It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: JUST GOT BACK FROM RUSSIA  (Read 7713 times)

Offline rockford75

• Married And Loving it!!!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
JUST GOT BACK FROM RUSSIA
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:21:44 AM »
Hello Guys and Gals,

Just got back from Russia a couple days ago. My wife is still there for another 4 months until she comes to Canada and to me. Its been along wait! I love Russia as much as I love my beautiful wife. I was in Moscow as well as Kazan beautiful cities. I also wanted to say I had no problems using the cash machines and using my Visa Mastercard even my bank card. But outside of Moscow CASH IS KING! So if you travel outside of Moscow just remember that. Iam not going to get into politics here as everyone has there own opinion about Russia and everything thats going on in the world today. But I do want to give a plug for a very beautiful country. Thats Russia! If you love history and seeing beautiful buildings and Museums and seeing some of the most beautiful ldies in the world i suggest you go and check Russia out for yourself.

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: JUST GOT BACK FROM RUSSIA
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:45:30 AM »
East or West, home is best!

Good that there is going to be another new Canadian with you soon!
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline rockford75

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »
East or West, home is best!

Good that there is going to be another new Canadian with you soon!
  Thanks Lily! As you already know it takes a long time for a Visa application to get processed by the Government. Id hate to have to start the process again now with all thats happening in the Ukraine crisis.

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:57 AM »
Hello Guys and Gals,

Just got back from Russia a couple days ago. My wife is still there for another 4 months until she comes to Canada and to me. Its been along wait! I love Russia as much as I love my beautiful wife. I was in Moscow as well as Kazan beautiful cities. I also wanted to say I had no problems using the cash machines and using my Visa Mastercard even my bank card. But outside of Moscow CASH IS KING! So if you travel outside of Moscow just remember that. Iam not going to get into politics here as everyone has there own opinion about Russia and everything thats going on in the world today. But I do want to give a plug for a very beautiful country. Thats Russia! If you love history and seeing beautiful buildings and Museums and seeing some of the most beautiful ldies in the world i suggest you go and check Russia out for yourself.

Good man!! Russia is a great country!! A great place to live also, despite all the propaganda   8)

Offline Gordon Styer

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 07:35:01 AM »
Yeah visas can take a long time to sort out. Good luck! And yes I agree with you, Russia is a beautiful country, leaving the politics aside. Did you get a chance to visit Saint Petersburg? What a great city...loads of stuff to do and Museums too!!

Offline rockford75

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:17:50 AM »
Good man!! Russia is a great country!! A great place to live also, despite all the propaganda   8)
   Actually my wife and I plan on living in Russia in the future. I love the country and the people,over there I dont pay attention much to the politics.

Offline rockford75

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 08:21:41 AM »
Yeah visas can take a long time to sort out. Good luck! And yes I agree with you, Russia is a beautiful country, leaving the politics aside. Did you get a chance to visit Saint Petersburg? What a great city...loads of stuff to do and Museums too!!

The first time i went to Russia back in 2011 I went to St Petersburg. But stupid me I Did 2 things wrong I went in winter and I only stayed a couple weeks. Beautiful city and lots to see and do. For a city like that you need at least a month to see the city. So much history and culture I plan on going again with my wife.

lordtiberius

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »
Welcome home.  I wonder if you or Steveboy who is in St. Pete could tell us something about the food prices there.  Food prices are going up everywhere but I wonder if it was more noticeable in Russia.  Thank you in advance.

Offline rockford75

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
Welcome home.  I wonder if you or Steveboy who is in St. Pete could tell us something about the food prices there.  Food prices are going up everywhere but I wonder if it was more noticeable in Russia.  Thank you in advance.

Those kinda sanctions were not in when i was in Russia. So I dont know about food prices sorry man!

Offline Subnuclear

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »
I just got back from Russia a few weeks ago. Food prices were still normal and much cheaper than when i was there in 2009. This may be because the different regions i was in . in 2009 in Ural Mtn Region and in Surgut,kogalym region it would cost me about 2500 Rubles to go out to dinner. In Ufa most dinners (eating expensive) were in the 1500 Ruble range for 2 people. Now if Saint Petersburg is anything like Moscow good luck to you. try to find the local eating places. the food isn't as Americanized but i often found the cafeteria style places which were only about 700 rubles for 2 good. Luckily i was with someone who could translate what all the foods were for me and helped me steer clear of Mayonaisse (which after working in Russia for 3 years i can no longer eat).

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »
I just got back from Russia a few weeks ago. Food prices were still normal and much cheaper than when i was there in 2009. This may be because the different regions i was in . in 2009 in Ural Mtn Region and in Surgut,kogalym region it would cost me about 2500 Rubles to go out to dinner. In Ufa most dinners (eating expensive) were in the 1500 Ruble range for 2 people. Now if Saint Petersburg is anything like Moscow good luck to you. try to find the local eating places. the food isn't as Americanized but i often found the cafeteria style places which were only about 700 rubles for 2 good. Luckily i was with someone who could translate what all the foods were for me and helped me steer clear of Mayonaisse (which after working in Russia for 3 years i can no longer eat).

That all depends on what you eat and the restaurants in which you eat. It makes a difference. The ruble was stronger against the dollar  in 09 than it is now

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 06:44:54 PM »
First,  :welcome: to the forum, Radiation Man! (Yes, I read your introductory post in the other thread).

I just got back from Russia a few weeks ago. Food prices were still normal and much cheaper than when i was there in 2009...Now if Saint Petersburg is anything like Moscow good luck to you. try to find the local eating places. the food isn't as Americanized but i often found the cafeteria style places which were only about 700 rubles for 2 good.

Totally agree - found a great blini/bakery establishment only 100 metres from my apartment in St Petersburg, where I could have dinner for the princely sum of about $5 (which included extra croissants to take away for my breakfast).  From memory, their croissants were about 14 rubles, compared with those at the airport which were 135 (although, admittedly, the latter were maybe double the size).

Luckily i was with someone who could translate what all the foods were for me and helped me steer clear of Mayonaisse (which after working in Russia for 3 years i can no longer eat).

You lived there for three years and never learnt the Russian names of food?  Do you speak any Russian at all?  And, if not (after that length of time in-country), why not?  I'm not busting your chops here, just wondering...  :devil:

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
You lived there for three years and never learnt the Russian names of food?  Do you speak any Russian at all?  And, if not (after that length of time in-country), why not?  I'm not busting your chops here, just wondering...  :devil:

This is pretty common here in USA.  Living here for long time and never learning the language.

It is allowed because there have been pretty good results from a multilanguge policy in Belgium and Quebec.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:52:26 PM by Drew »

Offline Subnuclear

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »
LOL sorry i didn't come back and read. The entire time i was over there i had a tag along translator ( i was there for work and our office in Moscow contracted out the services).

Both of my steady girlfriends when i was there spoke English (one better than me lol)

So i do a few things like go to the store for beer/milk...i know how to say bez luka because i HATE onions other than that..not much. a few simple phrases. I can sound out the words and if they are similar to English words i'm good to go though :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1882
Total: 1893

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM