It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Guess Who I Am  (Read 7043 times)

Offline ChickMagnet

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Guess Who I Am
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »
Who am I? Well this shouldn't be too difficult for some you with grey hair, especially if you look at the last hint.

How many eyes just looked at the last hint before reading this sentence?

I've been married to a wonderful Russian lady for 10 years.

I began communication with her in October of 2003, before Skype, Viber, and WhatsApp.
(yea Skype was available in August of 2003 but I didn't know)

I've been to Russia about 15 times.

I was about to be banned from this board before I resigned.

I like to debate.

I proposed to my wife during the first week I met her in person.

Offline southernX

Re: Guess Who I Am
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
Who am I?

who cares ?

;D nah , im sure someone will come along to poke at you soon enough  :)

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline lonedrake

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:16:15 AM »
I've been married to a wonderful Russian lady for 10 years.

Congratulations!

Are we guessing your real name or just online name?

What do we win?

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
You win a trip to Russia. You'll have to pay for it though.

My old name is Markus. I started that post at the top about posting pictures of you and your lady.

I'm just popping in to let folks know I'm still married to the same gal. Somehow she has put up with me for 10 years.

Mark

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:03:12 AM »

Who am I? Well this shouldn't be too difficult for some you with grey hair, especially if you look at the last hint.

I proposed to my wife during the first week I met her in person.

That could be a hundred people here!

Somehow she has put up with me for 10 years.

Mark

Grats Mark! Going 10 years without getting banned is a good thing.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
Welcome back Mark.  It is good to hear that your married life is going well after 10 years.  Any kids?

IIRC, you had a few spirited discussions with KenC. 

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 07:42:52 PM »
Gator,

Thanks. No kids. Wife miscarried once and no go since.  Yea it was me with Kenc. Good memory.

Offline lonedrake

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »

Yea it was me with Kenc.

Ken. C. stopped by a few months ago.  I think time has mellowed him as he didn't really do the whole spirited debate thing. Seems he was doing good.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 03:39:27 AM »
Congrats Mark. Shows how crazy those RW are to put up with you.  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:30 PM »
Gator,

Thanks. No kids. Wife miscarried once and no go since.  Yea it was me with Kenc. Good memory.

Sorry to learn about the miscarriage.  This can be a serious issue with many women, yet it seems your wife has resolved it.  I wish the two of you the best.

My vcomment about KenC was easy because KenC had spirited discussions with many. 

Let me test my memory some more.  Did you not go by the handle OWW as in OneWeekWonder?  And you would return every few months to show that life was good, contrary to KenC and others who predicted failure because of language barriers, OWW engagement, etc.?

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
I liked Ken C. He was very candid about things when his relationship went south. He was almost the rabble rouser my buddy jb was (almost). Maybe we need a new category on the forum after "Starting Out", "Experienced"........we could have "Geezers". Those at this process....and/or married more than 10 years :-)

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »
Congrats Mark. Shows how crazy those RW are to put up with you.  ;D

I agree. Amazing isn't it?

She's in Russia right now and I'm doing my annual alone at home thing. I was blessed with a wonderful lady. She
puts up with a lot but I think a mixture of finding a good women with trying to be the best husband I can be has worked.
I always say it's the husband's duty to make his wife know that she is the most important part of his life. That's what I
have tried to do.

This time of the year she goes to Russia. I flew with her there and came back. Then I go out of town for opening season
of duck hunting in the U.P. of Michigan.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »

Ken. C. stopped by a few months ago.  I think time has mellowed him as he didn't really do the whole spirited debate thing. Seems he was doing good.

I pop in once in a while and read the board. I think after you get divorced in this process, the debating part would decrease.
I know if I experienced what he did I would be devastated. He was strong enough to talk about it on this board.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »
I remember your spat with 'jb' once at the old RWG before you went to RWD. You went by the handle 'JMark'. I remember sending you a PM for consolation. I went by the moniker Matt123 and eventually became Bodine when Spencer sold the site ever so suddenly.

Congratulations on your marriage longevity.

Texas also had another 'Mark' besides you and he also got heat for being a 'one week wonder' - MarkinTxs, then MarkfromTexas. I believe he's still also married and are living in Pittsburg somewhere.

Sweet irony, no?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:49:08 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »
Sorry to learn about the miscarriage.  This can be a serious issue with many women, yet it seems your wife has resolved it.  I wish the two of you the best.

My vcomment about KenC was easy because KenC had spirited discussions with many. 

Let me test my memory some more.  Did you not go by the handle OWW as in OneWeekWonder?  And you would return every few months to show that life was good, contrary to KenC and others who predicted failure because of language barriers, OWW engagement, etc.?

Gator,

Your memory serves you well. I was OWW and the situation where Kenc coined that term.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
I remember your spat with 'jb' once at the old RWG before you went to RWD. You went by the handle 'JMark'. I remember sending you a PM for consolation. I went by the moniker Matt123 and eventually became Bodine when Spencer sold the site ever so suddenly.

Congratulations on your marriage longevity.

Texas also had another 'Mark' besides you and he also got heat for being a 'one week wonder' - MarkinTxs, then MarkfromTexas. I believe he's still also married and are living in Pittsburg somewhere.

Sweet irony, no?

GQ,

Wow, RWG, now that's a memory. I don't know if that JB dude has ever developed a nice bone in him. It seems the guy was mostly unhappy and ready to trainwreck everyone. He's got to be about 80 now.

The other Mark, I didn't know he was a OWW

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »
I liked Ken C. He was very candid about things when his relationship went south. He was almost the rabble rouser my buddy jb was (almost). Maybe we need a new category on the forum after "Starting Out", "Experienced"........we could have "Geezers". Those at this process....and/or married more than 10 years :-)

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Are you a Yooper? I have land there and just got back from duck hunting.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »
GQ,

Wow, RWG, now that's a memory. I don't know if that JB dude has ever developed a nice bone in him. It seems the guy was mostly unhappy and ready to trainwreck everyone. He's got to be about 80 now.

The other Mark, I didn't know he was a OWW

I believe he was. Although what they gave him a hard time on was, IIRC, his GF then apparently had sex with him fairly fast and the lynching mob went after that like flies on a carcass.

Not sure how old jb is today. he was tough. Especially tough on newbies that had bitten hard on the MOB myth. What I can tell you about him from my own personal experience was he offered me assistance during my first trip through PM to help navigate my way around Moscow. Then he also gave me an advise I still respect today for him being both direct, honest and refreshing.

But yes...a long time ago but seems like yesterday.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »
GQBlues,

I remember that "rascal & rabble rouser"....................BODINE  :-)
You may remember me from the old RWG........................................................CAPT B  :-) My trip reports were "A Yooper in Moscovia"

ChickMagnet,

I lived in Marquette....in the upper....for 30 years. Love the place......and the UP in general. The most fantastic natural wonder in the UP: Kitchiteekippee
or Big Spring......a few miles out of Mannistique.............AWESOME!!!!! We now reside in Gaylord Michigan.....in the upper lower peninsula. We sold our house in Marquette about two years ago. We are currently looking for a second home in the Fort Myers/ Cape Coral area of Florida. We still own a 7 acre lot with 1/2 interest in a tiny lake.......behind the old Negaunee airport.....on Wilderness Road.....in the upper.

On that "character"........JB. We have been good friends.........for 15+ years. A significant portion of RWG & RWD members thought he was an A$$. I knew better. Our styles were completely opposite in dealing with the morons......and the clueless. I liked to use intellect & sarcasm.....with a little patience. JB liked..........well........being JB :-)  Very intelligent & educated.........but little patience for the clueless........the "repeaters"......those who continued to "repeat" their mistakes........hoping for a different outcome. I just never bothered with those folks........but always had a good laugh....went JB went ballistic :-)

JB probably has more experience with....and in Russia....than anyone else here. He made several annual trips to Russia for 25 years. He worked for Halliburton. Anyone in Russia who has anything to do with the technical and sysmic aspects of oil & natural gas mining (especially Gazprom)......probably learned their trade.......from him. Gazprom also sent many groups to Houston, Texas......with mining opperations taught by.....JB. He knew his future wife........for most of those years......as a friend. First.....he was married......she was single. Then.....she was married.....he was divorced. Then........she later divorced. 25 years later......he decided that a RW was in the cards for him. He wrote to several women in the Moscow area......most spoke no english. So he contacted his "friend"....Irina....to be his interpreter. After the last woman was interviewed.....Irina looked at him and said....."John"........is there something wrong with "me". "Am I not attractive......why do you choose these "other" women. John never did contact those "other" women. Talk about taking the bull by the horns. John does not lack confidence......but he did confide that he thought such a beautiful "friend"........would never be interested in him. Before we met.....before my first trip to Russia......we became friends. Every Saturday nite......for 3 o4 hours........we had "cocktails" with our discussions of Russia.....and RW. This went on for several years......until we both eventually married. Many were overwhelmed by his "crustiness".......I read between the lines......and found a friend who always had my back. A few years ago my wife and I visited them in Corpus christi....where they reside. We had a great time.

In our talks......after they became a "couple" (two years or so).........I asked "what is the problem....... when are you going to propose"? JB was still a little injured from his divorce.....although many years had passed.......he was a little gun shy. When he came back from the "proposal" visit......he was walking on air. Six months later.......I was his best man.....for his wedding in Moscow. I was dating a doctor in Moscow....at the time. I coordinated my next visit.......with his wedding. We had the reception at Irina's apartment.........most of the guest were RW.......most were very attractive. About 20 guests in all. JB and I were standing on the balcony......french doors closed.......looking at all the beautiful women flitting about....inside. We each had a Cuban cigar.......and a nice glass of cognac........................life was good...........

You never know the folks on a forum like this.......unless you meet them in person. For every "tirade".......there was someone who JB helped......"OFF" the board.

Gator,

I think you had more than a few discussions........with JB.....also...

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:19:10 PM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »
GQBlues,

I remember that "rascal & rabble rouser"....................BODINE  :-)
You may remeber me from the old RWG........................................................CAPT B  :-) ...

Of course I do. Still remember when you were preparing for the trip. Bodine was far less a rebel rouser than SmoothOperator. But even he is a great guy.

Offline Gator

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
Capt B,

You were John's Best Man!!!   I am impressed because that is a high honor. 

Yes, I had a few talks with JB.  Unlike his crusty persona in replying to the ignorant at RWG and RWD, he was warm in personal discussions.  And a very smart man.  He and I did some global water budget calculations in discussing global warming, and he understood the science.  He really surprised me when we started discussing the mammoth found frozen in Siberia with undigested plant matter in its stomach.  It turns out that through some of his Russian energy friends, he had dined on mammoth.  How many people can claim that?!

When John saw a photo of my Cossack wife when we first met, he was full of praise and encouragement.  He advised me about the Cossacks and their sense of family values.

JB's wife is highly educated.  She was able to obtain a teaching position with a nearby university at their home in Texas. 

Yes, a really good man, and having a natural personality for a RW.   

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »
CaptB,

You're a real Yooper!. I'm a Berrypicker from what I'm told since I'm from Texas. But I own land north of Land O Lakes, WI. I'm hoping to build something
up there eventually. I stay with someone else when I visit and we are out in the booneys. I just got back from duck hunting up there. They raised
the nonresident hunting license of there big time. I'm not happy with that.

When I'm in Russia and show pictures of my land, the folks in Russia say it looks like Russia and it does. It was full fall colors when I visited. Very beautiful.

I am quite impressed that you know JB very good. Could you tell him that the Cowboys beat the Texans today for me? I'm an America's Team Fan.

Real personalities can be misconstrued when assessing someone from posts. I take your word about JB. I'm sure I've been branded a few times from posts.
Tell him I said howdy.

I haven't exchanged thoughts with him in several years but he was pretty much a jerk when I did. The good thing about that is a man must be confident in
his method. I pat the folks on shoulder who run their thoughts thru this board in the beginning. I think it's good to receive the opinions of folks who have
been there and done that. For me, I hung in there justifying myself way back then with him and I'm still here experiencing what I set out to do. But, I think
JB should read Dale Carnegie's book on "How To Win Friends and Influence People." That book IMO is a must read for anyone. I've read it several times.

I do training at work and I find myself getting more impatient with training folks as I get older. Perhaps JB is that way on this board. But it's good to know that
you know him first hand and I appreciate your remarks about him.

Thanks for the response

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1761
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1752
Total: 1762

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM