It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Belarus - transiting - but arriving from RUSSIA - by plane  (Read 19037 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Belarus - transiting - but arriving from RUSSIA - by plane
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 12:51:32 AM »
ok, noted...
not that I care if you find it humorous or not, but it's noted.
201x the decade everyone gets offended by everything...all the time. I find that very offensive

I didn't post that I was offended.   I just find it odd that people who supposedly have an interest in the FSU would find gulags a source of humour.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Belarus - transiting - but arriving from RUSSIA - by plane - update
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »
Lest anyone would wish to try what I did - a word of caution:

Something is defo going down re Belarus allowing the 5-day Visa and the 'risk' of a foreigner simply driving into Russia ...   

From the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advisory site:

" If you’re travelling immediately from/to a Russian airport or entering Belarus at any other border point other than Minsk International Airport then this visa-free arrangement doesn’t apply and you’ll need a visa. "

From the BL govt site:

"Type B visa ( Transit)

transit visa through the territory of Belarus (e.g. the UK — Belarus — Russia). Please note that entry to Belarus from one country and returning to the same country from Belarus without going to a third country is not a transit (e.g. the UK — Belarus — the UK).

The visa-free regime does not apply to people arriving to Belarus by plane from Russia and planning to go to the airports of Russia (these are internal flights with no border control)."

http://uk.mfa.gov.by/en/consular_issues/visas/

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 10:23:04 PM »
Lest anyone would wish to try what I did - a word of caution:

Something is defo going down re Belarus allowing the 5-day Visa and the 'risk' of a foreigner simply driving into Russia ...   

From the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advisory site:

" If you’re travelling immediately from/to a Russian airport or entering Belarus at any other border point other than Minsk International Airport then this visa-free arrangement doesn’t apply and you’ll need a visa. "

From the BL govt site:

"Type B visa ( Transit)

transit visa through the territory of Belarus (e.g. the UK — Belarus — Russia). Please note that entry to Belarus from one country and returning to the same country from Belarus without going to a third country is not a transit (e.g. the UK — Belarus — the UK).

The visa-free regime does not apply to people arriving to Belarus by plane from Russia and planning to go to the airports of Russia (these are internal flights with no border control)."

http://uk.mfa.gov.by/en/consular_issues/visas/

This has been discussed in Trip Advisor 'Belarus forum' since earlier this year. And you say something is 'def going down'?
5 day visa is for anyone coming/leaving Belarus from any country OTHER than Russia AND only landing in Minsk airport. Been this way all year!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 01:57:02 AM »
This has been discussed in Trip Advisor 'Belarus forum' since earlier this year. And you say something is 'def going down'?
5 day visa is for anyone coming/leaving Belarus from any country OTHER than Russia AND only landing in Minsk airport. Been this way all year!!!

Ah, says the man who knows it all - but keeps it to himself ( Temp changes in RU visa registration - during sporting events ) ..

*I* did the research, thanks and BELARUS' airline (Belavia)  and the BY Visa folks confirmed I could do as I did - before I booked ...

It is clear that BY was happy to accommodate the 13 passengers transiting and we all noted the exasperation that Russia had removed our Migration slips.

There is defo a rift between Moscow and Minsk over this - which I'm guessing is Minsk's 5-day Visa regime and the risk of folks tipping up in Russia without the appropriate Visa.

Offline southernX

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 07:19:36 PM »
not sure id class minsk airport as truly international  :D

given the operating procedures and transit style it is somewhat lacking imo

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
not sure id class minsk airport as truly international  :D

given the operating procedures and transit style it is somewhat lacking imo

SX

Any airport that has arrivals and departures from any other country is de facto an international airport.

Now . . . are they all up to general international standards?  Definitely not!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LAman

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 11:13:21 AM »
Any airport that has arrivals and departures from any other country is de facto an international airport.

Can standards be accomplished when traffic is up 70%...... scurrying to keep up I think!!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »
Once again, the issue is how Minsk and Moscow perceive the flights between the nations

Minsk believes these flts are DOMESTIC - as they are part of a 'union' ...   

Not having flown from Minsk to Moscow, I cannot be sure - but having been stamped out - I'm pretty sure THEY think I'm an international passenger

Having gone the other way - Belarus treats arrivals as DOMESTIC....  I could have simply picked up a taxi to Minsk - No passport control..

BIZARRE

Offline LAman

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »
Once again, the issue is how Minsk and Moscow perceive the flights between the nations

Not having flown from Minsk to Moscow, I cannot be sure - but having been stamped out - I'm pretty sure THEY think I'm an international passenger

Having gone the other way - Belarus treats arrivals as DOMESTIC....  I could have simply picked up a taxi to Minsk - No passport control..

BIZARRE

I must say it is much smoother going from Mink to Moscow.....it is a international-international connection.

Offline Strider

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
So, if I were to fly from Moscow to Minsk, I could then take a train to Poland or Lithuania without needing a Belarusian visa?

BIZARRE
"It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth!"
-Fiodor Michajłowicz Dostojewski

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »
BIZARRE

When you arrive in Minsk from a non-Russian city, you go to a special transit area where they will give you a migration card and stamp your passport before proceeding to Russia.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:24:47 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
So, if I were to fly from Moscow to Minsk, I could then take a train to Poland or Lithuania without needing a Belarusian visa?

Trains are stopped at the border before leaving Belarus to check/stamp passports. Without a Belorussian visa you might be in big trouble.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline southernX

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:21 PM »

;)  yes one does realise that fact ...hence why i said ''truly ''international !!

it is in name and function , but sure has long way to go compared with others for service and layout as well as style of disembarkation etc

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Terryrnz

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 10:08:22 AM »
I flew to Minsk from Moscow going to Kyiv there was 2 hour stop over I walked straight out of the front of the airport for a cigarette with no checks hung around out front and went for a walk for a bit and then went through passport control fine to get my next flight with no Belarus visa. I just assumed you didn't need one if you have a Russian visa.

Offline msmob

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »
I flew to Minsk from Moscow going to Kyiv there was 2 hour stop over I walked straight out of the front of the airport for a cigarette with no checks hung around out front and went for a walk for a bit and then went through passport control fine to get my next flight with no Belarus visa. I just assumed you didn't need one if you have a Russian visa.

That USED to be the case, but on exiting RU ( by air ) they stamp your passport as exiting RU and remove the  'joint immigration slip' 

This was in response to BL offering 5 day visas at the airport and the Russians being scared that one can now enter Russia by road - without a visa

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1864
Total: 1875

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM