It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to Visit Many without lying?  (Read 122177 times)

Offline brownbeard99

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
How to Visit Many without lying?
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
Mr Beard, I found your first thread here from 3 years ago under introductions. You had quite the thread. Just wondering what you had done/learned in your life since then. Did you ever take that trip to an FSU country?
I found one post that summed up much of your thread:
I’m not sure I get your point. You want to cleverly insult me, but can’t, so you resurrect a three year old post that is dead wrong on 90% of it’s content?

I’m flattered that you would go to such lengths for me, but you are missing the mark by a long shot.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »
Just interested in what changes you made to better yourself. Or if you were same guy looking for a young beautiful girl? We are all looking to make ourselves a better person in some ways.
Thank you for coming back, most guys we never hear from again.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:27:19 PM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2018, 05:29:20 PM »
Hey.

I'm willing to give this gal the benefit of the doubt.   More power to you Mr. Beard.  I can tell you that I am way out of my league with the woman I've been with for the past year and a half.  Don't know what she sees in me.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »
BB I don't have any disdain for you but you should know that most girls will at some point want the guy to travel to them to meet. So if you tell a girl you are going to travel to Turkey while a joke is ok she will tire at some point if you do not meet.

If you are wealthy and have the time on your hands it's best to travel to the FSU to get the low down on it all. In general it's good fun apart from the odd difficultly here and there that you just need to ride out.

Going it alone has never bothered me at all in life and many members here it doesn't either. For many though I can understand if it does particularly first time out can be quite daunting particularly on arrival. It's a very different looking culture and there can be some culture shock even for travellers who have travelled to other places abroad. I wouldn't look down at all on people who don't wish to do it alone, it can be a safer and more reassuring option for a first timer.

I think if you have the money consider either using a decently respected marriage agency or even an AFA tour. Some members here look down in either or both but for first timers it may nor be a bad option. With a tour you'll be with a load of other guys, mostly from the US. Everything will be sorted for you, and catered for western tastes. You'll get to meet a load of women at each venue specifically held for thd tour. I don't even discount for myself in the next year or so.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »
Just interested in what changes you made to better yourself. Or if you were same guy looking for a young beautiful girl? We are all looking to make ourselves a better person in some ways.
Thank you for coming back, most guys we never hear from again.

Okay, if you really want to know, shortly after that post, I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. I almost died in the hospital multiple times. I was getting ready to submit my application for a heart transplant. The doctors gave me 3-5 years to live sans transplant.

For the first year or so, I lived every day like it was my last. I partied, bought my first non-sensible car, and slept with a ton of women.

Then, a scary thing happened... the medication and reduced stress lifestyle worked so well that my heart started recovering very rapidly without surgery.  The doctors said I may fully recover and live a normal life.  This made me take inventory of everything.  I was given a second chance to live the life I want to live and be the person I truly want to be.

There is no point to get into all the details, but the short answer is, “I have changed virtually everything about who I am”.

There were many things about myself I didn’t like and I changed those things.  Any posts you read from back then may as well have been written by a different person.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2018, 05:51:06 PM »
BB I don't have any disdain for you but you should know that most girls will at some point want the guy to travel to them to meet. So if you tell a girl you are going to travel to Turkey while a joke is ok she will tire at some point if you do not meet.

If you are wealthy and have the time on your hands it's best to travel to the FSU to get the low down on it all. In general it's good fun apart from the odd difficultly here and there that you just need to ride out.

Going it alone has never bothered me at all in life and many members here it doesn't either. For many though I can understand if it does particularly first time out can be quite daunting particularly on arrival. It's a very different looking culture and there can be some culture shock even for travellers who have travelled to other places abroad. I wouldn't look down at all on people who don't wish to do it alone, it can be a safer and more reassuring option for a first timer.

I think if you have the money consider either using a decently respected marriage agency or even an AFA tour. Some members here look down in either or both but for first timers it may nor be a bad option. With a tour you'll be with a load of other guys, mostly from the US. Everything will be sorted for you, and catered for western tastes. You'll get to meet a load of women at each venue specifically held for thd tour. I don't even discount for myself in the next year or so.

TC, I guess you missed the context of my joke to the girl. I am already planning on meeting her. I fully explained to her from the beginning that I had a VO trip planned, but decided the girl was not right for me, so I broke things off with that girl.  I told her I didn’t want to waste my ticket and I would like to fly and meet her instead .  She doesn’t feel like a second choice because I met her AFTER I ended things with the first girl.  I see this basically as the same strategy guys use when a VO trip goes bad... in my case, the VO trip went bad before I got on the plane.

Anyway, I plan on seeing the girl in two weeks. She is going to Turkey next week, so the joke was only about seeing her a week early.  I probably shouldn’t have done it, but it was nice to see her reaction... she was excited and not freaked out by the idea.

Offline LAman

« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
Okay, if you really want to know, shortly after that post, I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. I almost died in the hospital multiple times. I was getting ready to submit my application for a heart transplant. The doctors gave me 3-5 years to live sans transplant.

For the first year or so, I lived every day like it was my last. I partied, bought my first non-sensible car, and slept with a ton of women.

Then, a scary thing happened... the medication and reduced stress lifestyle worked so well that my heart started recovering very rapidly without surgery.  The doctors said I may fully recover and live a normal life.  This made me take inventory of everything.  I was given a second chance to live the life I want to live and be the person I truly want to be.

There is no point to get into all the details, but the short answer is, “I have changed virtually everything about who I am”.

There were many things about myself I didn’t like and I changed those things.  Any posts you read from back then may as well have been written by a different person.

Well, good for you. Must have been terrible for your kids. As we age, health becomes a major issue. Good luck!!

Please don't take anything I say as personal, I always felt like a learned the most from my detractors. I am not big on the pats on the back....go get um kid!!

Offline LAman

« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2018, 05:56:25 PM »
Hey.

I'm willing to give this gal the benefit of the doubt.   More power to you Mr. Beard.  I can tell you that I am way out of my league with the woman I've been with for the past year and a half.  Don't know what she sees in me.

Did you ever wonder if she thought...… what does he see in me??? ))

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #283 on: November 15, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »

Well, good for you. Must have been terrible for your kids. As we age, health becomes a major issue. Good luck!!

Please don't take anything I say as personal, I always felt like a learned the most from my detractors. I am not big on the pats on the back....go get um kid!!

Thanks,

It was extremely difficult. I am all my kids have really... their moms are not very involved in their lives.  They would like to have a stepmom who is not abusive.  They don’t expect a lot... just someone who will be nice to them.

I actually listen to my detractors (as much as possible). A very limited few people like to throw insults and offer nothing constructive... I ignore them.

Keep the constructive criticism flowing... it helps me and also all the noobs out there who are afraid to post questions in fear of being attacked.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #284 on: November 15, 2018, 06:40:10 PM »
I’m sure if I get engaged, these same board members will say She is using me.  If I am happily married for ten years, they will say I am lying...

When I wrote about my search, it got hostile. I said the girl was family oriented and described her behavior and some thought she was going to use me. I got married to her and some said my marriage didn't exist. Next month I'll be 7 years married and some, behind PMs, tell each other my marriage is going to fail. I first communicated with my wife 9 years ago and they are still trying to convince themselves they are right after all this time.

What I've come to realize there are some idiots that see the world differently than I. My version of a good girl is a bad girl to them and my version of a bad girl is a good girl to them so they'd never choose the kind of women I'd choose. I've concluded they'll never have the same success I'm having in relationships, business, and in life. So if you're wise, learned from past mistakes, a good judge in the people you're dealing with, you'll be fine.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2018, 08:11:09 PM »
"Mr Beard, I found your first thread here from 3 years ago under introductions."

oh no!
the Beard has been "busted"!!!!
and shown to all the world for what he REALLY is....
a Face Fungus Desperado

poor UW, they have no idea....
they will about 5 min after first meeting

good work LAman

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2018, 09:13:34 PM »
When I wrote about my search, it got hostile. I said the girl was family oriented and described her behavior and some thought she was going to use me. I got married to her and some said my marriage didn't exist. Next month I'll be 7 years married and some, behind PMs, tell each other my marriage is going to fail. I first communicated with my wife 9 years ago and they are still trying to convince themselves they are right after all this time.

What I've come to realize there are some idiots that see the world differently than I. My version of a good girl is a bad girl to them and my version of a bad girl is a good girl to them so they'd never choose the kind of women I'd choose. I've concluded they'll never have the same success I'm having in relationships, business, and in life. So if you're wise, learned from past mistakes, a good judge in the people you're dealing with, you'll be fine.
Thanks for the warning! I expect there may be at least one pathetic loser who will troll me for years to come. I feel sorry for people that can’t manage their own miserable lives so they spread their gloom and hate in the only place they feel they have any control or power... on an anonymous forum.

There are a lot of good people on here, and as the old adage goes... eat the watermelon, spit out the seeds.  I can’t imagine being so pathetic that I would go on a forum designed to help people in the FSU marriage process and try to discourage, belittle and torment them.  To each his own, I guess...

Online krimster2

« Reply #287 on: November 15, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
“I feel sorry for people that can’t manage their own miserable lives so they spread their gloom and hate in the only place they feel they have any control or power... on an anonymous forum.”

don’t feel sorry for ME Beard, save your pity for the poor UW you may or may not meet
and for yourself

nor is there “gloom or hate from me"
just RIDICULE...
for the simple reason that YOU ARE RIDICULOUS

and you’re SO EMOTIONALLY FRAGILE for such a big TOUGH dude....
so I’m thinking, you’re not REALLY a big tough dude at all
in fact, most of your self description
just sounds like BS

and YOU calling someone else’s life miserable, is PRICELESS!!!

do go on....
I love your style of ironic comedy, I’m a HUGE fan

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:54:20 PM by krimster2 »

Offline JayH

« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2018, 09:42:29 PM »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2018, 10:04:17 PM »
Okay, my trip is fast approaching and I’m trying to get a handle on the logistical aspects of some things before I go.  Any help would be appreciated.

I’m still undecided about whether or not I should rent a car.  I haven’t picked out an apartment, but it will probably be close to the city center (where the girl I am visiting lives).  This will be a VO trip if all goes well.  Any opinions on if people think I will really need a car?  She doesn’t drive.  If I get a car, is the parking situation difficult most places?

From what I have read, most places take credit cards.  I’m not planing on being extavigant with this girl.  Should $500 cash be enough?  Does it matter if I bring $20’s or $100’s as far as exchanging goes?

If I don’t rent car and I exchange money away from the airport, does that mean Uber is my best bet for transportation from the airport?

Also, people say don’t get a SIM card at the airport. How am I supposed to get a ride without a sim and without Ukrainian money?

What kind of gift (if anything) is appropriate when meeting a girl I have only been talking to for a few weeks?  I don’t want to be rude, but I don’t want to be over the top either.

In the US, I usually greet a date I have never met before with a hug, and sometimes a kiss on the cheek.  Is this an appropriate greeting in Ukraine?

What kind of dress style is most appropriate? Chinos or khakis with a button down shirt?  Jeans?  Should I bring a suit if we go somewhere nice?

That’s all for now.  Thanks in advance everyone!

Offline Davo2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »

From what I have read, most places take credit cards.  I’m not planing on being extavigant with this girl.  Should $500 cash be enough?  Does it matter if I bring $20’s or $100’s as far as exchanging goes?

If I don’t rent car and I exchange money away from the airport, does that mean Uber is my best bet for transportation from the airport?

Also, people say don’t get a SIM card at the airport. How am I supposed to get a ride without a sim and without Ukrainian money?

What kind of gift (if anything) is appropriate when meeting a girl I have only been talking to for a few weeks?  I don’t want to be rude, but I don’t want to be over the top either.

In the US, I usually greet a date I have never met before with a hug, and sometimes a kiss on the cheek.  Is this an appropriate greeting in Ukraine?

What kind of dress style is most appropriate? Chinos or khakis with a button down shirt?  Jeans?  Should I bring a suit if we go somewhere nice?

+ one for this advice.... First trip is fast approaching

Offline JayH

« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2018, 10:50:01 PM »
Okay, my trip is fast approaching and I’m trying to get a handle on the logistical aspects of some things before I go.  Any help would be appreciated.

I’m still undecided about whether or not I should rent a car.  I haven’t picked out an apartment, but it will probably be close to the city center (where the girl I am visiting lives).  This will be a VO trip if all goes well.  Any opinions on if people think I will really need a car?  She doesn’t drive.  If I get a car, is the parking situation difficult most places?

You are going to Kyiv -- correct? Staying in Kyiv?
Presuming that is the case-
Unless a very competent capable driver -- do not do car.
If staying in centre --car can be a liability if you do not know where you are staying  .

Who says "do not get a sim at airport"?   The exact opposite is my strongest advice,
Turn left as you enter Ukraine-- and several companies are alongside each other  -- go see  Lifecell  --  English no problem.
Get sim  -- pay for wifi and calls sms -- say  put $ 10  ish ( UAH250-300 -that is plenty -- and/or ask your girl what company she uses and use that( freecall/sms to same provider.
Getting that organised IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO ON ARRIVAL>

Gift -- something very very modest and generalised -- you can easily buy things anywhere later.
Greeting-- hold hand out and move to kiss on cheek-- read the body language on any bigger hug-- show respect.
On  cash --   take crisp $100   and change  that-- do not bother with smaller notes. $500 in cash is good --if you are able to draw more via ATM  -- make sure your bank is aware of what you are doing.
Credit cards  ( Visa & mastercard) have wide acceptance but never assume they will be accepted or that machine is working on any given day-- so always have cash just in case.
$USD can be exchanged or used anywhere -- given the smallish amounts I would use UAH to pay as it saves getting yourself confused or putting any pressure on yourself. You can get a lot more on the street to exchange Euros or USD -- but !!Generally speaking -- separate money and only expose to about what you need at any time publicly-there is no point in making yourself a potential target !

You can exchange cash at airport --there is an ATM opposite the phone people-- to the left of Car Hire people.The exchange rate  may not be the best( I still think ok) but you need money immediately--I think to pay for sim and credit you will need actual cash.

Clothes -- there is a thread somewhere -- forget a suit-- forget US country club jacket style( if that is you !!!!) Smart casual -- it is going to be cold outside ( It has been snowing the last few days and more forecast) . Dress jeans are ok-- that means tailored not daggy baggy ! Plain coloured shirts-- not loud check.

I cannot comment on Uber -never used them.  I have my own driver I call if needed -- but I usually drive myself -- note- that is unusual .Personally-- I do not see what is so hard about haggling with taxi driver !  It is about 40kms  to downtown so paying a reasonable amount to take you to a precise location is not such a bad deal   max UAH400 including tip !
Write the address of where you want to go very clearly on a piece of paper and use that to show potential drivers - haggle-tell them you will catch the bus ( details somewhere on net  & here on forum)
Do not worry about being understood --it is not that hard for anyone with a little common sense.( that would not be Trenchcoat or anything whatsover he writes)
Get Google translate   working on your phone-it can be really useful.

Maybe check this out?http://taxi-borispol.com/
from the site --= TAXI FROM AIRPORT BORISPOL TO KIEV - €20 OR $23 (STANDARD CAR FOR 1-3 PAX)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:18:25 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

« Reply #292 on: November 15, 2018, 11:09:21 PM »
+ one for this advice.... First trip is fast approaching

Okay, first of all:

If you are taking $100 bills, make sure they are of the new variety.   In Russia, I know, they will no longer exchange the older designs. 

Gifts:   I'm from Los Angeles.  Typically I will take a Lakers or Dodgers (button down / nice) shirt and some Sees Candy.  My woman still wears the nice Dodgers shirt I gave her.    And don't just take it for her.  If you are taking candy, make sure you have a couple of extra boxes.  These can be given out upon meeting the parents/extended family/her close friends.   They can also be given out as gifts for those who give you exceptional service.   Oh, and they can also be given out to your 'Plan B' woman, for when it doesn't work out with Plan A.

If your woman is serious, she will likely have a present for you as well.   I was impressed with her desire to meet you at the airport.   That is a classy move.

I never worried about getting Uber in Ukraine.   I figure that the first trip I pay between $25 and $35 for a trip to my Hotel.   And I usually stay on the farther side of the center of the city, near the Opera House.

Remember when getting a SIM card to get the kind that your (favorite) woman uses.   There are multiple carriers there and it costs money to call those numbers not on your network.  Both for you and for her.

In November, you are certainly going to need cold weather gear.   My suggestion is to wear a nice button down shirt with NON-jeans pants and, more importantly, COMFORTABLE shoes.   (Have made that mistake!)  You will be doing more walking than you can imagine.

The only time I have ever worn a suit in Eastern Europe is when I was meeting with Business Contacts or Dignitaries.  I have never worn a suit on a date with an FSU Woman.

You can choose whether or not to buy your woman additional gifts.   But I always take $1000 in cash.   You never know when you will need to get out of a sticky situation.  As you know, you can always get cash out of an ATM.

Good luck.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #293 on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:46 PM »

1/ *I* say do not buy a sim at the airport - they are often not the best deal - you can buy one in the dedicated network shops in the centre .. may be with the lady you've come to meet - as you'll surely have wifi at the airport at your apartment / hotel and the airport  - SSID "Free Borispil WI-FI"  - free for 30 mins

2/  If you know Uber then why not use them? - it works the same- but you'll need to meet the driver in the car park ( lot) on the ground level - exit right from arrivals - approx 50 m = cost 300- 350 UAH

If you want to go really native go via SKYBus http://skybus.kiev.ua/en/ - c. 80 UAH .. You can buy your ticket online

3/ SC meets me at the airport and I nearly always wear a suit - she loves it as you've made an effort to impress.

Dare to be different and enjoy !

Offline JayH

« Reply #294 on: November 15, 2018, 11:56:28 PM »

1/ *I* say do not buy a sim at the airport - they are often not the best deal - you can buy one in the dedicated network shops in the centre .. may be with the lady you've come to meet - as you'll surely have wifi at the airport at your apartment / hotel and the airport  - SSID "Free Borispil WI-FI"  - free for 30 mins

2/  If you know Uber then why not use them? - it works the same- but you'll need to meet the driver in the car park ( lot) on the ground level - exit right from arrivals - approx 50 m = cost 300- 350 UAH

If you want to go really native go via SKYBus http://skybus.kiev.ua/en/ - c. 80 UAH .. You can buy your ticket online

3/ SC meets me at the airport and I nearly always wear a suit - she loves it as you've made an effort to impress.

Re sim - Airport is near enough same price -- it is not much regardless and convenience way over rides cost ! :)

A suit will make you look like a complete tool !! ( which Moby is !!)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2018, 12:06:51 AM »

Don't drive. Enjoy sightseeing and the girl without learning the road.

Make sure the bills you bring are newer, not off center, marked up or written on. They can get rejected or you'll get less of an exchange rate.

Make sure ALL gifts are made in the country or state you live in. That matters. A scenic book of the state you live in is a good choice. See's truffles is a good choice in candy. The girls always liked it. You don't have to go over the top but it has to be memorable for her and she'll know you put thought into it.

Definitely a hug and kiss on cheek the first time you meet. When walking down the street, offer her your arm. If she likes you, she'll take it.

Dress nice. European clothing and shoes are more appealing than the American look. You don't need a suit but you can still look sharp in other clothing. No tennis shoes, tee shirts or ball caps.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2018, 01:38:12 AM »

Some corrections:

--Free wi fi at airport is not the greatest. Doesn't work when you go outside looking for uber car.

--- Uber driver meets only on second level, departures area. On the right 30 meters. Where did you get info about arrivals area!!

--- Skybus is not 80 uah, it is 100 uah now...….. unless OP gets off at Kharkivskaya metro which would be if one knows metro system.

If me, get sim at airport, several booths near exchange stations arrivals hall. Then you can call or get a call if needed.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2018, 01:40:29 AM »
For what it's worth, I arrived at KBP on Tuesday, 13-Nov-18.  My advice:

1.  Get a SIM card at the airport.  After you exit customs, turn left.  Along the wall on the left are 3 mobile carrier kiosks:  Kyivstar, Vodafone and Lifecell.  Pick the one your lady friend uses.  Sim card with unlimited data plan for 1 month was 145 UAH.

2.  Near the mobile carrier kiosks are 2 currency exchange booths - do not use.  Their rates are horrible.  Walk past them to the end.  Just before the police station are 2 branches of Ukraine banks.  I used the Ukrisbbank to exchange $200 - the rate was 27.5.   In the city I could have gotten 28.05 at one of the independent currency exchangers, but I would have had to search them out among ones with worse rates (the range was from 26.90 to 28.05).

2a.  Bring crisp notes.  No tears or marks.  Some money exchangers use counting machines and those are extremely finicky - they will reject new notes with a couple of wrinkles.  I bring $1000 for each week I plan to visit, but $500 for 1 week should be fine as long as you have informed your bank of your travel plans to use your ATM card there. 

3.   Use bank ATM machines.  Independent machines use something called dynamic currency conversion, which is bad (you can read about online).  Also, unlike in the Eurozone, where the exchange rate is set by an aggregate of USD to Euro for that day (bank rate), each bank will have their own exchange rate that is applied for the ATM withdrawal.  You will see the rate for that day posted at the bank.  I used an ATM yesterday in Kharkiv at OTP Bank - 27.70 rate. 

3a.  Some banks have withdrawal limits.  I used Sversbank once and the limit was 4000 UAH.  OTP Bank and PrivatBank have higher limits - I think 20,000 UAH.  I was able to withdraw 10,000 from OTP (my daily limit on my card is $500 - about 13,500 UAH).

4.  Use Uber or Uklon.  Uklon is a Ukrainian app - rates are better, but the cars can be worse.  Uber pick up point is outside the DEPARTURES level, not arrivals.  I found out the hard way - I walked outside, used Uber, had to go back inside through security (get luggage scanned, remove laptop to be scanned separately, go through the metal detector, etc), then used the escalator to go up to the departures level and exit from there to meet the car.

4a.  Uber rate from KBP to Kyiv Pasazhyrsky train station was 379 UAH and 407 UAH for basic Uber.  I missed the car for the first rate because of the delay as I navigated back to the terminal and to the departures level.  Expect to pay 350-400 UAH for the trip to the city center.  Or pay more for Uber Select or Uber X (not worth it).

5.  Highly recommend against renting a car.  If you plan to go somewhere else, get a rental on the day you leave and just walk or use Uber while in Kyiv.  I have heard the metro is nice, but I never used it.

6.  Use Airbnb for apartment rentals.  Use Booking.com for hotels.  Booking also has apartments, but those usually require cash deposits via paypal/moneygram/western union and full payment with cash.  Airbnb rental rates tend to be a bit higher, but the apartments are more dependable (be more accurately described) and payment is so much simpler.

7.  Dress is casual stylish.  No t-shirts, baggy pants, etc.  Business casual also works, if it's smart.  No suits, but a sports jacket works.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2018, 06:10:55 AM »
BB-

Good luck & enjoy your trip. You have sound advice to address your query, likely far more than you bargained for. LMAO. For some reason ‘advice’ around here had become some sort of a sport.

Do without the suit, IMO. You’re not going to a funeral.

It’s winter, pick up a small bottle neutrogena’s sesame bath oil. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2018, 06:53:11 AM »
Thanks,

It was extremely difficult. I am all my kids have really... their moms are not very involved in their lives.  They would like to have a stepmom who is not abusive.  They don’t expect a lot... just someone who will be nice to them.

I actually listen to my detractors (as much as possible). A very limited few people like to throw insults and offer nothing constructive... I ignore them.

Keep the constructive criticism flowing... it helps me and also all the noobs out there who are afraid to post questions in fear of being attacked.

FSUW, in general, are not great with stepchildren, at least, not stepchldren who aren't grown and on their own.  In most cases, this will be exacerbated if that woman has her own child.  This is a cultural attitude.  So, if your children are under 18, I would not recommend seeking an FSUW.

Many men here had their marriages to FSUW break up because of children, and none of those men had primary custody of their children.  The only one I can think of who made it work was Vaughn, and he posted, years ago, that it was a very difficult process (plus, he did not have primary custody). 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM