It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086127 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4350 on: April 20, 2016, 08:08:09 PM »
we have family in russia and for them it is not meaningless
they are now restricted on their buying power and travel etc
they are finding inflation on food difficult , of course there not complaining too much , as that is not there way

they just buckle down and ''endure '' but it certainly has gotten harder for the average family to balance there budget across most areas , , regardless of the reasons why

SX

SX

I've been pointing out that inflation has been eating into incomes and pensions for years..

Most Russians are worse off  - the problem is - many are blaming the west for the 'crisis'.

That doesn't change the fact that a standalone stat - implying that Russians are spending a 'disproportionate' amount on food, ciggies and booze was meaningless...

If AKMike had produced a stat showing they are saving less, eating into their savings more and not taking foreign holidays -then he'shave been on to something..

The Sberbank - the biggest - does an annual survey of clients and these were trends.
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4351 on: April 20, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »
SX

I've been pointing out that inflation has been eating into incomes and pensions for years..

Most Russians are worse off  - the problem is - many are blaming the west for the 'crisis'.

That doesn't change the fact that a standalone stat - implying that Russians are spending a 'disproportionate' amount on food, ciggies and booze was meaningless...

If AKMike had produced a stat showing they are saving less, eating into their savings more and not taking foreign holidays -then he'shave been on to something..

The Sberbank - the biggest - does an annual survey of clients and these were trends.

Yeah, and if you'd be truthful about what Russians do with their indigents, then you might be on to something too.  Fewer beggars on the streets.  Laughable.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4352 on: April 20, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
Quote from: akmike

:rolleyes: Are you bragging or complaining?  :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you are complaining - as I'm the one pointing out your 'information' was meaningLESS -when taken in isolation.

The OECD stats I posted were far more informative and offered a comparison. I missed you posting data showing Ireland and Estonia were in a worse state that Russia

It has a lot of meaning because this is what was happening in the 2008 meltdown. The same 50%..   If you were around then you'd know just how serious it is. Yet Putler insists on increasing the military with the people suffer.

Now you're being ridiculous - That blip was far shorter than the present 'crisis'. 3 quarters of recession followed by strong growth - a combination of war with Georgia and continued over-reliance on the price of oil...

I have no idea how Russia will survive now that they have totally BANNED Turkish Eggplants. Oh Horrors  :o

I am living in the region most effected by the ban on trade with Turkey and we ate Baklazhan [ Aubergine], yesterday..

I guess some enterprising Russian importer is bringING Turkish produce via 'Abkhazia'..

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:25:47 PM by msmobyone »
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4353 on: April 20, 2016, 08:32:04 PM »
Yeah, and if you'd be truthful about what Russians do with their indigents, then you might be on to something too.  Fewer beggars on the streets.  Laughable.

Jone,

Thanks

Once again you've shown an amazing capacity to 'put words in my mouth'...

I never mentioned 'beggars' ... you have.. I'd say there were more on the streets - yes...Mostly v.old ladies in underpasses.

I mentioned homeless - sleeping on the streets

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4354 on: April 20, 2016, 08:50:11 PM »

Now you're being ridiculous - That blip was far shorter than the present 'crisis'. 3 quarters of recession followed by strong growth - a combination of war with Georgia and continued over-reliance on the price of oil...

Right but it's still a 50% figure. This one is more severe due to Putler's actions.
I am living in the region most effected by the ban on trade with Turkey and we ate Baklazhan [ Aubergine], yesterday..

I guess some enterprising Russian importer is bringING Turkish produce via 'Abkhazia'..

The Turkish Eggplant ban was just announced today in Moscow, (It'll probably take several weeks for that information to reach you.) It goes into effect on the 25th.. Start hoarding now and corner the market! You alone could bump up the 50% for a few unlucky families!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4355 on: April 20, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
Ex. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright probably got to be on the top of the list for a polonium cocktail for remarks made about he Huilomeister.

Statements included, “smart but truly evil man.”, “a KGB officer, who wants to keep everything under control and believes that everyone conspires against Russia.”.

And then she may have struck a raw nerve by stating," “Russia is a country that provokes and then feels insulted.”

You are superimposing your own perceived feelings onto Russia...it sounds like more of your ritualistic wishful thinking on your part...

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4356 on: April 20, 2016, 09:24:55 PM »
The Turkish Eggplant ban was just announced today in Moscow, (It'll probably take several weeks for that information to reach you.) It goes into effect on the 25th.. Start hoarding now and corner the market! You alone could bump up the 50% for a few unlucky families!

AKMike

IF you were awake on Nov 30th 2015..

Russia Bans Imports of Fruits, Vegetables From Turkey

http://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-bans-imports-of-fruits-vegetables-from-turkey-1448887371

''Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Moscow will stop importing Turkish vegetables and fruit, agencies reported. The embargo will come into effect in a few weeks from now and won’t include other goods such as clothes. The list of penalties, however, could be expanded later, he said.''

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4357 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:37 PM »
Yes,, I know that fruits and veggies were banned from many places and for some reason Moscow just added eggplant today. 4/20/16  Specifically Turkish Eggplant. 

Corner the market while you can!

Of course anyone could reasonably see this is part of the reason for the increase in the family food budget.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:43:20 PM by AkMike »

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4358 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:55 PM »
Yes,, I know that fruits and veggies were banned from many places and for some reason Moscow just added eggplant today. 4/20/16  Specifically Turkish Eggplant. 

http://in-cyprus.com/temporary-russian-ban-of-turkish-aubergines/

The ban on Aubergines  is 'temporary' and due to the '' continued deliveries of batches of aubergines contaminated with quarantine organisms,' Rossekhoznadzor said''...

Of course anyone could reasonably see this is part of the reason for the increase in the family food budget.

You are also suffering from 'Jone's disease' .... I missed suggesting otherwise re food price inflation

But thanks for the tip re Aubergines ... I just stocked up on jars of marinated Baklazhan from Georgian lady - who runs our local  fruit and veg shop

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4359 on: April 21, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »
Yesterday, 4/20, Bloomberg put out a good article, " Crimean Bridge Measures the Span of Putin's Ambitions" about the Crimean Bridge with some of the back round information dating back to the Nazi's and about the current  players.

Of interest too was a mention about it being Europe's longest COMBINED rail and car bridge.  But the video shows two bridges..  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:05:31 AM by AkMike »

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4360 on: April 23, 2016, 09:04:38 PM »
Yesterday, 4/20, Bloomberg put out a good article, " Crimean Bridge Measures the Span of Putin's Ambitions" about the Crimean Bridge with some of the back round information dating back to the Nazi's and about the current  players.

Of interest too was a mention about it being Europe's longest COMBINED rail and car bridge.  But the video shows two bridges..  :rolleyes:

Not AGAIN.... :D Yes two bridges....one 'delayed' t'other 'on schedule' for Dec '18... A lot of cred -here in Russia -will dissipate if late.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4361 on: April 24, 2016, 12:55:09 AM »
Bridge is singular.

Bridges is plural..

You must have been cutting class when they explained that, Eh?

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4362 on: April 24, 2016, 01:20:58 AM »
Bridge is singular.

Bridges is plural..

You must have been cutting class when they explained that, Eh?

I cannot help it if uninformed ppl refer to the bridges as 'bridge'..
You now know better..!

So, the casual reader can only draw one conclusion as to your continued use of the singular variant! ...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:29:42 AM by msmobyone »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4363 on: April 25, 2016, 07:32:12 AM »
The (MFA) Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Kazakhstan warns its citizens against visiting the annexed Crimea.
According to the MFA spokeman, Yerlan Idrisov, citizens should choose other resorts for summer holidays until the dispute between Russia and Ukraine is settled.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4364 on: April 26, 2016, 12:17:40 AM »
Cant beat photos-ahh--that would be real photos-ahh- that would be from Ukraine !
This is the bridge-that isn't !! :) :wallbash:

The network showed how really is "grand" building Kerch bridge (photo)

http://patrioty.org.ua/blogs/terpyte-terpyl-u-merezhi-pokazaly-iak-naspravdi-vyhliadaie-hrandiozne-budivnytstvo-kerchenskoho-mosta-foto-116549.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4365 on: April 26, 2016, 01:52:46 AM »
Cant beat photos-ahh--that would be real photos-ahh- that would be from Ukraine !

The network showed how really is "grand" building Kerch bridge (photo)

http://patrioty.org.ua/blogs/terpyte-terpyl-u-merezhi-pokazaly-iak-naspravdi-vyhliadaie-hrandiozne-budivnytstvo-kerchenskoho-mosta-foto-116549.html

I wish I'd taken a photo from the air ... It's a bit like 'Sochi has gone downhill after the winter Olympics'' - somewhat 'selective' photographs

I think December 2018 for the scheduled completion of the ROAD bridge is 'pushing it' - but Putin will be pushing for it's completion - lest he lose face.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4366 on: April 26, 2016, 09:45:51 AM »

Is there a comprehension problem running in your family? No one as said that there isn't a bridge project.

No one has said that there isn't a bridge project going on. The articles state there's been a years set back due to design flaws. Funds for Krym have also been "delayed" for a year.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4367 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
The BBC is scheduled to air an hour long documentary on May 3 about the shooting down of MH17, the airliner with almost 300 civilians on board.

The Russian media and their minions are once again trying to muddy the waters by claiming that a Ukrainian fighter jet shot it down despite all evidence to the contrary. The Dutch Safety Board in their October 2015  report concluded that "that the plane was brought down by a Russian-made surface-to-air missile fired from an area that was mostly controlled by Russian-backed separatists at the time."

Remember that the BUK anti aircraft missile system anything that untrained 'miners' from the region could begin to operate.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4368 on: April 26, 2016, 10:20:40 AM »
Moscow extends the war on small businesses.
Last round was the destruction of 104 kiosks of street vendors. Now the battle will be with anyone selling kibab.

“We are removing shawarma from the streets. There will be no shawarma anymore,”.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4369 on: April 26, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »
Is there a comprehension problem running in your family? No one as said that there isn't a bridge project.

Pls read the Ukrainian article ...again..It claims 'no work..no progress'..
No one has said that there isn't a bridge project going on. The articles state there's been a years set back due to design flaws. Funds for Krym have also been "delayed" for a year.

To be clear...once again..you know this, really.

1/ the RAILWAY bridge is running behind...because of 'the need to increase the strength of the bridge'

2/ WHilst funding for other major infrastructure projects have been put back for one year..'for economic reasons'...that does not include the Crimea road / rail link.

Triumphal, tabloid style headlines should be reserved for press unworthy of respect.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:37:50 PM by msmobyone »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4370 on: April 26, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »

1/ the RAILWAY bridge is running behind...because of 'the need to increase the strength of the bridge'

2/ Wilst funding for other major infrastructure projects have been put back for one year..'for economic reasons'...that does not include the Crimea road / rail link.

And that's exactly what I've been pointing out.. Thanks for once again making my point. I said the bridge was delayed for design flaws. When images (NOT CARTOONS)  appear that there will be two separate bridges then we'll know for sure. Until then the media reports a bridge.. Singular.  They didn't say bridge project which could entail multiple bridges, they say bridge.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4371 on: April 26, 2016, 05:00:33 PM »

AK--my comment was in the context that it is not a bridge-yet.There is an attempt going on to construct A bridge.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4372 on: April 26, 2016, 06:37:30 PM »
I understand JayH..  Until it's finished (IF or when) it's not much.

If the reports of Russia's dire finances are correct.. the workers may walk 0out due to lack of paychecks. Reports of Russia's hired mercenaries in Donbas not getting paid have been coming to the news for some time.

A SWIFT disconnect would really put them on the spot right about now. I read a report by someone thinking outside the box today and he was suggesting a snap drill on a disconnect and some practice at this before the real deal. They might be needing this before too long.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4373 on: April 26, 2016, 06:48:53 PM »
And that's exactly what I've been pointing out..

You are confused.

I am commenting on the article JayH posted.Iit's somewhat disingenuos ..esp. concerning the progress of the temp bridge.

Your  'points'( re delayed funding / two bridges ) have been corrected ..

If I return to the UK via Moscow..and the weather is clear I will take some shots that you can judge ...rather than a video.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4374 on: April 26, 2016, 08:30:40 PM »
None of my posts have been corrected. I just talk about the news online. The 50% of funds for food stuffs has NOTHING ton do with housing costs. It has everything to do with $pending 50%$ of their income for food  as talked about.

The wannabe bridge still isn't a bridge.. It's not 2 bridges either.  You've shown cartoons as your proof of two. I showed another cartoon to show a combined bridge. ( From a Russian news source too,  after all everyone knows that Russians never lie..   :rolleyes:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2007
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2000
Total: 2008

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Today at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM