It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ol' Boris is setting me up nicely  (Read 12821 times)

Offline elliott

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Ol' Boris is setting me up nicely
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »
I've read Turboguy's scam posts in the stickie, and I think i'm trading emails with a scammer, but I'm not certain about it.  Really, I'm the one stringing her/him along just so I can see what he/she is up to.  So far, this person has sent me 16 letters over the course of a few weeks, and none of them have anything in it about wanting help or money.  Also, the pics that I get sent are very conservative, but none of them have yet to be "real" in the sense that none are selfies and none are taken with a phone, none are random pics out-and-about; they're all staged in a park, alongside a creek, etc.

Point is, I thought a scammer would have asked for something by now and probably sent me a scantily clothed pic.  Isn't that what they usually do?  Or is Boris becoming more patient and evolved and really trying to set me up good?

One important thing to note, and I would very much appreciate some help on this part, is what she/he wrote a few letters ago.  She said the school where she works has just been closed because it doesn't meet new fire safety standards.  I figured that was the climax of the scam, but nope.  In letters following, I'm am thanked for being encouraging and she tells about all her friends who are supporting and encouraging her.  It almost sounds real.  She says she's in Verkhovazhye, which is in the northern part of Vologda Oblast.  Anybody with connections to that area that can confirm a recent school closure in Verkhovazhye due to non-compliance with fire code?
Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill together.

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
Re: Ol' Boris is setting me up nicely
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:06:01 AM »
Elliott,

Don't worry about the school.  Instead, use Skype, not emails.  Face-to-face contact and spontaneity will reveal much to you.  99.9% of RW have access to Skype.  She may be hesitant if her English is not good, yet encourage her because Skype has translation tools. 

Offline elliott

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »
Elliott,

Don't worry about the school.  Instead, use Skype, not emails.  Face-to-face contact and spontaneity will reveal much to you.  99.9% of RW have access to Skype.  She may be hesitant if her English is not good, yet encourage her because Skype has translation tools.

I asked early on about Skype, but the question was either not seen or ignored.  I'll ask again since I completely agree.  I did make a video for her and I put it on Youtube and I asked her to reciprocate, but she said she couldn't watch it because the connection at the internet cafe is too slow.  I thought since Youtube is hosting the video then connection speed didn't matter since there's nothing to download, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that whoever I'm trading emails with doesn't understand a lick of English, but I want to see how this plays out.  Do internet cafes allow skype-ing?

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »
Are you paying for each letter ?     Do you pay for translator ?
If not you might as well keep going but do insist on Skype.

Offline elliott

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »
Are you paying for each letter ?
Heavens no.  We're using regular email, mine is gmail and Ol' Boris/Elena is using newintcafe.com.

Another email just came.  She said she interviewed for another job today, then mentioned that her last job she'd had since graduating from university.  Ol' Boris is really laying it on.  This sounds almost believable, but something is still slightly "off."  Yeah I'll insist on Skype until it drives him/her crazy.

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 04:30:44 PM »
Heavens no.  We're using regular email, mine is gmail and Ol' Boris/Elena is using newintcafe.com.

Another email just came.  She said she interviewed for another job today, then mentioned that her last job she'd had since graduating from university.  Ol' Boris is really laying it on.  This sounds almost believable, but something is still slightly "off."  Yeah I'll insist on Skype until it drives him/her crazy.

Good idea.  You won't know for sure until you force the issue and see what happens.
I can't remember for sure about whether internet cafe's have Skype.  A couple years ago I walked into a couple of them because they happen to be co-located with the post office.  There were all women on computers.  I didn't get close enough to see if any of them were on Skype, but I would suspect that the internet cafe's have it by now.

When I was searching I ran into a couple cute tricks on Skype and video chat on the dating sites.  Supposedly live video turned out to be still photos and looped video.

Keep us posted, I am curious.     
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:29:04 PM by calmissile »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline lonedrake

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »
Sincere women, interested in a long term relationship, will want to see you in Skype. 

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
You will get more informations by calling her. Even if you can only exchange some words, it would be useful. Get her number and call her. This is very emotionnal for genuine people.
You should stop to write and put your ass in a plane.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 05:18:13 PM »
  Yeah I'll insist on Skype until it drives him/her crazy.

Don't waste too much time emailing him/her. It takes away from more important things to do, such as finding a real woman.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Tom9111

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »
Hmm, not meeting fire code standards? lost job? newintcafe.com? conservative pics? Getting all the same exact story to a T.
Person states out of a village called Glazov, however tracking static IP addy out of St Petersburg ( I go to college for IT security)
most pictures have been run through reversed image scanning, no duplicates.
Sent you an email lets trade pics?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 01:46:48 AM »
I asked early on about Skype, but the question was either not seen or ignored.  I'll ask again since I completely agree.  I did make a video for her and I put it on Youtube and I asked her to reciprocate, but she said she couldn't watch it because the connection at the internet cafe is too slow.  I thought since Youtube is hosting the video then connection speed didn't matter since there's nothing to download, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that whoever I'm trading emails with doesn't understand a lick of English, but I want to see how this plays out.  Do internet cafes allow skype-ing?

Regarding YouTube, yes you are wrong.

Anyway, my suggestion is to move on and tell her that you are so suspicious of her that you are starting to call her Boris. That should warm things up. And then ask her if there are any locals that can spy on her for you.

And if you think I'm being a jerk, read all the stuff you have posted so far and then tell me, is this the way you deal with women you are trying to woo?

Before you knee-jerk your answer, think long and hard about it. It may not look like it, but I'm trying to help you out.

BTW, is she a typical girl you would date at home, looks and age- wise?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Saltysnoopy

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »
Just happened to run across this post doing an IP search.  By the way ... this person who lost her job because the school closed due to a fire inspection ... is her name Oksana?  Is she 28 years old? Are all her letters how much in love she is with you?  Does she have a best friend named Tatyana?  Does she go visit mum?  You're right, she has never asked for anything.  We met on Okcupid and she wanted to start emailing right away.  Oh, ya, can't skype because the internet cafe' speed isn't fast enough and Tatyana doesn't have internet, either.  Does she teach sewing?  Did she send you a picture of her in a read dress that she made?  I did a google image search of these two pictures and she showed up on 2 scam sites.  Do your own search.
Can't wait to hear your reply.
She told me that she's flying to San Fransisco next Wednesday.  Yesterday I asked her why I found her pictures and letters on scammer's website.  She got really hostile and called me a liar like all other men.
Would love to compare letters.
Lowell
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:49:58 PM by Saltysnoopy »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
Yo, Salty. We have a code of conduct that we don't post ladies email addresses. If you have to know, make two more posts so you can send a personal message to the original poster.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Tom2014K

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »
Hello All,
              I've also been emailing with a Russian woman named Oksana, says she's 28 years old, sends me conservative photos, worked in school closed due to fire safety violations, lives in Emva (Yemva) in the Komi Republic,  asked her about Skype ans she replies that the intercafe she uses isn't fast enough for Skype or YOutube.  She said she sewed a red dress and sent me 2 photos of her wearing it.
Has a best friend named Olga. Hasn't asked for money as yet. But keeps sending me "love" letters about how much she misses me (!)
Her emails come from newintcafe.com.  She did sent me one photo of herself with Olga and another of a former teacher or colleague of hers from her now closed school.  I asked her how she got my email address and she replied at the dating website - but didn't say which one.
Oksana is a popular Russian womens' name. But if a scammer, she/they are VERY slick. It has me wondering if she might be an actual Russian woman seeking a boyfriend.
Although she doesn't resemble the Oksana in the photos posted here in a previous post. Different hair color and eye colors
And different facial features - my Oksana has more prominent cheeks. Some similiarly - close but no cigar (so too speak).
I asked for her phone number but she said she didn't a phone. And for her last name to mail her a Christmas card and gift but didn't tell me - she said that Russian mail service isn't reliable(!)  Is that true?
Also, all of her photos are staged - in a park, or at a pool. None are selfies from what I see.  The photos look very professionally
done.  I'd like to hear form any other posters about her. And maybe view photos. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:51:11 PM by Tom2014K »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »
Hello All,
              I've also been emailing with a Russian woman named Oksana, says she's 28 years old, sends me conservative photos, worked in school closed due to fire safety violations, lives in Emva (Yemva) in the Komi Republic,  asked her about Skype ans she replies that the intercafe she uses isn't fast enough for Skype or YOutube.  She said she sewed a red dress and sent me 2 photos of her wearing it.
Has a best friend named Olga. Hasn't asked for money as yet. But keeps sending me "love" letters about how much she misses me (!)
Her emails come from newintcafe.com.  She did sent me one photo of herself with Olga and another of a former teacher or colleague of hers from her now closed school.  I asked her how she got my email address and she replied at the dating website - but didn't say which one.
Oksana is a popular Russian womens' name. But if a scammer, she/they are very slick. It has me wondering if she might be an actual Russian woman seeking a boyfriend.
Although she doesn't resemble the Oksana in the photos posted here in a previous post. Different hair color and eye colors

The part I bolded let's me believe that she contacted you (out of the blue).  If this is correct he or she is definitely a scammer.  A legitimate Russian Woman (or Ukrainian) would not contact you first.

Offline Tom2014K

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 11:07:29 PM »
HI,
      Yes, she did contact me first - out of the blue.  But she/they are really slick - I 've been going along with her emails professing her love for me - sending her back "love" emails and wanting to meet her. Some of the photos were either taken at a pool or perhaps at a local river setting.  Sincerely, Tom
A previous poster searched and  found her photos on scammer sites via Google wearing a red dress. I'll do the same.
Thanks very much to those who started this website and all the posters. I appreciate your spending time and energy exposing
the scammers.  Sincerely, Tom

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 11:14:24 PM »
HI,
      Yes, she did contact me first - out of the blue.  But she/they are really slick - I 've been going along with her emails professing her love for me - sending her back "love" emails and wanting to meet her. Some of the photos were either taken at a pool or perhaps at a local river setting.  Sincerely, Tom
A previous poster searched and  found her photos on scammer sites via Google wearing a red dress. I'll do the same.
Thanks very much to those who started this website and all the posters. I appreciate your spending time and energy exposing
the scammers.  Sincerely, Tom

A legitimate woman who has never met you is not going to profess to love you.  Playing along is a waste of time but if you want to do it eventually will come the request for money (for airfare to visit you in the US or for a sick relative, etc).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:16:18 PM by AC »

Offline Tom2014K

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 08:42:07 PM »
Thanks to those who replied and commented on my postings.  Anyways, the Oksana I've been emailing with , is now supposed to travel to America to meet me. She hasn't asked for money but rather says she getting it from her parents to travel here.  Nor has she sent me any bikini or semi-nude or nude photos!   Using the address she gave me, I used google maps to actually locate a building or 2 that were part of a background in some photos she sent me.  All of her photos were taken in a park,  near a river, or  a pool location.
All very professionally done. 
In Summary, either I'm dealing with a very slick scammer or an actual young woman who wants to visit me.
If she really does show up at the airport, she'll knock my socks off (!).    Thanks all, Tom
I heard a story of an American man who traveled to Russia to meet an online woman but she wasn't there, so he made the trip a vacation trip and in traveling about the Russian town he was in, he coincidently met a nice Russian woman, they liked each other,
dated and he eventually brought her back to USA with him (!)

Offline southernX

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »
AC ,,, A legitimate Russian Woman (or Ukrainian) would not contact you first.

ah yes they will if your on a dating site ,, there not all wilting flowers waiting on some guy to make a move  ,
 what they wont usually  do is contact you if your not on any dating site , such unsolicited contact is a red flag

tom ..  All of her photos were taken in a park,  near a river, or  a pool location.
also not unusual tom , many girls will do the same , you can see girls  all posing like there models if you spend time there , especially in vacation places , etc
big sunnys, hats , striking elegant poses with parks /  fountains, beaches  etc etc

when is she supposedly arriving in the US tom ?? 
id be cautious , but its not impossible ,

how big is the age gap between you ?

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
I sure she will contact you saying she is at the airport but they won't let her leave unless she has a certain amount of cash on her. This where her knight in shining armor is supposed to send her money so she "can be on her way to you"
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »
ah yes they will if your on a dating site ,, there not all wilting flowers waiting on some guy to make a move  ,
 what they wont usually  do is contact you if your not on any dating site , such unsolicited contact is a red flag

The way I read and understood Tom he was contacted out of the blue -- not from a lady who he was on the same dating site with. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 01:07:15 AM by AC »

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 06:57:42 AM »
I only dated those women who wrote me first. It cleared one hurdle. But they were on the same sites as me. All were legitimate and that is where I
ended up finding my wife. Maybe I had less problems because the women were all at least 45.

Offline tinnoker

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »
Let's see, met a nice girl online, her name is Oksana, she's 28 and I'm 59 but she says age doesn't matter. Just lost her job as an embroidery teacher to young children due to a fire inspection. Loves to cook with Mum and catch up with her best friend. Loves the way she can share her lifes ups and downs with me. So I did a search on this internet cafe she sends her mail from and here I am. I guess what set her apart is it seems like she actually reads my letters as she does answer questions and types my name in now and then. Don't know what the end game is as she / he has not asked me for money, maybe just a lonely homely kid looking for a pen pal. At least now my suspicions are confirmed, met her on OKcupid. Must have sent a half a dozen letters, last one had two pics of her on ice in a park. " If it looks too good to be true.... "

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »
Let's see, met a nice girl online, her name is Oksana, she's 28 and I'm 59 but she says age doesn't matter. Just lost her job as an embroidery teacher to young children due to a fire inspection. Loves to cook with Mum and catch up with her best friend. Loves the way she can share her lifes ups and downs with me. So I did a search on this internet cafe she sends her mail from and here I am. I guess what set her apart is it seems like she actually reads my letters as she does answer questions and types my name in now and then. Don't know what the end game is as she / he has not asked me for money, maybe just a lonely homely kid looking for a pen pal. At least now my suspicions are confirmed, met her on OKcupid. Must have sent a half a dozen letters, last one had two pics of her on ice in a park. " If it looks too good to be true.... "

Loves to cook tasty dishes? You know the answer to the question you haven't asked, don't you? If it will help your feelings any, it's probably not even a woman. You're here because you have a feeling in the gut and heavy suspicions. If you carry on he/she will at some point drop the doo doo bomb. End it and move on. If you are interested in FSUW hang around, learn and become more realistic in your expectations. Welcome to the RWD by the way

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 12:05:30 AM »
I'm with Muzh on this. Perhaps this girl/Boris is indeed a scammer: who cares? If she won't go to a Skype or phone, move on.

However, the quickest way to chase off sincere ladies is to go on high alert for scammers.

Relax, play it all out naturally, and the ladies you want to find...will find you.

One of the best things a new guy can do it to go and visit, even if you and a gal are just getting acquainted. The FSU has coffee, toilet paper, flat screen TVs, etc, but there are many differences, too.

Your first visit is for your own education, to learn the lay of the land and gain some confidence in your ability to travel and survive in a place where you can't read the signs, can't speak the language, and can't even order a meal. But you can, and so many have done so successfully over the years. The first visit is the experience that you build on for future visits--it will serve you well.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2818
Total: 2828

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM