It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tours and marriage agencies.  (Read 3338 times)

Offline retired_army_ranger

Tours and marriage agencies.
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:09 PM »
There is a guy in Odessa who went on 5 tours at about $3500.00 each.   He never found a woman that way.  He was in Odessa walking down a street and met a young lady.   That was one year ago.  They are still together running a MARRIAGE AGENCY.

I meet women in Odessa every day.  Some have registered on agency sites.  Most have not.  I have the advantage of being able to live here and that is a big help.  But, I have not met "gold diggers".  I've met some very nice hard working ladies from age 26 to 38.

I've looked at some of the agency sites and the women on most seem to be very beautiful, educated, and genuine.  Of course, perception can be wrong.

On any day, you can walk down the main streets of Odessa and see girls who could be models.  My advice, don't go to a marriage agency.  Just take a long vacation if you can afford it and live in one of these countries for about a month.  A one month vacation would cost about the same as one of those tours that suck money.

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 02:16:02 AM »
Hi Ranger

Well, I have done three tours at $ 3,500 each and did not meet my lady there either.  I have to admit I thought I did on all three but that was a fantasy.    Personally I think the tours have their place.   They are particularly good for someone who has never been there and is a little nervous about it. 

I think all people are different.    I think most people can find a good woman in the FSU but they may have different concepts that work for them.   Personally I have spent a lot of time wondering around the streets of various places in Russia.  I could do that for a lifetime and not meet a woman.  I think if you speak Russian and have ways of interacting that would work great.  I do think there are a lot of women there who would like a nice husband from elsewhere that do not go to socials and are not in the database of any agencies.

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 02:30:26 AM »
I've met lots of people who have done the tour thing and all are still single. I met my wife sitting in the trainstation with her mother. It aint like we're trying to build a space shuttle here,we're just trying to meet a nice girl that sees what a good person we were or are or want to be or whatever. I do know that there are many girls that show up for the social and have no intentions of leaving because they're making too much selling themselves. The good girls are the ones sitting in the back of the room not wearing the elf shoes. The good ones are the ones that rode the train 8 hours from her village,but because she isnt acting like she's inlove with some guy she'll never get a look. Wake up gentlemen and smell the borsht. I'm  saying to try and stay in you're league as well. There's plenty of great girls over there,but have the balls to walk up and say"hi how bout lets getting an ice cream at McDonalds" or "Hey I know this great coffee shop down the street lets hit it" or my personal favorite "do you speak English? I'm kinda lost can you help me find my way". I promise you want get walked away from near as much as you would in NYC. Thank you very much ladies and gentleman I'll be here all night. Dont for get to tip your waitress she's working hard for you.

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 05:11:50 AM »
Hi - my name is Dud from CMB.  Welcome to our tour.  We'll charge you three times more than you pay on your own, let you write girls who are on our website for five years or more having received hundreds of letters (heck, they have been married for four years eleven months but they never notified us).  We have other affiliate agencies who post alot of our photos for us, we never check them out.  We never check them out to see if they are real (why stop a cash cow?) - and those agencies even provide the letters for you guys.  Is that not a great deal or what??   An speaking of the tours - we have announcements with every affiliate who can get a girl off the street to see you guys either by hook or crook, we also advertise in every local paper.  Girls get all the free champagne, salami and cheese sandwitches, and you know...........the stuff only the Russians will eat.  How could they not show up. The pros, nah, we screen them out, but heck we don't mind if they are lookers.  All lookers are welcome, they are good for the photos the next batch of guys have to see.  The girls who come every time we have a social in town, use you guys for partying and meals after the social - why they are fine too.   The best thing is when we come to town and throw a social, we count the girl as coming into the social no matter how many times she goes in the door.  One time we had 55 girls, but they kept on coming in and out, so we ended up counting 250 girls that night at our social.  Still, its a great thing for you guys - with all the peer pressure and competition amongst you guys, half of you get to file a fiance visa through our low cost attorney, after meeting her for a total of four days.  Every tour a few of the guys end up doing a fiance visa with one of our lobby girls that our affiliate hotel so happily provides.  Its that  easy.   I have heard some of our couples have lasted - yep, stranger things have happened.  Oh, we have to move our act to newer and smaller cities - you know that once word gets out with all those church ladies and city tax collectors wanting a piece of our business.  OK, this is Dud, signing off..................

Seriously, for a guy who has never been over to the FSU and has plenty of spare change, tours get them into the water.  Once in the water the guy will learn to swim on his own.  Then the guy will go on his own, work with a guide / interpreter, use a full service agency with a track record, or a legitimate agency to provide him with whatever a-la-carte services he needs. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 09:28:52 AM »
damn Dud, it's not real? And I was about to sign up!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541397
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701