It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Should I do Photography?  (Read 16594 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Should I do Photography?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »
Russia is different because:

a)  their government cracked down on this some time ago; and
b)  Russians are wealthier.

In terms of character, they are pretty much the same.

I've known a couple of Russians here in the UK a male and a female (not a couple) They seemed fine as did many Russians & Ukrainians I met. Do you mean just a general rough vibe to FSU society overall?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »
In the meantime have you talked to any new girls on Skype and set up dates to actually meet them when you do your trip?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Have you forgotten?  Trench doesn't do Skype, remember?  It takes up far too much time!  :cluebat:  He would rather spend hours on this forum, regurgitating stuff that he's heard third-hand, instead of making useful contributions by asking for comments or suggestions about what happened on his own trips (without whinging about his girl taking him shopping).

Offline gaspar227

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 06:15:35 PM »
I think the modelmayhem thing is a good idea.  Post as a free photographer.  My ex used to use them all the time to make side money (as a model).  It's a good open man, and if they like you who knows!  I would take it as a great way to just meet them in a relaxed manner, not so much pressure. 

And as far as training etc, fake it till you make it man.  99% of the dumbasses on that site are just a GWC (guy with camera) and looking for the same thing with hot chicks.  If it works here -- and my ex used to get hit on constantly on shoots -- and all kinds of propositions.  Here typically the models actually charge for the photos, not the photographers.  If you could just break even and meet more girls I think that would be a win.

As everyone knows...I don't know shit about FSU, but as ya'll are quick to point out, girls are girls.  If you have a website and somehow can get them to see it (cards/fliers?), and you have a fancy camera and speak in a funny accent...girls will give you way more leeway than a local dude.  At least that's how it's played locally here.  Learn some photographer words in Russian ... LOL IDK.  This seems more like a PUA forum question, but it would def take some doing to get it down.

PS.  I personally would take note of the people that say you'll get your ass kicked and poke on that to see how true it is. 

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 06:20:37 PM »
I've known a couple of Russians here in the UK a male and a female (not a couple) They seemed fine as did many Russians & Ukrainians I met. Do you mean just a general rough vibe to FSU society overall?

Trench, do you have Russian friends in your town you can talk to?  Or go to London and make some Russian/ FSU friends.  Get a sense of their background, history, culture.  The way you are approaching it seems so one-sided.  From your posts it seems like you have little interest in them...all you want to do is find a woman there.  Fine, many guys are like minded, but I guarantee it goes a long way when you try to understand their point of view.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 11:49:42 PM »
I think the modelmayhem thing is a good idea.  Post as a free photographer.  My ex used to use them all the time to make side money (as a model).  It's a good open man, and if they like you who knows!  I would take it as a great way to just meet them in a relaxed manner, not so much pressure. 

And as far as training etc, fake it till you make it man.  99% of the dumbasses on that site are just a GWC (guy with camera) and looking for the same thing with hot chicks.  If it works here -- and my ex used to get hit on constantly on shoots -- and all kinds of propositions.  Here typically the models actually charge for the photos, not the photographers.  If you could just break even and meet more girls I think that would be a win.

Don't spoil the fun ...I wanted Trench to sign up and find out that amateurs have to pay for a model's time ;)

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:43 AM »
Russia is different because:

a)  their government cracked down on this some time ago; and
b)  Russians are wealthier.

In terms of character, they are pretty much the same.

Hmm, all thanks to strongman President Putin and his badass circle for maintaining order?  :-\
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline BillyB

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »
I have a game plan Wall, this is just a possible sideline I am considering.

A Japanese photographer put an ad in a Russian paper that he was holding a beauty contest. Many girls showed up and Yulia Nova won. Yulia is average looking but has a body that rocks and began doing nude photograpy for the Japanese photographer making her and him lots of money. Will you find us the next Yulia Nova Trench?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
Hmm, all thanks to strongman President Putin and his badass circle for maintaining order?  :-\

I can't be certain, as I read about this a long time ago, but my impression is that policy wise, they didn't want this type of business to flourish in Russia. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2017, 10:12:02 AM »

A Japanese photographer put an ad in a Russian paper that he was holding a beauty contest. Many girls showed up and Yulia Nova won. Yulia is average looking but has a body that rocks and began doing nude photograpy for the Japanese photographer making her and him lots of money. Will you find us the next Yulia Nova Trench?

I'll do my best :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
Don't really get the point of doing photography...if you want to go on more dates focus on that.  It'll be creepy to the girl if you do a photo shoot and then ask her out.  She may feel your intentions aren't all that transparent.

plus how much time do you have on a trip.  if it were me I'd be trying to build connections not do this.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 02:06:10 PM »
Don't really get the point of doing photography...if you want to go on more dates focus on that.  It'll be creepy to the girl if you do a photo shoot and then ask her out.  She may feel your intentions aren't all that transparent.

plus how much time do you have on a trip.  if it were me I'd be trying to build connections not do this.

Not necessarily, FSW are not western women, they love being behind a lens ando love the attention. I don't think they would find it at all creepy but western women would and that's part of the problem with WW they have cut off a lot of the traditional paths to chatting them up. WM get seen in a creepy light with WW if they go about it how you describe, some might be ok but a lot will probably find it creedy our society has brought them up that way FSW not so.

On the getting sidetracked I agree a bit, it's kind of a fun thought more than anything, something to have a bit of fun with when out there. Of course need to be careful like you say not to take too much time away from the point of being there off dating girls. One to think about I think.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 03:11:33 PM »

On the getting sidetracked I agree a bit, it's kind of a fun thought more than anything, something to have a bit of fun with when out there. Of course need to be careful like you say not to take too much time away from the point of being there off dating girls. One to think about I think.

Again, how exactly are you going to advertise your services if you speak or write no Russian.  And secondly how will you communicate to them when actually taking their photos, giving directions/instructions.  This seems beyond far fetched.  Clearly you haven't thought things through, you just fancied yourself a modern Playboy photog who tried to get women sneakily.

In the meantime, I had a lovely long Skype chat with a fine lady from central Russia today.  May I ask when you last had such a chat?

Offline BC

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
Not necessarily, FSW are not western women, they love being behind a lens ando love the attention. I don't think they would find it at all creepy but western women would and that's part of the problem with WW they have cut off a lot of the traditional paths to chatting them up. WM get seen in a creepy light with WW if they go about it how you describe, some might be ok but a lot will probably find it creedy our society has brought them up that way FSW not so.

Trench,
Before a shoot, almost any woman, or man for that matter, in any country, would want to see your portfolio before getting in front of a lens.  Try it, get a camera walk down the street and start asking folks. Forget modelmayhem, without a decent port you're a nobody.  Even models that work for pay would be hesitant unless they are desperate.  Last thing any woman wants is a bunch of unprofessional photos hanging around somewhere.  A camera and photoshop do not a photographer make. 

Your naïveté is initially entertaining though. I'd really like to watch you try.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »
Not necessarily, FSW are not western women, they love being behind a lens ando love the attention.

Now you're saying that FSUW all want to be photographers?  :devil:

Interesting thought...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »
Trench,
Before a shoot, almost any woman, or man for that matter, in any country, would want to see your portfolio before getting in front of a lens.  Try it, get a camera walk down the street and start asking folks. Forget modelmayhem, without a decent port you're a nobody.  Even models that work for pay would be hesitant unless they are desperate.  Last thing any woman wants is a bunch of unprofessional photos hanging around somewhere.  A camera and photoshop do not a photographer make. 

Your naïveté is initially entertaining though. I'd really like to watch you try.

Oh I'll just use some pro shots from off the internet for my portfolio they'll be none the wiser  ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »
Again, how exactly are you going to advertise your services if you speak or write no Russian.  And secondly how will you communicate to them when actually taking their photos, giving directions/instructions.  This seems beyond far fetched.  Clearly you haven't thought things through, you just fancied yourself a modern Playboy photog who tried to get women sneakily.

In the meantime, I had a lovely long Skype chat with a fine lady from central Russia today.  May I ask when you last had such a chat?

I'll just use Google translate, together with any English the girl may know we'll cobble something together :D

Lovely long chats can be two a penny with FSW there are many pleasant women to talk to. It counts for little, you'll only find out when you meet in person if there is natural chemistry - so it can be a big waste of time spending lots of time chatting to women beforehand. I find it also tends to lock you in to seeing just that girl somewhat.

Offline BC

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »
Oh I'll just use some pro shots from off the internet for my portfolio they'll be none the wiser  ;D

More naïveté... oldest, stalest, trick in the book. I arranged and managed hundreds of shoots per year for a model in 10 or so different countries over a three year period. Using google image search, checking exif data are some of the first skills learned and taught. Fake profiles and portfolios are easily spotted.  Any decent photographer will have a website to show off and usually be listed on modelmayhem and other sites, showing their work and listing models they have worked with in the past.  Have telephone numbers of 10 or so models handy so your new 'find' can call to make sure all is legit.  Tell ya what.. try to set up a photographer profile at modelmayhem, put up your 'portfolio' and book a couple shoots. Good luck.  You can even do this at home.

Really, it's much harder to do than dreaming up some fantasy.  Aside from all this, any girl you meet this way will find out it's all a farce one way or another.  Good way to start a relationship eh?  Is also fraud that can get you in trouble in many places.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2017, 06:15:04 PM »
I'll just use Google translate, together with any English the girl may know we'll cobble something together :D

Lovely long chats can be two a penny with FSW there are many pleasant women to talk to. It counts for little, you'll only find out when you meet in person if there is natural chemistry - so it can be a big waste of time spending lots of time chatting to women beforehand. I find it also tends to lock you in to seeing just that girl somewhat.

you don't seem to be having much luck with that. you aren't even connecting with girls online let alone having anyone interested in Skyping with you.

I didn't say to just talk to one girl.  You can talk to as many as you want.  But if you can't even convince someone to have a quick chat via video what makes you think they'll want to actually meet you in person once you are there.  You know FSU girls can be flakey as hell.  I've had Russian women friends, mind you not strangers but actual friends I've met tell me they are free tomorrow and then change their mind on a whim.  A stranger may not even give you the courtesy of telling you, they'll just not show up.

How many new girls have you talked to in, oh say the past 2 months?  I mean not just message but start building an online friendship leading to meeting in person.  I bet it's not too many.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
you don't seem to be having much luck with that. you aren't even connecting with girls online let alone having anyone interested in Skyping with you.

I didn't say to just talk to one girl.  You can talk to as many as you want.  But if you can't even convince someone to have a quick chat via video what makes you think they'll want to actually meet you in person once you are there.  You know FSU girls can be flakey as hell.  I've had Russian women friends, mind you not strangers but actual friends I've met tell me they are free tomorrow and then change their mind on a whim.  A stranger may not even give you the courtesy of telling you, they'll just not show up.

How many new girls have you talked to in, oh say the past 2 months?  I mean not just message but start building an online friendship leading to meeting in person.  I bet it's not too many.

I've made 3 journeys in the past to meet 3 FSU in Ukraine. Each one showed up, two of them I got on well with, one decided to leave it at the first meeting. I can get then to turn up that is not the problem, I can get many women to video chat with me on Skype that is not the problem and I can get many to message me, again not a problem. Now while I like a good chat here & there I don't want to spend a lot of time talking to the wrong girl. Literally it can sick up a lot of time if you add together all the Skype & messaging. I do not message women for long lengths of time likely. I only do so if I think they have potential.

You ask how many women I have communicated with in the past two months? I have communicated with zero women. I am too far out to start communicating with women I am looking at going to the FSU in late March/early April. For meet many this will mean messaging some of then a week beforehand to get some meets lined up for when I get there. That's the way I'm going to play it this time to me it's learning from and building off stuff I've picked up on previous attempts. I am confident this time that doing this will play well :)

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:47 PM »
I am reminded of the quote "Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result."

At this stage you shouldn't be meeting only 1 girl per trip.  You need to meet as many as you can.  And your logic of not wasting time with the "wrong" girl is misguided.  How exactly do you know she is wrong if you aren't even talking to anyone. 

Perhaps it would be wise to have some self-introspection.  Are there any redeeming qualities that you present that would pursuade a woman from the FSU to move to your country?  You're just another foreigner to them.  Sure some are looking for their ticket outta their situation but then as you say, as soon as they get to the UK they'll have plenty of opportunity to dump you and find a better guy.

Will be interested to see what happens on your trip.  I wish you the best but I expect a crash and burn.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:03 PM »
I am reminded of the quote "Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result."

At this stage you shouldn't be meeting only 1 girl per trip.  You need to meet as many as you can.  And your logic of not wasting time with the "wrong" girl is misguided.  How exactly do you know she is wrong if you aren't even talking to anyone. 

Perhaps it would be wise to have some self-introspection.  Are there any redeeming qualities that you present that would pursuade a woman from the FSU to move to your country?  You're just another foreigner to them.  Sure some are looking for their ticket outta their situation but then as you say, as soon as they get to the UK they'll have plenty of opportunity to dump you and find a better guy.

Will be interested to see what happens on your trip.  I wish you the best but I expect a crash and burn.

I was using a visit one strategy when I started my search two years ago. I had no real experience of the FSU dating scene for WM. It did at least give me experience. I think though that a visit many strategy is the way to go and on that I see we are agreed.

AS some had said on here and there seems to be some evidence of, there are not that many guys that actually go to visit. I think if the FSU was nearer to the US this would perhaps be different. A few more guys from the UK are perhaps going than before but it is still seen as a bit of a far out thing to do here in some quarters. So I think many women are at first at least just happy a WM is interested in her. Other than that it really is down to finding a girl that is naturally into me I think. I've just got to be real sure she is into me before moving forward.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 10:38:15 PM »
So I think many women are at first at least just happy a WM is interested in her. Other than that it really is down to finding a girl that is naturally into me I think. I've just got to be real sure she is into me before moving forward.

You got it backwards man.  You want the girl to be into you and do all the work?! What attributes as a man do you have that is attractive to her?  She'll be into you if you have something to offer.

This is the question you need to ask yourself.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »
I've just got to be real sure she is into me before moving forward.

Trench, what fine qualities do you think you possess that will make women get "into you"? A lot of men are going to live very lonely lives. If you are currently having trouble attracting and keeping women, you need to make some changes or you're going to have to get used to loneliness.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 02:03:52 AM »
If you are currently having trouble attracting and keeping women, you need to make some changes or you're going to have to get used to loneliness.

Not necessarily Billy. I know plenty of university-educated Filipino women who will be more than happy to start a family with Trench and look after the family and Trench's needs IF he is able to take care of her and provide for her and her family members all the necessities (a new hut? a new scooter perhaps? sibling support? university fee support? 8)).

And as long as you do not fail as a provider to the low-maintenance girl, she'll "protect" you and remain loyal to you till the very end. Doesn't matter if you're 60 years old, balding or in a wheelchair even, she'll make sure you get the amazing cooking,  :-* sex etc :P.

The Filipino wife of my Malaysian uncle started off being a maid in the household, cleaning his house 7 days a week for an annual salary of USD 2000 in order to support her family back in the Philippines. Go figure! :popcorn: IMO that's one of the reasons my mother absolutely refused to hire a maid (though they were quite affordable in Malaysia)  :rolleyes:, especially the Filipino ones who've inadvertently become infamous for being "husband stealers".

Now I'm not saying all Filipino women are like that. Just simply wanted to share what I've seen is possible with my own eyes.

Over there, loyalty can be bought...I mean earned  ;) There is a reason why the Marcos remain so popular and Ferdinand Marcos remains a sortof popular national hero in the Philippines amidst all the past corruption scandals. You build a bridge, and you have secured their loyalty.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:19:43 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline msmob

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 03:19:56 AM »
I was using a visit one strategy when I started my search two years ago. I had no real experience of the FSU dating scene for WM. It did at least give me experience. I think though that a visit many strategy is the way to go and on that I see we are agreed.

With your misogynist attitude - neither version will work for you - period

AS some had said on here and there seems to be some evidence of, there are not that many guys that actually go to visit. I think if the FSU was nearer to the US this would perhaps be different. A few more guys from the UK are perhaps going than before but it is still seen as a bit of a far out thing to do here in some quarters. So I think many women are at first at least just happy a WM is interested in her. Other than that it really is down to finding a girl that is naturally into me I think. I've just got to be real sure she is into me before moving forward.

As FSU W KEEP telling you - you don't have a 'scoobie do' about what they think.  Having a long list of internet 'men friends' is NOT what a serious lady seeks.

Personally, I think far fewer UK may be going - that's based on my going there - A LOT more than you and who I see on the planes

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2196
Total: 2205

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM