It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad  (Read 53146 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #400 on: July 19, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »
I had full blown Covid in December, after having moderna vax + booster (2 shots each) + 2 sputnick vaxes
was badly sick with Covid for a week
by week 2, was back to normal
except for the fatigue

about a month ago, got 3rd booster of half dose moderna
very little side effects

in 2020, I was terrified of Covid,
not so much now...

but I still wouldn't want to have it in the winter in Moscow!!!
especially, if I was an inexperienced English speaking person with no local contacts

Older age often means a weaker immune system but can depend on the individual. Weed smoking also suppresses the immune system. For sure though COVID could hit many a person hard, I've only had two shots of Astra Zeneca and waiting for the Valneva vaccine (hopefully) to avoid the mRNA vaccines. I still firmly believe a decent mask that is as near as airtight as possible worn in public indoors locations can do a lot to avoid COVID and probably many other stuff, Flue etc. I also keep up on the hand held, mouthwash, etc with that in mind.

I think you're right Krim that being English speaking without much Russian is likely going to be a very unpleasant experience in a hospital in Moscow especially with the war backdrop. In any FSU hospital as you have pointed out it's not likely to be a good place to be. Crossing the border by train from Poland to Lviv a few years ago wasn't a fun experience as an English speaker knowing very little Russian but I was fortunate on that occasion to have a Ukrainian girl to translate for me in the carriage cabin to border guards.

At the moment though I think a lot comes down to weighing the risks of contracting COVID, trying to mitigate them and then considering if it's worth a stab at it. As 2tallbill rightly said I think that there can always be an excuse but you don't really get anything by playing safe all the time though that's not to say you might lose as by not playing safe it opens up more risk, that's life of course though. Sometimes I think you've just got to take as best an educated gamble and make a play for what you want. After all what's the point in living being sat around not going anywhere in life I figure.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #401 on: July 20, 2022, 02:02:38 AM »
With all the vaccines, 2 Pfizer + 1 J&J + flu shot + 1 Moderna booster only experienced light symptoms here.  I tested negative within a week of the first symptoms and nobody around me caught it. I will wait for an updated vaccine that should be available towards the end of the year and get it along with the yearly flu shot. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #402 on: July 20, 2022, 06:48:08 AM »
The UK gov uploaded details of the Valneva jab onto its website a week ago. That seems to indicate that it may be preparing to buy up some of Valneva vaccine once it is ready:

http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-valneva/summary-of-product-characteristics-for-covid-19-vaccine-valneva

Previously the UK gov had a contract with Valneva but it cancelled it, the EU did too. It appears at that stage it wouldn't get pass respective Health boards validation. That was about a year ago now I think and from recent reports it looks like the respective health boards have now passed the vaccine for use. What hasn't appeared to happen yet is any contract to buy a the vaccine either from the UK or the EU. Before it looks like both jumped the gun particularly the UK, that the vaccine needed further testing to get regulatory approval. Now it's likely more a question of if, when and who will be first to get a new contract in.

At the moment its been increasingly questioned whether Pfizer and the other vaccines first on the scene can deal effectively with the new variants as the original virus has mutated quite a bit. So it's looking increasingly likely that they are getting towards becoming obsolete perhaps. So the new vaccine on the block will likely be one a welcome one assuming all goes well with it. Again it depends who will be in line for it first and that may partly depend on when booster vaccines are given depending upon age group and existing stock of the first generation of vaccines to be used up, mostly Pfizer & Moderna here. So wait and see I guess but hopefully won't be too long, with a bit of luck maybe before Christmas.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #403 on: July 20, 2022, 07:50:57 AM »
Anyhow it protects against neck, head & other cancers for guys later in life often transmitted through sex.

One avoidance method is:  keep your head out of 'there.'

And seems that your neck would be exposed . . . only if you have a small head.

- - - - - - - -

Reminds me of the long ago country song by Johnny Lee.

A guy got an STD in his eye.

He was "Looking for love in all the wrong places."

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541329
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701