It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: hotel refunds  (Read 24645 times)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: hotel refunds
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
Faux Pas,

As I already told it is a little bit complicated sometimes to plan in advance a trip with our business. It is not about "a significant savings" that in comparison with the money we get for our service is not so significant.

The first time you met your husband, did he wait until inside of 8 days to make arrangements?

I don't remember and can not find the papers or tickets. But I remember he paid for apartment in full when we arrived.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:51:46 PM by OlgaH »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
Faux Pas,

honestly I would care less about how long it would take for Robert to make preparations. If he had to cancel his trip due to his health problem or his job and offered to discuss another time for our meeting I would not be upset or go crazy, I would support the discussion.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »

Read what I posted.  WU uses a Ukrainian agent that is currently under investigation.

:offtopic:
Boethius ,
no big deal,,but for what its worth , i have very recently sent WU to nikolaev..
and not thru an *agent* , at least as far as i understand?

as i have been to the very WU office there , just weeks ago myself..

granted maybe WU was *bought out* there by another institution..
 and still just had the WU sign up..but if bought out ,certainly still functions as a WU , and uses their WU logo'ed standard wire transfer docs.

i  guess the point being , sending or receiving, I just don't see how any layman would know it wasn't a WU.. ;)

Offline 10bdub

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
I have decided to pay the lady $500.  This will give me a clear conscience.  I want to continue talking with this lady.  If she choses not to continue talking with me life will go on.  I will not come here and say I have been scammed. Some here might be curious to know what plays out in the near future.  Will they continue to chat or will they go their separate ways.  I will be happy to post an update next week.  My gut feeling tells me when the money arrives she will chose to end communication.  If this is the way it plays out I will find the irony to be I will never know if it was a scam or if she decided the chain of events proved to be too much and it would just be easier to make a fresh start with someone else. 
I am sure the lady has had as many thoughts racing through her head as I have.  Maybe I have failed to show compassion for this lady here, but I have been as compassionate and sincere with her as possible.  We talked today and it was pleasant.  If the lady moves on to another man, I hope we can remain friends.

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »
As far as on topic:

weird story.

It doesnt pan out from either side really.

um .. there are still various flights to dnepro, at least a dozen ways to fly or get there..
 weird excuse to meet in kiev.. not that it matters.. also a history of sinus infections and no plan *B* mentioned between them over the 6 months of 2 hours almost daily talks? ,i don't buy that.
from her side, its not likely at al lshe paid the full rental from dnepro for a flat in kiev.. but could be attempting to recoup of other expenses or time off lost.

the most compelling issue is this,
she refused to reschedule, and refused to give him the number to contact the flat owner in kiev directly.

sorry to be hard on the OP, from simply not providing complete info....
as it sounds like  a late "opportunity" scam to me.
 mostly because of the two clear refusals, while he states he was willing to work something out

(this actually seems odd to me as well? if she was scamming though!! because a receipt
to satisfy  him would cost her very little , return on investment would be pretty dang good, heck i can probably arrange one in a few days for 100$ from here.. lol)

on his end a lot of odd or poor planning, especially considering he feels his last trip to dnepro to meet a women from russianlovematch was a scam..

once bitten twice shy?

edited:
sorry 10bdub, we posted at the same moment, and your latest post changes some thoughts..

personally if you had a long pleasant talk with her, i'd think you could confirm with the landlord.. enough to feel confident in your decision. 
good luck

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:31:24 PM by AJ »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2010, 12:18:39 AM »
10bdub,

I really wish you good luck and I hope she is sincere. But if even she will continue communication you will not know the whole truth. Maybe she will buy a webcamera at least...

God knows and  sees everything as we say.

I also hope that after 6 month of skyping you know not only her real name but also her real address in Dnepropetrovsk, and she was sharing with you many photos of her with children...

But I have the same feeling as AJ does

as it sounds like  a late "opportunity" scam to me.
 mostly because of the two clear refusals, while he states he was willing to work something out

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
One would think that now that the OP has stated he will pay the lady $500, this whole matter has been resolved and the thread has come to its logical conclusion. But I wouldn't bet on it.  :)

Just to address some of your questions/comments Faux Pas:

He stated he didn't buy a plane ticket and he didn't make accommodations.

Can you quote where he stated this?
I sure don't recall seeing him stating this anywhere.

CM, you seem to have an interest in this thread dying a quicker death. Any particular reason? 10dub seems to be seeking some vilification for not sending this woman the money she said she is out due to his cancellation.

Perhaps you meant to say he is seeking some 'justification' for not...?

As for my seeming interest in seeing this thread die sooner rather than later.
I, just as much as the next guy/gal here at this site, love to read long juicy trip reports/threads about sordid affairs or matches gone awry or dates that finally work out in the end.

I also have an analytical mind so I love puzzles. But I only like to play with a full deck of cards.

When someone like a StupidGuy comes to the site and makes two simple posts; the first, an 11 word introduction and the second a taunting trip report and the regulars here stretch out, analyze, discombobulate, advise, refute, mock etc. the person for 6 pages over a two month period, I think that's a bit over the top.

Likewise, with 10bdub's post, we simply don't have enough information to draw any definitive conclusions or give meaningful advice.
It's these types of threads that I prefer to see die quicker deaths than others.

That's just my personal preference though. And I do stop reading threads once they've reached my threshold of interest.  :)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2010, 05:24:53 AM »

No, I won't go back and read this thing again. It's not important enough for me and certainly isn't for the OP. It's there IIRC

Perhaps you meant to say he is seeking some 'justification' for not...?
Depends on how you look at it I suppose
As for my seeming interest in seeing this thread die sooner rather than later.
I, just as much as the next guy/gal here at this site, love to read long juicy trip reports/threads about sordid affairs or matches gone awry or dates that finally work out in the end.

I also have an analytical mind so I love puzzles. But I only like to play with a full deck of cards.

When someone like a StupidGuy comes to the site and makes two simple posts; the first, an 11 word introduction and the second a taunting trip report and the regulars here stretch out, analyze, discombobulate, advise, refute, mock etc. the person for 6 pages over a two month period, I think that's a bit over the top.

Likewise, with 10bdub's post, we simply don't have enough information to draw any definitive conclusions or give meaningful advice.
It's these types of threads that I prefer to see die quicker deaths than others.

That's just my personal preference though. And I do stop reading threads once they've reached my threshold of interest.  :)

This lost my interest sometime ago. I'll read them even though I'm not interested on the chance it gets interesting or someone axes me a quirkston.  ;D

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
He stated he didn't buy a plane ticket and he didn't make accommodations.

No, I won't go back and read this thing again.

I went back and could not find in the OP posts "I didn't buy a plane ticket and I didn't make accommodations."  Such supposition was only from the second guessers. 

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:45 PM »
I went back and could not find in the OP posts "I didn't buy a plane ticket and I didn't make accommodations."  Such supposition was only from the second guessers. 

Red it again and look closer  :D

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
Red it again and look closer  :D

No place in this thread did the OP say he did not have a ticket.. or that he did have a ticket.  He simply ignored your questions.

Offline Gylden

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »

I didn't read where he stated this as well??

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
I didn't read where he stated this as well??

That's because it's an assumption by two or three people who conjured it up out of nowhere. At no point does he say this.

Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Rubicon

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
my prediction is that after she receives the money he will never hear from her again.  she may not have been planning to "scam" him from the get go, but she decided to see if she could take advantage of him after he stood her up.  just her way to get "revenge".  I would not send her any money, since he advised her that HE would be paying for the hotel or apartment when he arrived.  imo she just came up with this story to see if she could fleece him.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM