It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086063 times)

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1975 on: January 23, 2015, 02:31:54 PM »
No it's not.  We have the right to invite him to leave.  And if he goes into the wrong bar in America and starts his whining, he will be hitting the floor (again).

Any time internet tough guy, but we already know you rather have other men do what you can't.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:39:01 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1976 on: January 23, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »

It was found out the US was supplying muhahideen with aid for 6 months prior to Soviet intervention.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United StatesCentral Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideen prior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, from 1979 to 1989.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

And why was a Soviet intervention necessary? Because of Soviet subversion, you must have gotten your education from American public schools.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1977 on: January 23, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
And why was a Soviet intervention necessary? Because of Soviet subversion, you must have gotten your education from American public schools.

You're free to leave if you don't like our schools LT.  Stop being a traitor.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1978 on: January 23, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
LT,

Come on back to Kali.  We'll get you a prescription and you smoke all the weed you want.  I sure do.

You're on.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1979 on: January 23, 2015, 02:39:12 PM »
Thank you, I would prefer to be KGB colonel as jone proposed. Though I must note you have the exaggerated sense of your importance  ;)

Tell your MIL's brother to arrange FB account,  log in FB, then he will see niece's pages.
Or let he enter direct links to pages with posts. KGB will not  persecute him, I promise

Put it in writing, not that it would be worth anything.  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1980 on: January 23, 2015, 02:40:03 PM »
Instead of addressing the problems it's the equivalent to sweeping it under the rug.   I say the people who go against the grain and talk about the problems are better Americans compared to the status quo that demands anyone who says something unpleasant to leave.  I'm sure our forefathers would be proud of you jone.

Nah, jone from what I've read does not claim America is perfect, just far better.  We follow the rule of law in our property rights and in our foreign policy as well.

You on the other hand just continue to publish a bunch of nonsensical drivel. 

Are there Russian troops and equipment in Ukraine?  What are they doing there?

Let's just see if you can give a straight answer to those two questions.  Bet you can't do it.

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1981 on: January 23, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »

Are you serious?

Brainwashed people? You mean, you don't have faith in your fellow American so you put your trust in the Russians?

Is that what you are saying?

Please by all means explain.

No that's not what I'm saying, read it again.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1982 on: January 23, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »

You're free to leave if you don't like our schools LT.  Stop being a traitor.

Its called Google.  Try it sometime.  It might save you some embarrassment.

Unlike Muzh, I am not afraid to meet up with you.  PM me

And in other news, Russia reports banks are blaming sanctions for their inability to lend to small farmers.  Thus harvests will be 30% smaller.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1983 on: January 23, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »

And in other news, Russia reports banks are blaming sanctions for their inability to lend to small farmers.  Thus harvests will be 30% smaller.

Is that what you do? Go around forums threatening people with bodily harm because they call you on your old and tired antics?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline LiveFromUkraine

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1984 on: January 23, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
Nah, jone from what I've read does not claim America is perfect, just far better.  We follow the rule of law in our property rights and in our foreign policy as well.

haha Funny!

Found a picture of you AC.  You looking perty.

Are there Russian troops and equipment in Ukraine?  What are they doing there?

Let's just see if you can give a straight answer to those two questions.  Bet you can't do it.

You sound exactly like JayH.  Hilarious.

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1985 on: January 23, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »

This is assuming Brzezinski's thesis was accepted by Washington.  I disagree with that assumption.  Had the US accepted Brzezinski's thesis, it would have been far more "hands on" in Ukraine, and there would be no war there now.Again, it is a stretch to assume that the Orange Revolution was "inspired" by the West.

Accepted by Washington? It's been the blueprint for NeoCons since the 90's.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1986 on: January 23, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »

So many internet tough guys. 

Muzh and I never talked about meeting up, but if we did we would have a beer, talk and probably make fun of each other without any animosity at the end.  That is what normal people do, LT. 

I know you have some health issues but going on forums and trying to meet up with people in every other posts is rather weird, even for you.

Sure, if you're in the neighborhood let me know.  I may be rolling through Arizona (I think you are from there) this year and will pm you.  You will find I will say everything to you that I said on this forum.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1987 on: January 23, 2015, 02:49:32 PM »

Name names.  Which neoconservatives?  Name names, if you can . . .

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1988 on: January 23, 2015, 02:50:47 PM »
I disagree.   Brzezinski is no friend to the neocons, and their view of the world is not his.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1989 on: January 23, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
However, when said regime starts invading other countries to subjugate them when they're striving to become better democracies and frustrating their efforts to align with liked minded countries because they don't think that nation should have sovereignty or create it's own path?  That's when problems arise as we're currently seeing.

Brass

Sure just like Iraq, Cuba, Yugoslavia etc.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1990 on: January 23, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »

So many internet tough guys. 

Muzh and I never talked about meeting up, but if we did we would have a beer, talk and probably make fun of each other without any animosity at the end.  That is what normal people do, LT. 

I know you have some health issues but going on forums and trying to meet up with people in every other posts is rather weird, even for you.

Sure, if you're in the neighborhood let me know.  I may be rolling through Arizona (I think you are from there) this year and will pm you.  You will find I will say everything to you that I said on this forum.

Yeah whatever.  Hit me up.  Texas works too.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1991 on: January 23, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »

The states you named are trying to be democracies?  How?

http://www.odessatalk.com/2015/01/search-policy/

Article by Nikolai Holmov
Has anybody identified a definitive policy for Ukraine from “The West”?

Has anybody identified a definitive policy for Russia from “The West”?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:57:20 PM by lordtiberius »

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1992 on: January 23, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »

It isn't relevant to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, in any event.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1993 on: January 23, 2015, 02:56:54 PM »

Another typical response.  Point out problems and then "Hey, you can go to Russia and see what rights of free speech you have there." 

Instead of addressing the problems it's the equivalent to sweeping it under the rug.   I say the people who go against the grain and talk about the problems are better Americans compared to the status quo that demands anyone who says something unpleasant to leave.   I'm sure our forefathers would be proud of you jone.

You're welcome to talk about problems in American decision making any time.  But when you give a blanket statement about people on the forum you will always get pushback.  As for me, happy hour here in Kali begins at 4 and the first round is always on me.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1994 on: January 23, 2015, 03:01:52 PM »
You're so right dude.  America sucks.  So when are you and FT leaving?  Do you have any good weed?

Why do you think that? Because I don't think that we have the right to force others to our way of thinking? That's rather elitist of you isn't it?

Offline LiveFromUkraine

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1995 on: January 23, 2015, 03:10:05 PM »
You're welcome to talk about problems in American decision making any time.  But when you give a blanket statement about people on the forum you will always get pushback.  As for me, happy hour here in Kali begins at 4 and the first round is always on me.

I expect blanket statements about any group of people, even Russian, to get pushback. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:14:03 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1996 on: January 23, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »

Brass, I don't know why you're stuck in 2013 and continue to maintain the America cancelled the contract and not buying anymore military equipment from Russia. Read some articles from 2014-15 like the ones below and previously that says we are still buying military equipment from Russia. I don't know why you're protecting Obama but for some reason you don't think Obama can change his mind. Just because America and France agreed on weapons deals with Russia before the crisis in Ukraine doesn't mean they have to continue with the sales. Congress was telling the Pentagon, led by our commander in Chief, Obama, to stop buying those choppers. Stop means STOP NOW. It doesn't mean continue to buy those choppers honoring a contract from 2011, then stop. France didn't want to do it but they stopped honoring the contract signed before 2014 with Russia over a couple of warships. America should lead by example and should have terminated/suspended ongoing contracts immediately with Russia when they backed Assad and crapped on Ukraine.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/07/23/frances-ship-sale-to-russia-latest-example-of-commerce-and-policy-clash/

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/03/20/3416324/russia-ukraine-dod-helicopters/

http://rbth.com/defence/2014/04/30/congress_pressures_pentagon_to_cancel_arms_contract_with_russia_36339.html

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1577619

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/rt-%E2%80%8Bpentagon-defies-congress-to-buy-russian-helicopters-for-afghanistan/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/19/us-ukraine-crisis-pentagon-russia-idUSBREA2I28G20140319

The contract was penned in 2011 then cancelled in 2013. The U.S. is not buying more choppers, the Russians only completed the delivery and fulfilled the contract last fall. Washington did cancel the contract because of the controversy surrounding Assad. edit to add Can we at least agree on this as reported by the links?

You do realize that the choppers were not only funded by the U.S. but by NATO and Russia as well, right?

http://www.nato.int/nrc-website/en/articles/20121130-nrc-10-years-hmtf/

Congress told the Pentagon stop buying the choppers; that's it, no more chopper buying which is exactly what happened. If Russia was delivering on an order already paid for to the Afghan government then let them.

In other words; Afghanistan isn't under sanction, Russia is. Why would Obama try and cancel delivery by Russia to Afghanistan of product already paid for if Russia was willing to make the delivery at the time? The only country that would effect is Afghanistan.

France is another situation altogether: Russia contracted France, France builds, Russia comes under sanction, France says your under sanction for invading another country so no delivery until EU/NATO conditions are met. Not we're cancelling the contract.

You need to remember that France is also a sovereign country. If they decide to release those ships they can do so. They're holding the line because they also believe the conditions need to be met not because the U.S. or NATO says France can't deliver.

Washington did cancel/suspend all their contracts as far as the sanctions and Congress permitted.  They are leading by example in that regard.

Now all that needs to happen is leading by example with military aid to Ukraine.

I get you don't like the Administration, me either (from the outside looking in) but there's enough President Obama's administration needs to answer for with out assigning blame for events he, Congress or the Pentagon could not have known were about to occur, right?

Brass

edit: Holy Crap 36 new posts since I wrote this.  :P

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:33:33 PM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1997 on: January 23, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
I don't to the extent he believes Russia has a right to invade Ukraine.  It doesn't.

This is where you misunderstand me. I don't think that Russia has a right to invade Ukraine but given the history and circumstances I know that Russia WILL invade. I would be shocked beyond belief if there are no Russian troops or US "advisors" in UA. I think the west is playing a dangerous game and Russia ain't playing.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1998 on: January 23, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »

This is where you misunderstand me. I don't think that Russia has a right to invade Ukraine but given the history and circumstances I know that Russia WILL invade. I would be shocked beyond belief if there are no Russian troops or US "advisors" in UA. I think the west is playing a dangerous game and Russia ain't playing.
Russia has already invaded.  It did so at the very start of this conflict.  Will Russia continue?  It depends on the reaction of the West.  Causing Russia even more economic pain likely will, eventually, have the desired effect.

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1999 on: January 23, 2015, 03:21:20 PM »
The states you named are trying to be democracies?  How?

No, the US didn't like how they did things.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1901
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1893
Total: 1901

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Today at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM