It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439401 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
I'd keep eyes out for Connecticut and Oklahoma as possible upcoming hotspots.

BC-

Why do you think Oklahoma is? Methinks after the current hot states, including Connecticut, that Georgia could be one to flare up (off the current <10K threshold).
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
GQ,

Just a hunch looking at the slope of their infection curve and testing.  You're right, Georgia could also be a future candidate.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
True.  If you never touch the petrol pump, never touch doors or other surfaces of toilets, don't go to stores for snacks or such, don't touch any other object between your home and your destination that is not touched by anyone else...

Stay home.

I need to fill up my car anyway to go shop for food at home and also travel to work as I'm a key worker. So the risks are just the same.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

I'm a key worker.

Oh.. you have a lock on your front door.  Right-left, left-right... sounds complex :)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
I need to fill up my car anyway to go shop for food at home and also travel to work as I'm a key worker. So the risks are just the same.

You need to refuel more often.  You visit more places than you'd normally visit if you kept travel to an absolute minimum.

No, the risk is not the same.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
attaching fireworks or model rocket engines to arrows and shooting them at night...
just aim at the target, 2nd person lights the fuse, when the fuse is about a half inch from "going off" then you shoot it at the target...
lots of wholesome fun for the whole family!
here in the Corona Capital of the Planet, Ameri-K-A yo homeboyZ
I am an apocalypse gangsta now

straight-up bad-ass MFer
victor of two fights, thus far, 2-0 baby!!!

hence my new moniker, "Dvanosh Grozny"

if I sent you a picture of how I dress for the road, with my bio-hazard punk look
BO would get a sexual rush, if she saw it, and so would PitBuill

I am the kind of man now, that women WANT to be dominated by!!!
BUT!!!
I don't care about women anymore...
life is ALWAYS ironic...

like I used to have a cousin that when he was under 21, was a well known fashion photographer in Paris...
on any given week, he would photograph 3-4 naked or semi naked women who were "10 star"
and he was freaakin  GAY!!!
what a freaking waste!!!
another example of irony...

there's so much irony in the world
that I think belief in God, would just be ironic...

maybe god, is just the creative force in the world...
that when you're a little kid, planting bean seeds in a cup of soil...
the thing that made the seeds sprout up, could be called God
you could have some small faith in this God...
when you waited for them to sprout

but if the creative force is polarized
then it's opposite exists
entropy, which ain't what it used to be
has swept over us like a rising tide

I go out once per week on "missions"
sometime I buy more ammo, for my barter pile
or raw materials at the hardware store

my daughters and I just started building a fort/bunker in the forest behind my house

in the summer, if the virus gets to a low level
then I am planning on replacing the roof on my house, with a fire-proof one...
most likely ceramic tile, and install sprinkler systems, in the attics and in first and second floors
I am also planning on doing a roof-top photovoltaic installation that will charge 8 deep cycle 12V marine batteries
this will give me completely silent electric power without requiring generator fuel

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 07:04:12 PM by krimster2 »

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
krimster2, you are :D ...

Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

Insanus sum, ergo non sum...
I never knew the apocalypse was gonna be this MUCH fun...
BUT...
just wait, about 2 more years!!!
OMG!! if I'm still alive, it will be the most bitchin time in history!!!!
and I AM READY!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 07:12:43 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10

Played golf today with social distancing and a variety of mitigation measures.  I felt safe given that one playing partner is an ER physician and another is a chiropractor.   

Talked from 6 feet with the ER doc.  His hospital is not crowded.  The usual borderline patients are staying home rather than coming in and complaining about mystery pains or anxiety.  Evidently they fear encountering people with the "virus."

Instead just people will serious illnesses or injuries seek help. He much prefers that type of work.   

I asked him if he was taking HCQ.  No...because its not available.   

Offline Gator

6 Degrees of Separation

Boris Johnson being moved to the ICU hits home about this disease and brings it into focus. 

2 Degrees of Separation

So does something else. One golfing friend's  son-in-law is in the local hospital with COVID-19 and not doing well.  Difficult breathing, 103 fever. The SIL and daughter went to NYC on March 14 to celebrate his birthday.  Stupid, even if the trip was planned long time ago.  Now the daughter and their two children test positive.

1 Degree of Separation

The wife of my New York partner died two days ago from COVID-19.  She had become frail over the past couple of years.   

Offline fathertime

Talk radio was afire today with two main themes. 

1.  Blame China
2.  Get back to work! 

I kept on hearing how great we are here in the USA, and what a good job we are doing.  Fedex driver today told me more businesses are closing and less people around the businesses that are open, which is contrary to what Trump seems to be touting which is we need to get back to work.   

Had to hit Home Depot yesterday and today.  Yesterday cashiers were not wearing masks, today they were.  Still seemed voluntary as the wood cutter wasn't wearing a mask although most employees were.

Many people seem resigned that the shutdown is going to last a long time.  My impression is that things are going to start opening May 1.  The show will go on, there will be less activity and earlier deaths will just become a way of life as life itself becomes more dangerous. 
Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Could China have really beaten the virus so quickly, within three months?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52208591

They are apparently lifting their lockdown in Wuhan. Would seem strange to do this if there wasn't truth to it perhaps.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

Why so surprised.?.. an authoritarian state controlled movement and there were few, if any IDIOTS( like you) running around  infecting folk in other areas 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Why so surprised.?.. an authoritarian state controlled movement and there were few, if any IDIOTS( like you) running around  infecting folk in other areas

A land without IDIOTS like me??? Hard to imagine!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Meanwhile, things are getting dire in Italy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-52205159/coronavirus-the-italians-struggling-to-feed-their-families

Only one month or so in so far, they may not last.

Offline BC

Bullshit previsions of death and destruction again from Trench..  folks are not dead from starvation yet, still far from that.

Provisions have been made give out 400 million EUR in foodstamps to those that need it and don't already receive them.  Discretion who receives these funds is at the local level with few if any restrictions.

Others like myself also continue to donate food to those that need it.  I'll be making a donation again this week to help a few families get through the crisis. In addition, we'll likely give away the 1200 EUR that the Italian .gov is giving our family as our business is not affected that much.

The same thing is being done in many countries, even in the US and UK.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-10m-scheme-to-deliver-10000-food-parcels-to-needy-every-week-in-northern-ireland-39104629.html

You are a very selfish and sick man even without the virus Trench. Help a needy neighbour instead of puffing up your ego on the backs of those in need.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
In addition, we'll likely give away the 1200 EUR that the Italian .gov is giving our family as our business is not affected that much.

Great! Can I have it? :D

Offline BC

Great! Can I have it? :D

Just like everything else we've donated, t'll go to immigrants that for whatever reason don't qualify for other programs, here legally or not, mostly from Muslim countries just to piss you off.

Online krimster2

first of all, if Trumpty Dumpty is promoting something, then immediately anyone with an IQ above 100, should automatically know that it's pure BS...
think "Trump University"
secondly, people with lupus take HCQ EVERY DAY, and they still get Corona like everyone else...
ok now?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 06:06:17 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

Could China have really beaten the virus so quickly, within three months?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52208591

They are apparently lifting their lockdown in Wuhan. Would seem strange to do this if there wasn't truth to it perhaps.

I buy parts out of China on Ebay. They aren't selling even half as many parts as they used to on Ebay. China likes to report good news. Don't expect them to report the ongoing bad news.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

China's 2.5 -3 month 'experience' might well be what we end up with here before loosening up a bit.  Seems China is also using some kind of tracking app, so if someone lands in the hospital all close contacts can be notified and quarantined/tested.  Italy also has a tracking app available but it is not mandatory - yet.  Likely will be when wider testing starts and restrictions loosen up.

Testing likely to be in phases, critical workers like hospital staff/police/officials essential workers followed by other less critical groups.  Guesstimate 6 months.  This would also help whenever a vaccine comes along as many may not need it right away as they are likely already immune.  We still don't know what part of the population had the bug without noticing so yeah, testing is the only way forward for now.

Offline Gator

China's 2.5 -3 month 'experience' might well be what we end up with here before loosening up a bit.

-  China welded shut entry doors to apartment buildings.  FACT, VERIFIED BY VIDEO

-  China forcibly entered flats and removed to parts unknown occupants with elevated body temperature.   FACT, VERIFIED BY VIDEO

-  China triage included placing some still alive individuals in body bags and dispatching to crematorium.  MULTIPLE YET UNVERIFIED REPORTS

Seems China is also using some kind of tracking app, so if someone lands in the hospital all close contacts can be notified and quarantined/tested. 

It could be part of a transition plan for returning to work. 

Testing likely to be in phases, critical workers like hospital staff/police/officials essential workers followed by other less critical groups.

Happening now in Florida.  Maybe why number of positive tests are less than 10%.  Elsewhere?

Offline msmob

What's 'interesting' is comparing other nations' attitudes to this as 'lock-down' hits ..

We are only just into 2 weeks of 'lockdown' and we STILL have MUPPETS like Trench that think they are 'special' and abuse the trust the UK govt put in us to 'socially distance'  and STAY AT HOME..

In Russia, Moscow's mayor was the first to order foreigners from certain nations to be quarantined or ( if Russian ) go to their end destination and self-isolate.

'Our' region ( Krasnodar)  introduced one of the strictest regimes to stop the Trench types from thinking no work meant 'holiday time' and closed all hotels ( to new guests ) , restaurants and non essential shops

I was surprised at the anger shown to Putin - given this made sense to save lives ..

Now I 'get it'..

Russians have been told that all is fine ... We have a stability fund - so when the Oil Prices fell and the Rouble with it ...  'reassurances' were made..

Then 'Korona'( that was a symptom of 'European weakness' ) hit and folks were told to stay at home ..

The difference ?   No support packages ... Those with contracts with govts ... 'cancelled' ... many working for the govt are told, " work for two days a week - but your salary is reduced by 60 percent" and no paperwork issued to permit them to travel - even though many govt depts have issued documentation ... there is chaos

Sochi admin tells of 200 citations but people on Odnoklassniki  and FBook discuss visiting friends and meetings in the mountains and how to avoid police checks ...  :deadhorse:

While I talked with SC who was walking back from the shops - I observed two 'militsia' close together, surgical masks around their necks, smoking and in deep conversation. SC was sat on a bench outside the shop ( having done it ) and I asked her to get her arse back inside ..

I asked her today .. " How many people are wearing masks? " ... Hardly anyone - apart from govt officials ..

Trench is 'worried' about Italy and lack of govt funding ... I'm now kicking myself for not insisting SC came to Britain and stayed 'locked up' .. at least we have a gardens here ...

I'm wondering how some Russians will cope if they are ordered not to work, but get no help.

I have friends who assured me they'd be fine, that govt contracts could not be cancelled ... they can go to their Dacha and live off the land ..

I base my viewpoint on what I read  / hear /see via a lens when 'out' with SC ...  if others know different ..welcome.

Right now, Putin's popularity is at an time low..... Russians just want to get on and live ..not get involved in politics ... they do not trust their govt. who when the sh*t has hit the fan ... suddenly say .. you don't understand .... the 'stability fund' is not applicable in situations like this.

They see aid being sent to Serbia and Italy ( example) and wonder why the state tells them to STAY HOME and no provision  to ensure they are financially supported ...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
We are only just into 2 weeks of 'lockdown' and we STILL have MUPPETS like Trench that think they are 'special' and abuse the trust the UK govt put in us to 'socially distance'  and STAY AT HOME..

Moby,

Do you honestly think that our Trench hasn't been socially distancing/stay
at home for years? Now you think he's the chief ticket seller in the kissing
booth at the fair?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BC

Happening now in Florida.  Maybe why number of positive tests are less than 10%.  Elsewhere?

Very possible.  10k tests per day ain't that awful much though.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1967
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM