It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Any advice from a Canadian who married in Russia please  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Sous02

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Any advice from a Canadian who married in Russia please
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »
Would appreciate any advice from some Canadians who married their spouse in Russia especially about the process. I keep finding conflicting procedures.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 12:51:22 AM »
The real issue is not so much as where you are from, but where (Russia) you will marry.

Here are links and info, including Canadian:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=20043.0

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline rockford75

• Married And Loving it!!!
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »
Would appreciate any advice from some Canadians who married their spouse in Russia especially about the process. I keep finding conflicting procedures.

Hello so you want to marry in Russia? AWWWWsssome! Elena and I married in Moscow Russia in November 2012 i to am Canadian and understand totally what your going through. The process is real easy. If you are a single you need a paper stating that there are no Legal impediments to your marriage. in other words YOU ARE SINGLE OR DIVORCED AND NOT MARRIED. Now if your in Canada you can get this from your home province where you live. if your planning to marry in Russia go to the Canadian embassy in Moscow. They will have all the info you need on marriage in Russia. the Paper youll need from them is called a  Statement in Lieu of Certification of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad, takes about a day to get. after that you and your lady go to zags and fill out papers. You will probably have to get your papers translated to Russian language too. zags will help you and your lady get married and explain the whole process of what they need.

If you were married before make sure you get a copy of your divorce papers which will have to be Authenticated from the province where your divorce took place. Again any papers you bring from Canada will have to be translated to Russian language.  it seems like alot of work but its not that bad. Good luck hope all works out. Also being from Canada a highly suggest you marry in Moscow as if you try to marry in the village they dont like Foreigners much. 

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Any advice from a Canadian who married in Russia please
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:27:37 AM »
Also being from Canada a highly suggest you marry in Moscow as if you try to marry in the village they dont like Foreigners much.

While possible, these days that may not be easy--ZAGS are assigned to certain regions, and just like medical clinics which except for emergencies are generally not meant for residents from other areas, it is expected that one is married in the ZAGS assigned to where the lady lives. However, if you can convince a Moscow ZAGS manager that the man is only in Moscow for a certain time, or some sort of excuse, it may work.

Marriage ceremonies outside her region places stress on family members of the lady who may find it inconvenient to travel to the big city. As in Russian tradition it is the responsibility of the groom to provide transport to and from the wedding, a groom's hesitation to provide such transportation may cause the bride and her family to view the man as a cheapskate.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline rockford75

• Married And Loving it!!!
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
While possible, these days that may not be easy--ZAGS are assigned to certain regions, and just like medical clinics which except for emergencies are generally not meant for residents from other areas, it is expected that one is married in the ZAGS assigned to where the lady lives. However, if you can convince a Moscow ZAGS manager that the man is only in Moscow for a certain time, or some sort of excuse, it may work.

Marriage ceremonies outside her region places stress on family members of the lady who may find it inconvenient to travel to the big city. As in Russian tradition it is the responsibility of the groom to provide transport to and from the wedding, a groom's hesitation to provide such transportation may cause the bride and her family to view the man as a cheapskate.

That maybe true but iam going by what worked for me and my wifes situation. Me being from Canada and my wife Russian we had no  problem marrying in Moscow. I think you mean if the couple were both Russian then I could see being limited in which zags you can marry at.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »
Did your wife live in Moscow?  Alternatively, you may have married at a zags that performed marriages to foreigners.

My husband's local zags was 200 meters from his home. But we were only allowed to marry at the main zags office. I know that policy changed in Ukraine, where we married, but not for many years after the collapse.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GoldGerard

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 04:21:35 AM »
We have many couples where men were from Canada and women from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and FSU.

One of the recent ones: http://blogs.elenasmodels.com/en/is-elenas-models-legit/

More stories you can find in our "Success stories" on the site.

One thing that I can recall, although I am not an immigration lawyer, is that there is no "fiancee visa" to Canada as there is one to the USA.

Ladies who met their partners through Elenasmodels.com were usually getting married to their boyfriends at their home countries and then applying for a migration visa on the basis of family connection.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541386
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3589
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3577
Total: 3587

+-Recent Posts

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM