It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: For your own protection, DO NOT do business with "Cindy Agency"  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Rattlehead

• "I love the smell of napalm in the morning..."
For your own protection, DO NOT do business with "Cindy Agency"
« on: December 03, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
This agency which also rents apartments through the name "Cindy Agency" and through "My Stay," and which also operates an English school called "ABC School" does not use ethical business practices.  I've been a client of theirs since summer of 2007 when I wrote to some girls, then I rented an apartment from them for a week and paid for meetings with several of their girls that autumn.  Then in summer of 2008 I rented several of their apartments for up to a month each at daily rates.  Once they rented one out from under me because I took 5 or ten minutes more to get to their office than I originally said I would because I had to go to a different ATM than I planned to.  Because of this they rented the apartment I reserved during those 5 or 10 minutes to someone else who called on the phone.  This after I had already rented several of their apartments and never reneged on a deal or failed to pay.

This year I've rented one of their apartments from February through October (at a monthly rate), and none of their promises and guarantees have been delivered on.  I've been charged more than my Ukrainian neighbor who rents an identical apartment from them, and I've been repeatedly lied to, and disrespected because I expect things to work in a building which is a mere 3 years old and which I paid waaay too much to rent in.  If anyone wants to know more details, please PM me, or if people think I should post a more detailed account, let me know and I will when I have the time.
"Someday a real rain will come..."

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: For your own protection, DO NOT do business with "Cindy Agency"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
Rattlehead,

I have rented apartments from Cindy with no problems. 

Exactly how much extra rent do you think you paid?

BTW, how did it go with Cindy UW?

My first reaction is that you would feel better if you had some cheese with your "whine."  I say that because none of what you claimed would surprise me.  I believe you, yet it is the nature of business in Ukraine, and in fact not as bad as most.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »
I second gators thoughts, 
 and while it was many years ago-
I've also rented flats from Cindy with no problems what so ever.The owners
have helped me and my (now ex) wives family , in the past on several occasions,
at a very reasonable fee, or  no charge at all.Always were great to us.

I suppose as with all things ,especially in Ukraine,
"your personal mileage may vary"

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:21:52 AM »
Have had similar happen at a very good hotel on a busy night, no where near FSU.

Walked in after 6pm and room was gone.. my bad - did not call ahead to let them know I was running late.

Sometimes when checking out I'll hear the amount the folks in front of me paid..  I now try to negotiate a bit more..

Learning experiences.

Just throwing some contrast in this pot.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
 I've used an American owned Apartment rental company when I was in Kiev multiple times. I've had very little problems with the service or apartment. The apartment manager Alex, a Ukrianian man, told me that he first thought the American owners were crazy years ago when they told him "If you give the customers good service and a good product, they will come back".  He now believes them. He's used to FSU businesses trying to get what they can out of the customer and giving minimal in return. He's also used to customers not coming back until he worked for the Americans.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:32:41 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541544
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1330
Most Online Ever: 12701