It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Yet More Inane Theories on What Makes Men Attractive to Women  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Yet More Inane Theories on What Makes Men Attractive to Women
« on: February 28, 2023, 12:51:21 PM »

This is an interesting case in point if you think about it. Now normally a young chick like this probably wouldn't be interested in an old dude like me probably moreso a few years ago when Ukraine seemed to be starting to be seemingly a bit more prosperous perhaps moreso in the big cities. However along comes the virus then worse the war and then worse for this girl she loses her leg. Now what do you think my chances might be with this girl now? (Ok assuming a 19 yr old version of herself from a few years ago). My guess is that there could likely be more interest, chemistry aside for one moment. The hypergamy scale will have shifted from against me to for me. I'm not saying she has no hope with a local guy but odds are probably a lot less in her favour especially if there are fewer local guys than before. So in I come, a reasonably well off foreign guy, maybe not the richest foreign guy but a lot better of than most of the local guys, if not all of them. Now I don't really care if she's lost a leg, it might have freaked me out when I was younger but in older age I find less stuff shocks me. So I would be willing to get with her, I get a young hot chick that ordinarily would likely only see me as good for scamming pre above situation she would get a guy who wants a family and is relatively well of to keep her in better comfort than the local dudes if she could find one. Better than that instead of one of those awful plastic prosthetic badly painted nothing like your skin colour limbs that do nothing other than freak out more in the UK and possibly on the NHS she would be able to get a full Robocop bionic leg attachment that she could operate like a real leg! Happy days once again!!

All of a sudden I have my own Bee Farmuh Soldier Girl fantasy coming on ;D

Switch it the other way around, I go out there, volunteer to be a Soldier/Aid Worker and end up losing a leg. What girl is going to want me then? If I turn up without a leg to a date what is the girl going to think? (if she still has both her legs).  Unless I come with big money I'm guessing the girls will see it as a big negative, sympathetic if having lost it for the cause but likely a big negative all the same.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 04:10:56 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Daveman

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 08:12:14 AM »
This is an interesting case in point if you think about it. Now normally a young chick like this probably wouldn't be interested in an old dude like me probably moreso a few years ago when Ukraine seemed to be starting to be seemingly a bit more prosperous perhaps moreso in the big cities. However along comes the virus then worse the war and then worse for this girl she loses her leg. Now what do you think my chances might be with this girl now? (Ok assuming a 19 yr old version of herself from a few years ago). My guess is that there could likely be more interest, chemistry aside for one moment. The hypergamy scale will have shifted from against me to for me. I'm not saying she has no hope with a local guy but odds are probably a lot less in her favour especially if there are fewer local guys than before. So in I come, a reasonably well off foreign guy, maybe not the richest foreign guy but a lot better of than most of the local guys, if not all of them. Now I don't really care if she's lost a leg, it might have freaked me out when I was younger but in older age I find less stuff shocks me. So I would be willing to get with her, I get a young hot chick that ordinarily would likely only see me as good for scamming pre above situation she would get a guy who wants a family and is relatively well of to keep her in better comfort than the local dudes if she could find one. Better than that instead of one of those awful plastic prosthetic badly painted nothing like your skin colour limbs that do nothing other than freak out more in the UK and possibly on the NHS she would be able to get a full Robocop bionic leg attachment that she could operate like a real leg! Happy days once again!!

All of a sudden I have my own Bee Farmuh Soldier Girl fantasy coming on ;D

Switch it the other way around, I go out there, volunteer to be a Soldier/Aid Worker and end up losing a leg. What girl is going to want me then? If I turn up without a leg to a date what is the girl going to think? (if she still has both her legs).  Unless I come with big money I'm guessing the girls will see it as a big negative, sympathetic if having lost it for the cause but likely a big negative all the same.

You are talking about a woman "settling for you" due to her lot in life. That should be an absolute "NYET!" from you.  I know I harp on attraction (7 or above, dude) and her looking UP to you (a MUST), but without those two things, you will start out with a very low amount, or even lack, of respect which is almost guaranteed to spiral out of control at some point thus destroying everything you though you had.  You don't want a woman to settle for you. Ever.

As to the bold text...
Women are not very loyal when things go awry. Yes, a unicorn or two may exist, but overall, women leave military men who have suffered limb loss or disfiguration at an exceedingly high rate. Unbelievably high. Look it up. Of course it's never because they are shallow shits. It's because they are somehow victims who tried so hard but just blahblahblahblah...

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 03:11:58 AM »
You are talking about a woman "settling for you" due to her lot in life. That should be an absolute "NYET!" from you.  I know I harp on attraction (7 or above, dude) and her looking UP to you (a MUST), but without those two things, you will start out with a very low amount, or even lack, of respect which is almost guaranteed to spiral out of control at some point thus destroying everything you though you had.  You don't want a woman to settle for you. Ever.

As to the bold text...
Women are not very loyal when things go awry. Yes, a unicorn or two may exist, but overall, women leave military men who have suffered limb loss or disfiguration at an exceedingly high rate. Unbelievably high. Look it up. Of course it's never because they are shallow shits. It's because they are somehow victims who tried so hard but just blahblahblahblah...

Lol, I love that, so funny as so true :ROFL:

Yeah you get that with women though all the bs to make themselves look good as they 'excuse themselves' from the situation that no longer suits them.

I think your advice is bang on Daveman and it's great to have someone with your experience on this forum. I've had a situation of a FSW where respect decreased the more she took advantage of my generosity and it is indeed a one way slippery slope downhill. I can see why it's best to nip that one in the bud the moment it first rears it head or once it gathers pace it causes a lot of damage to the relationship until it is finally destroyed. The attraction stuff, 7 or above - are you talking of the guy being that? I guess a guy can be attractive to a women in a number of ways but if course he must be attractive to her in her eyes in some way.

Those figures for the make amputees shocks me Daveman, I had thought that many would but thought a few more that that would have stuck by their man. Shows how callous and uncaring women can be and to be careful not to fall into the amputee situation. I mean I kind of new as put it n my earlier posts that it would likely put if a lot of women but that they even get dumped by their present women in such great numbers shocks even me. Sounds like if I entered a restaurant to meet a woman and I was an amputee she would likely get up in sighting and walk out.

As said earlier that chancing it on becoming a 'war hero' or even doing aid work in risky areas isn't worth the gamble. If not ending up dead then ending up as an amputee well that would be well worse than going in to meet a lady without any decorations. As I told CB the way I see it is a girl isn't going to really give two hoots as to whether a guy is a military hero, fine as a small bonus but I doubt for many all that significant. More telling is likely how attracted to him she is and particularly for areas in economic hardship how good a provider he is. Those two things other than of course respect are the main things. Foreign guys in particular she won't expect them to have gotten involved so as I see it it's kind of going out after stuff that isn't required and potentially risking way more in the process that might screw things up than help out I reckon.

So basically for a WM stay where you're strong on the finance stuff and let the military minded do the military stuff.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Daveman

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 12:52:18 PM »

I've had a situation of a FSW where respect decreased the more she took advantage of my generosity and it is indeed a one way slippery slope downhill. I can see why it's best to nip that one in the bud the moment it first rears it head or once it gathers pace it causes a lot of damage to the relationship until it is finally destroyed. The attraction stuff, 7 or above - are you talking of the guy being that? I guess a guy can be attractive to a women in a number of ways but if course he must be attractive to her in her eyes in some way.

Yes, Her animally magnetic attraction to you. As she falls in love (and YOU do NOT fall in love.. keep your fee fees in check at alllll times) her attraction will rise, but only if she actually HAS attraction to begin with.

Your attraction to her is 100% absolutely, utterly,  and all other thesaurusy words of grandeur, irrelevant.  She doesn't give a damn at all unless she is highly attracted to you or is planning a nefarious use for you. 

The moment she knows you are more attracted, or like her more than she likes you -- you become an option, not the prize. <-------- 

The key is to shoot fish in the barrel. Or rather, in your barrel. Even if there are only three in your barrel (attracted to you at least a seven).  Chose ONLY from the pool of women who are that attracted to you whether you're at home, abroad, or on an intergalactic mission to bang tasty tentacled morsels of protoplasm.

If you marry a woman who settles for you - for any reason - you will be around only for as long as you are useful.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Daveman

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 01:09:40 PM »

Ordinarily i'd agree that women are shallow shits..not just about leaving the aforementioned military men,but in other ways too.The amount of women who leave their formerly wealthy husbands, who are now struggling financially, would be an interesting statistic too.

However,i'm not so sure this will apply in Ukraine .

None of us have been through an invasion of the country where we live.There's a massive difference between a soldier going off to fight in a war no-one really gives a shit about....such as Korea,Vietnam,The Falklands and Iraq.....and having murderous and barbaric  terrorists slaughtering people where you live.

All the Ukrainians saw what happened at Mariupol and Bucha,and the only thing standing between them suffering the same fate is their military who are fighting to save them....do not underestimate how powerful this will be on people's psyche.

If Ukraine wins this war these military people will truly be heroes..exalted beyond compare.....and i suspect their women will be proud to be with them....as the men who saved them and their country.

You may very well be correct.  I'm not so optimistic.  My guess would be that both women OR men will prefer war heroes who didn't succumb to battle, have no "flaws" and will stick around only long enough to blame the departure on "something else."  I've come to the conclusion that --- well, take the average shitty human -- and then realize that half are even shitter than that.  :P :P

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 02:39:33 PM »
Yes, Her animally magnetic attraction to you. As she falls in love (and YOU do NOT fall in love.. keep your fee fees in check at alllll times) her attraction will rise, but only if she actually HAS attraction to begin with.

Your attraction to her is 100% absolutely, utterly,  and all other thesaurusy words of grandeur, irrelevant.  She doesn't give a damn at all unless she is highly attracted to you or is planning a nefarious use for you. 

The moment she knows you are more attracted, or like her more than she likes you -- you become an option, not the prize. <-------- 

The key is to shoot fish in the barrel. Or rather, in your barrel. Even if there are only three in your barrel (attracted to you at least a seven).  Chose ONLY from the pool of women who are that attracted to you whether you're at home, abroad, or on an intergalactic mission to bang tasty tentacled morsels of protoplasm.

If you marry a woman who settles for you - for any reason - you will be around only for as long as you are useful.

You're a brilliant guy Dave, you've really got the dating game down. You're right I feel, it's a fallacy to let her be aware of how I attracted you are in her, as you say you become an option as she knows you're attracted and so she knows she's got a/another ball to hold onto to decide whether to play or put to one side and wait/leave. If on the other hand she doesn't know you're attracted then you've got hold of the ball and she'll keep coming until she pretty much falls into your hands. I see now that I've made the mistake of letting women know I am attracted too often and hence been relegating myself to an option each time, could kind of kick myself for doing that really, so many stuff ups :wallbash:

Offline Daveman

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 07:53:44 PM »
Hahahahaha, poor anonmod..

Offline Daveman

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 08:03:30 PM »
You're a brilliant guy Dave, you've really got the dating game down. You're right I feel, it's a fallacy to let her be aware of how I attracted you are in her, as you say you become an option as she knows you're attracted and so she knows she's got a/another ball to hold onto to decide whether to play or put to one side and wait/leave. If on the other hand she doesn't know you're attracted then you've got hold of the ball and she'll keep coming until she pretty much falls into your hands. I see now that I've made the mistake of letting women know I am attracted too often and hence been relegating myself to an option each time, could kind of kick myself for doing that really, so many stuff ups :wallbash:

Nah, not me l. I didn't come up with any of this.  Everything on the topic of women I learned from my dad. Technically my grandfather. It works like charm because it's simply the absolutely natural way of the male/female dynamic. There's nothing new with any of this

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 09:12:24 PM »
ya'll who do the hating should see this, and it don't matter your nationality, Russian, American, any, it's universal

HOWEVER, THIS POST WILL BE LELETED and I will be banned for making it!!!

it will be detrmined that this content is not in line with the "purpose of RWD"
and so will be purged as fast as the Checkist mgt can manage to do so, you better be quick, if you gonna read this, das ist VERBOTEN!!!

even though the subject of this video is ACTUALLY THE CORE of what's happening in not just Russia/Ukraine but the whole freakin world, no matter WTF you live
any mesaage calling out the haters for who and what they are is not gonna make managment happy when they have  to deal with the haters backlash

since my voice is being taken, I vow to leave
no point in reading and giving attention to the trivialities while ignoring the elephant trashing the room
just cuz it upsets some people who like it or don't wanna deal with it

well, guess what FRIENDS, in the future you are ALL gonna be REALLY, REALLY upset, none of ya'll have any freakin idea about the BIG changes comin' , and that's the part I really enjoy thinking about
how you all are going about your lives sticking your heads in the sand, cuz denial is your way of coping
and while you're doing that you won't even see what's coming until it bites your jhoppa

LOL!!!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 09:18:45 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Daveman

Re: Yet More Inane Theories on What Makes Men Attractive to Women
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 01:27:20 PM »
Did I miss something? When did we become haters? Lol.. Did Anonmod bump you into this thread? Cool video though. I already should be in the Carpathians by now to dodge the pending apocolypse.. But noooooooo. Ah well, perhaps Romania! I'll practice my impalement techniques..   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 01:42:30 PM by Daveman »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 02:21:08 PM »
ya'll who do the hating should see this, and it don't matter your nationality, Russian, American, any, it's universal

HOWEVER, THIS POST WILL BE LELETED and I will be banned for making it!!!

it will be detrmined that this content is not in line with the "purpose of RWD"
and so will be purged as fast as the Checkist mgt can manage to do so, you better be quick, if you gonna read this, das ist VERBOTEN!!!

even though the subject of this video is ACTUALLY THE CORE of what's happening in not just Russia/Ukraine but the whole freakin world, no matter WTF you live
any mesaage calling out the haters for who and what they are is not gonna make managment happy when they have  to deal with the haters backlash

since my voice is being taken, I vow to leave
no point in reading and giving attention to the trivialities while ignoring the elephant trashing the room
just cuz it upsets some people who like it or don't wanna deal with it

well, guess what FRIENDS, in the future you are ALL gonna be REALLY, REALLY upset, none of ya'll have any freakin idea about the BIG changes comin' , and that's the part I really enjoy thinking about
how you all are going about your lives sticking your heads in the sand, cuz denial is your way of coping
and while you're doing that you won't even see what's coming until it bites your jhoppa

LOL!!!

I think the video is a bit simplistic, people are people and will always have issues in life that affect them. It's easy for someone in a well off position to brand them haters. They're not in the position of those being affected with the issues, they are standing on the outside above and away from those issues having any affect on their lives.

Take the recent announcement by the UK gov that it is seeking to ban any person arriving in the UK illegally from claiming asylum. Now that met with a round of outcry from sone notable persons denouncing the action, Jeremy Corby, Gary Lineker, etc, etc.

The point being though that those people are very well of people that won't be affected by illegally immigration into the country on their income, housing or services they use. Neither do few of them have to end up living near them, they are removed from all of that.

For everyday people though the more people in the country the higher rents and house prices rise, the lower/flatter incomes become. So life becomes very hard to live just on that basis. Young people find they can't afford to move out of home (many UK News articles on this) and many who are together or single can't afford to buy a house or have children. Just the other day I was reading about how couples are putting off having children possibly indefinitely as they just haven't got the resources to support a child. That means such an issue is screwing up people's lives. People don't want to be sat alone in a room or without children or paying through the roof (much of your weekly income) for a squalid dive of a place. Essentially such a issue ruins people's lives in this country, it destroys their lives.

So if you were one of those with your life destroyed wouldn't you hate what did that to you?

That's why the UK left the EU, with mass East European Immigration that is what it inflicted on this country. Some of those at the top in this country and the EU are oblivious to this as their living their lives in a rose garden with no idea what their policies inflict on others or no care. So if they don't care or can't fathom it why should those affected care to support their views/position.

So the UK voted to leave the EU. Do a lot of those people hate the EU, etc. Yes some do, some just saw it preferably to be out of the EU, some both.

I personally aren't as bad of as some but for sure the EU has potentially ruined my life by making it impossible for me to secure housing and a reasonable paying stable job when younger. So I hate the EU for sure and uncontrolled immigration and what it does.

Some might say it's still down to you but overriding logic of a capitalist society is that we can't all be rich it's not that easy, the more competition in work and business the harder it is.

Arnie is a likable guy, he has achieved well but he has done so through cheating, using roids when he was bodybuilding. Sure he still had to work hard and struggle as his video tells us. Steroids weren't illegal at the time he used them but they were outside the rules. So should we listen & hold in such high esteem a guy who cheated to get ahead over one that didn't?

What happened to the Jews was a terrible thing but we should also look at the issues that went down that brought that about. Not so much Hitler's path to power but the unemployment, crashed economy, hyper inflation, over onerous punishing Versailles terms, etc. Let's face it largely the German people were punished for the actions of the Imperial system it had little control over.

Same with Russia today, we often term it Russia's war, Russians, etc but really it's the actions of a despotic system that the Russians have no control over the system has control over them. Sure some Russians support the war/Putin as some Germans support Hitler, but most are just stuck with the situation as it is not of there doing.

Lots of issues that brought us to this point and while I am against Putin's actions I think the West could have handled things better many years ago, but ultimately Russia fell into the becoming a very despotic system and that's why we are where we are here today I think.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2023, 02:40:50 PM »
You are wrong about Russians. They support Putin and the invasion, by a majority.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2023, 07:59:23 PM »
divide the people to weaken the people
promote the creation of  a dominant political faction that encourages hatred against people who are not members of that dominant faction...
take yur pick of targets, zhids, hohols, chorny, cross dressers... everybody gets a colored patch

and you harness the hate you help generate to advance your own agenda
which is pretty much to enhance the interessts of the people who bank in Panama, and Caymen Islands
how else do you rob the people, if not by this method?

but the truly sad part is, how stoopid people get easily duped by the architects of hate who appeal to their bigotry and who act NOT in their own interests but for the interests of the bank accounts

Russia is a PERFECT example of this
and so is Amurika
tok! tok! hello? anybody there home?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 08:02:16 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2023, 03:59:28 AM »
divide the people to weaken the people
promote the creation of  a dominant political faction that encourages hatred against people who are not members of that dominant faction...
take yur pick of targets, zhids, hohols, chorny, cross dressers... everybody gets a colored patch

and you harness the hate you help generate to advance your own agenda
which is pretty much to enhance the interessts of the people who bank in Panama, and Caymen Islands
how else do you rob the people, if not by this method?

but the truly sad part is, how stoopid people get easily duped by the architects of hate who appeal to their bigotry and who act NOT in their own interests but for the interests of the bank accounts

Russia is a PERFECT example of this
and so is Amurika
tok! tok! hello? anybody there home?

With any group that firm's whether it's an ethnic group, sexual or otherwise the mere creation of that group means lines of divide are created in the process of its creation, namely those inside of the group and those outside of the group. Those inside if the group whatever it may be take on their own concerns/interests and those outside the group take on their own concerns/interests. Very often the two different lots of concerns/interests are in conflict or disagreement due to where those inside & outside the group stand and what's seen as to their benefit or not. Whether someone is whipping up the discontent generated is another matter, some may so it for power others may do it as they truly believe in the cause in my opinion.

Online krimster2

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2023, 08:53:15 AM »
in USA we call this "both-siderism", I call it for what it, "BS"
the targets of hate didn't create it by the fact of their existence
the hate is courted and magnified by oligarchs to fuel their ambitions
that simple, how many examples do you need to see of this to understand it?

considering Britain's long history with oligarchy and aristocracy
if you are unable to understand this
then it explains a lot about you

Trench, stop blaming OTHERS for YOUR failures
only one person is responsible for what happens to you
guess who that is

to be a "woke" person is to be someone "who is aware" especially SELF-aware and SELF-reflective
but ya'll don't wanna do that, too hard, too uncomfortable...

so instead, you want the easy path of blaming someone else
cuz you are fundamentally lazy or depressed about it or both

the opposite of being woke isn't being asleep
no, it's being a thoughtless slave for the oligarchs
who pull your strings to gain power

look at poor phuquing Russians
stuck in the feedback loop of Putin's Hate-TV
and their dead kids

but ya'll think that Putin is the ONLY example
or are there more?
like Brexit, for example
and like "you know who"

the WHOLE WORLD needs to take a look
in case, what goes 'round, comes 'round

you have to follow with Christ's principles, but NOT Christains
because religion is now a monopoly of the status quo of the money changers (gift shops now instead of sacrificial alters)
didja'll see what they did to the last guy who complained about that?
banks are the new temples
IRS tax scam - all tax free religious trusts in god
guess which Russians are diversifying into the USA religious charity gambling industry

live and let live...
like Ulyses said, "No Man"
when asked who you hate

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 01:18:29 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2023, 11:27:30 AM »
in USA we call this "both-siderism", I call it for what it, "BS"
the targets of hate didn't create it by the fact of their existence
the hate is courted and magnified by oligarchs to fuel their ambitions
that simple, how many examples do you need to see of this to understand it?

considering Britain's long history with oligarchy and aristocracy
if you are unable to understand this
then it explains a lot about you

Trench, stop blaming OTHERS for YOUR failures
only one person is responsible for what happens to you
guess who that is

It varies, some people are gifted certain genetics at birth and if they fall into a line if work where those genetics are highly prized they can do extremely well. Take Justin Bieber for example, he was gifted with a good singing voice I think it's fair to say, he wouldn't have gotten where he is without it. I'm personally not a fan but let's face it if he had kept quiet, too lazy, shy, etc then he wouldn't be the vastly rich guy he is today. Girls probably wouldn't on the whole give him a second look, they would see a short weedy looking guy and we know how they feel about that physique.

Others are blessed with skills on the ball (football) etc that can lift them up from the slums where they grew up where nearly all don't stand a hope in hell's chance of getting on to living vastly rich lavish lifestyles.

On here alone ML has his own rags to riches tale, and apart from right time, right place/luck I'm going to guess that his ability to get on with people, fear/stress of conflict avoidance, and humourous personality helped a lot.

Me, I'm lucky in a way, to a point, my family bought into an area (back in the 80s) before it became very popular and house prices rose. I also own my own small 'town house'. So now would I turn around and lecture the majority living in the slums some in poor social housing living shambolic chaotic lives on how what is to blame for their misfortune is them? I would not, I know that when you are paying all your job income out on rent & food just to live the next week is a situation they are stuck in with no opportunity out. Some people in the UK and no doubt the US live really dire lives where they are stuck in poverty all opportunities closed off to them, some haven't even had good upbringing or education.

I'm not sure you're getting that currents can move against someone Krim. Back in the 60s in the UK there was a labour shortage post WWII. Young people then could roll out of bed straight into one job in the morning throw it in by lunchtime and by the end of the day be in another job. Fast forward to the 90s and most youngers couldn't hope to get a job, even the parents could be struggling too, and that was across the socio- economic spectrum.

Let's say you did an experiment and put your wealth to the side, your prior learning and knowledge, rented a small bedsit (studio flat) in a poor area and applied for jobs you have never done before. Basic jobs and just lived of the wages from that, denied yourself access to your present wealth, do that for a few weeks and see how it goes, could you rise up easily again outside of your prior experience/professions or be stuck struggling for quite some time. Would women come dashing to you or wonder what that smell of sh*t was then notice it's a poor person.

The problem that happens when people become or are wealthy with ideas & morals of the rights and wrongs of society is that they often end up as Champagne Socialists.

Some people get rich and get greedy and self absorbed - Oligarchs bent on twisting the system and fueling hate, whatever they need to accumulate more. Others get rich but don't do that, they aren't like that and their interests are elsewhere. Some may even try to seek to help society even if they may or may not be right in their outlook. I don't think we can necessarily assume all are hell bent on their path to dominance. BillyB for example may have not been correct necessarily everything he said but he never struck me as a guy who would be supportive of Oligarchs hell bent on dominance as a pro-Republican, pro-Trump kind of guy.

Online krimster2

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 11:57:18 AM »
the difference between you and me trench
is that I am drawn to doing hard difficult things
and you are repelled by them

when we were teens, you lived with your mommy and daddy
when I 16, I spent the summer in an Israeli military training camp (it was freakin brutal)
and at age 17, I enlisted in the American Army as a radar operator (piece of cake)
two countries gave me a free university education after
and I took full advantage of it.... and became a top-notch silicon valley engineer (and moved the 2,600 miles to get there)
by the time I was 30, the only professions who made more than me were cardiologists and Oncologists and I saved a lot of my income and was a super good investor
so now I'm retired and rich as phuque

you
coulda done something similar, and raised yourself up
but you didn't
the path of least resistance trench
is where you went
you coulda done better if you worked smarter/harder
made better education, career and location choices
think how much better off you'd be with a partnership with someone else
and you had two incomes or more (I used to work multiple jobs)
instead of just your meager single income

so no Trench, if you're swimmin against the tide
either change location or swim harder
but don't blame it on the faster fish
and say it's their fault
cuz it ain't me bruv

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 01:21:16 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 01:59:25 PM »
the difference between you and me trench
is that I am drawn to doing hard difficult things
and you are repelled by them

when we were teens, you lived with your mommy and daddy
when I 16, I spent the summer in an Israeli military training camp (it was freakin brutal)
and at age 17, I enlisted in the American Army as a radar operator (piece of cake)
two countries gave me a free university education after
and I took full advantage of it.... and became a top-notch silicon valley engineer (and moved the 2,600 miles to get there)
by the time I was 30, the only professions who made more than me were cardiologists and Oncologists and I saved a lot of my income and was a super good investor
so now I'm retired and rich as phuque

you
coulda done something similar, and raised yourself up
but you didn't
the path of least resistance trench
is where you went
you coulda done better if you worked smarter/harder
made better education, career and location choices
think how much better off you'd be with a partnership with someone else
and you had two incomes or more (I used to work multiple jobs)
instead of just your meager single income

so no Trench, if you're swimmin against the tide
either change location or swim harder
but don't blame it on the faster fish
and say it's their fault
cuz it ain't me bruv

You don't think I don't work hard Krim? I've got two separate undergraduate degrees (both 2:1) one in History the other in Architecture (the Architecture one not far of a First). I also have a MA in History (pass). So I've worked hard academically but nearly half of UK school leavers (approx 44 percent) go to Uni in the UK these days, its not that special all that more. So the skilled labour market is flooded with graduates, moreso with the East European immigration when we were part of the EU, most of which are still here. We bought ourselves a few years in leaving the EU but recent articles out point to disaster happening in the UK housing market with too much shortage of housing now.

So high housing costs and low wages for skilled labour that is swamped with competition. So tell me how is anyone going to make their way in that?

Some of the older generation are doing fine, those that got into Property/Landlord game, but it's my generation and those younger who are hopelessly under the thumb of it all. As said I'm lucky I got a small house but not untill I was nearing 40 and then a good 50-60 miles from where I grew up.

I've worked hard on my house too, I'm sure you understand in such a property intense economy investing in property is where many choose to place their bets. So I've done all sorts of work by myself from putting in staircases to building a small 4m by 3m extension to doing plumbing, knocking down wall, building new ones and drilling large holes through outer walls which are about half a metre thick sone & mortar. If I was a no hoper I would sit down and do sod all. In the UK most Employers are a waste of time, they are as tight as a cats arse and many don't give a fig for their staff truth be known. In fairness the UK is a low wage economy, not as bad a Ukraine, Poland, or China but lower than the US. So Employers can't charge a lot for their goods/services so they don't pay a lot. Employees don't want to pay much for those goods/services as they don't get paid much by the Employers and so on, a vicious cycle as corny as that may sound. It's all down to an oversupply of labour but particularly an oversupply of skilled labour. It was the outlook of previous governments both Conservative & Labour to run the country that way to put the economy first and living standards last.

The US I understand still pays well in some quarters, maybe many, certainly more than in the UK. In the UK the good money jobs need near Einstein level of intelligence think Medical Doctors and above. They will pay around £100k or more. Other than that who you know jobs, Stockbrokers, very top Law jobs, very top IT jobs etc but few get those.

If I progress in property I may make it firmly into the 'have's' possibly rather than the, 'have not's'. I have more than many now so I am grateful for that, some have more than me and I'm missing some stuff like a girl but equally there are some people in the UK living dire lives, alone, miserable and very poor. Those are the sort of people that get preyed upon by dodgy agencies and ppl as they just want some relief from it all. To those people my heart goes out to them though little good it will do, some people are unfortunately stuck in the situation they are stuck in, in the UK.

Online krimster2

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2023, 06:14:18 PM »
"(both 2:1) one in History the other in Architecture (the Architecture one not far of a First)"

gosh Trench, such lucrative futures in those professions
especially, in the middle of some village... yawn...

if I were your age, I'd be goin to Ternopil State Univ Medical School in ummm Ternopil, Ukraine
taught in FREAKIN' ENGLISH - google it
and I'd work on getting my MD degree there

guaranteed you'd be accepted, and it's a legit school
in my off time, I'd be a volunteer community medic in Ternopil

and Trench...
do you have ANY IDEA how much pooty tang would be showered on you
it would be exhausting

the difference between us
is I've done major moves like this and you haven't
you've stayed still in one place too long
repeating each day over and over
going around in a circle instead of REALLY going anywhere

Ukraine or moldova is not gonna save ya trench
not even that...

yeah, it's society's fault trench
those bastards

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 04:20:51 AM »
"(both 2:1) one in History the other in Architecture (the Architecture one not far of a First)"

gosh Trench, such lucrative futures in those professions
especially, in the middle of some village... yawn...

if I were your age, I'd be goin to Ternopil State Univ Medical School in ummm Ternopil, Ukraine
taught in FREAKIN' ENGLISH - google it
and I'd work on getting my MD degree there

guaranteed you'd be accepted, and it's a legit school
in my off time, I'd be a volunteer community medic in Ternopil

and Trench...
do you have ANY IDEA how much pooty tang would be showered on you
it would be exhausting

the difference between us
is I've done major moves like this and you haven't
you've stayed still in one place too long
repeating each day over and over
going around in a circle instead of REALLY going anywhere

Ukraine or moldova is not gonna save ya trench
not even that...

yeah, it's society's fault trench
those bastards

I know, I followed what most interested me and anything else came secondary. So yes not all that lucrative lol. History degree was what I did first then the MA then later the Architecture degree. History degrees were well thought if back in the day and I enjoyed History so I went to a reasonably decent uni and studied it I guess with the thought of get a decent job in local government, civil service or in industry and working my way up, even a library job, etc but none were really interested and all were awash with applicants when I applied. Applied for teaching much the same story and didn't get in. Getting something even half decent in the UK is not an easy feat.

So later I became quite interested in Architecture and that looked to have more work skills involved in it. History has its own benefits, powers of analysis, research skills, etc but few Employers really take note or believe in it. So yeah did the Architecture degree, interesting stuff, got qualified and briefly got work in it but the pay certainly wasn't there and a lot of UK Architecture practices are stuck back in the day using old software, etc. So left as being stuck in an office all day under those circumstances had no go in it I could see that. In the UK stsrting up your own practice is real difficult unless you can show prior work to a Client and most businesses retain the right to the work you did for them. In any case with the amount of Architecture practices around there is too much competition and making a profit is usually hard. Add to that all the problems I would have to deal with, the client, planning, building issues, etc for a client. In short it's better making efforts in those for myself than doing it all for someone else.

So that is where I am today, once I break through by finishing my house I can rent out the rooms and get a mortgage and invest in further opportunities, such as getting a place in Corfu, possibly. The advantage is that UK property prices are high so it can potentially fund a lot cheaper place abroad. So as they say in the Landlord world the first property is the hardest after that it get gradually easier. I think for me at the moment it's where I can best place my bet. As Alan Sugar often says go into what you know. My place when done in a month or two's time will be worth around £140k I can get a ruin in Corfu for around £40k, flash it up, do some basic repairs will be a lot quicker than present house as no conversion needed as usually large enough then Airbnb it out and stay there myself in cold UK winter months also. Once the ball gets rolling on money from rent income it can help fund all sorts. A big Landlord portfolio I would avoid though as can get unwieldy a few properties suits me fine.

Ternopil University is an interesting idea, not sure if they are still taking foreign students with the war on. I only have a pass in maths & science to GCSE level and that was almost 30 years ago now so not sure I would be up to a Medical course even at an easy going uni or if they would really take me. In the UK you have to be either really good at Maths/Science naturally and often a fanatical hard worker also to get into Medicine. Many from Asian (Indian) backgrounds get into it here particularly women as they have obsessively strict parents that force them to be diligent, quiet, fanatically hard workers. Far fewer UK white kids get into Medicine like they used to these days as they tend to come from too comfortable backgrounds and those from uncomfortable backgrounds usually go to poor schools and/or don't care.

Anyhow, that's the state of play for me at the moment, the UK is a place where finding something lucrative can be difficult sometimes people get lucky or are well set up in life by their parents. With the UK it's a case of too many people crammed into one small island all crawling over each other and stepping on each others toes opportunity wise in the process.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2023, 09:07:47 AM »
This is an interesting case in point if you think about it. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,  blah, blah, blah

Confidence, leadership & protection is what attracts the good girls.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1914
Total: 1925

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM