It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Serious talk-too good to be true?  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Serious talk-too good to be true?
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2021, 10:37:14 AM »
The law is that a child must support an aged parent.  It doesn't matter if the parent failed to pay child support, although if a child challenged the obligation to support an absent parent, I suppose that would be a factor in any decision.  The way to get around the law is to terminate parental rights before the parent is aged.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »
The same in France.
And now, with the price for the medical centers for the elderly, a tsunami is on the way.
The average pension should be around €1200.
Public medical centers are full, and private ones cost between €2500 and €4000.So when all your assets have been swallowed by the private medical center, yours children have to answer.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2021, 04:23:36 PM »
I don't understand how a child can be legally obligated to support somebody
that they didn't create and was born before they were born, but I know very
little about foreign constitutions.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2021, 06:14:40 PM »
Didn't most people, at some time, support their families, including the elderly?  Don't we owe an obligation to those who loved, provided for, and raised us? 

The laws are not typically required, just as laws to not abuse your children are not required for the vast majority of parents. 

On another note, elderly abuse is a very real thing now - financial, emotional, and/or physical abuse.  Sometimes, all three.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2021, 11:17:13 PM »
Didn't most people, at some time, support their families, including the elderly?  Don't we owe an obligation to those who loved, provided for, and raised us? 

Let me clarify regarding my comment, it was about being forced into supporting
a dead beat Dad or someone like that. If you have real parents then of course
you should help take care of them when they are elderly.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2021, 01:20:02 AM »
I agree. In western society, it seems this has become a burden when it should be an act of love.

On another note, elderly abuse is a very real thing now - financial, emotional, and/or physical abuse.  Sometimes, all three.
I would say putting your elderly parents into care homes is a form of abuse, too.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2021, 06:37:38 AM »

I would say putting your elderly parents into care homes is a form of abuse, too.
Which makes it even more interesting that with the pandemic people complain about being unable to visit their parents.... tht they never visited anyway.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2021, 08:16:44 AM »
Nursing home can be more expensive than many families can afford.  As I understand it, parents would probably pay until their savings are exhausted.  Then they are not allowed to take parents home for not paying.  At that point parents would stay in nursing home with nothing being paid.  As such, why would children pay and go bankrupt also?

Offline Shadow

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2021, 10:50:01 AM »
Nursing home can be more expensive than many families can afford.  As I understand it, parents would probably pay until their savings are exhausted.  Then they are not allowed to take parents home for not paying.  At that point parents would stay in nursing home with nothing being paid.  As such, why would children pay and go bankrupt also?
Unsure how in the US. In the Netherlands there is only a difference in level of service. Those who have savings get a better apartment and some extra amenities. Once savings run out, service is to standard level. Basics are paid by the health insurance.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1888
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM