It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are American Men whipped?  (Read 28402 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Are American Men whipped?
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2021, 08:50:41 PM »
I would say that I am (or have been) pussy whipped.

I have made many decisions my entire life since puberty based on some  consideration of pussy.

Without that distraction . . . "I couda bin a contender."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2021, 10:01:23 AM »
Judiasm has 613 commandments. Among the first 10 is "Thou shalt not kill".

Killing a defenseless baby in the womb is murder whether it is a crime or not. It would be no different than beheading  or sticking a knife into the chest of a handcuffed man IMO

Judaism has 613 mitvot.  Feticide is not among them. 

As BC noted, in Judaism, a fetus is not a person.  Murdering a fetus is not a sin.  It's not a mitzvah.  A child must be born, or have its head crowning, to be considered a person in Judaism.

In Islam, abortion is permitted until 120 days.  That is because their belief is that a soul is introduced into an unborn child at 120 days.  Before that, abortion is acceptable.

Even Christianity's view on when life begins has been a moving target -

http://rewirenewsgroup.com/religion-dispatches/2019/09/27/when-the-biblical-view-for-evangelicals-was-that-life-begins-at-birth/

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/time-for-a-rational-debate-on-when-human-life-begins-1.997586
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:10:30 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2021, 04:11:03 AM »
Judaism has 613 mitvot.  Feticide is not among them. 

As BC noted, in Judaism, a fetus is not a person.  Murdering a fetus is not a sin.  It's not a mitzvah.  A child must be born, or have its head crowning, to be considered a person in Judaism.

In Islam, abortion is permitted until 120 days.  That is because their belief is that a soul is introduced into an unborn child at 120 days.  Before that, abortion is acceptable.

Even Christianity's view on when life begins has been a moving target -

http://rewirenewsgroup.com/religion-dispatches/2019/09/27/when-the-biblical-view-for-evangelicals-was-that-life-begins-at-birth/

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/time-for-a-rational-debate-on-when-human-life-begins-1.997586

When various rabbis, imans or preachers proclaim when life has begun means literally "dick". The Lord thy God has stated "Thou shalt not kill". I didn't make that up. Now if you believe killing a defenseless baby in the womb is acceptable perhaps you should take it up with him?

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2021, 05:38:52 AM »
Now if you believe killing a defenseless baby in the womb is acceptable perhaps you should take it up with him?

Isn't that exactly part of which Roe v Wade provides?  The Constitutional protection of a right to privacy for a woman to make a choice?  If so, how can one argue otherwise or even call it killing, or murder and such with any authority?

If one chooses to believe in God, or Allah, or other deity, the very first rule that applies is that we mortals are not God, and yes, that applies to rabbis, imams and preachers as well.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2021, 08:31:25 AM »
Roe v Wade still astounds me how a 'domestic' issue became such a grand Constitutional, highly politically-charged ruling that is still being debated today.

Americans are just simply nutcases. This issue is 'almost' as hotly contested as when will Tom Brady retire?

Anyway, the SCOTUS had set a date for oral arguments for a Mississippi abortion case, in which the case directly asked the court to overturn RvW.

I will remind everyone, the current court consists of 6-3 on conservative leaning. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 08:43:49 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2021, 09:30:31 AM »
Indeed, GQ.

Battle of the righteous, on both sides attempting to enforce a deeply personal issue they are not directly involved in.

I do trust SCOTUS will be able to leave partisanship and personal views behind and provide answers that are according to laws, precedent, and our Constitution.  I also hope they will provide a decision with closure that puts the issue behind us and not simply punt the issue forward.  They have a lot to grapple with.

IMO when it comes to our Constitutional rights and freedoms, can't have each state dickering with them, trying to make end runs around the Constitution.  Nor can SCOTUS allow such.

I am also amazed how the United States, the first explicitly secular nation, remains so religiously polarized and encumbered with such political fervor, attempting to impose thy will on mine.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2021, 09:51:09 AM »
When various rabbis, imans or preachers proclaim when life has begun means literally "dick". The Lord thy God has stated "Thou shalt not kill". I didn't make that up. Now if you believe killing a defenseless baby in the womb is acceptable perhaps you should take it up with him?

We aren't discussing what the Lord stated, and in any event, I don't think any of us has a direct line to God.  What we are discussing is how various religions view abortion.  It is not cut and dried, as Bill suggested.

Don't assume you know my position (though I stated it above if you bothered to read).  It's obvious you don't.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2021, 10:22:44 AM »
I do trust SCOTUS will be able to leave partisanship and personal views behind and provide answers that are according to laws, precedent, and our Constitution.  I also hope they will provide a decision with closure that puts the issue behind us and not simply punt the issue forward.  They have a lot to grapple with.

Likely easier said than done. Justices are humans, too. Remember RBG's loud sentiment towards Donnie?

Anyway Justice Thomas commented about partisanship just yesterday, AAMOF. Saying the court could be the most dangerous branch of the government if politics corrupt its core (if it isn't already).

Methinks the fact judges are pick according to the ruling political POTUS, how can we really 'pretend' there isn't a shed of political influence within the court's decisions/ruling?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2021, 12:21:58 PM »
GQ,

Of course there will be leanings, whether personal, political or ideological within SCOTUS.  After reading quite a few decisions over the years, I've learned some of the legal logic behind decisions I don't like is quite correct. SCOTUS works in ways that can be sometimes surprising to us all, but conforms with the law, precedent and our Constitution.  Nothing is perfect, but pretty darn close. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2021, 12:38:52 PM »
Your Supreme Court is very politicized. 

Listen to a few podcasts.  This one is "lefty", but it's the way lawyers would talk to each other -

http://www.fivefourpod.com/

This one is more balanced. -

http://strict-scrutiny.simplecast.com/

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »
Isn't that exactly part of which Roe v Wade provides?  The Constitutional protection of a right to privacy for a woman to make a choice?  If so, how can one argue otherwise or even call it killing, or murder and such with any authority?

You are trying to equate legality with morality. They are not the same, you can
not equate the two. Here is a link to an introduction to ethics class. Lesson one
is that you can't do that.

http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialsciences/ppecorino/ethics_text/chapter_1_introduction/Ethics_and_Law.htm

If one chooses to believe in God, or Allah, or other deity, the very first rule that applies is that we mortals are not God, and yes, that applies to rabbis, imams and preachers as well.

You think that members of a relgion can't have rules, leaders or advisors unless
they are GOD? Or in direct consultation with GOD?

You and Boe want to have an abortion argument, I don't.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:11:04 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2021, 01:09:14 PM »
It is not cut and dried, as Bill suggested.

It is exactly cut and dried as I suggested. You read someplace that it isn't.
They twisted the words to mean something else. I posted a link to the exact
same thing and it was describing the punishment for accidentally killing a baby
before or after "it was formed" as being two different crimes but they were both
crimes nonetheless.

Judaism doesn't allow intentionally killing a baby except to save the life of the
mother. There is no exception for if the mother didn't want to get preggers
or if she wanted to look really good in her prom dress.

Having said that I am not desiring a debate on Abortion. I have a religious view
that it is forbidden and others don't share my view. They are entitled to their view
as am I.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2021, 01:33:45 PM »
Nope. At least two monotheistic religions don’t automatically view abortion as murder. Read my links. Christian denominations didn’t at different times either.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
Nope. At least two monotheistic religions don’t automatically view abortion as murder. Read my links. Christian denominations didn’t at different times either.

I read the Jewish one and they had it wrong. I explained that they mis-translated
or intentionally twisted what was said. It's a crime if the baby is not yet "formed"
it's a far greater crime if the baby is "formed". Your link tried to imply that unformed
means not a human yet and therefore allowed to be killed. 
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2021, 01:45:16 PM »
Read BC’s link as well.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »
Read BC’s link as well.

http://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/abortion

Thank you for the quote. They listed their source as Exodus 21.22-25

Lets actually read what was actually written in Exodus Exodus

21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or
two, since the slave is their property.
22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth
prematurely[e] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined
whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.

23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye,
tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for
wound, bruise for bruise.

Source
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2021&version=NIV

Most religions agree is that an abortion can take place to save the life of the
mother, and likewise most religions agree that a mother can't sacrifice her life
to save an unborn child.

Oholot 7:6 states that if a woman is having difficulty giving birth, the midwife
may dismember the fetus in utero in order to extract it to save the mother’s life.

NOWHERE Does it say that if the Mother would prefer not to have a baby can
she or somebody else hurt the baby.

If you actually want to learn the truth read this. If you want to read twisted
words and logic skip the link below.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/23256106
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:32:44 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline BC

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2021, 04:36:15 AM »

You are trying to equate legality with morality. They are not the same, you can
not equate the two. Here is a link to an introduction to ethics class. Lesson one
is that you can't do that.

http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialsciences/ppecorino/ethics_text/chapter_1_introduction/Ethics_and_Law.htm

Yet, your link lists the following as an example:

Things that are immoral (for many) but are not illegal.

Using abortion as a birth control measure.

In the case of abortion, the law has addressed it.  This forms the equivalence in the context being discussed here.

You think that members of a relgion can't have rules, leaders or advisors unless
they are GOD? Or in direct consultation with GOD?

This is the perfect example of what I stated above regarding injecting religion.  What I think?  I believe what many call God, among other names, is the mysterious order in universal chaos, and that many men, women, and everything in-between have taken it upon themselves to define this yet undefinable God, for their own benefit, goals, and power within society.  IOW, God is whatever you enjoy believing, were taught to believe; or not.

You and Boe want to have an abortion argument, I don't.

And you seem to want a religious one, subsequently linking it with abortion.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Are American Men whipped?
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2021, 06:29:49 AM »
And you seem to want a religious one, subsequently linking it with abortion.

NO, I don't. Yet I will not stand by while the two of you mischaracterize
various religion's rules, philosophies and dogma. I am not going to debate
whether one religion is right or wrong but I will argue what you say is their
historical writings and teachings, when you are wrong.

This is the perfect example of what I stated above regarding injecting religion. 

No, I didn't. I said that most religions are against abortion and that it would
not be unreasonable that many of their followers are against it too.

Then you and Boe go out and argue falsely that these various religions are not 
against it.

I am not arguing for a religion or against it. I am not arguing for abortion or against
it. I am arguing that All religions are against it and I am arguing that it would stand
to reason that many of the members of these religions would be against it also.

I have noted that Abortion is against my religion but I did not argue with you or
anyone else about the pro's or con's of abortion or whether you are right or wrong
for having an opinion or philosophy different than mine.

I will argue if you want to say that Judaism is for abortion or that it is not a crime
in their laws and teachings. That is arguing historical record not religion.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:32:05 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2021, 07:17:12 AM »
I have mischaracterized nothing.  In Judaism, a fetus is not a soul, and therefore, its destruction is not murder.  Period.  End of story.  No more argument.

In Islam, a fetus does not have a soul for 120 days.  Period.  End of story.  No more argument.

In Christianity, the characertization of a fetus has differed.  In the 19th century, Catholicism declared that life begins at conception.  Before that time, it had no position on when life began. Evangelicals came late to this, declaring a fetus is a "person" in the 1980's or so.

My point has always been that your declaration that all religions view abortion as murder is not true.  In some, it may be viewed as immoral, but it is not murder.

ETA -
But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life

The point is that a fetus is not a life.  It's not a life until the child is born, or is in the process of being born.  Until then, if it's a choice between the mother's life or the child's life, the former takes precedence.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 09:31:42 AM by Boethius »

Offline BC

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2021, 07:26:21 AM »
I am arguing that All religions are against it and I am arguing that it would stand
to reason that many of the members of these religions would be against it also.

And your absolute statement is where the problem lies, and discourse ends.  This is why many discussion forums do not encourage such debate, even RWD.

I suggest ending it here in this thread as well.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2021, 10:50:17 AM »
And your absolute statement is where the problem lies, and discourse ends.  This is why many discussion forums do not encourage such debate, even RWD.

I suggest ending it here in this thread as well.

I was happy to be done many moons ago.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2021, 11:01:37 AM »
I have mischaracterized nothing.  In Judaism, a fetus is not a soul, and therefore, its destruction is not murder.  Period.  End of story.  No more argument.

It is a crime regardless of age/formation/development. If the baby is formed it's
punishable by death. You are refuting a position not argued.

Never once did I claim that Judaism considers the fetus a soul. I said if you
accidentally kill it then it's a crime. The seriousness of the punishment for that
crime is determined by whether they consider it formed or not. I said it's also
a crime to intentionally kill it regardless of age/formation/development.

That's the facts Jack
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2021, 10:31:33 AM »
It is a crime regardless of age/formation/development. If the baby is formed it's punishable by death. You are refuting a position not argued.

Nope.

Never once did I claim that Judaism considers the fetus a soul. I said if you accidentally kill it then it's a crime. The seriousness of the punishment for that
crime is determined by whether they consider it formed or not. I said it's also a crime to intentionally kill it regardless of age/formation/development.

That's the facts Jack

No, those aren't the facts.

You stated that all religions view abortion as murder.  That is untrue in Judaism, and, to a degree, Islam.  It's not viewed as murder in Judaism unless the fetus is already a baby (already born), or its head is crowing (on the verge of being born). 

That was my only point.  The morality of abortion is a separate issue. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2021, 02:10:54 PM »
You stated that all religions view abortion as murder.

Most religions consider abortion as murdering a baby.

Do you want to go over every word? We can.

Do you want to go over the original source documents that I provided links for
rather than your links of liberals twisting the original words? 

FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2021, 02:46:34 PM »
Let's get off the abortion in this thread and back to the original heading.

Below is some evidence that AM are getting pussy whipped by MeToo.
Imagine what the FSU gal would think about this guy and his lack of action?
I read this to my FSU wife; she just laughed and shook her head in disbelief.

DEAR ABBY: I’m having trouble with feelings I probably shouldn’t  be having about someone. She’s always walking around in her underwear when I come over. I like it, of course, but I’m not sure if it is meant to tease me or if I should act on it. I’d really appreciate your help.—CONFUSED IN THE EAST

DEAR CONFUSED: A positive message of the #MeToo movement has been that when there is a shadow of a doubt, a person should communicate to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings. It would be appropriate to ask this woman why she walks around in a state of undress when you are there, because you are not sure how to interpret the message it sends. Do not act on anything unless her response is that it would be welcomed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM