It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Paul Manafort- Destroyer of Ukrainian Democracy  (Read 76653 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:48:28 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
Re: Paul Manafort- Destroyer of Ukrainian Democracy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:43:01 PM »
A piece on Paul Manafort's role in electing Yanukovych

It looks like many of those phony Republican 'warriors' actually cared more about thwarting anything Obama did, than they did for Ukraine.  Their collective embrace of Trump/Manafort provides evidence! 

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:48:52 PM by AnonMod »
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:09:49 PM »
Paul Manafort is a person that is hired to improve the image of the person that hires them. Sure he worked for Yanukovych to help him improve his image. He probably told Yanukovych to be a better person which will naturally improve his image. Just last year you said protestors were tired of the corruption, which had reached new heights under Yanukovych, in which you denied until the proof was presented. That proof came after he was ousted. If you didn't know Yanukovych was that bad a few years ago, how do you expect Manafort to know in 2004? As an attorney, you have clients that pay you for results. Pay you to help them be a winner. You don't know what those people are doing behind closed doors when nobody is looking but you do your job to the best of your ability. If one gets caught doing something illegal, you should not be blamed for working for them. Now if you have something on Manafort that he helped Yanukovych to spread corruption to hurt Ukraine, let us know.

Although your article claims they were in bed together most of the time, your article did admit Manafort grew disillusioned with Yanukovych in the end . Check out Wikipedia. The man has been an advisor to the campaigns of 4 men that went on to be President of the USA. Do you think Trump hired the man because he may be pro Russian or do you think Trump hired the man based off his previous success? Now if a good chunk of Trump's advisors are pro Russian, then we can begin to claim birds of a feather flock together.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

It looks like many of those phony Republican 'warriors' actually cared more about thwarting anything Obama did, than they did for Ukraine.  Their collective embrace of Trump/Manafort provides evidence! 

Fathertime!

Weren't you the one who kept pushing for a win-win in which Ukraine would let Russia  keep Crimea, Donbass, etc. in exchange for a promise from Putin that Russia would not take any more Ukrainian territory? 

Let me get this straight -  you are now supporting Ukraine's freedom and independence and consider Putin a bad guy? 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »

Fathertime!

And they will continue to ask how many angels dance on the head of a pin, as evidenced above.

Manafort worked with the Putin regime to elect Yanukovych.  But it was what he did later that matters.  He helped oligarchs buy up Ukrainian assets.  He called in favours to have the Yanukovych regime drop tariffs, important tax revenue for the Ukrainian government, for the benefit of U.S. multinationals.  Together with Ukrainian oligarchs, he laundered money in Ukraine, which was then used to corrupt Ukraine's judicial system, which had been cleaned up significantly under Yushchenko (I state this as one who is not a Yushchenko fan, particularly). 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »
Manafort worked with the Putin regime to elect Yanukovych.

Who knew Putin to be so bad in 2004? Check out Manafort on Wikpeida. He's also worked for anti Communist leaders. The guy is a hired gun and will do a good job for anybody that pays him regardless of their political affiliation.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:29:31 PM »
Weren't you the one who kept pushing for a win-win in which Ukraine would let Russia  keep Crimea, Donbass, etc. in exchange for a promise from Putin that Russia would not take any more Ukrainian territory?   

Yup that was me, and Trump is with me on that issue, but that alone isn't enough to make me vote for him.... YOU are the hypocrite for supporting him, while pretending to care so much about Ukraine!   Hillary appears to be more prepared to take the harder line against Russia. 

Let me get this straight -  you are now supporting Ukraine's freedom and independence and consider Putin a bad guy? 

As usual you are confused, and making up facts cloaked as questions.  I say Putin did what he felt he had to do.

Fathertime!   

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 10:40:55 PM »
Uf we are going to attack candidates by proxy,  via their underlings; my only question is whether or not the underling has to still be alive.

If so, that cuts down greatly on the scum connected to Hillary Clinton,  since many of the most egregious, and the ones that were able to testify against her, died under mysterious circumstances.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 10:42:45 PM »
I'm not attacking Trump.  Just Manafort.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »
I'm not attacking Trump.  Just Manafort.

Agree!  Hopefully, Trump will wake up to Managort's history and motives in time to make rational decisions on his own.  Time will tell!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 11:13:41 PM »
Agree! Hopefully, Trump will wake up to Managort's history and motives in time to make rational decisions on his own.  Time will tell!
Hopefully?? You mean like "Hope and change"? 

Stop making lame excuses, unless you are pretending Trump is just a babe in the woods and doesn't know who he is dealing with.  As Marco Rubio would say  "He knows exactly what he is doing"

Fathertime!   

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 03:23:55 AM »

Gator,

IIRC I believe I mentioned that...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 05:38:45 AM »
Agree!  Hopefully, Trump will wake up to Managort's history and motives in time to make rational decisions on his own.  Time will tell!

Manafort's history is exactly what got him the job. He knows how to raise money, improve their image regardless of what side of the fence they stand on, and he helped 4 men get elected POTUS. The guy has done more work for conservatives and anti communist leaders than he has for anything close to Putin. The journalist in the article leaves out that he's very qualified at his job and leave his readers with the impression Trump hired him with his ties to Yanukovych who is then in turn tied to Putin as the only thing on his resume. I'm sure the journalist dug hard to find out if any other Trump employees have worked for Putin and he wrote about all he's got on that topic. Hillary and Obama, after being in politics for years and having inside knowledge of Russia's antics decided to hit the reset button with Russia in 2009. Trump has never had an intelligence briefing. He has no knowledge of what other nations do to sabotage and undermine America. Once Trump learns Putin is not on board with his "Make America Great Again" program, he will probably be talking worse about Putin than he currently is about Obama.

When I get hired to do jobs, I don't know everything about my customers except what they hire me to me to do. I don't know who they vote for or if they've ever been in prison. Manafort may have went into his job of improving Yanukovych hoping to make him into a better person. He helped Yanukovych improve his image but too bad he didn't succeed in making him a better person. The Ukrainian people fortunately were able to see through Yanukovych's lies and deception. Most here failed to see how bad he was only until after the revolution.

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 07:37:24 AM »
Actually, the fact that the left wing are pulling out all the stops regarding Trump must be good news for the Trump campaign. With a 100 days to go the Left wing media is in full flight panic mode.

Is Trump  now responsible for Manafort's employment history? I think not.

Did Manafort do anything criminally wrong during his tenure with the Ukrainian government? Not as far as I know.

It's unadulterated desperation...It's similar to giving  those Muslim parents prostituting their son's death for the Democratic cause all that air time. I'm watching this father, and now mother, campaigning for Hillary at the expense of cheapening the sacrifice their son made for his country simply to highlight they're Muslim and don't like Trump.

Makes me kinda sick to my stomach watching these so called 'parents' sell their son's honor for their own 15 minutes of fame with the liberal media. It'd be interesting to find out if they're on the Dem payroll.

My guess would be other American Muslim families, especially those serving, are horrified and embarrassed. Just when the average Muslim is trying to regain some credibility back for the religion of peace these two liberal puppets throw any semblance of their religion's integrity out the window....what a gong show. :rolleyes:

For all the parents and left wing media know the Captain might have been a Trump supporter himself.

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 07:55:15 AM »
Actually, the fact that the left wing are pulling out all the stops regarding Trump must be good news for the Trump campaign. With a 100 days to go the Left wing media is in full flight panic mode.

Cankles McFibber, for all the hype and free media attention, is just not an attractive candidate to many people. 

Concerning the Muslim guy... reading the actual transcript of the interview with Trump shows the media is, once more, biased towards Democrats - same as they have been for the past 50-60 years.  The German term "lugenpresse", "the lying press" most certainly applies...

Offline Boethius

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
What a horrible cartoon. I can't believe you stooped to that level.   

I watched that man's speech on YouTube. He was the epitome of dignity.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 09:02:25 AM »

Is Trump  now responsible for Manafort's employment history? I think not.

Did I claim he was?  No.  This thread is about Paul Manafort, destroyer of Ukraine.  That is a fact.   If you want to talk about Trump, start another thread in NHB.

Did Manafort do anything criminally wrong during his tenure with the Ukrainian government? Not as far as I know.

Not criminally, but morally, as I outlined above. 

What he did had serious repercussions for Ukraine.  It lead to Maidan.  It resulted in the deaths of thousands of Ukrainians.  That may be the law of unintended consequences, but this is reality.  He didn't give a f##k about the people of Ukraine.  He benefited personally at their expense.  He is the textbook definition of a sociopath.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
Cankles McFibber, for all the hype and free media attention, is just not an attractive candidate to many people. 

Concerning the Muslim guy... reading the actual transcript of the interview with Trump shows the media is, once more, biased towards Democrats - same as they have been for the past 50-60 years.  The German term "lugenpresse", "the lying press" most certainly applies...

In the two videos BC linked you can look at the way Hillary handled the Benghazi mother vs how Trump handled the Muslim father, you will see a big difference.  One was a caring classy individual despite being criticized, the other was a self-centered jackass.   Looks like some of the 'patriots'  'and changed men' here are channeling their inner jackass!

Fathertime!   

Offline jone

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 09:45:13 AM »

Did I claim he was?  No.  This thread is about Paul Manafort, destroyer of Ukraine.  That is a fact.   If you want to talk about Trump, start another thread in NHB.

Not criminally, but morally, as I outlined above. 

What he did had serious repercussions for Ukraine.  It lead to Maidan.  It resulted in the deaths of thousands of Ukrainians.  That may be the law of unintended consequences, but this is reality.  He didn't give a f##k about the people of Ukraine.  He benefited personally at their expense.  He is the textbook definition of a sociopath.

Curious to know if Manafort was responsible for all of the other misdeeds done in Ukraine?  Based on your strident response, he must have been responsible for the poverty, the money given to Timoshenko, ect.  Obviously, Ukraine was a successful state prior to Manafort coming to town.

Your postings are blinded by your absolute liberalism.  Which can be a good thing.  But in this case is not.  After three years of railing that the Oligarchs are responsible for the failures in Ukraine, you are now stating that the absolute reason for the failure is a sociopath named Paul Manafort.  Sorry, but that is like too big a helping of my favorite food.  It is too much to swallow.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
People who go to foreign countries and benefit personally from that country's corruption are no better than the corrupt locals who exploit the powerless.  In fact, more so, because they have other options to make an honest living.

I didn't state Manafort is the sole reason for Ukraine's problems.  But yes, he is a sociopath who ensured Ukrainians remained poor, getting the government to reduce export tariffs because it personally benefited him (through a client) and joining in deals with oligarchs which moved Ukrainian assets into their bank accounts offshore.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 09:51:16 AM »

Member of Muslim Brotherhood - check.

Connected to Hillary - check.  He works for the same well-connected law firm that handles the Clinton's taxes and other legal matters.

He's a stooge, another victim that liberals set up as a proxy to muddy the waters and appear to be hands-off attacking Trump.  Meanwhile the luegenpresse rebroadcasts the lies and covers up the truth.

BTW - the war that his son died in was opposed by Trump and voted for by Hillary.

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
Member of Muslim Brotherhood - check.

Connected to Hillary - check.  He works for the same well-connected law firm that handles the Clinton's taxes and other legal matters.

He's a stooge, another victim that liberals set up as a proxy to muddy the waters and appear to be hands-off attacking Trump.  Meanwhile the luegenpresse rebroadcasts the lies and covers up the truth.

BTW - the war that his son died in was opposed by Trump and voted for by Hillary.

Member of the Muslim Brotherhood? (Face in Hands) And here I mistakenly thought this grieving Father was actually a good man.  :(

Offline Muzh

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2016, 10:03:35 AM »

You forgot who you are talking to. He can go much lower. 8)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
Sorry Boethius, but this Father is not "the epitome of dignity." Any member of the Muslim Brotherhood cannot lay claim to that distinction. And just what in the bloody hell is Hillary and Bill doing hiring a member of the Muslim Brotherhood for their legal assistance? WTF??  :( I really think Billary has no morals to speak of. The woman is classless, without a conscience.

Offline jone

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 10:10:04 AM »
People who go to foreign countries and benefit personally from that country's corruption are no better than the corrupt locals who exploit the powerless.  In fact, more so, because they have other options to make an honest living.

I didn't state Manafort is the sole reason for Ukraine's problems.  But yes, he is a sociopath who ensured Ukrainians remained poor, getting the government to reduce export tariffs because it personally benefited him (through a client) and joining in deals with oligarchs which moved Ukrainian assets into their bank accounts offshore.

Gosh, I didn't know he worked for Yulia Tymoshenko?    Boe, you can't see past your keyboard on this one.  Your strident posting flies in the face of things you have written before.  Those were much more believable than that Manafort was personally responsible for Maidan.  James Carville is a perfect example of someone who has gone to different countries and worked to get a corrupt president elected.   Perhaps you should watch the movie, "Our Brand Is Crisis".  Because he worked for the Clintons, should we now discount Hillary (most of us already have)?

You are presenting an argument that flies in the face of your previous postings.  Perhaps you should drink some coffee and leave the Kool Aid alone.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM