It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086095 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4650 on: May 12, 2016, 08:24:20 PM »
Hey Moby!

Were you screwing around with Putin's jeep there in Sochi?    ;)  He went to open the door and the handle fell off... Whoops..  :crackwhip:  So much for Russian Q.C. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-autos-idUSKCN0Y328W

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4651 on: May 12, 2016, 10:23:32 PM »
H--I posted to help you out-- on what you "saw" !!  Maybe you flew over before they sank? ;D

Was that JayH for - ''Sorry,..I copied and pasted an OLD article by a Ukrainian misinfo blogger that made me look daft'' ?  :D

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:42:08 PM by msmobyone »
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4652 on: May 12, 2016, 11:33:14 PM »
Hey Moby!

Were you screwing around with Putin's jeep there in Sochi?    ;)  He went to open the door and the handle fell off... Whoops..  :crackwhip:  So much for Russian Q.C. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-putin-autos-idUSKCN0Y328W

Now that IS funny..
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline cc3

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4653 on: May 13, 2016, 04:42:47 AM »
US Deploys Patriot Missiles to Protect ISIS Resupplyhttp://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/05/12/exclusive-us-deploys-patriot-missiles-to-protect-isis-resupply/

TP, I had some hope for you, based on your posts for the last three days, but you are now back to your St. Petersburg 'troll factory' links. Do you think that, on a forum devoted to not only women in the FSU but also to culture, history and current events in the FSU, we members are so gullible as to soak up the bs you so flagrantly flaunt in your pro-Kremlin links?

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4654 on: May 13, 2016, 05:57:53 AM »
Once again Russia is fuming.. :rolleyes:

The US, Britain and the former FSU Republic of Georgia are conducting 2 week military exercises.

"About 650 soldiers from the United States, 150 from Britain and 500 from Georgia were taking part in the maneuvers, with Washington dispatching an entire mechanized company including eight Bradley infantry fighting vehicles and, for the first time, eight M1A2 Abrams main battle tanks."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-georgia-exercises-idUSKCN0Y21RP

Political posturing and Propaganda on both sides, that is all this is. Opium for the masses.

Offline TigerPaws

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4655 on: May 13, 2016, 06:08:06 AM »
TP, I had some hope for you, based on your posts for the last three days, but you are now back to your St. Petersburg 'troll factory' links. Do you think that, on a forum devoted to not only women in the FSU but also to culture, history and current events in the FSU, we members are so gullible as to soak up the bs you so flagrantly flaunt in your pro-Kremlin links?

I see the narrow minded troll has learned to write. Perhaps you will learn to read as well (understand maybe not so well), much of what is in print and on various media is little more than propaganda by ALL sides. The U.S. and Russia play the same game as well as every other country, group or political movement, corporations disseminate propaganda.

It is up to the individual to sift through the information and decide for themselves what the truth is or what they want it to be. Right/Wrong, Good/Bad, Evil/Righteous or any other label someone wants to place on someone or something are just that labels based on personal experience, prejudices and preconceived ideas based on fact or belief.   
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:09:55 AM by TigerPaws »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4656 on: May 13, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »
Political posturing and Propaganda on both sides, that is all this is. Opium for the masses.

Someone may be smoking opium.   :rolleyes:  There's nothing that indicates anything involving both sides. Russia is pizzed that Georgia is leaning westward and avoiding Russia and the CIS/FSU.

Stop and ask yourself why most of the former members of the CCCP are running toward NATO and the west rather than return towards 'mother Russia..'   They know that it all for the leaders of the Kremlin and not toward to common people. They've risen above the vatnik stage that are still gullible enough to stay in Russia.   :deadhorse:

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4657 on: May 13, 2016, 08:55:55 AM »
I see the narrow minded troll has learned to write. Perhaps you will learn to read as well (understand maybe not so well), much of what is in print and on various media is little more than propaganda by ALL sides. The U.S. and Russia play the same game as well as every other country, group or political movement, corporations disseminate propaganda.

It is up to the individual to sift through the information and decide for themselves what the truth is or what they want it to be. Right/Wrong, Good/Bad, Evil/Righteous or any other label someone wants to place on someone or something are just that labels based on personal experience, prejudices and preconceived ideas based on fact or belief.   

Not quite. Gordon Duff, senior editor of Veterans Today has admitted to disseminating false information ...

Veterans Today - Gordon Duff 40% False Information Controversy

Gordon Duff of Veterans Today being interviewed by talk show hosts Mike Harris (Short End of the Stick), Kevin Barrett (Truth Jihad) and Jeff Rense (Jeff Rense Program).

Recording dates - October, November 2012

At 70m35s into the Mike Harris interview Duff makes the following statement:

"I don’t know know any imaginable way you can get information…First of all…Because, about 30%, based on what I believe…and you know what? Who says I’m right? According to my belief, and I have as good of, uh access to information as anyone in the world, probably, anyone I know of. About 30% of what’s written on Veterans Today, is patently false. About 40% of what I write, is at least purposely, partially false, because if I didn’t write false information I wouldn’t be alive. I simply have to do that. I write…anything I write I write between the lines."

The actual radio interview and more information is found here...

http://archive.org/details/GordonDuff.FalseInformationControversy

Now, since this interview Duff has tried to eradicate this radio broadcast and any mention of it from the internet. Not surprisingly he hasn't been successful.

Further, this disinformation website has been known to defame and libel legitimate veteran's organizations...

..."Alex Graham and Veterans Today Articles:

On April 28, 2015, Gordon “Alex” Graham issued a retraction to his Veterans Today articles and postings to his Asknod.com blog, both of which contained false and untrue information about Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP). In addition to his retraction, Mr. Graham issued an apology to WWP and all veterans for his “false, misleading and defamatory” statements.

In his retraction and apology, Mr. Graham admitted that his actions were not only false, but also harmful to the wounded servicemen and women we serve, and acknowledged the truth: that WWP positively impacts wounded veterans with our lifesaving services. Follow the link below to view the court documents.
•Alex Graham Consent Judgment (view retraction on page 3)"...

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/scam-information

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4658 on: May 13, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »
TP -

I see an orchestrated activity in Russia to present a united front to discredit and create chaos in NATO countries through the use of all media outlets which are controlled by the government.

I see very little organization in the West to do the same thing in reverse.  Moreover, most Western media outlets simply do not care about Russia.  Russia is not the center of media reporting as the West is in Russia.  In the US, I could name only  five or six outlets that regularly monitor activities by Russia or Russia's activities in Ukraine and other Eastern European countries. 

To the average American (USA'n?) Russia is an oddity, not the devil.   

Keep in mind that the West's economic machine brought down the Soviet Union.  Russia has fewer resources at its disposal than it did during that timeframe.  It is now one country, not an amalgamation of countries as it was then.  Petrodollars are not flowing into the coffers. 

Putin is playing with a busted flush and the West is upping the ante.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline TigerPaws

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4659 on: May 13, 2016, 12:44:21 PM »
TP -

I see an orchestrated activity in Russia to present a united front to discredit and create chaos in NATO countries through the use of all media outlets which are controlled by the government.

I see very little organization in the West to do the same thing in reverse.  Moreover, most Western media outlets simply do not care about Russia.  Russia is not the center of media reporting as the West is in Russia.  In the US, I could name only  five or six outlets that regularly monitor activities by Russia or Russia's activities in Ukraine and other Eastern European countries. 

To the average American (USA'n?) Russia is an oddity, not the devil.   

Keep in mind that the West's economic machine brought down the Soviet Union.  Russia has fewer resources at its disposal than it did during that timeframe.  It is now one country, not an amalgamation of countries as it was then.  Petrodollars are not flowing into the coffers. 

US Senators Introduce Bill to Counter Russian, Chinese 'Propaganda'Countering Russian Propaganda Abroad http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/10/countering-russian-propaganda-abroad[/url]Portman Delivers Speech on Bipartisan Bill to Counter Foreign Government Propaganda http://www.portman.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=B764E2E9-EFB5-4E90-9F16-0428FE7D4CBBThese are many, many more articles, but do not for a minute believe that it has not been going on by all sides for a very LONG time now. Russia is an east target just as the Soviet Union was during the Cold War. Back in the 60's there was never a missile gap, the U.S. had hundreds of more Nuclear capable missiles that Soviet Russia and the Pentagon knew it. Yet they perpetrated the lies over and over again and again.
Why? Simple answer funding for military spending, funding for the Military Industrial Complex and the rotating door of senior military personal to military contractor.
Russia is the Boogie Man that the criminals in power and behind the scenes can use at will to inflame the sheeple and justify their criminal behavior.
Russia is not blameless, every major government engages in propaganda to fit their agenda.

The major media's are simply tools in the propaganda/information war which rages daily.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4660 on: May 13, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »

A high carded busted flush does beat a low carded busted straight....We do have 19+trillion in real debt...I don't know that we can afford to up the ante like we used to.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4661 on: May 13, 2016, 07:06:14 PM »

A high carded busted flush does beat a low carded busted straight....We do have 19+trillion in real debt...I don't know that we can afford to up the ante like we used to.

Fathertime!

You don't think Saudi Arabia selling oil directly to Western Europe is a sign of racheting up against Russia? 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4662 on: May 13, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
You don't think Saudi Arabia selling oil directly to Western Europe is a sign of racheting up against Russia?
Saudi Arabia isn't a western nation, so I don't follow why you responded to the post I made (Pertaining to the West) by emphasizing that Saudi Arabia is selling oil to Western Europe.    Can you explain?

As far as your question, I would imagine Saudi Arabia is trying to sell and make money anywhere they can.  Do you interpret their primary motive is to be ratcheting up against Russia?

We do have over 19 Trillion in debt, and it continue to rise fairly rapidly, I just don't know if we can continue to 'raise the ante' and think somehow it can be paid for, without some real pain down the line.  I think that is a legit concern/consideration.   

Fathertime!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:26:00 PM by fathertime »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4663 on: May 13, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
Ever since 1917 Russia has blamed the west on all it's ills. Get a cold.. Blame the US.  Zika Virus.. Blame the CIA. Potato blight blame Ireland.  Plane crash.. Blame the Wright Brothers ect.

If the west organizes to show blame for Russia's aggression and the Kremlins thefts, or other mistakes that affect it's people then it's yet another thing to blame the west on.   :cluebat:

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4664 on: May 13, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
Not like they dont need the foreign currency !

Tourists complain of Muscovites: spit, rude, shouting "Yankee go home

All believe that foreign tourists are to blame for dysfunctional relations between Russia and the West and should be punished for it.

http://www.mk.ru/moscow/2016/05/11/inturisty-zhaluyutsya-na-moskvichey-plyuyutsya-grubyat-krichat-yanki-gou-khoum.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4665 on: May 14, 2016, 12:19:30 AM »
Father Time,

Who do you think is buying Saudi Arabian oil?  Western Europe!  That is the 'West' as I see it.  These countries were previously buying from Russia.  Now they are dealing their hard currency to someone other than the Kremlin.  The biggest threat that Russia holds on the world economy is that they could turn off the oil to Europe.  These Western countries think enough of such a threat that they are interested in shipping in oil rather than having it come through the pipeline, directly to them.

You have somewhat tunnel vision on the topic of US involvement overseas.  That is not necessarily a bad thing.  But the US is able to influence global events through its partners.  To me, Saudi Arabia and the US are very closely alligned in their foreign policy activities.  So, Russia heralds the breakup of OPEC.  Two days later the Saudis announce widespread sales activity into Western Europe.   

You might expand who you thing the West is.  My take is that it at least encompasses Western Europe and the US.  An argument could be brought forward to include close allies such as Saudi Arabia as Western Leaning.

I spoke above of pressure on the Russian government.  This is the same type of pressure that was brought to bear on the Soviet Union.  But!  Here is the big thing!  Russia is not insulated from international influence like it was in Soviet times where the population had little in expectations of living standards.  It does not have a ring of countries that could provide needed foodstuffs at the behest of the Kremlin. 

I see a much deeper impact on Russia this time around then that which happened in the late 1980s.  So, yup.  I think that the West (if not just the United States) is racheting up the pressure on Russia.  And as for the Western Europeans (and most Eastern European countries) I remind everyone how upset they are that Russia has brought war into mainland Europe again and changed the entire flavor of society there.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:28:57 AM by jone »

Offline mhr7

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4666 on: May 14, 2016, 03:03:11 AM »
Not like they dont need the foreign currency !

Tourists complain of Muscovites: spit, rude, shouting "Yankee go home

All believe that foreign tourists are to blame for dysfunctional relations between Russia and the West and should be punished for it.

http://www.mk.ru/moscow/2016/05/11/inturisty-zhaluyutsya-na-moskvichey-plyuyutsya-grubyat-krichat-yanki-gou-khoum.html
Several here spit and blow their nose at Russia and Russians all the time. What's the difference?
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4667 on: May 14, 2016, 04:09:14 AM »
And here's some more bad news which adds more colour to the paint being used by the Kremlin to whitewash its view of the world:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/world/a/31597796/editors-quit-russian-media-group-after-putin-family-reports/

I suppose the only saving grace is that they've been left to resign in relative peace, rather than being hauled off to the Lubyanka, never to be seen again.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4668 on: May 14, 2016, 06:15:24 AM »
Father Time,

Who do you think is buying Saudi Arabian oil?  Western Europe!  That is the 'West' as I see it.  These countries were previously buying from Russia.  Now they are dealing their hard currency to someone other than the Kremlin.  The biggest threat that Russia holds on the world economy is that they could turn off the oil to Europe.  These Western countries think enough of such a threat that they are interested in shipping in oil rather than having it come through the pipeline, directly to them.

ok..the way it was initially phrased it appeared the focus was on Saudi Arabia.... 
Unless Saudi Arabia is pumping more oil, a gain in market share in one place is a loss somewhere else.

You have somewhat tunnel vision on the topic of US involvement overseas.  That is not necessarily a bad thing.  But the US is able to influence global events through its partners.  To me, Saudi Arabia and the US are very closely alligned in their foreign policy activities.  So, Russia heralds the breakup of OPEC.  Two days later the Saudis announce widespread sales activity into Western Europe.   

Yes the US is able to disproportionately influence other nations through money and/or potential military action on behalf of any given nation.  I'm sure Russia and China are going to continue to take steps in an effort to slow that attempted expansion.  My impression is that nations on the outside of the Western fold feel they are involved in a rigged game.  Nations that don't play along, find trouble...Libya, Syria are some recent examples....Saudi Arabia plays, so they are encouraged and propped up by the US..whether they are a long term partner/friend is questionable though....

I see a much deeper impact on Russia this time around then that which happened in the late 1980s.  So, yup.  I think that the West (if not just the United States) is racheting up the pressure on Russia.  And as for the Western Europeans (and most Eastern European countries) I remind everyone how upset they are that Russia has brought war into mainland Europe again and changed the entire flavor of society there.

I question a deeper impact for Russia..I think they will weather the storm...meanwhile we will inflict a wound onto ourselves in the process....as we move towards 20trillion in debt, it shall become harder to pay the interest alone on this number without a growing economy, so that is the position we are in....a busted straight....

Fathertime! 

Offline TigerPaws

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4669 on: May 14, 2016, 06:31:26 AM »
Russian debt Clock: http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/russia

Russian GDP $ 2.099 trillion USD (2015 estimate)

Russian Population 143 million (rounded down)

U.S. Debt Clock: http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates

U.S GDP estimated to be $17.914 trillion as of Q2 2015

US Population 324 million (rounded up)

Comparing the two economies is problematical at best. 

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4670 on: May 14, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
""Russian GDP $ 2.099 trillion USD (2015 estimate)""

Sorry, you are way off in your estimate of the Russian (Nominal) GDP. $2.099 Trillion? Nope. Try $1.133 trillion . Tigerpaws, why do you post fake, made-up numbers that makes Russia look better than it actually deserves?

Pathetic how bad the Russian economy is relative  to the world's best economy.

(2015 estimate) US GDP (Nominal) per Capita = $56,421 

(2016 estimate) Russian GDP (Nominal) per Capita = $7,742 

Tigerpaws, just curious, why do you hate the U.S. so much? I see you post 14,000,000 times every day about how terrible and corrupt the US is, how wonderful and honest Russia is. OK fine. But why do you hate the US so much?

Offline TigerPaws

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4671 on: May 14, 2016, 08:54:32 AM »
""Russian GDP $ 2.099 trillion USD (2015 estimate)""

Sorry, you are way off in your estimate of the Russian (Nominal) GDP. $2.099 Trillion? Nope. Try $1.133 trillion . Tigerpaws, why do you post fake, made-up numbers that makes Russia look better than it actually deserves?

http://www.gfmag.com/global-data/country-data/russia-gdp-country-report A lot depends on who's numbers you want to believe, I have no agenda in what numbers are what.

Pathetic how bad the Russian economy is relative  to the world's best economy.

(2015 estimate) US GDP (Nominal) per Capita = $56,421 

(2016 estimate) Russian GDP (Nominal) per Capita = $7,742 

Tigerpaws, just curious, why do you hate the U.S. so much? I see you post 14,000,000 times every day about how terrible and corrupt the US is, how wonderful and honest Russia is. OK fine. But why do you hate the US so much?

Hate the U.S.? No, understand the corruption and some of the various agendas yes. Could the U.S. be better, sure, will it NOT in my lifetime or likely the lifetime of our daughter (if the country survives in its current form).

The U.S. is much less that it used to be, largely because a few have sought to profit from the countries decline. The list of contributing factors goes back many years, as an example take the dropping of the Gold standard by Nixon to NAFTA and the proposed Trans Pacific Trade Agreement which will be a disaster for American sovereignty.

People like Henry Kissinger who once said: "The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer." are part of the problem and there are many, many more.

Dose Russia have its issues? Without question so why do the political elite and the shrills in the media foster fear and hate? Why the propaganda?

To keep the focus of the American sheeple on someone and someplace other than what is going on in their own country.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4672 on: May 14, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »
> why do you hate the U.S. so much?

maybe it’s just easier to “scapegoat” a lifetime of failures (divorce, job loss, foreclosure) on something besides himself...

Online krimster2

• He/Him
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4673 on: May 14, 2016, 11:13:20 AM »

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4674 on: May 14, 2016, 05:29:12 PM »
In a further humiliation to midget putin, the country which he considers not a real country being Ukraine, wins this year's Eurovision Song Contest.

Ooops Russia even misses out on 2nd place, won by a country not even in Europe.

President huilo's country did managed to scrap in third, befitting of their third world status.

http://us.yahoo.com/music/26-countries-compete-final-eurovision-song-contest-111301645.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1928
Total: 1936

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Today at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM