It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First Phone Conversation!  (Read 18003 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
First Phone Conversation!
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 11:50:01 AM »
And the headline on Pravda the next day was:  "Progess in Russia; Moscow Now Has Five Airports"

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 08:57:16 PM »

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Russia is far from a democracy and it doesn't take much to test you venerable air defense surrounding Moscow. Remember that English chap that landed his Cessna on the bridge less than a block from Red Square?
Firstly it is YOU (Westerns) who are crying NOW about us 'LOOSING" democracy under Putin. I guess you do think we had that democracy under Etczin. As for me I do know there was never democracy and never will be any close to one of western style. So it's better to stop your crying and leave us on our own.

Secondry with that guy.

It's was stupid "humanity" of our militaries who still remebered your howls about  "landing" Korean airplane. They have seen him but nobody want to take responsibility for shooting him. Well we can learn. Next time our hand will not tremble.

And besides your missiles for wich we build our defence don't fly such low like that airplane.

And watch yourselves:P I also do know never mind how much your military men ask money on your own missiles' defence you still HAVE NOT anything capable to protect you from our missiles:P:P:P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:34:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Frank

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2005, 10:38:19 PM »
Elen, I would not assume, if I were you,  that we do not have any way of protecting ourselves from your missiles. Also, don't assume those missiles don't fly low.  Being too complacent will get anyone in trouble. 

Calm down.....were not at war. 

There is a saying in the USA; "you don't miss what you never had"  You don't miss democracy because you've never had it.  It is that simple.
When in doubt, run!!!!!!!

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2005, 11:12:57 PM »
Elen, I would not assume, if I were you,  that we do not have any way of protecting ourselves from your missiles. 

I don't "assume" I do know you have not something that could protect you with 100% for sure.

Also, don't assume those missiles don't fly low. 

well may be you develped something new, but we didn't waste time too.
 Being too complacent will get anyone in trouble. 

It's an advice for Americans as well. As for us we are so-o-o complacent (and always have been) because we have much more little to lose than you - such rich fat Americans:P:D:D
Calm down.....were not at war. 

That's why now you are trying to place your military bases around our boards in former Soviet republic
There is a saying in the USA; "you don't miss what you never had"  You don't miss democracy because you've never had it.  It is that simple.

We have our saying as well - Не суйся со своим уставом в чужой монастырь.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2005, 11:59:39 PM »
Helen and the other,

Maybe i need make some correction... from a ex-military man :D

Yes, American have missile who flight very low and they are not new... the atomic version of the tomahawk... and russian have other model who flight low, a little more big ( 10 ton ) and fast ( mach 5 ) for compensate the problem of precision... the only problem, these missile have not a great range and need to be shoot from ship of submarine...

Yes, no one country is protect 100% againt a nuclear attack... they are enough balistic nuclear missile in these world for destroy our world several time... the idea of ballistic missile is not to use it... it only show the power... it is a dissuasive effect ( don't attack us with nuclear else we can ripost with the same power )...

No, American don't make base in the former republic of USSR... it is the NATO... NATO is a association of the army of several country... a perfect method for not fight together... and US is only one of the member... same now, Putin seem to have some interest in the NATO... maybe in some time, we go see US and Russia soldat fight side by side for stop some other war in the world...

Now, it exist a pact between russian and US for make a great diminution of the nuclear warheard... each country keep only a minimum for dissuasive power about other nuclear power in the world like Pakistan, India, France, Korea, ...

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2005, 06:09:34 AM »
The US is not a threat to Russia. Why talk about missiles?
The M.A.D. strategy is based on Mutually Assured Destruction.
Any country that attacks with nuclear missles is crazy and stupid.

I want the common Russian people to experience freedom,
not nuclear destruction.

How do we solve the problem of corruption?  -doug

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541377