It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine agencies  (Read 16539 times)

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Ukraine agencies
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 03:02:52 PM »
too many scammers in Ukraine from waht I hear..best to avoid that place

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
Odessa has all levels of shopping, from western malls and super markets down to starrushkas sitting on stoolchicks selling $1 worth of kartoshkie

if you want western style shopping with stated prices (a practice developed by Quaker merchants in the 19th century USA) you can have that 100%

OTOH, there are also several different kinds of food markets in Odessa, they're organized as a collection of independent kiosks under a "krisha" that kind of resembles a supermarket, in terms of segmenting the food, but with distinct vendors instead of just one central owner, more like a swap meet for food!

here you can find all kinds of interesting local produce!  you can find tender, former Ukrainian collective grown "heirloom" tomatoes that sell for about $1/pound, complete with dung still attached to the vines! 1 liter basket of raspberries when in season for about $4 plus a liter of locally grown honey for $2

over in the dairy section, you can carve off some butter from this huge block of butter, it costs about 50 cents/pound, unbelievable taste compared to USA supermarket butter

when I lived in Crimea, you could buy locally grown Crimean champagne for $3 a bottle

shopping tip, in the summer, the kiosk style markets that are on the inside will have have fewer flies on the meat than the kiosk style markets that are on the outside (and less mangy dogs as well!)

where ever you have a lot of traffic there's usually a starrushka or two selling samachkie or something similar
I recommend buying from them, because all good deeds help make the world a better place, no matter how small...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

I'm not saying it isn't expected, just that some people can't do so, and will pay full price, if they can afford it.

A little off topic, but . . . I once heard from a secretary, at a company that I did frequent consulting for, that she had paid full window sticker price for a new Honda Civic.  I really  felt terrible that she had not spoken to me (or one of several other persons) before that transaction.
She had absolutely no knowledge that no one paid full window sticker.  I'll bet the salesman  could hardly believe his luck.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 06:19:58 PM »
"too many scammers in Ukraine from waht I hear..best to avoid that place"

1. scammers are everywhere...
2. you can't cheat an honest man...
3. NOT going to Ukraine, for any reason, would be silly...

Offline msmob

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »
too many scammers in Ukraine from waht I hear..best to avoid that place

So now our serial single (he prefers not to confirm his creds to offer advice..no FSU g/f) is now suggesting where not to seek a bride...based on hearsay?

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »
So now our serial single (he prefers not to confirm his creds to offer advice..no FSU g/f) is now suggesting where not to seek a bride...based on hearsay?

whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »
"too many scammers in Ukraine from waht I hear..best to avoid that place"

1. scammers are everywhere...
2. you can't cheat an honest man...
3. NOT going to Ukraine, for any reason, would be silly...

By far the majority of scams emanate from Ukraine. however the Ukrainians I met in Moscow were cool people.  It was the Armenians you had to watch out for.  They did me wrong in a few business deals.

Don't know why OP is fixated on Ukraine.  I still say Russia is a better option.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »
A little off topic, but . . . I once heard from a secretary, at a company that I did frequent consulting for, that she had paid full window sticker price for a new Honda Civic.  I really  felt terrible that she had not spoken to me (or one of several other persons) before that transaction.
She had absolutely no knowledge that no one paid full window sticker.  I'll bet the salesman  could hardly believe his luck.

OUCH...dealer invoice price, look it up.

Online krimster2

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »
wait a minute Sting23...
you're warning people not to go to Ukraine...
but you've never been there yourself?

well, in that case...
don't go to Jupiter!
it's all a bit "ambiance du passé" if you know what I mean...

OTOH,
I have seen in Ukrainian villages, nubile, extremely fit, buxom green eyed blondes(is there any other kind?) who would do literally anything to escape the muddy winter streets and go spend a weekend in Istanbul with...

but hey, that's just me!

I'm married now, and all I have are my memories of this period of my life
I made love to a lot of beautiful women there, but it was never enough...

I never found the "perfect woman"
instead, I found the woman who was perfect for me...

that is what, I think...

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2018, 11:05:36 PM »
wait a minute Sting23...
you're warning people not to go to Ukraine...
but you've never been there yourself?

well, in that case...
don't go to Jupiter!
it's all a bit "ambiance du passé" if you know what I mean...

OTOH,
I have seen in Ukrainian villages, nubile, extremely fit, buxom green eyed blondes(is there any other kind?) who would do literally anything to escape the muddy winter streets and go spend a weekend in Istanbul with...

but hey, that's just me!

I'm married now, and all I have are my memories of this period of my life
I made love to a lot of beautiful women there, but it was never enough...

I never found the "perfect woman"
instead, I found the woman who was perfect for me...

that is what, I think...

hey krimster, I've never been to North Korea either but from what I hear it's a fun place!  Actually I'm sure Ukraine is not that bad.  Just seems to be a lot of scammers from what I hear.  Maybe their mentality is different from Russians.  Cool story. your wife is from Ukraine then I take it.

Online krimster2

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:42 AM »
the map is not the territory..
always value first hand information over hearsay...

Ukraine and Russia both have lots of scammers
if you get away from the big cities, Ukraine and Russia are quite similar

if you're hunting Russian Fox
Ukraine, is a far, far easier location to hunt in than Russia

no visa, a few hours less travel, and less paranoia...
and the conditions that produce abundant prey are more prevalent in Ukraine...

go to fields less hunted, where the prey has no experience being hunted, and where there are no other hunters...
and the prey won't even realize they're being hunted... ahhhh bliss...

stay thirsty, my friend...

Offline Boomstick77

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »
I’m not claiming to be a history buff. I was talking about how these people forged their personalities from their environment when things went sideways which seems like a common event and how knowing that was an advantage.. I could care less about Stalin,  I thought cyka blyat was a super model or some overpowered gopnik in a video game. I’ve been to Ukraine 40 to 50 straight days every two months and the only time I’ve had down time is my visa free days took a bit to recharge. So I’ve been to Ukraine almost a total of 500 times. My last visit was the 10th time. So I’ve spent a year and a half of my life in Ukraine partying and just enjoying it. My wife is from the ghetto of Dnipropetrovsk. It’s the district of Amir. If the gopniks don’t get you then the wild dogs will.

Even my wife got scammed by her own kind which I had a good laugh at. She went to a gypsie psychic to seek her future a while back and she seen my wife’s grandmothers ring on her finger. She asked to see it and put in a blanket and said some magic spells and got concerned. My wife thought oh no. What do you see. She said your going to have to leave the ring with me and bring tomorrow some coffee and tea so I can banish this evil. So she gave her some stupid stuffed teddy bear that said this will keep you safe for the time being and I will help you. Now go. My wife should have caught on to the scam when the gypsie had a preference of what kind of coffee it had to be because she said bring Nescafé gold and none of that cheap stuff. So the next day my wife returned and gave her the coffee and tea and said it will take a week for the spell to work so come back then. So a week passed and she went back to the apartment but the gypsie wasn’t there. The gypsie moved and stole her grandmothers ring, got free coffee and tea and 1500 hyrvnias.

Don’t get me wrong. Ukrainians are cool and I love that they are straight to the point and say what’s on their mind. But you have to adapt incredibly fast to their environment. We stand out like a sore thumb. Ukrainians have small jaws and cheap knockoff clothes. I wouldn’t say avoid Ukraine but if you are one of those middle class people who never tasted what real life is all about then maybe it isn’t a great idea. Yes I agree there’s scammers and hustlers everywhere but in Ukraine it’s an art. Most men that fall for the Ukrainian lure read that Ukrainian women are sweet and innocent and perfect wives compared to the west. I would agree but unless you know the score then they’ll take you for a ride without any care. They just would think stupid westerner. It’s their fault.

The worst part is...it seems like the good girls end up with sex tourists and the nice guys end up with scammers. That should tell you something. No matter what side of the world your from. All women seek one type of man that rules their heart. Western women call us jerks and FSU women call it strong men. The only difference is that Ukrainian women come with all the features that make women so cool that is an ancient relic over here. When your in a country where the saying if he hits me he loves me still prevails to this day. I’d never hit a woman ever. But being the lead and making stuff happens is an incredible turn on for these women and not taking their crap that one time of the month.

Online krimster2

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »
Boomstick77   WORD!

Ukraine is like “Survivor Island” only the ones willing to steal their neighbor’s food can survive there.  There’s an old Russian saying that translated into English means, “everyone survives by sucking the blood from someone else” this is a succinct description of how hard life is in Ukraine for “average” people.

There’s also a big gap in living standards between merely being impoverished in Kyiv or Odessa, vrs being miserably poor in a small village where generation after generation suffered the same lack of education and job prospects that only city dwellers had, here poverty is hard and deep

This is primo hunting territory!!!!!

There are always nubile young girls here whose main dream is to escape their dreary existence.
average 20-something here has never been taken to a restaurant, never had jewelry bought for them, never been out of the country...

you can provide these things, the things she dreams about
you will not have to worry about “quid-pro-quo”

literally, it’s you living your fantasy
with her living hers

and I freakin gave that up to get married,
so please ignore whatever I say, obviously I’m a pridorik...

Offline msmob

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:33 AM »
whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

You understand very well.... You just aren't going to fess up to being in no position to advise on Ukraine or  FSU partners... you being in a long term relationship. ....not...

Warning: Next time you mock Trench, check how black your own Kettle is..

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »
the map is not the territory..
always value first hand information over hearsay...

Ukraine and Russia both have lots of scammers
if you get away from the big cities, Ukraine and Russia are quite similar

if you're hunting Russian Fox
Ukraine, is a far, far easier location to hunt in than Russia

no visa, a few hours less travel, and less paranoia...
and the conditions that produce abundant prey are more prevalent in Ukraine...

go to fields less hunted, where the prey has no experience being hunted, and where there are no other hunters...
and the prey won't even realize they're being hunted... ahhhh bliss...

stay thirsty, my friend...

I don't always go to Russia, but when I do, I go to Moscow.  Having worked and lived there already I've got a good network of friends.  Anywhere in the FSU is gonna cause trouble, if you don't know what you're doing.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2018, 01:48:57 PM »
Boomstick77   WORD!
There’s also a big gap in living standards between merely being impoverished in Kyiv or Odessa, vrs being miserably poor in a small village where generation after generation suffered the same lack of education and job prospects that only city dwellers had, here poverty is hard and deep

This is primo hunting territory!!!!!

There are always nubile young girls here whose main dream is to escape their dreary existence.
average 20-something here has never been taken to a restaurant, never had jewelry bought for them, never been out of the country...

That ghetto huh?  guess Ukrainians got it hard.  Everyone in Moscow I met had jobs or worked.  I've passed through a few smaller towns and they ain't much to look at.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »
hey, a better idea is if you set up your own agency and make a killing off all the dudes going to Ukraine trying to find a wife!!

Online krimster2

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »
knock...knock....

it's me, I took your advice....

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »
knock...knock....

it's me, I took your advice....

sweet dude, now start peddling dem wares on here! i know a member or 2 who needs help lol

Offline msmob

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
Indeed we do))

Online krimster2

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
oh, my bad...
when you said "killing", I thought you meant ...

oh no, I don't want to make $$$

I’m hoping to re-experience past memories vicariously through the actions of another...
but most of you guys are just not very adventurous...
maybe one day I will find a NOOB on this board who has potential, but just lacks knowledge, who in return for my help as a guide would let me be their co-pilot...

I think a list of stories should be told and shared!
let us men sit around the campfire

We should each tell the story of a romantic conquest we made in the FSU

the life of a Western libertine in the post-Soviet Union
Don Juan on the Don!

who shall begin?

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »
People can write all sorts of stuff online to boast and what not.  Sure got alot of cowboys here.  Those who lived it knows what's up.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2018, 12:55:50 AM »
Moby, take the picture of your Wife down. It is in very poor taste. Just trust me on this, it is in very poor taste.

You are not competing against anyone on RWD. Noone cares who has the hottest Wife. It doesn’t matter. I know you and Sting sometimes disagree and butt heads. That is fine, nothing wrong with arguing a little bit. But leave SC out of yall’s disagreements. Man come on, she is innocent. SC is just an innocent bystander. SC doesn’t know who Sting is, doesn’t care who Sting is. She is innocent so leave her alone and remove her bikini pic.

You talk about a certain member who exhibits a pathological degree of misogyny. You are no better than Trenchcoat when you put this picture of SC up, scantily clad, for a bunch of anonymous, horny men on this website to ogle over. Sexual objectification in its worst form.

SC is your Princess. Treat her as your Princess. Love her. Respect her. Protect her. Cherish Her. She should be your everything. Take her picture down Moby. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2018, 01:34:30 AM »
That ghetto huh?  guess Ukrainians got it hard.  Everyone in Moscow I met had jobs or worked.  I've passed through a few smaller towns and they ain't much to look at.

Would this 'expert opinion' be as accurate as yours  of the UK?

Could I suggest you haven't scratched the surface and  have you been to Ukraine to comment on the women or 'ghettos?

You will note you thought it was OK to ask Trench his creds to comment on Moscow...So do try not to obuscate

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2018, 01:35:44 AM »
Would this 'expert opinion' be as accurate as yours  of the UK?

Could I suggest you haven't scratched the surface and  have you been to Ukraine to comment on the women or 'ghettos?

You will note you thought it was OK to ask Trench his creds to comment on Moscow...So do try not to obuscate

hey whatcha talkin'g about Willis

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1970
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM