It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 304287 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:30 PM »

But Georgia's Gocha rocks! A bit flat on some of those verses, but nothing that a good signing coach can't improve. I would've love to have heard him sing 15-20 years ago. I hope good things came his way after this show. He's very entertaining though he needs a more stage command to compliment his obvious talent.

Someone here told me he is doing some engagements in the U.S. One of the things he needs is some coaching on his English word pronouncement. But that might be some of his charm.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:15:10 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2017, 12:13:48 AM »
My new life in... The Republic of Ecuador?

When I got the idea of becoming an expat one day in 2010, the country that was getting a lot of attention by me and others was Ecuador. This little South American county on the equator, the reason for the name, has large population of American, Canadian and Western Europeans expats. Which is generally not a positive, you know with Ugly Americans and the whole Gringo thing with the locals. But it is an indication this country has something to offer. Namely the tropical beaches, Andes Mountains where you can pick your elevation to get an eternal month of May. the Amazon jungle to say you've seen it and the Galapagos Islands.

Since my 360 residency is up on January 9th (I entered Georgia last January 14th) and my apartment gets new tenets in late afternoon of January 8, so it is time to try someplace else. Ecuador seems exotic and has the same low cost of living advantages of Georgia. Seafood from the Pacific is incredibly inexpensive. Lobster, shrimp and fish caught daily, fresh fruits and vegetables of all types harvested year round. Avocados! I'm getting hungry!

I know an American woman Margarita, and her husband Frank that have been living there since the 80's. They own several cabins they rent out to vacationers. They sit on some large acreage in the mountains north of the capital city, Quito. I am making inquires.

I can come back to Georgia anytime.

Stay tuned.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:28 AM »
Maxx, it's good to see you grabbing retirement life in a way many would be afraid of. Such adventures are why i often took employment opportunities that required travel and relocation.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »
Interesting revelation, maxx.

I was under the impression that your retirement move in the region was partly because of your FSUW persuasion? Has this change as well?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2017, 07:44:03 PM »
Interesting revelation, maxx.

I was under the impression that your retirement move in the region was partly because of your FSUW persuasion? Has this change as well?

No, not at all. I love this part of the world and the people in it. I just want to experience different places and people. Below is a letter from a woman I internet know. We've been in contact for more than 7 years now. My idea is to 'wing it' in Ecuador like I did in Georgia and see what comes. I trust Margarita and her husband Frank. They are good people. My eventual plan is to return to Georgia. I love this place! And hopefully find the right woman who is smart enough to understand I offer her an interesting life! 

"Hey Maxx, good to hear from you.  Listen, I am giving you the best advice here, you should stay in the town of Otavalo, and I will help you get a good place, you can go cheap, $10 or up to $25/30 a night with compadres of mind who own mid range hotels in town.  You need to soak up the aciton and the 'feel' of Ecuador.  I will get you settled, and Cotacachi is 20 min away. I will bring you up to the mountain, which is much higher in altitude than Otavalo, only 15 min away, also my girlfriend and her husband have a gorgeous little apt., at the beginning of our 15 minute mt. road.  Anyway I can help you but I think, right off the bat, you need to stay in town and a bit in Cotacachi, Join the Cotacachi pages..... There is Cotacachi expats and What's happening in Cotacachi There are cheap places, La cuadra, others there and I recommend you stay there a few nights.  The mt. is very out of the way and excluded, you need to 'feel the action' my man.  I can do all that I can to help.....yes, lots on my plate now.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »
Maxx, it's good to see you grabbing retirement life in a way many would be afraid of. Such adventures are why i often took employment opportunities that required travel and relocation.

I remember a photo of you doing a motorcycle jump and it looked like you were about a quarter mile in the sky! You were a test driver for Suzuki motorcycles working out if Chicago right? Both of us like the challenge of doing risky things. Perhaps this is why we seek a union with a Slavic woman?

Offline Jumper

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »

I remember a photo of you doing a motorcycle jump and it looked like you were about a quarter mile in the sky! You were a test driver for Suzuki motorcycles working out if Chicago right? Both of us like the challenge of doing risky things. Perhaps this is why we seek a union with a Slavic woman?
Worked or raced  for,or under contract with ,about all of the OEMs in that field at some point or another.,and have been   based out of San diego, Torrence, Corona, , yeap Chi town area, Indiatuba (br ) and prauge.
Lived in Brazil,  Greece, Portugal, Canada, and obviously the U.S.
Traveled for races,or testing or for fun,  thru more countries then an i can really  remember, and been most continents, and in really remote locales for some rally stuff like Paris to Dakar, ISDE stuff in Chile,  also way out in the bsck country of Czech rep, Italy , France Austria, Romania etc etc etc .
So yeah pretty well traveled.

From my old ama/fim pro card, I  used to get annual invitations to race a big desert rally in Kazakhstan,  with bikes and support crew offered, but always had some schedule conflict
And never took them up on it sadly. 
This is your thread though maxx,
Sorry for the  :tmi:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:33:41 PM by Jumper »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
Worked or raced  for,or under contract with ,about all of the OEMs in that field at some point or another.,and have been   based out of San diego, Torrence, Corona, , yeap Chi town area, Indiatuba (br ) and prauge.
Lived in Brazil,  Greece, Portugal, Canada, and obviously the U.S.
Traveled for races,or testing or for fun,  thru more countries then an i can really  remember, and been most continents, and in really remote locales for some rally stuff like Paris to Dakar, ISDE stuff in Chile,  also way out in the bsck country of Czech rep, Italy , France Austria, Romania etc etc etc .
So yeah pretty well traveled.

From my old ama/fim pro card, I  used to get annual invitations to race a big desert rally in Kazakhstan,  with bikes and support crew offered, but always had some schedule conflict
And never took them up on it sadly. 
This is your thread though maxx,
Sorry for the  :TMI:

I don't mind at all AJ. I remember years on back during my train wreck, your advice about the way to solve my divorce was by a "boating accident." Of course you were kidding. Even the feminist writer doing an article for a Virginia Women's magazine about us guys made note of your comment and that it was in jest.

I am curious about regarding motorcycle test drivers. Do they get to a age when they are not desired anymore? You know like fashion models that age out at 23? Or boxers by their early 30s?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:41 AM »
I would like to thank  Maxx for his very kind offer to host SC and I as although my visa for RU expires later, we suddenly realised that I ...and the car... needed to be out for Russia.

Sadly, it has rained for 3 solid days, hence snow in the mountains...so ..snow tyres or not...we cannot risk driving.

Currently, there are no ro-ro ferries from our part of Russia to Georgia or any EU port on the Black Sea, either..

Sorry, Maxx the car and I are going by train to Piter and Finland !

It would have been great to see you and SC was looking forward to the road trip and seeing Georgia.

Could you please make your next stop somewhere Russian's can get visas, easily or don't need them, she says )

In the meantime, thanks for the offer (when we we in crisis) and this is the spirit I think members want to see

Good luck, matey wherever you end up !

You could consider Sochi! You have a FWD.... Ask SC ...she'll drive you (crazy !) Through the mountains ...you guys can get three year Visas for Russia... and temporarily import the Merc for a year free.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:17:57 AM by msmob »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2017, 04:00:39 AM »
Have you ever considered house sitting, Maxx?  Some people want responsible individuals to take care of pets, others don’t want homes sitting empty.  Some people want you to pay water/power, others some expensies, and others, nothing. The homes are all over the West, from a few days to months or even indefinitely.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2017, 04:19:28 AM »
Have you ever considered house sitting, Maxx? 

Good idea !

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2017, 04:33:57 AM »
Have you ever considered house sitting, Maxx?  Some people want responsible individuals to take care of pets, others don’t want homes sitting empty.  Some people want you to pay water/power, others some expensies, and others, nothing. The homes are all over the West, from a few days to months or even indefinitely.

No, never thought of that. I've been real nice to the three Airbnb hosts I have been a guest with. The young Georgian woman that is married a Russian man is becoming a good friend. I think the best thing I can do for myself is to network and earn a reputation as a good guest. My plan is to buy her a microwave oven as a parting gift and of course give her and the apartment a great review on Airbnb.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2017, 04:45:00 AM »
Good idea !

Thanks Moby for kinds words. Sad I won't be able to see you and SC this month. But probably for the best as I got exactly 1 month to prepare for my next place to live. I am sure our paths will cross someday. I would like to see Sochi.

I got a bunch more stuff to post about Georgia. I'll do it in themes. I'll do either the buying and driving a car here or the street animals next. Or maybe post about the "interesting times to be living in" these last few years. I got a need to put that down for the record.

It's looking like Ecuador is next. I'll make sure to post photos and give updates about it on this thread. Just because it was never part FSU doesn't mean people won't be interested, I think.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:51:14 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2017, 06:33:16 AM »

I've done that, kind of fell into the situation, but for 3 years it worked very well for all involved.  :)

Offline Jumper

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2017, 06:52:54 AM »

I am curious about regarding motorcycle test drivers. Do they get to a age when they are not desired anymore? You know like fashion models that age out at 23? Or boxers by their early 30s?
Off road, racing yes. Your body at a certain age just can't be at a world competitive level. Talent extends careers for sure, but still can't stop time.or injury. Ive broken over 30 bones, including my back.metal rods and pins in lots of spots.7 major surgeries, a lot more minor ones.
  Early thirties is absolutely  ancient in the sport.I held (earned world ranking)my pro license until early 40's, just to prove to myself i could, and to be one of a very few who have, but I had already transitioned into testing and R&D as my real job  a decade prior.Yes that has a shelf life as well, but easier to move into the model design area, which is where I went.I still race a lot, in old farts amatuer classes/divisions. 
  The soecific divisions of Kawasaki and Honda I worked for,or with ,as a contractor for a long time where both closed about a year ago.
So I'm working, at a transition job in my thoughts, and deciding on where to go and what to do next. :)

It won't be as exciting as Ecuador!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:30:14 AM by Jumper »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »
...I am curious about regarding motorcycle test drivers. Do they get to a age when they are not desired anymore? You know like fashion models that age out at 23? Or boxers by their early 30s?

Apparently not the case with Floyd Mayweather. He just filed for Russian citizenship yesterday. He'd like to have dual nationality so he can open 20+ gym in Chechnya amongst other places.

:-X

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/boxing/755385/mayweather-seeking-russian-citizenship/
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »

It won't be as exciting as Ecuador!

I'm not sure of that. I have a talent of taking exciting events and turning them into dull experiences. I'd rather be home this Friday night posting to you than sitting in bar looking for some action.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:51:38 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2017, 02:10:51 AM »
One of first things you notice upon arrival to Georgia is the street dogs and cats. They are everywhere, big cities, small cities, out in the country, walking along the road through the Tbilisi forest. Often times in packs but never aggressive. Usually a little shy but friendly. Most as in 99% look well fed.

Ujarma Fortress protectors

Here they come to tear you up!

Russian girl knows they are all bluff

They love to chase the cars down this road going past the Ujarma Fortress

This one of the few dogs that didn't look well fed. The well fed dogs usually hangout outside of restaurants or grocery stores. Often you will see a pile of food next to them. Some of them get to be fussy eaters and won't eat just anything given to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPHcvIOHBk&feature=youtu.be

I asked what method is used to keep the population down? First answer was, "cars". The second answer is the aggressive dogs are put down and the non-agressive are caught, neutered and released back on the street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oOcjHSCx74&feature=youtu.be

Of course birth control is not always successful. A new family of pups born outside the South Tbilisi Mall

The one sleeking up from the left I named, "Sheila."

I grew quite fond of Sheila and would make sure to carry something for her to eat when I went outside. I asked recently someone I knew that lived in her neighborhood what happened to her. I was a little shocked to hear she had been killed by a neighbor woman who didn't like Sheila (I heard she would bark outside her door early in the morning). I was told she put out a contract on her with the neighborhood drunk. 2 bottles of vodka and she was no more. I thought this would be punished as a crime in America but my next thought was Sheila and most of the other dogs would have been put down by now. So what system is better?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:18:17 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2017, 07:25:16 PM »

Just outside of Tbilisi heading Southeast.

The heading south on the road coming from the Georgian-Russian border. An Armenian driver was in too much of a hurry.

That's him, walking behind the trailer. Looks like he was unhurt.

Look ^ at that rock sticking up there on the shoulder of the road. You see things like that and wonder why they are not removed by the road crew. Not the cause of the accident, but ready to make another one. In Georgia if you drive you have to be prepared for road side hazards. In some places, especially small cities, you will see concrete drainage ditches that if driven into will drop your car or truck to its under-chassis, instantly!   

Wonder if he kept his job?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:41:22 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
Great stuff, Maxx!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2017, 05:26:19 AM »
My new life in... The Republic of Ecuador?

When I got the idea of becoming an expat one day in 2010, the country that was getting a lot of attention by me and others was Ecuador. This little South American county on the equator, the reason for the name, has large population of American, Canadian and Western Europeans expats. Which is generally not a positive, you know with Ugly Americans and the whole Gringo thing with the locals. But it is an indication this country has something to offer. Namely the tropical beaches, Andes Mountains where you can pick your elevation to get an eternal month of May. the Amazon jungle to say you've seen it and the Galapagos Islands.

Since my 360 residency is up on January 9th (I entered Georgia last January 14th) and my apartment gets new tenets in late afternoon of January 8, so it is time to try someplace else. Ecuador seems exotic and has the same low cost of living advantages of Georgia. Seafood from the Pacific is incredibly inexpensive. Lobster, shrimp and fish caught daily, fresh fruits and vegetables of all types harvested year round. Avocados! I'm getting hungry!

I know an American woman Margarita, and her husband Frank that have been living there since the 80's. They own several cabins they rent out to vacationers. They sit on some large acreage in the mountains north of the capital city, Quito. I am making inquires.

I can come back to Georgia anytime.

Stay tuned.

Nyt. I am heading for Lviv instead. I am doing so good with my workouts I don't want to be gone too long. I'll get a place in Lviv and find a gym to make sure, at the very least, maintain my gains in strength. I'm a MONSTER with leg and back exercises, which are the two biggest muscle groups of the body. Remember muscles burn calories, hence fat. You want those muscles big and strong if you are looking to trim up.

120 pounds pull back with one arm. I was doing the maximum the machine has, 190 pounds with two arms.

90 kilos pull back with one arm. 6 reps.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:30:33 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2017, 01:20:53 AM »
Great stuff, Maxx!

Moby that is the road you would have taken. I'll post up more photos of it. It is the Darial Gorge of ancient times. It is one of two passes through the Greater Caucasian Mountains. VERY rich in history!

120 pounds pull back 13 times with my left hand, 15 times with my right hand. This works the back.

Another machine, 90 Kilograms or 198 pounds pull back with 4 repetitions with my left hand and 6 repetitions with my right hand.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2017, 01:22:55 AM »

Some repeat above, sorry.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »
Just curious Max, why Lviv in particular over Odessa, Kyiv, etc.
I've never been, heard it's a beautiful city.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »
I know a woman there that visited me here in Georgia in September. We are not romantically involved, just friends.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541272
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2956
Most Online Ever: 12701