -- and there are a few here who can answer accurately :)  :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 05:48:09 AM »
You can use a site like rome2rio.com to see the options

Basically, you can

1/ Take the two airport expresses and a taxi ride between them - fastest on most occasions

2/ Yandex Taxi ( Uber) around the outer ring - I paid 2000 Roubles this time last year from DME-SVO

3/ Marshrutka ( Mini bus - via the town centre ) slowest and cheapest

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:49:40 AM »
Probably not the right place for this question.... Has anyone had experience traveling between Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo airports? What's the quickest and easiest option with luggage?, cost? and how long does it take at 9am?

Quickest and easiest is by taxi. Won't be the cheapest method, especially if you use one of the taxi drivers waiting outside of baggage claim.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Yes

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 11:03:23 AM »
How much luggage will you have?

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 04:23:29 PM »
I just checked and Uber will charge 1500 rub for uber x. The problem will be finding uber car from hundreds of cars moving around, also best to have Russian number to easily stay in touch/get license number and make.

Last time we tried to find a Yandex cab( girl I was with spoke Russian) and still had trouble and when it started to rain we ended up just taking aeroexpress into city. It was ~5pm. Not sure what traffic is like at 9am.

Davo, question, are you going to SVO for domestic flight or intl flight home? And what is the time you have between flights?

One time I had 3hr 10min to go from SVO-VKO and barely made flight using express trains.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline whynotme

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »
Take aeroexpress from Domodedovo to Paveletskya,  then metro to Belorusskya. After, aeroexpress to Sheremetyevo. No traffic,  about 2.5 hours and around $20.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »
If you want to miss your flight,  listen BillyB advice and take a taxi.   ;D

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 05:45:33 PM »
How much luggage will you have?

A very good question.

My vote would go the same way as whynotme - use the AeroExpresses if you're going to the international terminal at SVO (or even the domestic terminal if you have plenty of time to spare between flights), but I would get the Metro between the two city railway stations (Paveletsky and Belorussky) rather than a taxi because there's always the possibility that something will stop or severely slow down surface traffic.  The only thing that will stop the Metro is a bomb and, even though that's happened in the past, the chances of it happening at the time Davo is travelling are pretty remote.  They are only five Metro stops apart so, even allowing for getting from the surface downstairs and back up again, you should complete the journey in no more than 20 minutes because you won't have to wait more than a minute for a train.

However... if you have more than one suitcase per person it can be a pain getting stuff on and off the train, and far more so on the escalators at the Metro stations.

Whynotme reckons 2.5 hours - if you can time it so that you're ready to get a train straight out of DME, I think that would be overly generous.  Although I would ALLOW that much time, I think you could do it in close to 2 hours if the gods are smiling all the way.  Of course you would need at least an extra 30-45 minutes if you're going to the domestic terminal at SVO.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
Take aeroexpress from Domodedovo to Paveletskya,  then metro to Belorusskya. After, aeroexpress to Sheremetyevo. No traffic,  about 2.5 hours and around $20.

Agree with this, from 9am there can be loaf's of traffic & taxis (official & unofficial) can be extremely expensive, especially if they catch on you are not well versed in the area/language. Uber taxis that are waiting may already be taken plus the app doesn't work at all well on western mobiles out there and internet isn't that easy to find. The tube is right outside the Belloruska station so just ask down there for correct platform if unsure, you can take a picture of the tube Map down there to point to locations. The areoexpress goes straight into the airport with just a bit of legwork needed to get to the correct terminal. As such for a first timer it would be best if you had 3 plus hours to do the journey to a look for walking, waiting & determining you're way.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »

You don't have any faith in crazy taxi drivers? I trust you know more than me because women are always right. I know that to be true because I'm married. Here's the website for the train.

http://aeroexpress.ru/en/aero/prices.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 06:44:31 PM »
While the thread is on a roll  ---guessing --that is me GUESSING !!  ----  Davo is asking for someone else who will fly from another Rus city and then want to connect to international ( I am sure Davo will advise asap on this !!_

I lke this advice--
That is from someone who will know actuals !!

And this --

A very good question.

My vote would go the same way as whynotme - use the AeroExpresses if you're going to the international terminal at SVO (or even the domestic terminal if you have plenty of time to spare between flights), but I would get the Metro between the two city railway stations (Paveletsky and Belorussky) rather than a taxi because there's always the possibility that something will stop or severely slow down surface traffic.  The only thing that will stop the Metro is a bomb and, even though that's happened in the past, the chances of it happening at the time Davo is travelling are pretty remote.  They are only five Metro stops apart so, even allowing for getting from the surface downstairs and back up again, you should complete the journey in no more than 20 minutes because you won't have to wait more than a minute for a train.

However... if you have more than one suitcase per person it can be a pain getting stuff on and off the train, and far more so on the escalators at the Metro stations.

Whynotme reckons 2.5 hours - if you can time it so that you're ready to get a train straight out of DME, I think that would be overly generous.  Although I would ALLOW that much time, I think you could do it in close to 2 hours if the gods are smiling all the way.  Of course you would need at least an extra 30-45 minutes if you're going to the domestic terminal at SVO.

And then we have this --

Why BB has the compulsion to post in every thread makes little sense -- as very often all BB shows is how little he comprehends  !!

While on the subject of posting for posting sake -- I have to give mention that at last -- Trenchcoat has managed to add something to a thread !!  Not all of post of course --but none the less -- some help here !!

Agree with this, from 9am there can be loaf's of traffic & taxis (official & unofficial) can be extremely expensive, especially if they catch on you are not well versed in the area/language. Uber taxis that are waiting may already be taken plus the app doesn't work at all well on western mobiles out there and internet isn't that easy to find. The tube is right outside the Belloruska station so just ask down there for correct platform if unsure, you can take a picture of the tube Map down there to point to locations. The areoexpress goes straight into the airport with just a bit of legwork needed to get to the correct terminal. As such for a first timer it would be best if you had 3 plus hours to do the journey to a look for walking, waiting & determining you're way.
:clapping:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:57:08 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LAman

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »

Trenchcoat, how many times have you been to Moscow?

What is so frickin funny........'The aeroexpress goes straight into the airport'.......where else would it go????

Offline LAman

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
While the thread is on a role  ---guessing --that is me GUESSING !!  ----  Davo is asking for someone else who will fly from another Rus city and then want to connect to international ( I am sure Davo will advise asap on this !!_

More info needed to give any kind of advice. If got large luggage, very hard using trains along with the timing perfect for trains(add extra hour if missing train times).
My guess is flying into DME and going domestic from SVO, but who knows?

Most people would advise using airlines flying into/out of same airport.

Offline Davo

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »
While the thread is on a role  ---guessing --that is me GUESSING !!  ----  Davo is asking for someone else who will fly from another Rus city and then want to connect to international ( I am sure Davo will advise asap on this !!

Thanks for all the good advice. I appreciate it.  I should have added more detail. I've remedied the issue by changing the flight to DME.

Jay is correct, the flight isn't for me..... In two months I'll find out of I can be successful, by doing the opposite of conventional advice..... a short period of chatting online and visit her..... instead I've almost spent a year chatting online and she's visiting me. Wish me luck!! 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:51:39 PM by Davo »

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
. instead I've almost spent a year chatting online and she's visiting me. Wish me luck!!

Not very nice of you . . . turning a girl upside down.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »

It works great ML !! Also possible in the northern hemisphere !! ;D

Offline Davo

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

You know ML, there's method to my madness  ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 01:14:33 AM »

You don't have any faith in crazy taxi drivers? I trust you know more than me because women are always right. I know that to be true because I'm married. Here's the website for the train.

http://aeroexpress.ru/en/aero/prices.html

BillyB...

WHEN was the last time you flew into SVO/ DME and transferred to the other airport.....?

As someone who regularly flies into one and out by t'other - and has been driven to  meetings - only to abandon the car and hit the metro... rather than be late - the maddest taxi driver cannot fly over or go under propki ( traffic jams)

IF you want to arrive on time - take the aero-express - you can pre-book and a short taxi ride between the stations...

http://aeroexpress.ru/en/aero.html 420 Roubles each leg - plus the taxi in-between...   

Well done Davo - same airport - SANE...

IF anyone ends up using UBER ( Yandex Taxi, in Russia) - it's worthwhile having a second smart phone and buying a local sim at the airport to use LOCAL mobile data - as the roaming is expensive. Then setup a Yandex Taxi app account - using your local RU number to download and you'll get a photo of the car with it's reg / licence number.

The driver will tell you where to wait and they'll find you ))

It might be worthwhile getting a  YOTA mobile sim - when you can - as it does not charge more when using data in other cities - if you are going to more than one city.

Lastly, if going to meet a lady ( I'm assuming one !) ...Ask her what network she is on - as calls within that network are less / free

Offline Yes

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 04:36:36 AM »
This is by far the fastest, least expensive and most comfortable way to go between these 2 airports. If, as one poster put it, "the Gods are smiling at you", under 2 hrs is very doable from airport to airport for an experienced traveller (1hr 20 min travel time by train, 20-minute walk navigating the rest of the way, 12-minute metro ride for the 6 stations). Like you said, best to give yourself 2-2 1'/2 hrs ;) (about $15 to be exact :D).

A couple of other items of note going this way; 1) there's WiFi access both with Aeroexpress and in the metro. 1) If using the metro during peak times, 8-11am, and 6-9pm, best, especially if carrying luggage (I recommend no more than one checked in bad and 1 carry-on or hand luggage max when using the metro), to go to the last "вагон" or wagon of the train. Otherwise, you'll have no chance to enter the wagon, and you'll piss off the other riders in the wagon you're trying to enter. You will be able to enter the last wagon with relative ease.

Trenchcoat, how many times have you been to Moscow?
What is so frickin funny........'The aeroexpress goes straight into the airport'.......where else would it go????
Seriously, some of you need to back off of Trench. Yes, maybe it's obvious that the train goes directly to the airport, but for a newbie, it's still somewhat comforting to know. I also don't like "bullies" in any way, shape, or form. What some of you do to Trench is nothing less than cyber bullying IMO.

The rest of his post was accurate.

If I wanted, I could easily troll many of you if I so desired; I don't. But, here are a couple of examples where I could troll someone whose knowledge, experience, and understanding of the Russian people, culture and especially the language are way overrated IMO. From another thread (one of many) I could easily troll.

There's that Trench 'sense of humour' at work ....

Your observations about 'differences' between 'tarty Ukrainian' and serious 'Moscowvite lasses' are as accurate as the data you obtained when 'dating ' ..... WORTHLESS and INACCURATE ..

Remember you told us you were finished with FSU lasses ....    Need we warn Russia ?
Actually, his assessment of Moscow females is pretty much spot on. I'm sure that using "caps' really emphasizes your idiotic point, nevertheless, you have no idea what you're talking about. Want another example? Let's take your last post

BillyB...

WHEN was the last time you flew into SVO/ DME and transferred to the other airport.....?

As someone who regularly flies into one and out by t'other - and has been driven to  meetings - only to abandon the car and hit the metro... rather than be late - the maddest taxi driver cannot fly over or go under propki ( traffic jams)

IF you want to arrive on time - take the aero-express - you can pre-book and a short taxi ride between the stations...
КОГДА ты последний раз брали такси с белорусской до Павелецкой в 9 утра? Oсобенно, когда идет снег, как сегодня.

That so-called "short" taxi ride could take you 2 hrs or more at 9am. Have you seen the traffic around Белору́сская метро?

They have been renovating that area for over a year and the last kilometer could easily take an hour to deal with. The parking lot in front of the train station is closed as well.

BillyB...

WHEN was the last time you flew into SVO/ DME and transferred to the other airport.....? As someone who regularly flies into one and out by t'other - and has been driven to  meetings - only to abandon the car and hit the metro... rather than be late - the maddest taxi driver cannot fly over or go under propki ( traffic jams)
And finally, how do I know your Russia is nothing more than ridiculously rudimentary? First, I've seen the videos :rolleyes:, secondly you still use Latin text even though it's very easy to switch back and forth from one language to another using a mobile device, i.e., Latin to Cyrillic (I do it all the time). Lastly, it's proBki (пробки), not propki, yes, even though it's a soft "B" sound that can sound like a P.

все еще, твой русский полный отстой

See how easy it is to troll.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 06:27:27 AM »

Seriously, some of you need to back off of Trench. I also don't like "bullies" in any way, shape, or form. What some of you do to Trench is nothing less than cyber bullying IMO.

'Danchik' for a guy who follows me around forums - telling a guy with a tertiary degree in Hotel and Institutional Management - I don't know about steaks in Russia ( the term you used was somewhat stronger!) - or how things really are in Russia - I'm not a sycophant. then surely- you define a 'troll' .. as you even doubted the veracity of my TRs ... Yes I knew the then Mayor of Sochi.. Hardly surprising - as I'm living in the twin city in the UK and as you'll observe, soon - my Russian is enough - to deal with Customs, listen to the news and 'get' most of it ...  and be involved in the twinning exploits... 

The rest of his post was accurate.

No - it wasn't ... and he hasn't transited between Moscow's airports - not once

If I wanted, I could easily troll many of you if I so desired; I don't.

But here you go - making an ass of yourself, anyway...

But, here are a couple of examples where I could troll someone whose knowledge, experience, and understanding of the Russian people, culture and especially the language are way overrated IMO. From another thread (one of many) I could easily troll.
Actually, his assessment of Moscow females is pretty much spot on. I'm sure that using "caps' really emphasizes your idiotic point, nevertheless, you have no idea what you're talking about. Want another example? Let's take your last post
КОГДА ты последний раз брали такси с белорусской до Павелецкой в 9 утра? Oсобенно, когда идет снег, как сегодня.

That so-called "short" taxi ride could take you 2 hrs or more at 9am. Have you seen the traffic around Белору́сская метро?

They have been renovating that area for over a year and the last kilometer could easily take an hour to deal with. The parking lot in front of the train station is closed as well.

Unlike you - we actually HAVE transited from DME - SVO ( Jan'17 ) - I paid for SC and a friend to go by taxi ( It was still  Uber, then) - I had flown in with them, but they were going on to Bangkok with Aeroflot via SVO

Myself, I did Train to Moscow, from Sochi ( the SLOW train from Sukhum(i)  - from "Kazansky"- taxi to "Belorussky" ( to take the SVO aeroexpress)  Jan '16

Nov 16 VNO: Marshrutka, to metro, to  "Paveletsky" - train to Domodedova, Hotel, then Marshrutka to DME

Loads of other variations - I'm going back to the times when there weren't ANY aeroexpress...

And finally, how do I know your Russia is nothing more than ridiculously rudimentary? First, I've seen the videos :rolleyes:, secondly you still use Latin text even though it's very easy to switch back and forth from one language to another using a mobile device, i.e., Latin to Cyrillic (I do it all the time). Lastly, it's proBki (пробки), not propki, yes, even though it's a soft "B" sound that can sound like a P.

1/ Once again - I've never claimed 'fluency' and on here most folk use Latin script - as they appreciate that most don't understand Cyrillic ... ( I do)

IF I was worried about 'critique' from those that lurk in the internet to post as 'positive' as you - I wouldn't be posting videos ... Let me make this clear for you... I don't care what people think of my 'terrible' Russian / German / French/ Greek / Turkish ... These are happy memories... 

2/ So, I DID - phonetically - translit - 'traffic jams' ...  ?!  Feeling ever so slightly small, yet, Danchik?

все еще, твой русский полный отстой

See how easy it is to troll.

I've been observing your 'style' for a while, now ....and 'poor 'ol Trench' - if he continues to post as if he knows - when he's guessing or offering shyte 'advise' will certainly have his observations examined... 

But thanks for pointing out about the possible delays between Paveletsky and Belorusky

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
Very much appreciate the support Yes :D I see you have Russia down as your country so you certainly seem to know more than Moby ;) I agree poor 'ol Trenchy here has been taking stick from Mobers for far too long now. Good to see we are in agreement on a couple of points, that's the way I saw it when I was in Moscow earlier in the summer. On the way there (afternoon time) I took the areoexpress to Belorusskya then a taxi from there to the hotel about a quarter mile or so from Red Square, just this distance the taxi was kind of expensive and ran into heavy traffic nearing the hotel in the renovation area you speak off. Fortunately I was near enough the hotel to get out and walk the final hundred meters so avoid being in traffic too long. On the way back (8am ish) I got the tube to Belorusskya for the areoexpress and it was quicker and a hell of a lot cheaper. I would say though to others to check the time on you're mobile phone as mine was an hour behind Moscow time & did'nt update for some reason, fortunately leaving a lot of time for journeying as I normally do mean't I still caught the plane,... just.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »
I like this thread.  :P

Another fine example of a band from the peanut gallery cannibalizing one another on who gets the 'expert' cap in their attempt to address a very simple, albeit fairly subjective, inquiry. As is all else in the world of the MOB, any attempt for absolution in the sphere of generalities is whacked in its first attempt.

Hopefully Davo got what he sought. Not much to add from the offerings of the indigenous. I personally know, intimately, what it's like to travel between SVO/DME. One of the time was when I missed my flight because of the added chaos of the Beslan tragedy created.

Has Trench been 'bullied' much? No doubt, although he should also own up to the reality that he's culpable for some of it. But the underlying reality is, ironically enough, Trench is really not that much different than most of his detractors.

To Trench: Seriously. If this is the path that you believe you'll find that what you seek, do it. But from someone who's been there, done that with a T-shirt to show for it - there's no substitute to marrying someone from your own society - which includes the very same women from a culture already living within yours.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

You can't use брали with ты, Mr. pot calling kettle black.

I almost always use Latin script when typing Russian words, it's easier than switching back and forth.  My native Russian speaking husband does as well when he communicates with other native speakers, none of whom speak English. I'll be sure to let them know this is a sign their Russian is "ridiculously rudimentary".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:47:06 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »
the flight isn't for me.....

Since you're tasked for helping your lady get to point A to B, factor in if she has to pack a lot of bags besides the time and expense involved. When going to events that I pay to park at and my wife is in heels, I will always pay more to get closer to the event for her comfort. Women remember the little things you do for them.

If you get the domestic and international flight in one airport so you don't need a train or taxi and she has to transfer her bags herself, tell her you'll pay to have someone carry them for her. Long flight and the excitement to visit you will burn up a lot of her energy so help her out.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541338
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2419
Most Online Ever: 12701